It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UFO phenomenon is now undeniable in my opinion.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaiuk

unless it picks up dust or other particulates and reflects off of them
case closed...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31
You want to prove the existence of aliens?
(1) Show me an alive alien which I can use all of my sense to interact with.
(2) Show me a dead alien corpse which I can use all of my sense to interact with.
(3) Show me an alien craft up close, which I can use all of my sense to interact with.
(4) Put your proof on 'live' television for the world.
(5) Invite world known scientists and the public down to interact with the craft or alien.

Until I see something in which 'everyone' can interact with (touch, smell, see, and hear all at once), I will always consider alien visitation and phenomenon as a myth.

Nothing will change my approach.

Even if any of those things did happen you could always later rationalize it as some kind of hallucination.

Even if multiple people saw it I guess it could still be some kind of mass unexplained hallucination....

You could always rationalize evidence or any experience to fit your preconceived notions.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
we could take a semi truck load of evedance back it up and dump it on your heads . You still ignore it . Yup yyup.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
reply to post by libertytoall

If its one of the most active spots on our Planet then where's todays Hi Def footage that nails the whole thing?

All we have is old , bad quality garbage that doesn't prove anything.

Lets be honest, every man and his dog has the ability to record in good quality these days, yet where are the hard hitting UFO cases right now????

mmmm........

exactly. however, we are dealing in a topic that (perhaps) has so little hard evidence. Drake's Equation is actually wrong because it doesn't quantify two seriously important topics. the first being: a government has found and/or has made diplomatic contact with an off world civilization, but has chosen, for whatever reason, to keep this information quiet. the second being: is it even possible for one planet to see/recognize/understand the engineering/urban planning/building structure of an "alien" world. until these two things are quantified into the Equation, it will continue to be wrong. however, lets extrapolate that they are a part of the Equation. i assume, without any hard proof, the outcome is "zero", or perhaps "1". now...lets just assume all the planets in the Solar System are in fact populated with indiginous races. We, having only lived on this planet, perhaps cannot recognize urban planning/industrial planning of another world. this is a serious topic for certain arms of science.

however, this is where nut jobs get to come into the topic and project their fears/hopelessness/boredom onto the topic. they can say anything they want, and since it is unproveable by the vast majority of humanity...no one can disprove it.

point being? the only way we can get to the bottom of the topic is by using common sense. now...it makes no sense that a super advanced race would even be slightly concerned with earth, and perhaps cannot even see it as a populated planet. perhaps because of whatever religions/myths/beleifs that are indiginous to their cultures, a planet like earth cannot, and must not, ever exist. take earth for example. a popular myth is that humanity is created in their God's image. Therefore, there can be no other civilized planets, and if they do exist, they must be inferior to earth. and since, at least on earth, it is religion that drives science, such a thing cannot and must not ever, EVER exist.

but this is too much like work-a-day common sense. it's so much more interesting to say Harry Potter and his friends are looking out for earth. this is, upon very close examination, an extension to the earth myth of humanity being created in their God's image...and by extrapolation, that God is looking out for his children. the whole of the UFO/2012/The World Is Gonna End Tommorrow theory is nothing more than an extension of this beleif. always has been....always will be. this is truly, but TRULY sad. rather entertaining, but sad.

bottom line? you have to make up your own mind on the topic. but beware: any story that starts out with how great you are is likely to be wrong.

edit on 22-8-2011 by lkpuede because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2011 by lkpuede because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by lkpuede
now...it makes no sense that a super advanced race would even be slightly concerned with earth

Maybe the aliens are on a school trip or visting the zoo? (earth)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The Norwegian video evidence is only showing us the phenomenon called "Ball Lightnings". These orbs of electric energy are very common and nothing to be afraid of. Certainly not aliens attacking the Earth.
Ball lightnings come into existence during a time of relative electromagnetic decompression. Or during states of relatively high energy as occures during volcanic eruptions. Interestingly Norway is geologically full of extinct volcanic areas. It is like as when bubbles develop in a bottle of lemonade when you remove the cap. The ball lightnings fly off in the direction of the relative electronic decompression. The ball lightnings are negatively charged flying off in the direction of that which is relatively positively charged. All such states of charge are vibrational in nature and are relative to the field of reference adopted by the observer. For this reason it can be the case that a ball lightning can be invisible to one person, but visible to another person. This is because each individual has their own unique vibrational frequency. Although most people are Beta Frequency never the less there are others who are Alpha Frequency or even Theta or Gamma Frequency. It is interesting that these ball lightnings are often associated with manifestations of ghosts and spirits where upon they are refered to as being "Orbs". To understand my comprehension I advise that you read the following book.

THE HOLOGRAPHIC UNIVERSE by Michael Talbot.

If you take the time to look directly above your head for as long as it takes, you will notice that the air around you is full of such little ball lightnings buzzing about like little insects. You will see them buzzing into and out of the clouds in the sky. You only see them if you take the time to actually look for them. Most people never look for them therefore they do not see them. Your consciousness is programmed to simply ignor them. So therefore do not expect to see them immediately. When you do eventually develop the ability to see them, do not fall into the trap of glorifying them as gods. They are nothing more than balls of electrical charge floating around in the air.

AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS
edit on 22/8/2011 by CAELENIUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Look. The best evidence will no longer be enough. Pictures and video will not be enough. Billy Mieres took a semi truck load of proof and dumped it on your heads . Was not enough. you will never believe that which you do not want to believe. I liken this to the Indians who could not even see the ships that were off the coast. They had no mental reference point to relate it to so they could not see them.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
we could take a semi truck load of evedance back it up and dump it on your heads . You still ignore it . Yup yyup.

It wouldn't be the quantity of evidence that makes me take notice, but the quality of that evidence.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Would seem that would go without saying

As far a BM personally I see more than one hoaxed piece from him and have found in my own research if there is one bit of hoaxed or forced evidence the entire situation is worthless.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by smallcheese

As far a BM personally I see more than one hoaxed piece from him and have found in my own research if there is one bit of hoaxed or forced evidence the entire situation is worthless.

If it was from him I would agree. was not however.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Don't you know?

I saw a UFO a week ago..
-You're lying!!!!

Photograph's or it didn't happen.
-The photo's fake! It's been photoshopped. get another one, better still...a vid. Yeah go get a video...

-The video's CGI!!!!!
-No, its a Chinese Lantern you fool
-Don't be stupid, its swamp gas

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Not just Billy Meier's stuff, but a given quantity of evidence in general.

You say "that would go without saying", yet invariable someone every so often tries to use this bit of logic when arguing about alien visitation:

"Thousands of people say they've seen UFOs. Due to that large number of sightings, the odds are that surely ONE of those sightings is a real alien craft, and it only takes one"

I'm only contending that it is a logical fallacy to say that the larger the quantity of sightings, the more likely one of those sightings is a real alien craft. We know that many sightings are mis-identifications. A larger number of sightings does not automatically increase the odds that one is a real alien.

edit on 8/22/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
You'd think that with all the resources Norway is putting into researching this phenom, that they would be able to afford at least 1 professional videographer. The 1 video they were all excited about was the usual shaky UFO video. Those scientists should all take a photo/video-grapher class or something.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisper

now...it makes no sense that a super advanced race would even be slightly concerned with earth

Maybe the aliens are on a school trip or visting the zoo? (earth)

interesting, but not likely. the likely conclusion, since we are not animals (we are by far closer to being some type of machine than being an animal), we are a topic of research. take my prior comments on our place in the Planetary. we are likely a topic of study. now...if we assume that a government has established relations with another civilization but for whatever reason (that is a two way street by the way...perhaps the other civilization wishes to keep it's existance quiet), then some of those "UFOs" would be nothing more than a disinformation tactic. the other whatever percentage would be research ships disinterested in having their observations known. remember...it has been scientifically proven that observation changes the outcome.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Thats a Stanton Freeman point and I say its valid IMO .

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

interesting, but not likely. the likely conclusion, since we are not animals (we are by far closer to being some type of machine than being an animal), we are a topic of research...

Hmmm. I don't agree with this at all. We are MUCH MUCH closer to animals than machines. Humans are simply one of the animals living on Earth. More intelligent, maybe, but animals nevertheless.

How do you figure humans are more like machines than animals?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

reply to post by anumohi

You are not aware that there are many other religions which also appear to claim the same?

At this point in time it appears from my seat that most alien believers are doing nothing different than practicing a remarkably similar belief which is identical to a new religion.

I guess we could get into the discussion that there is as much proof of any religious edict as what appears to be rampant in the ET phenomena

Faith that there are aliens are just swapping one god for another.

Perhaps you could explain to me how it is different?

millions of people throughout history have seen and documented seeing UFOs and even claims have been made, including by people i personally know, that have been visited by ET, where as all through history by only just a few claimed to have actually witnessed or spoke to their deity. overwhelming evidence suggests that ET is more factually believable than a several thousand year old perpetuated myth....that's the difference....Seriously

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaiuk

Originally posted by MCL1150
reply to post by libertytoall

One day this UFO phenomena will be consider one of Man's darkest moments... For the Powers- to-be, holding back this wonderful truth from the world.. Think of all the folks who passed away since the UFO era began who never got the confirmation they were looking for..

Wrong, it will be considered one of Man's darkest hours because our progeny will wonder why we wasted so much time on something with no conclusive proof. They will be disappointed that you spent your time chasing little dots of light.

Hmmmm sounds reminiscent of religion...HUH???

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

interesting, but not likely. the likely conclusion, since we are not animals (we are by far closer to being some type of machine than being an animal), we are a topic of research...

Hmmm. I don't agree with this at all. We are MUCH MUCH closer to animals than machines. Humans are simply one of the animals living on Earth. More intelligent, maybe, but animals nevertheless.

How do you figure humans are more like machines than animals?

a "human", from a particular point of view, can be show to be nothing more than a machine. it is in possession of all the systems necessary for a machine to function. it has a circulatory system, while amazingly advanced, is no different than a car. or a truck. it has respiratory system that is no different than a car or a truck. it has a processing system that is no different than even the most rudementary of computers. it has a filtering system. the only 2 differences that is has is that it is self replicating (we call it sex), and it is self repairing. it can even be said the the machine known as human is so advanced that even after millions of years, they still haven't figured out how to repairs themselves (with doctors) without further damaging the machine.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join