It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Busted!! fake news on libya- movie sets, fake videos and pics, death threats to journalists

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
since when did ats become such a feeding ground for the trolls?
dont remember it being this way a year ago.
think ats may just be under attack? heard of stranger things.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Oh wow, you would think they would at least put some work into it and more detail to cover the tracks. Do the MSM think we're stupid...oh wait they do.

The bottom line is, this news can easily suck up unheeded minds and since they know details are not that important for the masses, they try to demonize conspiracy theorists and terrorists in disguise.

What a load of bullocks. Can I get off this planet now? ET is phoning home...cause right now earth is not it.

link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Jordan River

It's kind of disproven.

During their appeal, FOX asserted that there are no written rules against distorting news in the media. They argued that, under the First Amendment, broadcasters have the right to lie or deliberately distort news reports on public airwaves. Fox attorneys did not dispute Akre’s claim that they pressured her to broadcast a false story, they simply maintained that it was their right to do so.

The Media Can Legally Lie

According to the Congress report published in 1976:

"The CIA currently maintains a network of several hundred foreign individuals around the world who provide intelligence for the CIA and at times attempt to influence opinion through the use of covert propaganda. These individuals provide the CIA with direct access to a large number of newspapers and periodicals, scores of press services and news agencies, radio and television stations, commercial book publishers, and other foreign media outlets."

This hasnt been disproved.......has it?

link   
reply to post by letscit

All humans are the same and driven by the same desires, reaching their own subjective goals. Sorry, but wanting them to be like us is no different than them wanting to be like them. It's the same human drive. Don't you get that?

No, no bombs went off last week in America. But bombs did go off, and they do occasionally. Us being more educated and civilized, we place more value on life. This is to be expected as a nation grows and advances. Those places in America that are not so, have just as much crime and problems as places in Iraq. Perhaps the fact that there's tons of old soviet stock piles in the area allows them quick acess to bombs. America, having never been successfully powered by soviet weapons, is not so.

There are many reasons. Though a simple thought crosses my mind. The fact that they do bomb, and we don't as often. Perhaps that is reason enough to want them to be like us?

All and all, Iraq is a decent place, besides the bombs.

So decent that...

I like the part where he laughs at the idea of using body armor and the people are nice.

You shoul dprobably stop painting the world blakc and white in extrems of good and evil. Just because they have bombs going odd doesn't make them evil. Likewise, just because America doesn't, neither makes them civilized nor good.

Just some simple words of advice, fyi.
edit on 26-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: le spelling

edit on 26-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91
[more

your wrong, but that is your opinion, and i have mine. i wont be swayed by your and obviously you wont be swayed by mine. just sucks im stuck in this vacuum with people of your mindset who think our armies can bring peace to the world through death.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by letscit

Not peace. Stability. The European colonizers took peace, we're just trying to give them the means to get it back.

I mean, we kind of are responsible for Modern Japan, Philipines, and several other places. While we were evil in slaughtering the natives of our land, we made it up and helped bring stability and civilization to other natives.

never forget that the Europeans left Africa suddenly, and are soley responsible for the unending war and poverty of over a billion people across a whole contineent. I'd rather not take that path.

The idea of bringing peace is a lie. You can never have freedom and peace together.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

uh, Those things are not modern day. The statement was in regaurd to this situation, which has been disproven.

I've no doubt the media lies. But I've not seen much proof in modern era. the 60s, and the whole cold war era, was full of lies.

Please do not add straws of unrelated cases to try and back your case.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

Again, this has been all but proven to be wrong. Read the thread.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
This is the same CIA controlled press that told us Lee Harvey Oswald all alone killed Kennedy and that 911 was done by some Arabs with box cutters—all lies for the sheep.

They don’t even look like Arabs; they are clearly brown Indians.
Of course to the stupid sheep all Arabs, Indians and Asians look alike.

CNN is CIA, BBC is MI6, and Fox is worst. . . probably Mossad.

Sure they would do this as they did 911 and tricked millions so this is light stuff for the CIA controlled liars in the western media.

edit on 26-8-2011 by inforeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

uh, Those things are not modern day. The statement was in regaurd to this situation, which has been disproven.

I've no doubt the media lies. But I've not seen much proof in modern era. the 60s, and the whole cold war era, was full of lies.

Please do not add straws of unrelated cases to try and back your case.

If you believe its not happening now,because theres no congressional hearings on it recently,your mistaken.The CIA exists for this reason. From the Patriot Act,to the unconstitutional wars,we are being mislead. I gave you my proof,you show me differently.and not ONLY your very biased opinions. Im saddened that as a Ron Paul supporter,you believe its alright to do these things,to continue the War ideology that exists today. Ron Paul Im sure,would not want your vote.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

ya we will agree to disagree and maybe you will get some freakish satisfaction from that. and you wanna call it stability then fine. until your mindset changes there will be no stabilization. for one i will be against it in your eyes and i am not alone in this thinking. hence no stability.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
People I know including my son, people who don't frequent conspiracy sites, notice the footage from Libya seems fake,

just my 2 cents

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Actually you didn't really prove anything. Those videos were from a few presidents ago. Times change.

