It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UFO phenomenon is now undeniable in my opinion.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawkwind.

It seems as though i am not the only one then!

It must be incredibly frustrating for an advanced race of extraterrestrials to travel many light years to visit planet earth only to be recognised as a chinese lantern. No wonder they dont bother communicating with us, they probably assume that if we cant differentiate between the two, its not worth bothering with us.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
maybe i don't understand...but it sounds to me that scientists have finally confirmed that there are many unidentified flying objects, including, but not limited to, helicopters, undisclosed military craft, privately owned experimental craft, chinese lanterns and satellites. all which just so happened to be filmed at night with no reference points to determine size or speed.

but no it couldn't possibly be anything like that...it has to be a ufo from some super benevolent pot smoking tree hugging aliens that get stoned and screw with the human race by destroying somebody's crops with completely indescipherable symbols, and then standing back and laughing their little grey asses off.

i know if i had a interstellar craft, that's EXACTLY what me and my friends would be doing...lmao

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessdalen...its unexplainable like stonehenge or teh pyramids...

The construction of Stonehenge and the Pyramids are NOT unexplainable using human-only methods, but that's besides the point of this thread.

If aliens (for example) helped the Egyptians build the Pyramids, then why do we have over 1000 years of examples of attempted pyramid construction that slowly and progressively lead up to the construction methods used in the Great Pyramid?

I mean, we can see the 1000 year progression of pyramid construction. If aliens (for example) helped, then why do we see this very long and drawn-out progression of pyramid construction methods? It's not like the Egyptian's had no experience in building smaller pyramids then suddenly built the Great Pyramid -- it took them over 1000 years of prior pyramid-building to perfect their craft.

...and I apologize for getting off topic, but I see the idea that some people have that "aliens built the Pyramids" to be very similar to the idea that "unidentified lights doing unexplainable things are probably alien". Both ideas seem to jump to the "alien explanation" to explain something that seemingly cannot easily be explained -- and I see that jump to be quite the leap of logic without any good evidence to back it up.

I'm not saying the you, hessdalen, are saying that those unidentified lights MUST be alien, but it seems (to me, at least) that you are angling toward that idea.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

It always was an undeniable phenomena, the question is whether or not these UFO's are of extraterrestrial nature, or are even manned, which personally, I find highly improbable, due to certain known scientific phenomena such as G force caused by rapid acceleration and friction etc.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

absolutly not - its just beyond our physics..."nothing" more...its like psychology...a lot of things are known that they work but there is no direct proof: the scanning technology solved some mysteries and opend new ones...same with physic but with psysics there is the problem that you MUST find an answere that fits in the current theories...psychology was "changed" in the basic understanding a few times and is again right know...

but i like to add that in MY!! point of view there must be something behind that because it does things that cannot be explained just by something without intelligence BUT Synchronicity is also well possible...waybe we have a new physical phenomena AND a "ufo" spot...but so far the light phenomena cannot be explained in our rules of physics...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure the OP said in his/her title, that it was undeniable in his/her opinion?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by Hessdalen...its unexplainable like stonehenge or teh pyramids...

The construction of Stonehenge and the Pyramids are NOT unexplainable using human-only methods, but that's besides the point of this thread.

If aliens (for example) helped the Egyptians build the Pyramids, then why do we have over 1000 years of examples of attempted pyramid construction that slowly and progressively lead up to the construction methods used in the Great Pyramid?

I mean, we can see the 1000 year progression of pyramid construction. If aliens (for example) helped, then why do we see this very long and drawn-out progression of pyramid construction methods? It's not like the Egyptian's had no experience in building smaller pyramids then suddenly built the Great Pyramid -- it took them over 1000 years of prior pyramid-building to perfect their craft.

...and I apologize for getting off topic, but I see the idea that some people have that "aliens built the Pyramids" to be very similar to the idea that "unidentified lights doing unexplainable things are probably alien". Both ideas seem to jump to the "alien explanation" to explain something that seemingly cannot easily be explained -- and I see that jump to be quite the leap of logic without any good evidence to back it up.

