It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul 8/28 Interview On Fox News With Chris Wallace

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Patrick Henry would disagree, he said, "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests."

"In questions of power, then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution." -Thomas Jefferson

"This magistrate is not the king. The people are the king." -Gouverneur Morris

"Do not separate text from historical background. If you do, you will have perverted and subverted the Constitution, which can only end in a distorted, bastardized form of illegitimate government." -James Madison

IMO Ron Paul gets it.
edit on 29-8-2011 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Phantom

I love Patrick Henry. However I never claimed the Constitution was written to restrain the people and I agree with you on that however, and this was my point, the Constitution also was not written to restrain the Federal Government.

The Federal Government before the Constitution for all intents and purposes had no power, it all lay within the States. So there would be no reason to write a document to restrain power which they did not have.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
After watching this I'm worried he comes off too strong. Thiere is no other candidate like Ron Paul that tells it like it is.

Although...
I'm not sure he has the right plan but he comes across very honest and intelligent with a true caring for the nation.

I just watched another video where he talks about being under the influence.

Hilarious!!

Youtube

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

That's fine if that's your opinion, everybody is entitled to one, I'm just letting people know that Patrick Henry said, "...it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government" so that people don't think it's some new idea that Ron Paul came up with, the concept has been around for a while.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Phantom

Patrick Henry was an anti-federalist and in his speech he was saying what the Constitution should be. He was not speaking about what it was in fact he was against the Constitution for the very reasons you mentioned.

During the period of debate over the ratification of the Constitution, numerous independent local speeches and articles were published all across the country. Initially, many of the articles in opposition were written under pseudonyms, such as “Brutus”, “Centinel”, and “Federal Farmer”. Eventually, famous revolutionary figures such as Patrick Henry came out publicly against the Constitution. They argued that the strong national government proposed by the Federalists was a threat to the rights of individuals and that the President would become a king. They objected to the federal court system created by the proposed constitution. This produced a phenomenal body of political writing; the best and most influential of these articles and speeches were gathered by historians into a collection known as the Anti-Federalist Papers in allusion to the Federalist Papers.

librivox.org...

This is why the anti-federalists pushed to have a Bill of Rights added to the constitution because as it was written these rights were not addressed. So while it's a very noble effort to attibute this saying to the Constitution you do indeed have the context of his famous speech a little confused.

Nice to know that people are still aware of Patrick Henry though.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
bubububububu....but it's FOX!!

anyone else catch that giggle in the beginning? lol! stoner stuff.

any decent question will get a decent answer, imo.

he sounds like a pie in the sky guy, check out this other OMG! FOX interview.

wait till the end to hear neil comment about his exposure in the media.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

What Patrick Henry believed in became reality, we have the constitution that we have. Patrick Henry was one of the reasons that the Revolution even took place, and yes, he helped to shape the constitution, he shouldn't have let frustration keep him from being a part of the process of working on it in the first place, but he fought for his ideals and had enough supporters to make changes so that it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government, as he said.
edit on 29-8-2011 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Ron Paul delivers the smack down! And all he really did was tell the truth. There might be hope for us yet.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

I never thought I'd witness a politician say exactly what I wanted.

Even if they are just words - the words give me some measure of hope that perhaps there is a politician that gives a rat's ass about the U.S

people said that about our current president as well. but don't worry, this dude has 35 years of honest votes to stand on.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Notice how the reporter goes on attack immediately? But by the end of the interview he starts to be easier on ron paul. His initial intent was to discredit mister paul but I think by the end of the interview ron paul had another supporter.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I am disillusioned of Ron Paul. I liked his anti-war stance but - talking about health care as he does only serves the corporate interests he inveighs on about.
However, what did I expect of somebody who can make compromises with neocon Republicans?

The psychopathic mentality that our monkey tribe should let anyone die who does not have money (translate: power) has swept this sane agreeable old school conservative too.

Well folks, we're no longer in the Wild West.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I guess no one told the Thirteenth Amendment, which specifically limits the rights of individuals.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

troll.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

btw: RP is not 100% honest...

Here he says, essentially, people shouldn't trust the IMF because one of it's leaders was accused of rape.

Well in that case let's not vote for RP, because one of his parties leaders was George W Bush.

It's a wildly dishonest argument.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Kokatsi

no one dies in this country from lack of ability to get health care they die because hey did not get to a health care professional quick enough or a doctor did not see them quick enough in the E.R.

Most county hospitals simply write off the people that never pay as charitable deductions there is no such thing as not being able to receive medical care in America. There is such a thing as not having access to insurance or the proper kind of insurance and this problem would go away if people boycotted the insurance companies and boycotted the universities that which charge hundreds of thousands for medical degree's. We have a lot of problems in our system that can all be solved by the people but they simply do not have the time or patience to care these days about the real problems.....

Stop saying ignorant things...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
He also says that the constitution is "right" as long as he agrees with it.

In other words, "I want to change the constitution to fit my beliefs."

Not exactly "protecting" it...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

nvm
edit on 29-8-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

Ron Paul has never been part of the Establishment of the republican party like GB was. He must run on this ticket because third parties are what re elect the person currently holding office

The argument is honest and valid it is you whom are the moron that does not understand and talks out of the rear end.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Old77

It's obviously not honest.

I person in an organisation doesn't represent the entire organisation, as you yourself just said.

I understand you want him to be perfect, but he's not.

It's a dishonest argument used to push his ideological agenda and it's a pretty ham-handed one at that.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join