It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Busted!! fake news on libya- movie sets, fake videos and pics, death threats to journalists

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by sonnny1

No. I don't think the CIA is new and improved. I think that the leadership changes every year.

Beacuase, you know, people get old...and die.

I don't really see what's so hard to get. What you're saying is like saying every president since Nixon favored keeping abortion legal because it gets rid of "mixed" children, because Nixon thought so. No, this is not true. Nixon got replaced. The next person has no reason to follow the same rules and ideology.

But yet, people like yourself believe that organizations should be judged entirely by one person, by one leader, probably one whose dead.
I don't believe this and quite frankly I think the system needs a freakin colonoscopy

You had me going there for a minute about the mixed thing...
I still don't get why you're so opposed to peace.

edit on 8/27/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75
reply to post by wcitizen

That's the kind of thinking they rely on.

You mean Logic and Common Sense?.....That doesn't sound like most News stations. You're missing my point....sure the News is slanted... occasionally in extreme cases it's even outright faked...but doing something like this would be impossible. How could they keep an entire town quite about something like this? They'd be telling everyone that could listen that it was a hoax....They're not morons...they are resourceful people, they'd get the true message out almost immediately.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Your own post answers itself. War is evil. But it is in that fact that I think I know pretty well how to fight a war. I don't belive in war crimes because war is a crime.

Thus, I do all I can to prevent a war. because my enemy does not want to see me in war.

I am not a fan of what we do now. This idea of "light war". Going in, mesing stuff up, running away. No, war to me is something entirely different. It, itself, is a weapon of mass distruction. Be friendly to your neighbors in peace, but if you do go to war, nothing is off limits, nothing is "wrong", nothing is noble, nothing is good.

Too many have this idea of war being good. Something you can be right in. No. You're never right in war. You just let yourself momentarily be consumed by evil for the gamble of greater good tomorrow. War is genocide, war is evil, it is nothing we can ever be noble or good in. It' pure, unedited, evil.

And it's for that very reason that, should we ever need to fight a war, we should never restrict ourselves. Restricting ourselves is for peace time. This idea of rules of engagement or anything like that is not functional. We add lawyers to war, and crimes, and nobility thinking we'll look better. I guess your father's stories say enough. In war, you annihilate your enemy. If you don't have it in you to do this, don't fight a war. That's probably why the only ever "justified" war I'll say ever existed was WW2. Just because of what happened.

reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Mainly, because peace gives time for vicious animals to gather back their strength. Look at our own country. We've had internal peace for decades now. It's just given the psycopaths more time to gather wealth and power.

I'm rather in favor for a Jeffersonian everlasting war against corruption.

An internal war, not something external like we do today.
edit on 27-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
Come on, you REALLY think if theyre gonna stage something as massive as this, theyre gonna screw up using flags of ANOTHER COUNTRY?
Its 5:30, pill line is starting to form up, get in line

All they have to do is flash a couple seconds of video, tell you that it's "_________" and 99% of people will swallow it and smack their lips without questioning it.

It's how we got in the mess we're in.

Pay attention. Wake up.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by awareness10

Thank you for your kind words. Gorman, just confirmed it. The 1940's and 1890's I believe is what he/she said (don't quote me on the latter). It is nice to have these discussions and we need them and stay civil. I think it's great!

However, I doubt we will ever get to the bottom of this supposed Hoaxed event. I sure as heck want to know....anxiously waiting

Be Well

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Wow, shame on me for not thanking the author of the thread. Dam good observation

Thank You

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Peace.....

