It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Busted!! fake news on libya- movie sets, fake videos and pics, death threats to journalists

page: 12
275
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Yes alot of wars are started with deception. WW2 when russia invaded Finland was also such a case. I never said you don't start wars with faking. I said you don't fake wars. If you need it explained you don't fake entire wars and large scale assaults such as this.


False flag operations, are very common to start wars. You put your own men in the enemy territory, have them perform an atrosity or two, and claim it on the enemy. HIs intentions henseforth look "evil" and "without purpose".
edit on 26-8-2011 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)




posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by USAisdevil
reply to post by cripmeister
 


the burden of proof is on you ,not me . I am still waiting for proof that al jazeera propaganda vid background is not fake.


Actually the burden of proof is on wcitizen to prove that it's fake. I busted the decorations argument in my post here. I guess you didn't read the whole thread?



posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen
 


The MSM using trickery and lies in their news-reports in order to shape opinion?

SAY IT AIN'T SO!

edit on 26-8-2011 by TXRabbit because: image sizing



posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Lot of russian times as source.

I wonder why people accept the concept that the west is using propaganda readily without consideration that others may be also using propaganda.

Call me foolish, but I would think trying to fake an entire raid of a country would be exposed quite easily within a fairly quick amount of time...anyone crossing the border with a camera would be able to debunk whatever bunk there is fairly quickly...yet we have some issues with a tree missing (because the libyans have never heard of a chainsaw before) and some lighting issues possibly not showing some trim...

the BBC screw up is admittedly interesting, I wonder if they eventually caught that and said they were feeding the wrong stuff in, or if its still a mystery.

I am not saying this is not a big hoax, but I am not convinced based on the ops....enough to ask some questions and ultimately desire some independent reporting to be done...But, I am suspecting that the whole war of propaganda between the russians and the west may not be as over as I previously suspected.



posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1
 


Yes but I'm talking in context. Obviously if we had minded our own business the last century we wouldn't be dealing with such stupidity, but we didn't. Now we have the responsibility of at least cleaning up the mess we made. When the Europeans decided to finally grow a conscious, they cut and ran from Africa, resulting in the largest scale of death and destruction and decay towards barbarianism that modern man has ever seen, affecting over a billion people and an entire continent. Do we really want that blood on our hands if we do the same to the middle east?



posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit
 


Can you prove those two men were the same people? Can you prove that that picture is right at that time? I suspect you can prove the 2nd, but not the 1st.
edit on 26-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by sonnny1
 


Yes but I'm talking in context. Obviously if we had minded our own business the last century we wouldn't be dealing with such stupidity, but we didn't. Now we have the responsibility of at least cleaning up the mess we made. When the Europeans decided to finally grow a conscious, they cut and ran from Africa, resulting in the largest scale of death and destruction and decay towards barbarianism that modern man has ever seen, affecting over a billion people and an entire continent. Do we really want that blood on our hands if we do the same to the middle east?


How about cleaning up our mess here first,instead of policing the world? Just look at the OP's official story. Its obvious that the media is portraying this in a certain light. Its also obvious that the news is fake. Cleaning up the messes? We put Sadam in power! We killed Sadam! Are the Iraqi people free yet? Come on,quit shoveling that nonsense. If you even support Dr. Paul,you would know its wrong to POLICE the world. The MSM is BS,and people are waking up to it.



posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister
 


you have not . and your sources are al jazeera , which is biased . please provide alternative non biased sources

secondly look at the entrance below the flag and above the flag , above the flag its night and below the flag its evening ....




cripmeister start providing authentic unbiased proof . I am still waiting for proof.



posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Nice debunking. Cheers.

So...nonsense put to rest then? (doubt it)

Decided to yank this back here for reference.

Originally posted by cripmeister

Originally posted by wcitizen

Because there wasn't a link to ONE thing which YOU wanted to see, you say the WHOLE THING was' very badly researched'. I'm not even going to bother pointing out the fallacy in that logic. You've done nothing but moan on this thread anyway.


Good research presents all of the evidence not just the evidence that supports the researchers own beliefs.


I didn't reply to your request because I really took exception to the tone and attitude with which you addressed me..


Here are my posts



That's some pretty weak evidence for such a bold claim. The apparent lack of decorations on the wall might be due to compression artifacts. Any chance you could provide a link to the Al Jazeera clip in question so I can judge for myself? I found this but it doesn't show what we see in the OP. Thanks. Link



Again. Can you provide a link to the Al Jazeera clip in question or not? We can't judge the validity on this claim based on a tiny screen cap. Thanks. Link


I think I was being quite polite. The reason you say you took offense is open to speculation in my opinion.


Nothing you've said proves that the ONE single picture you disagree with is a hoax,


Maybe I should have spoon fed the message but I thought it was apparent. Below is a crop from the collage in your OP where they highlight the supposed lack of decorations in the footage from Al Jazeera (the top photo).



