It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Busted!! fake news on libya- movie sets, fake videos and pics, death threats to journalists

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Yes. It's the CIA. Sorry, I don't blame children for the sins of their fathers.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
lolol I just had this image of CIA AGENTS in Girl Scout Uniforms on a ''Secret Assignment''.
That was good!

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by sonnny1

What's to say they continued lying after found out?

It's sort of a logical fallacy to assue an organization that did harm one generation should be assumed to still be doing it the next generation.

Its the CIA ,Gorman,not a bunch of Girl Scouts selling new and improved fat free cookies.....Gosh,I have to stop before a mod bans me..Have fun living in the delusion........Peace.

edit on 26-8-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by awareness10
lolol I just had this image of CIA AGENTS in Girl Scout Uniforms on a ''Secret Assignment''.

reply to post by sonnny1

It's sort of a logical fallacy to assue an organization that did harm one generation should be assumed to still be doing it the next generation.

Its the CIA ,Gorman,not a bunch of Girl Scouts selling new and improved fat free cookies.....Gosh,I have to stop before a mod bans me..Have fun living in the delusion........Peace.

I shouldnt say this,but maybe Gormans a troop leader???

Deny Ignorance..............

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Or maybe I don't blame the child for the sins of the father. You are, after all.
edit on 26-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
rofl, well if he is I WANT MY COOKIES!!! I mean my Damn Cookies
unlaced of course...

Originally posted by awareness10

reply to post by sonnny1

I shouldnt say this,but maybe Gormans a troop leader???

Deny Ignorance..............

edit on 26-8-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

All good Gorman,my eyes are open.......Good luck convincing people,other then Fox News,that "other" News organizations dont mislead people.
Good luck convincing people that the CIA is "new and improved" also.

edit on 26-8-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Nice contribution
However it's not enough to convince the die hard believers in this thread. I tried earlier and failed
As far as I've been able to trace the story it's from a russian blogger on Live Journal. Her blog is steeped in questionable information, I can't make heads or tails of most of to be honest.
edit on 26-8-2011 by cripmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

It's okay, Mr/Ms Gorman, isn't a bad person, I can tell and those are just my instincts talking anyway. He/She just never moved past a certain period in time/history and he/she is stuck there. I kind of like them, but I just feel repugnance and seriously despise their views, yet they are being honest. Do I make any sense here or just babbling

Anyway, I understand your frustration, but I've gotten myself into trouble here too and have had many posts removed. Just remember, we all have our opinions and maybe if we listen to each other no matter how silly they sound
we may all learn something that could help everyone.

You guys are great....thank you

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

No. I don't think the CIA is new and improved. I think that the leadership changes every year.

Beacuase, you know, people get old...and die.

I don't really see what's so hard to get. What you're saying is like saying every president since Nixon favored keeping abortion legal because it gets rid of "mixed" children, because Nixon thought so. No, this is not true. Nixon got replaced. The next person has no reason to follow the same rules and ideology.

But yet, people like yourself believe that organizations should be judged entirely by one person, by one leader, probably one whose dead.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

I agree their are some big questions,and am now open to think this is a hoax. I still believe the media though,is pushing its,and other government agendas.Thats already been proven Fact. Kudos to you though.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

Good find, I think we all remember at the start of the US and NATO involvement in Libya how negatively Russia viewed that. They have plenty of motivation for wanting to discredit the Libyan rebels and their perceived alliance with the US.

I spent so much time in photoshop making my images in my post that I missed out on the bulk of this thread, I see from pages 4 and 5 in this topic that it was fairly well debunked. Not saying that the MSM would never stoop to faking footage, but this is clearly not the case here. If anything, it make's Al-Jezeera's coverage look more legit, and I'm finding more video of the square that shows rebels and/or celebrants in the square by daylight that clearly is not faked.

I hope an admin or mod will consider putting this thread in the HOAX bin, otherwise it will continue to serve it's purpose of spreading misinformation. Damn Ruskies...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

My mentality is that of the 40s I suppse. Or perhaps the 1890s even. I don't exactly even agree with most of what I'm saying. It can be reduced down to "popa f'd up, so in order to preven sonny boy from getting the problems, I have to be responsible and clean up the mess". Sometimes that can get messy. But before we become isolationist traders like we once were long ago, we must first leave the things we took in better or equal condition to the way we left them.

After reading long lost 1750 reports of evidence for Native Americans being more civilized long before Europeans, I am fairly convinced that the torch of civilization ahs been held by many, and I don' see a problem of giving it to others.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I agree he's not a bad person at all, he's just misinformed. And his right to speak his mind
just like all of us is what makes ATS Great. And you totally make sense, thanks for the
input too, but i will say it is fun to laugh once in a while too, everyone needs to once in a
while because at the end of the day, we're all in the same boat being affected by the same
rotten gov't trying to destroy our freedoms.

