It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UFO phenomenon is now undeniable in my opinion.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by libertytoall

You are either extremely naive on what constitutes verified and accepted scientific proof is or you are willfully trying to deceive the ATS community. Benefit of the doubt you choose which one! Also neither is a lie!

..."you are willfully trying to deceive the ATS community"......

One could only deceive someone who is so gullible that mere words alone would be sufficient proof over cold hard facts. I believe however that the greater majority of ATS readers could / would not be swayed by the title of the post after viewing the video.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by lkpuede
...the whole idea that you are a machine is so repugnant to you that you can't even fathom the thought. so repugnant in fact, you will come up with any reason you can to avoid the truth. you are a machine. you cannot accept it. you will find any and all reasons to explain away the perfectly obvious...

Ummm...I'm pretty sure that in my response I agreed with you in saying that humans are very much machine-like. So I'm not sure where you got the idea that I "can't even fathom the thought" of being compared to a machine.

The only disagreement I had with you is that you said that humans are unlike animals in this way. I say BOTH humans and animals are machine-like. It seemed to be your assertion that somehow humans differ from animals in that respect -- i.e., you seemed to imply that humans are like machines, but animals are not.

i wasn't actually reading everything cause i was cleaning at the time we was sparring. but yes that true, no distinction can be made. so we can say all we see are, from a particular point of view, machines. i don't really see the difference between machine and machine like. computers and cars and bailers can all be said to be human like. so where is the difference?

but then this whole way of thinking about ourselves just takes us down a rabbit hole which answers no philosphical questions. no law of human physics say we cannot be machines. no religious principal says we cannot be machines. and even if we are agree, "ok we are machines. fantasic awsome machines...but machines nonetheless", it does not change at all the fundamental quandries of existance. some have been saying lately that we may even be holograms. my first reaction to that was "so what?" even if we are holograms, it does not change the fundamental questions of existance. doesn't change anything at all, actually. i may be a hologram, i may be a machine, i may be Lara Croft in somebody's game of Tomb Raider. big deal. i'll still enjoy speaking with you and having our little discussions, and i will still love my wife and dogs, right? lol

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

The Greeks invented the original meaning of the word machine, God, the Greeks have such a way with words! anyway our resident alien lkpuede, doesn't really understand the different machinations of the word, 'cos he an alien, and he might be a N and B machine, aka a robot. That's different that what we are as biological machines, and lkpuede has more affinity with the nuts and bolt thingys, so you have to understand his/its point of view don't you?
Of course he's accidently right as saying that we have an affinity to dogs and pussys etc; by reason of them being biological machines too.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaiuk

Originally posted by anumohi

Originally posted by smallcheese
reply to post by anumohi

You are not aware that there are many other religions which also appear to claim the same?

At this point in time it appears from my seat that most alien believers are doing nothing different than practicing a remarkably similar belief which is identical to a new religion.

I guess we could get into the discussion that there is as much proof of any religious edict as what appears to be rampant in the ET phenomena

Faith that there are aliens are just swapping one god for another.

Perhaps you could explain to me how it is different?

millions of people throughout history have seen and documented seeing UFOs and even claims have been made, including by people i personally know, that have been visited by ET, where as all through history by only just a few claimed to have actually witnessed or spoke to their deity. overwhelming evidence suggests that ET is more factually believable than a several thousand year old perpetuated myth....that's the difference....Seriously

If so many "millions" of people have seen UFO's and your friends have met them, why has there never been one on live tv. why have they never landed on the white house lawn? why is there NO demonstrable proof ( realize that eyewitness accounts are not scientific) that ET has EVER visited this planet? Sure, there are theories but everyone has fifteen theories.

Yeah..... Why haven't they landed on the white house lawn?

As if a species from another planet is safe on this hostile earth.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by nottheonlyone

GW has landed on the White House lawn many times, I rest the case.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

OMG don't tell me you are one of those people that believe in reptoids or whatever the hell they are calling them.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessdalen
reply to post by Section31

great post - c&p for my argument collection =)

but i have to do this:

'Unidentified' by 'someone' in the military (globally)? Prove it.

'Unidentified' by 'someone' in the government (globally)? Prove it.

DISCLOSURE PROJECT
besides i wouldnt trust military/gov in this subject at all because like you said - black projects & a bucket full of lies...they will give Never A Straight Answere, only if its in plain sight =)

I agree that this is such a conundrum.

Can anyone on this site name every single military aircraft ever made?

Can anyone name every known and unknown black project, and the specifications related to those vehicles?

When someone says, "I use to hold a very high military position, which required me to know every black project that ever existed", the first thing you say to yourself is, "They are lying." Even though the President of the United States is Commander in Chief, he or she still does not have enough security clearance.

Government disclosure is a joke. Regardless about what has been released, the government will NEVER EVER tell everyone the truth about military craft. As long as they can keep you believing in aliens, the government can work peacefully beneath the public's radar.

I bet there are black projects going on in the private sector, which the government funded without knowing they existed.

Alien Myth = Government's cover story is safe.

(Link:: My original reply for those who are curious.)

edit on 8/22/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
This video could be another +1 for UFOs side but there is only one thing to say 'we have undeniable proof'
GLOBAL DISCLOSURE

Until then. Scientists, Military may be giving out their stories, they will not be taken seriously like all other thousands of videos and stores,. Only if it is broadcasted all over the world like 9/11 will it become globally accepted fact then skeptics can gtfo. But imagine it was a lie, and still they globally announce that they exsit, that is they lie. Would people believe the world news? YES. Because it is globally broadcasted yet it could be a total lie.