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

That's kind of why I don't view the players of war as good or evil, but rather, whose going to let me paint or say what I want should they win.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

you have provided no requisite evidence , the colour behind the tower is of the sun setting in the entrance , not of street lighting and above entrance the pitch dark of night . Please provide evidence and related spectral class analysis . combine it from unbiased sources (not western,qatari,russian MSM). preferably alternative media.

sources preferable would be indian ,pakistani ,icelandic or any neutral nation's analysis. start again and subject your explanations to greater scrutiny and scientific tools

Originally posted by USAisdevil

clearly look at the pic again . background behind tower is evening in the entrance . also above entrance background is pitch black of night . first red flag

second red flag , background in the entrance seems like a poster

cripmeister and saturnfx please subject your 'evidence' to greater scrutiny as msm is lying consistently and thats proven . your 'evidence' is unraveling at the seams and it indicates kneejerk and crappy research . I suggest improve your standards
edit on 26-8-2011 by USAisdevil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Well actually since it's your claim that it's the sun setting why don't you do that?
Burden of proof lies on the one who makes the claim.

However I'll let you chew on something that might give you a start. This one from AP. Youtube. Notice how the buildings look exactly the same. Notice that it's the middle of the night. Notice the huge flood lights on the square.
So care to give it another go?

[edit to add] Also notice how in the end they show this exact area.

[edit to add again] or you can just try this one... Youtube.
edit on 27/8/2011 by PsykoOps because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mars1
Another one for you.

Just watch the man in background.

Thanks

Totally a soldier in the back ground. How can i tell lol i used to do the same thing with the hat. back pocket folded inward slap against knee. In civilian life hats cost way to much, i would never do that to one i own because if screws up the bill.
edit on 27-8-2011 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

again you have not provided requisite evidence for your claims .. look at the background behind the tower again ,its clear evening . artifical lighting does not illuminate sky like that only sun set does .Also your sources are western and al jazeera , which i had stated are not acceptable as evidence ,with their clear cut agenda of their govts and controllers, so your sources are not neutral.

please provide requisite evidence and with proper scrutiny and explain the fallacies with sources ... you have yet to provide conclusive evidence.the conditions for evidence to be legit are stated in my previous post

you have provided no requisite evidence , the colour behind the tower is of the sun setting in the entrance , not of street lighting and above entrance the pitch dark of night . Please provide evidence and related spectral class analysis . combine it from unbiased sources (not western,qatari,russian MSM). preferably alternative media.

sources preferable would be indian ,pakistani ,icelandic or any neutral nation's analysis. start again and subject your explanations to greater scrutiny and scientific tools

clearly look at the pic again . background behind tower is evening in the entrance . also above entrance background is pitch black of night . first red flag

second red flag , background in the entrance seems like a poster

cripmeister and saturnfx please subject your 'evidence' to greater scrutiny as msm is lying consistently and thats proven . your 'evidence' is unraveling at the seams and it indicates kneejerk and crappy research . I suggest improve your standards
edit on 26-8-2011 by USAisdevil because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-8-2011 by USAisdevil because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-8-2011 by USAisdevil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I usually make more "intelligent" comments but...

Right now I'm completely lost. So if a hoax is the hoax, doesnt it mean that it could be true?

Seriously, this thread melted half of my braincells... lol

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I wondered how a few rebels could take on an army. The scary thing is the governments are capable of this, Remember operation Northwoods. I'm going to show this to my husband who believes the media only tells the truth.
Great thread.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Well done, saved me the job of proving how gullable people here on ATS are. It is quite sad that obvious propaganda posted by the OP had such enormous support, look at the flags. Basic steps before flagging : verify!

In addition I would add that in order for the "conspiracy" intimated by the OP to be true the following would have to be true:

1. Everyone in LIbya, ie citizens , would have to be "in on the conspiracy" in order to perpetuate it.
2. Everyone not Libyan who appears in any video would have to be "in on the conspiracy" in order to perpetuate it.
3. All camera crews, soundmen, car drivers, make-up crew, tea ladies !! right down to the bottom of the travelling media circus where people are paid the lowest wage would have to be "in on the conspiracy" in order to perpetuate it.
4. All support staff back in the western offices of the media outlets who organise hotels, air flights etc have to be "in on the conspiracy" in order to perpetuate it.
5. All politicians of all western governments of all political parties (note cross party support for the NATO involvement) : anywhere outside the US that means from communist !! to US republican equivalent on the right would have to be "in on the conspiracy" in order to perpetuate it.
6. All civil servants of all politicians would have to be "in on the conspiracy" in order to perpetuate it.
7. All military personnel of all western countries would have to be "in on the conspiracy" in order to perpetuate it.
8. All civilian support staff of the military......
etc etc etc