Originally posted by ThePublicEnemyNo1
reply to post by sonnny1

It's okay, Mr/Ms Gorman, isn't a bad person, I can tell and those are just my instincts talking anyway. He/She just never moved past a certain period in time/history and he/she is stuck there. I kind of like them, but I just feel repugnance and seriously despise their views, yet they are being honest. Do I make any sense here or just babbling

Anyway, I understand your frustration, but I've gotten myself into trouble here too and have had many posts removed. Just remember, we all have our opinions and maybe if we listen to each other no matter how silly they sound
we may all learn something that could help everyone.

You guys are great....thank you

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by awareness10

Well, you kind of are making fun of me. I just don't care.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Gorman,before you go down that road,do yourself a favor and use the internet,the library,and get your facts straight on all the past and current nefarious things the CIA has done,and has allegedly done.I have said my peace with you,have a good night.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

I hope an admin or mod will consider putting this thread in the HOAX bin, otherwise it will continue to serve it's purpose of spreading misinformation. Damn Ruskies...

This thread actually was in the [HOAX!]-bin for a while but it was resurrected

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I'm not making fun of you in a personal way, you can make fun of me if you like,
i just think that sometimes, all of this is ridiculous. None of this makes any sense
the entire world is out of control by crazy people trying to make us agree with their
crazy nonsensical solutions like, war means peace. It's just not going to happen,
people are fed up.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I will tell you the truth, I have not. But I do hate the 60s government mentality, and I do think that that generation of mind is dieng, and has been fairly replaced. I actually do trust Obama. He proved himself compitent by not putting US forces on the ground, even though so many wanted to. He's got my vote if the Republicans pick Perry or Bachmann.

I just don't see any reason to judge a group by their ancestors. Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves. That doesn't mean the Republican Party doesn't have racists today.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Well to be honest I don't expect the World Union to honestly be all that different than things are now. I imagine it would cause militaries to be unionized and essentially the situation of the Roman Empire circa Post Diocletian, where in the entire empire was assumed control of varius unionized military colgomerates.

I actually like this idea, because it means politicans and the rich loose war making abilities, and only generals get to say a war is ok. Natural selection demands a general care for his troops or he be removed by his men.

As to Karma, like I said, karma hasn't done much of anything in the world. Tibet was a very nice country, now it's under communistic Chinese rule. I'm fairly sure that any number of those nice fellows in the bonus army were nice fellows, but they still got erased from existence an nobody had anything else done. I'm even sure Patton was a pretty nice and fair man, besides the occasional swear. He made the Germans march to the camps they pretended didn't exist and see the bodies to punish them. He died in a car crash soon after.

As for do unto others, I certainly believe it. It's why I will never act violently unless I first give the oppositio the opertunity to make peace. It's always fair. In pety schoolroom violence, when dealing with gangs of students who picked on others, I usually would turn them on themselves and rescue my classmates from violence. I was nice, because I would want someone to do that to me. But, should a foe continue in his assailment without reason, and be bad, he must be put down. It's also why I cannot honestly blame the bombers of 9/11 for what they did. I can disdain and desire the destruction of the organizers. But we did have a God-awful middle east forien policy in the 20th century.
edit on 26-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: le spelling

Most of that makes sense, but I'm just not down with War...Period! It's horrible, insane, proves nothing, enhances nothing, expensive, illogical, barbaric, pointless, negative...I could fill up about five more pages with words of disdain..but I think you get my point. I can certainly agree with one defending itself, family and property.

I had a real insider on Wars, my father who was in Vietnam from 1960-1963. He was what the Army called an Advisor. They were actually, what would become the Green Berets. I won't get into to any of what he told me, but after he did, I cried and everytime I think about what he told me the reasons were, I cry some more. Not to mention those men including my father, were dumped with agents white, pink, blue and orange. Look up Operation Ranch Hand. How can you as a human be okay with that? I really don't understand the logic or lack thereof.

War is ugly and just unecessary.

Again, thank you

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by awareness10

There's a little truth to every lie and a little lie to every truth sometimes. In this case, it is truth with some lie, not a lie with some truth.

Freedom is slavery? I disagree. ignorance is strength? I also disagree. But after reading so much of Jefferson, I'm not so sure about war is peace. An unending war on corruption does, by default, create peace. It's an ongoig theory I've had about a cannibalistic government that eats ad hunts its own power.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join