It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul 8/28 Interview On Fox News With Chris Wallace

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Again, there's literally thousands of things I'd like to see.

Me not wanting to engage with you on a micro-level is hardly unreasonable.

In general:

I think business is pretty damn untrustworthy.

I think the federal government is very important, but has been high-jacked by business.

I think religion should be removed from politics.

I think taxes should be higher.

I think there should be single payer healthcare.

I think the CIA is a piece of #.

I literally ALSO have thousands of opinions. How many do you want?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Stop Responding to CaptainObvious, as we know his argument is strictly on how he feels the vote is gunna come out, and nothing more.

The guy is stuck in his own Ego.

I'm glad we all have Opinions!

Ron Paul 2012
edit on 2-9-2011 by airjoker88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by airjoker88

Suuuuure... just ignore reality.

But don't be surprised when everything I've stated will happen, happens, for the reasons I've stated.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious

Suuuuure... just ignore reality.

But don't be surprised when everything I've stated will happen, happens, for the reasons I've stated.

Or you can just sit and do nothing in your false reality.

All your reasons have been extremely weak, and strictly based on the voting process not the movement.

Anyways as I've told you before regardless if he wins or loses, I'm just happy more people are becoming aware of the political antics, and waking up from this comatose state of what politics is, but you obviously lack the comprehension to attempt to understand that.

Next.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Chris Wallace is a smug, republican tool. Amazing the hit jobs the MSM tries to do on Paul and his popularity grows.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

You're complaining because I based my analysis on "the voting process"? You mean how people actually get elected?

Well, if you talking about how elections ACTUALLY work is a problem for RP followers then his defeat is pretty much guaranteed. "The voting process" is the basis for the whole thing. A small group of passionate supporters isn't enough. In fact in the last Gallup poll it didn't even get Paul half the support of the front-runner. More annoying (and I'm sure to you avoidable) reality.

How about this, would you like to place a bet? Put your money where your mouth is? If you really think he'll win, why not?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Wow.

You still don't get it.

Thanks for your time.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

I get it just fine. You seem to think that my facts are wrong. They are not. You seem to think that the reality they are based on is unimportant. It is not. You also seem to think there's some great value in people supporting Paul, as it means they're waking up. That's just horribly naive. People have "woken up" and supported fringe candidates for as long as their have been elections... guess how many get elected, actually... go on...

That's the thing, "waking up" only matters if ENOUGH people "wake up" to brings about change. That's where the whole "voting" thing comes into it. Your candidate of choice is gonna loose. In a few years no one will remember him. That's not change. That's same as it ever was.

If you really want change it's not about people waking up, it's about your ideals being actually implemented.

edit on 4-9-2011 by captainnotsoobvious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

That's the thing, "waking up" only matters if ENOUGH people "wake up" to brings about change.

edit on 4-9-2011 by captainnotsoobvious because: (no reason given)

Let's try and make that happen together.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Love to, if only you wanted people to "wake up" to the same thing I want them to "wake up" to.

I, like I said, don't like Ron Paul the candidate (though I do like Ron Paul the person) and I don't want his ideology or solutions implemented.

I can agree that people should, "Expect more from their leaders". Honesty for a start. But I also think that business is a much bigger threat to democracy than the federal government.

Anyway, I hope, for the sake of the sole of the GOP, RP somehow gets the nomination. I'd have a LOT more respect for Republicans full-stop if that happened.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
That's part of it, all these people following the idea of what a Ron Paul is... are people "waking up" I guess you could say. People value his perspective rather than your typical bred politician, regardless if you like his policy's or not.

He seems to be the first to say... End Wars and this "deficit" stops, and then we can shift are focus to how we can deal with are issues here in America. Which non of the candidates seem to be saying. Imagine if he wasn't even part of the field, would it not be obvious then that we are just watching a show.

But like I said earlier..... It was THE PEOPLE that urged him to continue THE PEOPLE that wanted him to campaign for this next election, which should say something in itself. Which is cool stuff ya know.

Lets not be to hasty with the future, as we aren't there yet... but atleast attempt to hope for the best, expect the worst, and never not do anything about it.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

well put... like I said, I hope he gets the nod, but doubt he will... it'd be great for the repubs if he did...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

And I can accurately tell you that based upon your arguments after my post, that I won't believe a word you say.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MorbiSemper

You don't have to, "believe" me, all you have to do is watch.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

I, like I said, don't like Ron Paul the candidate (though I do like Ron Paul the person) and I don't want his ideology or solutions implemented.

Really? you a fan of the fed? irs? undeclared wars? heavy business regulations? taxes?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

See the thing about you is you automatically assume that your grand theory is correct.

I think all of those who spoke against you will be more than content with crossing our arms and raising our brows at you, being that I've done it throughout your entire argument. You've shirked around making valid points, you seemed to be circling yourself, and frankly, most of what you said just sounded like political mind-vomit.

I'd like to see Ron Paul make it, why, because I most certainly don't want someone like Bachmann or Perry around. Nor would I like to see Obama take the reigns once more. I want someone capable of running this country adequately and productively. I believe Ron Paul can do that. But like people above me said. Keep living in your fantasy. I'm through with your lack of logic, before I even had a chance to argue.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MorbiSemper

Like I keep saying, let's just wait and see who's right.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

The Fed is a false boogeyman. The GOP, Paul's party remember, started these wars. Taxes, yes a fan; society is a good thing. Business should be regulated a lot more and is all over Europe.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Saying the fed is a false boogeyman is a cop-out, either they hold fault for banking manipulation, bailouts, and inflation or they don't. So is the fed guilty or aren't they?

GOP had a part in the wars but the planning and execution of the idea of terror goes higher up the ladder, why are you blaming the GOP for starting wars? Ron Paul is for undeclared wars so why would you assume he is for his affiliated party because he wants to win the election?

Wow, you just said you want more taxes and business regulation, uhhh I suppose you really don't know what you're talking about then.

End of conversation.

lol, more taxes and business regulation...hahahahahahahahahahahaha

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

The Fed doesn't act in a vacuum. It was created by the government, essentially, and acts on behalf of the government and business. Ending the Fed won't stop any "bad" policies because lawmakers would simply use another mechanism to inact these policies. Policies which pretty much every country in the world also has.

On top of that, the fed, in the US, is basically the sharp end of right wing big business fiscal policy. If you're a Republican, the Fed's policies are your parties policies. And the Fed is not some mechanism of some scary secret cabal.

All of this makes the fed a red hering. If you want to end the Fed's policies grand, but the rest of the world is gonna keep printing money. If you understand how currencies are pegged then you'll know what happens if a currency suddenly becomes more scarce. What will that do to the cost of US exports?
This is what annoys me about the ridiculous Fed scaremongering, it's based on a lot of delusion and misunderstanding of what the Fed is and what it does. And what the real options are.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join