You humans can be manipulated so easily.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobra.EXE
debunkers should be banned from ats. when a country
is comning forward and claiming that there are sightings
up to twenty times a week, then you have no way of denying
it

especially when they spend money on a 24hr ufo surveillance
mechanism how would there be any nerve in your brain to deny
it????

What are you, 5?

They are claiming to see LIGHTS IN THE SKY! Of COURSE they must be aliens!

edit on 23-8-2011 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

The Greeks invented the original meaning of the word machine, God, the Greeks have such a way with words! anyway our resident alien lkpuede, doesn't really understand the different machinations of the word, 'cos he an alien, and he might be a N and B machine, aka a robot. That's different that what we are as biological machines, and lkpuede has more affinity with the nuts and bolt thingys, so you have to understand his/its point of view don't you?
Of course he's accidently right as saying that we have an affinity to dogs and pussys etc; by reason of them being biological machines too.

lmao...yea you caught me...just don't tell anyone

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by nottheonlyone

You might not have seen me on the telly, that's scary.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I never thought most accounts were people's imaginations. I think that the majority of people who report sightings are seeing something they generally cannot explain. That doesn't mean it is alien. There are many things that cannot be explained by the average person, because the average person isn't a combination of meteorologist, physicist, experienced in seeing missiles/planes, etc...You would be surprised what atmospheric conditions can do. It would seem almost like magic. That's what people don't seem to understand.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
All this video proves in another phenomenon that can't be explained. Could these be entities from another dimension? Who knows. I personally believe this particular video of the lights is a EARTH made phenomenon. It will be very difficult to prove otherwise.

Now the cutout of the earth with "laser precision" is very strange, and in no way is related to the lights observed by the scientists.
These could of been created by something studying the same phenomenon. The phenomenon may be something that is very unusual on other planets and "ETs" could be studying these. This could explain the different eye-witness accounts of crafts verses the bright lights. Whatever is going on in this town, its great to see there is interest in what they are and it seems hopfull that there something may come from their study and put alot of questions to rest.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
I never thought most accounts were people's imaginations. I think that the majority of people who report sightings are seeing something they generally cannot explain. That doesn't mean it is alien. There are many things that cannot be explained by the average person, because the average person isn't a combination of meteorologist, physicist, experienced in seeing missiles/planes, etc...You would be surprised what atmospheric conditions can do. It would seem almost like magic. That's what people don't seem to understand.

You forget that many sightings are not Mr and Mrs average, in fact it takes in a whole gamut of people, many of who have technical and observational experience.
There are many of the same who take the alternative of not speaking out, and those who are not entitled to speak out, even if they wanted to. Since that is an unknown number it cannot be said 'Most people' or 'Majority people' make up the numbers. In the same way, seeing something as unexplainable does not mean that it is something that is not alien, that is the 'riddle of the sky' and governments? have used that to conceal whatever secret projects in the past and probably now, that does not mean that they are privvy to everything, just what they know about.
edit on 22-8-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by StripedBandit
Wow what a claim to make!
Unfortunately, this is far from hard evidence for the scientific community and, by extension, the majority of society.
Cool video, but a smoking gun it is not.

I would love nothing more than full disclosure and public contact, but this is far from it.

a] There have been a sufficient number of sightings, over the last half decade or so alone, that I think you have to be pretty hard headed to still deny that *something* is going on.

b] Unlike most people, however, I am not going to try and claim that these objects are extraterrestrial craft, because I have no evidence to support that conclusion. Like I said, I think *something* is happening, but I have no idea what that something is. It could well be entirely mundane, natural phenomena for all I know.
edit on 22-8-2011 by petrus4 because: Increased civility

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Any technologically advanced civilization would have to communicate cautiously and in very mysterious ways, as a sort of universal IQ test.

If they wanted to remain undetected, they would do so. Thus, the videos and evidence must be communicating something. But what?

Do you realize that major advancements are being made in several scientific fields by what has been interpreted in the crop circles of England and elsewhere.

Do your homework, 'disclosure' happens every day.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusLives
demons are more complicated then you have been led to believe
It's this line of thinking that got women burned for being "witches". If we are ever visited by extra-terrestrials, will you be the one who steps out and says, "Burn them! They are demons!" ?
edit on 22-8-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
reply to post by yaluk

I think someone needs egimacatered on demons,

en.wikipedia.org...

I suppose they could be UFOs too!

edit on 22-8-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

Lawl Wikipedia

1 Peter 5:8
King James Version (KJV)
8Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Satan, and his minions, want us to worship them and they want to devour us........

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits
Any technologically advanced civilization would have to communicate cautiously and in very mysterious ways, as a sort of universal IQ test.

If they wanted to remain undetected, they would do so. Thus, the videos and evidence must be communicating something. But what?

Do you realize that major advancements are being made in several scientific fields by what has been interpreted in the crop circles of England and elsewhere.

Do your homework, 'disclosure' happens every day.

Please do show evidence that any scientific field has advanced by interpreting crop circles?

That would be a really good thread of it's own

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Just wanted to add something. I've just finished a book about Alien abductions, written by university professors and an absolutely essential book for anyone interested in alien abduction. One thing is for certain: Things are actually a hell of a lot stranger than you think, some may actually find it very disturbing. Some of the things that people reveal are just so strange, I am tempted to go into detail but I dont want to derail the thread, all I wanted to say is that this phenomena is FAR STRANGER than you could ever imagine. Believe me.

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join