It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UFO phenomenon is now undeniable in my opinion.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+68 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

It's real proof positive. You can no longer ever say it's people's imagination.

edit on 8-22-2011 by Springer because: Edited title to more accurately reflect content

+20 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
wow! there are flying objects that no one can identify and now it is scientifically proven! incredible! break out the mad dog 20/20!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

They're probably top secret military stealth aircraft. Maybe some of them...I don't know

edit on 21-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Wow what a claim to make!
Unfortunately, this is far from hard evidence for the scientific community and, by extension, the majority of society.
Cool video, but a smoking gun it is not.

I would love nothing more than full disclosure and public contact, but this is far from it.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I remember watching the whole documentary that this clip was taken from some years ago, Its nothing new at all, this research dates back to the 90's. Its unknown exactly what causes these anomalous lightforms but they have been documented for a while now.

Most probably a vary rare phenomenon called 'earth lights' or maybe 'earhquake lights'

Hessdalen light Possible explanations

In spite of on-going research there is no convincing explanation to the origin of these lights. However, there are numerous working hypotheses.

One explanation attributes the phenomenon to an incompletely understood combustion process in the air involving clouds of dust from the valley floor containing scandium. Some sightings though, have been identified as misperceptions of astronomical bodies, aircraft, car headlights, and mirages.

One recent hypothesis suggests that the lights are formed by a cluster of macroscopic Coulomb crystals in a plasma produced by the ionization of air and dust by Alpha particles during radon decay in the dusty atmosphere. Several physical properties (oscillation, geometric structure, and light spectrum) observed in Hessdalen lights phenomenon can be explained through the dust plasma model. Radon decay produces alpha particles (responsible by helium emissions in HL spectrum) and radioactive elements such as polonium. In 2004, Teodorani showed an occurrence where a higher level of radioactivity on rocks was detected near the area where a large light ball was reported. In fact, when radon is released into air, its solid decay products readily attach to airborne dust.[ A new computer simulation shows that dust immersed in ionized gas (i.e., dusty plasmas) can organize itself into double helixes. The simulations suggested that under conditions commonly found in space, the dust particles first form a cylindrical structure that sometimes evolved into helical structures. Along some spirals, the radius of the helix was seen to change abruptly from one value to another and then back again, providing a mechanism for storing information in terms of the length and radius of a section of a spiral. Hessdalen Lights may take the helical structure. Surprisingly, dusty plasmas may also assume this structure.

Another hypothesis explains HL as a product of piezoelectricity generated under specific rock strains (Takaki and Ikeya, 1998) because many crystal rocks include quartz grains which produce an intense charge density. In recent paper, based in the dusty plasma theory of HL (Paiva and Taft, 2010), it is suggested that piezoelectricity of quartz cannot explain a peculiar property assumed by the HL phenomenon – the presence of geometrical structures in its center.

Source Wiki

Earthquake lights

Earthquake lights are caused by an unknown mechanism. There are numerous theories as to how and why they occur.

One explanation involves intense electric fields created piezoelectrically by tectonic movements of rocks containing quartz.

Another possible explanation is local disruption of the Earth's magnetic field and/or ionosphere in the region of tectonic stress, resulting in the observed glow effects either from ionospheric radiative recombination at lower altitudes and greater atmospheric pressure or as aurora. However, the effect is clearly not pronounced or notably observed at all earthquake events and is yet to be directly experimentally verified.

Earthquake lights are the most recent of technological folk-beliefs which have attempted to explain the Will-o'-the-wisp phenomena. A German psychologist, Dr. G. Schweizer, was the first to conclusively demonstrate that strange moving terrestrial and heavenly lights were due to a subjective phenomenon known as the autokinetic sensation.

Source wiki

Take note that none of the scientists in the video are calling them UFO's just a "phenonenon". I think the video is presenting them out of contex as in the last 20 years theres been nothing to suggest that these are intelligent craft. So while this is very interesting its not the proof of alien life we are all looking for.

They have a website that you can go and check out all the reports , pictures and film Project Hessdalen - Automatic Measurement Station (AMS)

Pictures from 2011
Pictures from 2003
Pictures from 2002
Pictures from 2001
Pictures from 2000
Pictures from 1999
Pictures from 1998

edit on 21-8-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by StripedBandit
Wow what a claim to make!
Unfortunately, this is far from hard evidence for the scientific community and, by extension, the majority of society.
Cool video, but a smoking gun it is not.

I would love nothing more than full disclosure and public contact, but this is far from it.

So just for clarity you are of the mind that people can still imagine all kinds of things?

Me too

How they came up with the peat hole being "laser precision" is pure imagination
edit on 21-8-2011 by smallcheese because: Typos

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Star and flag finally some solid scientific evidence nice find mate

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Hey, here's a theory. Those who are meant to see a 'UFO' are meant to see it. And those who do not were not. If you have never seen one, then don't believe in them. At the same time, you can't tell someone who has that they do not exist.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

You are either extremely naive on what constitutes verified and accepted scientific proof is or you are willfully trying to deceive the ATS community. Benefit of the doubt you choose which one! Also neither is a lie!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Although a bright encompassing Glowing Plasma like aura....is a byproduct of some Gravitic drives. This video could be ANYTHING and to use this as evidence to state proof of E.T. is stupid. Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Always love videos such as these. Yes, the proof is out there.

But- but - BUT

Be it Government Alien or Alien Alien.

That is the question.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
FINALLY science has proven that people occasionally see things in the sky that they cant identify. I was waiting on the edge of my seat for that one

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Explaining UFOs as 'earthquake lights' or 'Hessdalen lights' is merely explaining one unknown with another. There is no established explanation for either type of light, only unverified speculations. I could just as well say that earthquake lights were caused by flying saucers studying the fault system of our planet, particularly around the time of earthquakes. I could speculate that Hessdalen lights were atmospheric luminosity caused by the energy discharges from alien space ships. Not verified, to be sure, but on at least as solid ground as the various, conflicting, mundane explanations, for which there is no real evidence. Ross

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by smallcheese

No I am of the mind that a percentage of sightings are indeed UFO's both terrestrial and ET. But also that people need to be pretty much slapped by an alien life form before believing.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Have seen this before, and do think its a very interesting video and Im not going to begin to try and explain this.
But I would definitly not go as far as saying this is undeniable scientific proof... quite an outlandish claim if you ask me...
edit on 21-8-2011 by homeslice because: should learn to spell

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
i think this phenomena is too consistent to be considered something like "earthquake lights" .. this seems to be something that happens regularly.. it's ironic that I saw this documentary today and then suddenly a post comes up about it..

I honestly can't say what it could be, but it's definitely interesting.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by smallcheese

How they came up with the peat hole being "laser precision" is pure imagination

Heh, heh. It is a tad difficult to work around that piece of datum.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Good! So now it's time to move on to other topics of import. One "rumor" confirmed as scientific fact. Only 9,999 left to go!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by StripedBandit

I'm not entirely sure where you're getting your information from, but the plates and data from the '84 report ( www.hessdalen.org... ) generated a goodly amount of interest in academia. Since then the Hessdalen phenomenon has been looked at by a number of institutions. It's generally accepted by most atmospheric study groups as a genuinely new phenomena. The simple fact that it's resulted in several peer reviewed papers is a testament to this (1, 2, 3, 4, 5). If you'd like to read some of the publications you might want to look at Acta Astronautica 2010, Vol. 67, Issue 11-12, Investigation & analysis of transient luminous phenomena in the low atmosphere of Hessdalen valley, Norway ).

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join