It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Mandatory Evacuation In New Jersey

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I have seen that from NC up to NYC, evacuations are already in effect. The Mayor of NY said (on the weather channel), if you choose to stay, where we have mandated evacuations,, don't call us for help if something happens. We are not going to put our people in harms way because you chose to stay.

If you look at this storm, it is HUGE! Nothing to play around with. If on the east coast, from NC up, GET OUT!
Why take a chance? The way things have been going with events in the US...I would't chance it.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
This is nothing more than the State covering all their bases. In the event that the Storm does get worse, than no one can sue the State and claim that they were negligent by not issuing any kind of warning. It really is as simple as that. NJ will not get hit a Cat 3 storm. Once it makes landfall in NC it will begin to weaken. That is what happens to ALL hurricanes once they make landfall. According to all projections this Storm by the time it reaches NJ will be a weak Cat 2, possibly even a Cat 1.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by summer5
I have seen that from NC up to NYC, evacuations are already in effect. The Mayor of NY said (on the weather channel), if you choose to stay, where we have mandated evacuations,, don't call us for help if something happens. We are not going to put our people in harms way because you chose to stay.

If you look at this storm, it is HUGE! Nothing to play around with. If on the east coast, from NC up, GET OUT!
Why take a chance? The way things have been going with events in the US...I would't chance it.

In that same statement he also said to expect Tropical Storm conditions. That is very much different from Hurricane conditions. The States are simply covering their bases. After what happened in New Orleans with Katrina, it is the smart thing to do, just in case

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
After Katrina, no one wants to be the fall guy for a hurricane not taken seriously enough, I think.

On the flip side, that is one huge ass hurricane.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
wonder what is with the sat block out?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Mother Earth will unleash her wrath upon mankind..We have dealt the first blows, now she will rid of us like pests.

Yet, the public will continue to ignore the signs; they will think it is just another storm coming through. It is happening world wide.

My friends there is no coincidence involved, it is connected!

If one could achieve population control; one could get away with it as well..
edit on 26-8-2011 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enlightenme1111
Irene is predicted to be a weak category 1 hurricane by the time it gets there. Why is this necessary?

They are testing weather control technology. Left to itself Irene may pose no danger. But they are testing technology that can strengthen/weaken hurricanes and change their course. These are preparations for something going wrong and the test succeedong in strengthening the hurricane as intendeded but failing in other respects like weakening it or changing its course. That is what may have happened with Katrina and Rita and this may be version 2.0 of the technology

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Why are the images blacking out the hurricane?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Ughh. We're gonna get raped by this storm. Not looking forward to the mess but I'll be in Philly for the weekend, so hopefully I don't get too mixed in with it.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunterKiller
reply to post by noobgal

Sadly, you cannot kill off cockroaches that easily...

Sorry, I know that was offensive and rude, but I see absolutely no benefit in the existence of that show.

Back on topic.. . here is a link to our local news site, including clips from Mayor Bloomberg's statement today.
newyork.cbslocal.com...

More interesting is NYC.gov's map of evacuation zones.. mainly low lying parts of the city including Lower Manhattan's Financial district:

gis.nyc.gov...
Second link: gothamist.com...-1

My company (major financial) is already on standby for activating a DR in case many people cannot make it in to work on Monday. I guess we'll see if it's all hype or not.

HK........ that's the pot calling the kettle Black isn't it ???????

Sadly, you cannot kill off cockroaches that easily.

then you said ..

My company (major financial) is ...

I know 'Jersey Shore' is obviously a pile of crap but also don't forget that the Financial world and those who parade around in it are also full of Cr*p too.........

HOWEVER ''BE SAFE'' this weekend ....

Regards

PDUK

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I'm in North Jersey & the house will be boarded & secured , I'll let you know what the aftermath looks like when I return from the BOL in PA! :-) Fellow 6th boro residents, be safe... those of you in flood prone areas along the passaic I encourage you to Poof ASAP!

SHTF Dry Run!!! If it ain't rainin',we ain't trainin'!

Semper Fidelis

edit on 26-8-2011 by EyesWideShut because: Some say a comet will fall from the sky ,followed by meteor showers & tidal waves followed by faultlines that cannot sit still,followed by millions of dumbfounded dip$hyts.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
This is nothing more than the State covering all their bases. In the event that the Storm does get worse, than no one can sue the State and claim that they were negligent by not issuing any kind of warning. It really is as simple as that. NJ will not get hit a Cat 3 storm. Once it makes landfall in NC it will begin to weaken. That is what happens to ALL hurricanes once they make landfall. According to all projections this Storm by the time it reaches NJ will be a weak Cat 2, possibly even a Cat 1.

Do you realize a cat 2 hurricane has winds of 96-110 MPH????? Do you know what that will/could do??

A catagory 1 has 74-96 MPH winds with a 4-6 ft storm surge. Imagine what this could do to the city of New York.

I hate to see people downplay this...that can cost lives.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by EL1A5
Mother Earth will unleash her wrath upon mankind..We have dealt the first blows, now she will rid of us like pests.

Bro Chill.

It is just a rock with water and stuff on it - it isn't conscious.

*And it is 'Father Time' you have to be worried about, not mother earth. Father time kills everyone.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Flying Sorcerer

I'm from NY and I feel like this Hurricane Irene is just being gassed up so people can rake in money. I really do not think its going to be that bad, by the time it gets to New England, cold water is gonna drain the crap out of this hurricane.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

New York was hit with Hurricane Carl last year and that was a Category 2, I really don't think its going to be that bad.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast

Do you realize a cat 2 hurricane has winds of 96-110 MPH????? Do you know what that will/could do??