I'm not saying the you, hessdalen, are saying that those unidentified lights MUST be alien, but it seems (to me, at least) that you are angling toward that idea.

i'm not attacking you...i see your point...but i'd like to add to it. first of all, the first paragraph exposes the whole logic to be the hogwash that it is. so these aliens come to earth in past right, and what do they do? they don't teach the egyptians how to make iPhones. don't teach them how to make TVs. they don't teach them how to make PlayStations or XBoxes. they don't even teach them how to toast bread. what they teach them, if the logic is to be beleived, is how to move really big rocks. well hell's bells i'm glad the aliens went out of their way to show some sorry ass egyptians how move really big rocks. thanks a whole lot for that. a sensible person might even think, "well, why didn't the super smart technologically advanced aliens teach them how to make a shower so they could wash all that nasty sand off themselves??? or even better yet...why don't they just build them a sand free city???" but i digress.

then, as if to add insult to injury, these super smart aliens somehow forgot how to speak arabic in the interveining 2000 years, and have to resort to actually destroying crops, a principal form of human nurishment, with totally incomprehensible circles, open to all manner of interpretation.

now maybe i'm not the smartest cookie here at ATS, but it would seem to me that if i followed the logic, and earth was somehow so important to a galaxy so vast and old as to be without age, maybe i'd just go down there and hold a press conference. just sayin. i mean...that is earth. that is the most important thing in the galaxy...i'm thinking to myself if they are so important and i am so interested in how much time they spend in church, maybe i'd learn the language and just go down there and tell them what the deal is.

unless, of course, me and my stoner friends have an interplanetary craft. well then i just goes without saying that we'd go down there and make all kinds of crazy crop circles, and then sit back and laugh. hell...that's actually sounds like fun. lmao
edit on 22-8-2011 by lkpuede because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by lkpuede

then, as if to add insult to injury, these super smart aliens somehow forget how to speak arabic in the interveining 2000 years, and have to resort to actually destroying crops, a principal form of human nurishment, with totally incomprehensible circles, open to all manner of interpretation.

First they came for the communists, rocks
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist, rock

Then they came for the trade unionists, crops
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist, crop

Then they came for the jews,, nukes
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a jew, nuke

Then they came for me
and there was no one nothing left to speak out for me.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusLives

Or more accurately, proof of flying objects, that on occasion land and then take off again, that no-one can identify.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by lkpuede

then, as if to add insult to injury, these super smart aliens somehow forget how to speak arabic in the interveining 2000 years, and have to resort to actually destroying crops, a principal form of human nurishment, with totally incomprehensible circles, open to all manner of interpretation.

First they came for the communists, rocks
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist, rock

Then they came for the trade unionists, crops
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist, crop

Then they came for the jews,, nukes
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a jew, nuke

Then they came for me
and there was no one nothing left to speak out for me.

lmao...but your post raises a very, VERY important point. them damn super technologically advanced races of aliens didn't even teach them over worked slaves how to unionize! now you would think any super advanced benevolent alien might say something along the lines of...."hey buddy...let me show you how to unionize so you can get better wages." "let me show you how to protest your horrible work conditions." "let me show you how to make sure you get a whole hour for lunch instead of 10 minutes." I'm starting to think we'd be alot better off without aliens.

but the stoner aliens sure do seem like alot of fun...
edit on 22-8-2011 by lkpuede because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

You are not aware that there are many other religions which also appear to claim the same?

At this point in time it appears from my seat that most alien believers are doing nothing different than practicing a remarkably similar belief which is identical to a new religion.

I guess we could get into the discussion that there is as much proof of any religious edict as what appears to be rampant in the ET phenomena

Faith that there are aliens are just swapping one god for another.