Below is a screen shot I made from the Al Jazeera footage you should have provided but didn't. At 2:27 we see a close up shot of the left arch and the decorations at the top are clearly visible.



Below is another screen shot I took from the same video at 2:33. The shot is zoomed out revealing the small middle arch. Notice how the decorations appear to have vanished. In reality they haven't of course, we simply can't see them because of video compression.



Here is the Al Jazeera video I took the screen shots from.



edit on 26-8-2011 by cripmeister because: removed blank space



posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Lot of russian times as source.

I wonder why people accept the concept that the west is using propaganda readily without consideration that others may be also using propaganda.

Call me foolish, but I would think trying to fake an entire raid of a country would be exposed quite easily within a fairly quick amount of time...anyone crossing the border with a camera would be able to debunk whatever bunk there is fairly quickly...yet we have some issues with a tree missing (because the libyans have never heard of a chainsaw before) and some lighting issues possibly not showing some trim...

the BBC screw up is admittedly interesting, I wonder if they eventually caught that and said they were feeding the wrong stuff in, or if its still a mystery.

I am not saying this is not a big hoax, but I am not convinced based on the ops....enough to ask some questions and ultimately desire some independent reporting to be done...But, I am suspecting that the whole war of propaganda between the russians and the west may not be as over as I previously suspected.


Re RT: I can only speak for myself. I posted a video of John Perkins being interviewed on RT for one reason only - because it was the shortest interview I could find. There are plenty more videos of talks he has given in the US, but they are much longer.



posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by USAisdevil
reply to post by cripmeister
 


you have not . and your sources are al jazeera , which is biased . please provide alternative non biased sources






secondly look at the entrance below the flag and above the flag , above the flag its night and below the flag its evening ....




cripmeister start providing authentic unbiased proof . I am still waiting for proof.


Perhaps they use street lights in Libya? But it does look like a matte painting they use on film sets doesn't it



edit on 26-8-2011 by cripmeister because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1
 


We can do both, cleaning up here and there. We just have to cut the red tape. Everything you just listed is a result of stupid policy last century. Like I said. That's our fault. We have a responsibility to clean up our mess. Both here and there. And Yes, Iraq is better off. It's not a war zone anymore. It's not a place for dictators anymore. It's well on its way to becoming something. And I take pride in saying the US made it possible. If you think that's propaganda, go ahead. Spit on the thousands of dead Americans, million dead Iraqis, and the hopes and dreams of many more.

It is not obvious this is fake. It is not obvious they are painting this in a certain light. It's a war zone You can't paint a war zone any color. It's war. it's bloody, crappy, and not a fun time.
edit on 26-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by TXRabbit
 


Can you prove those two men were the same people? Can you prove that that picture is right at that time? I suspect you can prove the 2nd, but not the 1st.
edit on 26-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)


yes

I found that picture on the internet so it must be true



posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit
 


Well there ya go.

First indication that it's probably not true is the MS paint bad cropping and circling.



posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister
 


again look at the photo in the entrance theres a tower and the background behind that tower is evening , while above entrance night

its a massive red flag ..



posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister
 


Looks like a POV illusion
On the original pics (ops) you see the daytime photo of that big arch down on street view and beyond it is some very large buildings in the distance...this new grainy view is from a higher elevation.
I would suggest that what is being shown is not some skyline, but rather just some gray buildings in the distance being lit up by something (streetlight as you suggested).

I would quite like to find the actual video of this. I think people are becoming quite confused about lighting the more I study these photos...then again, I have no agenda one way or the other, so I am not trying to see or not see anything.



posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by USAisdevil
reply to post by cripmeister
 


again look at the photo in the entrance theres a tower and the background behind that tower is evening , while above entrance night

its a massive red flag ..


underneath is a building in the distance you are seeing, not a lighter sky.



posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by TXRabbit
 


Can you prove those two men were the same people? Can you prove that that picture is right at that time? I suspect you can prove the 2nd, but not the 1st.
edit on 26-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)


yes

I found that picture on the internet so it must be true


Case closed. the internets solves everything.



posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen
 


Great Post Wcitizen.

It just goes to show the true strength of the MSM propoganda machine. It feels like we live in an entirely manufactured bubble of reality. If the sheeple dont like it they they simply change the channel or pick up the latest copy of OK magazine and contiue on in blissfull ignorance, they dont want to believe whats going on right under their noses.

keep up the good work wcitizen S & F



posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

I would quite like to find the actual video of this. I think people are becoming quite confused about lighting the more I study these photos...


We have this one but it's only in 360p. They used film set type lighting in Green Square that night and that's probably why people say it looks fake.



new topics

top topics



 
275
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

log in

join