As far as I know, Fox news lies the most blatnatly. All I'm asking is for proof, definite proof, of modern media blatantly lieing. I've seen smearing, taking out of context, but never blatantly lieing. Obviously besides Fox news, whom no body takes seriously other than uneducated.

As to war, liberty is one that never ends. I really have no desire for peace.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by letscit

Actually that is stability. You're not blowing me up because I disagree.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by letscit
since when did ats become such a feeding ground for the trolls?
dont remember it being this way a year ago.
think ats may just be under attack? heard of stranger things.

I've noticed this as well, ATS is way out of control lately, lots
of sods on here than there ever were before.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
unfortunately msn is counting on us all being dumb as thats the only card left
they can pull. Boy are they wrong, and they're going to fall fast and furiously
very soon. No one is going to feed into their rubbish for much longer.

Originally posted by RisenAngel77
Oh wow, you would think they would at least put some work into it and more detail to cover the tracks. Do the MSM think we're stupid...oh wait they do.

The bottom line is, this news can easily suck up unheeded minds and since they know details are not that important for the masses, they try to demonize conspiracy theorists and terrorists in disguise.

What a load of bullocks. Can I get off this planet now? ET is phoning home...cause right now earth is not it.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by awareness10

Disagreement doesn't make you a troll. And this is honestly just unproven. You should probably read through the thread, It's pretty clear that it's real.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

reply to post by letscit

Not peace. Stability. The European colonizers took peace, we're just trying to give them the means to get it back.

I mean, we kind of are responsible for Modern Japan, Philipines, and several other places. While we were evil in slaughtering the natives of our land, we made it up and helped bring stability and civilization to other natives.

never forget that the Europeans left Africa suddenly, and are soley responsible for the unending war and poverty of over a billion people across a whole contineent. I'd rather not take that path.

The idea of bringing peace is a lie. You can never have freedom and peace together.

Ummmm wow, just wow. Are you serious

As I have highlighted the best from you so far (no insult intended) do you care to elaborate on
we're just trying to give them the means to get it back?
That's none of our business and part of Americas problem now IMHO. We need to stay the "F" out of everyone's else's business and worry about our own matters first. How can we help others if we can't help ourselves. Please, stop that!

I must assume that you are mistaken or are from a different planet if you really believe this BS:
we made it up and helped bring stability and civilization to other natives

Again, care to elaborate on this as well? Also, can you explain to me the right to kill millions of people on their land and then tell them by force on their own land, this is where you're allowed to live? You can't possibly believe any good came out of stealing land from an entire race of people has somehow bettered the people that were robbed. Where else did that tactic work out? Then again, I guess it all depends on your personal views. But I am personally offended, being of Native background and you are so seriously out of line and WRONG!

You can never have freedom and peace together
....As long as the views of others elsewhere in the world are like yours. I guess you don't believe in "Do Unto Others As you Would Have Others Do Unto You", and you probably think "Karma" is a silly gesture, as I am sure you would want your family massacred or forced to live elsewhere or made to believe freedom and peace can never coexist. Oh wait, the last one you do believe in, you said it yourself. I feel sorry for you and others like you that feel this way. I'm more naive than I thought

Here's another of yours from an earlier post:
And yet the US desires to let them be independent, in exchange for some oil and friends. How can I say that is wrong in the context of the last +2000 years of regional history?
Now the US is "letting" Libya be independent.

I hope you are just confused or maybe you swallowed the pill earlier. Again, I truly mean no disrespect to you, I'm just seriously appauled by your opinions and views as I find them extremely extreme.

You have me confused and dazed. Some of what you have posted on this thread has been good, then you go and make statements like those above
What gives

Peace

edit on 8/26/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: add comment

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Excellent Thread! Thankyou for posting, people desperately need to hear this as most
people today have rose coloured glasses on and cannot differentiate between what's
really going on vs. what's gov't funded propaganda.

SF

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

Actually you didn't really prove anything. Those videos were from a few presidents ago. Times change.

As far as I know, Fox news lies the most blatnatly. All I'm asking is for proof, definite proof, of modern media blatantly lieing. I've seen smearing, taking out of context, but never blatantly lieing. Obviously besides Fox news, whom no body takes seriously other than uneducated.

As to war, liberty is one that never ends. I really have no desire for peace.

Sorry,but You cant say "besides" Fox news,because they call themselves a news network!!!! Cherry picking your News networks?
I gave you proof that it has happened,and now you want more? I gave you proof it has happened in the past,but you "believe" it doesn't anymore???? Sorry,but give the horse back his blinds.......Deny Ignorance. Peace.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join