Freaking hell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like the OP and all who flagged the OP are the ONLY ONES ON THE PLANET not in on the conspiracy........hmmmm what does that tell you from a psychological angle

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by awareness10
lolol I just had this image of CIA AGENTS in Girl Scout Uniforms on a ''Secret Assignment''.

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by sonnny1

What's to say they continued lying after found out?

It's sort of a logical fallacy to assue an organization that did harm one generation should be assumed to still be doing it the next generation.

Its the CIA ,Gorman,not a bunch of Girl Scouts selling new and improved fat free cookies.....Gosh,I have to stop before a mod bans me..Have fun living in the delusion........Peace.

I shouldnt say this,but maybe Gormans a troop leader???

Deny Ignorance..............

or,

a White House employee !!

sounds a lot like some press releases !!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

The Media Can Legally Lie

The Amici position was “If upheld by this court, the decision would convert personnel actions arising from disagreements over editorial policy into litigation battles in which state courts would interpret and apply federal policies that raise significant and delicate constitutional and statutory issues.” After all, Amici argued, 40 states now have Whistleblower laws, imagine what would happen if employees in those 40 states followed the same course of action?

The position implies that First Amendment rights belong to the employers – in this case the five power media groups. And when convenient, the First Amendment becomes a broad shield to hide behind. Let’s not forget, however; the airwaves belong to the people. Is there no public interest left—while these media giants make their private fortunes using the public airwaves? [color=limegreen]Can corporations have the power to influence the media reporting, even at the expense of the truth? Apparently so.

In addition, the five “friends” referred to FCC policies. The five admit they are “vitally interested in the outcome of this appeal, which will determine the extent to which state whistleblower laws may incorporate federal policies that touch on sensitive questions of editorial judgment.”

The media are corporations !!!!!

They don't call it an "Editorial Desk" for noth'in !!

with no law against media lies and distortions, it would be up to "people" to see things in their own views,
the media has it pretty easy with this philosophy !

If YOU watch their shows, YOU are in THEIR yard !!

Hollywood lies all the time !

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
All I know is my friend of five years from Benghazi has been in touch with me only once since this started. That was 2 weeks ago when he was in Brega - where there was internet and phone. For all who reckon the stories from ordinary Libyan's are all bogus - I can confirm that they are NOT.

He left Brega 2 weeks ago when Gaddafi's people moved back in and returned to Benghazi promising to be in touch when he could. I have heard nothing from him since he returned to Benghazi.

My friend is extremely upset by what took place in Benghazi. For all who doubt that Gaddafi ordered live ammunition to be used on his own citizens - HE DID.

He tells me thousands are dead but...he added 'after this no more dictator,' - a comment that would have been unthinkable to send in an email not so long ago. For all who doubt that 'a few rebels' could take out an army - THEY DID - WITH AIR SUPPORT FROM NATO.

The whole world is NOT a movie script.

edit on 27-8-2011 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
Come on, you REALLY think if theyre gonna stage something as massive as this, theyre gonna screw up using flags of ANOTHER COUNTRY?
Its 5:30, pill line is starting to form up, get in line

Oh yes my friend. I'm in line alright, the one that looks for truth.
There is proof that the news has been filmed on a set, ie: Gulf War I on CNN.

Where is Bin Laden's body? They lied about that so I'm feeling safe to say that they are lying about a ton of other things too. This is high drama, all created for the masses. Time to read the ol' guide book on how to do these things.... 1984, by George Orwell.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join