Perhaps you could explain to me how it is different?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The scientific community will never be satisfied unless they're holding physical evidence in their hand.

I always said their has been physical evidence in the form of chemical residue, radiation, molten metal, and altered physical properties of plants and soil that have been analyzed. Unfortunately, unless the physical evidence isn't accompanied by a dead alien or crashed disc, they will continue to deny the existence of the extraterrestrial presence.

Lights in the sky could be anything, so of course they won't commit themselves to saying it's proof. Photos and videos can be altered so even that's up for questioning.

I guess we'll all have to wait for the day that they make their physical presence known. Than and only than, will we have undeniable proof of their existence.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessdalen

You dont understand obviously. you cant see a laser from the side unless it picks up dust or other particulates and reflects off of them. A laser is a FOCUSED beam.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

I don't know, but I'm pretty sure, that earlier today this thread said:

The UFO phenomenon is now undeniable. Scientifically proven

I think a Mod maybe changed the title?
ETA Yep, it deffo said that earlier and has been changed, the old heading is still on the Farcebook ATS page

edit on 22-8-2011 by CherryV because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
The scientific community will never be satisfied unless they're holding physical evidence in their hand.

I always said their has been physical evidence in the form of chemical residue, radiation, molten metal, and altered physical properties of plants and soil that have been analyzed. Unfortunately, unless the physical evidence isn't accompanied by a dead alien or crashed disc, they will continue to deny the existence of the extraterrestrial presence.

Lights in the sky could be anything, so of course they won't commit themselves to saying it's proof. Photos and videos can be altered so even that's up for questioning.

I guess we'll all have to wait for the day that they make their physical presence known. Than and only than, will we have undeniable proof of their existence.

But ET's arent the only explanation and so the most simple one will often win.

besides, proof is PROOF. a chemical residue is not Undenyable, 100% certain proof that ET's came to our planet in craft and hovered around.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherryV
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

I don't know, but I'm pretty sure, that earlier today this thread said:

The UFO phenomenon is now undeniable. Scientifically proven

I think a Mod maybe changed the title?

It did indeed

"edit on 8-22-2011 by Springer because: Edited title to more accurately reflect content"

Now shows in the OP

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MCL1150

One day this UFO phenomena will be consider one of Man's darkest moments... For the Powers- to-be, holding back this wonderful truth from the world.. Think of all the folks who passed away since the UFO era began who never got the confirmation they were looking for..

Wrong, it will be considered one of Man's darkest hours because our progeny will wonder why we wasted so much time on something with no conclusive proof. They will be disappointed that you spent your time chasing little dots of light.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

umm...i do beleive that is what science is about. proveable, repeatable results. maybe i'm wrong.

your second paragraph further exposes the fallacy in this whole argument. example: super advanced race sends ship to earth for research purposes. super advanced ship crashes. super advanced races says "oh well." really? try that with the United States. Let a United States ship crash anyhwere in the world, and the United States will be there so damn fast to recover it's bodies and equipment, so fast in fact that the Recovery Team will be back before the news even leaks. however...the logic says that the super advanced benelvolent aliens just leaves the bodies and equipment on the primative planet. really? and you beleive this trash??? common damn sense says that if a race sent advanced technology to a primative planet and it crashed? there would be a Recovery Team there within hours to recover it's property. and since this is a "primative" planet, there isn't a force on this planet that can stop a Recovery Force. am i wrong?

and obviously, since we can assume these aren't Borg worlds, the crew of these craft have friends, family, careers, ect. maybe i'm wrong. Maybe they are Borg worlds...in which case we, at lease Americans, would want nothing to do with them and might possibly try to wage war with them to free their people.

just an observation...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

If its one of the most active spots on our Planet then where's todays Hi Def footage that nails the whole thing?

All we have is old , bad quality garbage that doesn't prove anything.

Lets be honest, every man and his dog has the ability to record in good quality these days, yet where are the hard hitting UFO cases right now????

mmmm........

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join