A catagory 1 has 74-96 MPH winds with a 4-6 ft storm surge. Imagine what this could do to the city of New York.

Do you realize I live in Louisiana and have been through my fair share of Hurricanes?

My general rule of thumb, is do not evacuate for Cat 3 and under, but that is me. A Cat 3 storm is something I keep very close tabs on, ESPECIALLY in the closing hours before land fall. I look for any sign of strengthening at all and by one hour before land fall I make my final call.

I am not down playing this storm... but I am also not fear mongering. My take on this thing is pretty simple. Having lived in NC previously, I know how services are and I know how the landscape is. NC will take a good shot. If I was directly on the coast, I would move inland. If I am inland by 50 miles, I would expect to be without power for as much as a week or two. As far as NY, DC, NJ goes.... it's a joke. They may get some localized flooding due to heavy rainfall, but that is where it ends... IF this storm follows all projections.

If this storm makes land fall in NC (as I expect it to and as projected) it will begin to weaken as it moves North. Even if the eye is still over water, with half the storm coming over land it will begin to loose strength. ALL HURRICANES DO IT. SO unless this is a magic storm that will break all the rules that every other storm before has set, by the time it reaches NJ, NY, Philadelphia, DC... it will be nothing more than a very strong thunderstorm.

edited to add: A Cat 1 in NYC would be nothing. The buildings would do a lot to cut back on the wind. As another poster said, Carl was a Cat 2. Do you remember Hurricane Carl? No one does cause even as a Cat 2 it did very little and was not newsworthy. Now a Cat 3 making a direct hit into NYC would make Katrina look like a day at a water park. However, that would be a direct hit where the storm comes from the ocean and straight into NY. Not once coming up the coastline and losing strength as it travels North.

As a matter of fact... for a very good idea of what would happen to New York City in the event of a direct hit from a Cat 3 Hurricane, I suggest looking up The Weather Channel program called, "It could happen tomorrow". They actually cover that exact scenario cause I direct hit in NYC is actually long over due. But this storm again is traveling up the coast, there will be no direct hit.
edit on 26-8-2011 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I been up for an hour now and they mentioned the hurricane only once on sky news, yet libya and the resignation of the japanese president have come out 20 times.

Mainstream news

And they been talking about an obesity tax for ages!!!!

I hope all goes well people, stay safe.
edit on 26-8-2011 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast

Do you realize I live in Louisiana and have been through my fair share of Hurricanes?

My general rule of thumb, is do not evacuate for Cat 3 and under, but that is me. A Cat 3 storm is something I keep very close tabs on, ESPECIALLY in the closing hours before land fall. I look for any sign of strengthening at all and by one hour before land fall I make my final call.

I am not down playing this storm... but I am also not fear mongering. My take on this thing is pretty simple. Having lived in NC previously, I know how services are and I know how the landscape is. NC will take a good shot. If I was directly on the coast, I would move inland. If I am inland by 50 miles, I would expect to be without power for as much as a week or two. As far as NY, DC, NJ goes.... it's a joke. They may get some localized flooding due to heavy rainfall, but that is where it ends... IF this storm follows all projections.

If this storm makes land fall in NC (as I expect it to and as projected) it will begin to weaken as it moves North. Even if the eye is still over water, with half the storm coming over land it will begin to loose strength. ALL HURRICANES DO IT. SO unless this is a magic storm that will break all the rules that every other storm before has set, by the time it reaches NJ, NY, Philadelphia, DC... it will be nothing more than a very strong thunderstorm.

edited to add: A Cat 1 in NYC would be nothing. The buildings would do a lot to cut back on the wind. As another poster said, Carl was a Cat 2. Do you remember Hurricane Carl? No one does cause even as a Cat 2 it did very little and was not newsworthy. Now a Cat 3 making a direct hit into NYC would make Katrina look like a day at a water park. However, that would be a direct hit where the storm comes from the ocean and straight into NY. Not once coming up the coastline and losing strength as it travels North.

As a matter of fact... for a very good idea of what would happen to New York City in the event of a direct hit from a Cat 3 Hurricane, I suggest looking up The Weather Channel program called, "It could happen tomorrow". They actually cover that exact scenario cause I direct hit in NYC is actually long over due. But this storm again is traveling up the coast, there will be no direct hit.
edit on 26-8-2011 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

What you say is true . I agree usually when its a Cat 3 and up is when i take notice. But its gonna hit NC directly so even if it weakens we will probably get some bad localized flooding with the rainfall they are calling for. And flooding is usually my main concern during these. It is us im worried about not the north cause like you said when it hits us its gonna diminish quite a lot they always do ..
edit on 26-8-2011 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by letscit

did china unleash a earthquake and a hurricane on D.C. WITH THEIR HAARP MACHINE? DID WW3 START BUT ON DOWN LOW WITH WEATHER WEAPONS. sorry about the caps.

considering all the false flags our own gov has perpetrated on numerous countries including us, leans more to the converse (self-inflicted injuries to justify wars with the framed scapegoats)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

The North Carolina/Virgina boarder will be the hardest hit in the US. No doubt about it and with any hurricane flooding is the big thing to watch out for. It causes more damage usually than the actual storm and it is spread out over a much wider area. This storm is huge, depending on how saturated the ground is will be a huge factor in how bad the flooding will be. Anyone by any rivers, canals, bays will want to pay very close attention to flooding and storm surge. The water can and will continue to rise even after the storm itself has passed.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join