It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UFO phenomenon is now undeniable in my opinion.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
reply to post by nottheonlyone

You might not have seen me on the telly, that's scary.

Maybe this is a cultural language barrier - a joke of some kind that I do not understand. That or you are just not making any sense...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

Nice video! Theres is definately SOMETHING going on, will we ever really get the truth who knows!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Good grief... I'm so sick of people dismissing these things as some natural phenomena like earthquake lights or swamp gas... How arogant and dismissive some people are... If you have seen these things yourself then you know it's not something so simple. It's so easy for the debunkers to put people down but come on, do you really think all of these stories are either lies or mistaken identity? Get real and quit disrespecting people. This is exactly what TPTB want... They don't need to do much anymore, we seem to be doing a fine job of dividing and conquering ourselves these days.

Once again the naysaying, wannabe awake trolls have ate up all the lies on their plates and drank their big glass of oh so tasty kool aid. Gold stars for all. Good work carrying out the mission on YOURSELVES. I swear some of the narrow-mindedness I read on a daily basis here makes me ill. We have to work together.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I think it is irrelevant for anybody to say that aliens will attack us. It's completely out of the question, I mean when have you ever heard of an intelligent being harming a human? It's not plausible. You hear of abductions, but that's just a word meant to sound evil. Really what harm have they caused to our planet and us?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Youtube videos aren't "proof positive." If I saw a video of police carrying lemons to a lemonade stand, I would call 'BS.'

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I was not talking about any youtube videos. I was meerly speaking the truth.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
The Hessdalen lights are being studied by scientists because:

i) The experiment is repeatable.
ii) The phenomenon is real.
iii) No one is suggesting this is extraterrestrial.

Spectra have been taken and Scandium was detected, indicating that the light is probably due to dust which is common in that area. The plasma theory is relatively well-supported by the evidence, though the mechanism is not fully understood.

There is some room for speculation, but not that much. Quite a lot is known about Hessdalen. That's the awesome thing about hard science. It excludes stupid nonsensical explanations. Evidence eventually rules them out.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by thedebater

hahaha you lost all credibility....you didnt have any to begin with to be honest, i should say you enforced the fact your ignorant when you posted on that other UFO thread....planes dont have green lights LOL

back on topic:

No youtube video is proof of anything to be honest, like the other dude above the dude im replying to said...you can put anything on youtube and claim it as proof for something.

Places like this is where you find the truth, through discussion, and analysis of these videos

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Once again, like i said. I wasn't talking about youtube videos. And i do not know what part of the damn worl you are from, but in the United States of America, planes do not have "green" lights.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilverStarGazer
Good grief... I'm so sick of people dismissing these things as some natural phenomena like earthquake lights or swamp gas... How arogant and dismissive some people are... If you have seen these things yourself then you know it's not something so simple. It's so easy for the debunkers to put people down but come on, do you really think all of these stories are either lies or mistaken identity? Get real and quit disrespecting people. This is exactly what TPTB want... They don't need to do much anymore, we seem to be doing a fine job of dividing and conquering ourselves these days.

Once again the naysaying, wannabe awake trolls have ate up all the lies on their plates and drank their big glass of oh so tasty kool aid. Gold stars for all. Good work carrying out the mission on YOURSELVES. I swear some of the narrow-mindedness I read on a daily basis here makes me ill. We have to work together.

I guess you haven't heard of chinese lanterns. Most ufo encounters tend to be the result of people placing chinese lanterns in the sky to make it look like a ufo as a hoax.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by StripedBandit

see this one

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by yaluk

Originally posted by NeverSleepingEyes

Originally posted by JesusLives
reply to post by DeNaga

demons are more complicated then you have been led to believe

how would you know?
this is just another silly claim by someone claiming a guy who was killed 2000 years ago is alive. Get real

you do know that alien existence is about as believable as that guy who died over 2000 yrz ago. if you have an open mind to aliens then you should get real too.

and if you caught a ufo on tape well I have the virgin mary appearing on tree bark on tape...

seriously you sound like some kid who believes in santa crapping on another kid who believes in the tooth fairy.

edit on 22-8-2011 by yaluk because: ..

well, thanks for your appreciation of me sounding like some kid.
while i feel age isn't a variable of importance, i'm pretty sure i left college about the same time you didn't need diapers any longer (for the time being... before we know, there they are again)

and for your information: i'm an atheist with a strong tendency towards anti-catholicism and a passion for history, church history in particular as in that history a lot of causes for today's madness can be found.
My position on UFO's is less expressive: from a logical point of view i'm inclined to accept the possibility of intelligent life (even on earth although one wouldn't come to that conclusion when observing people) elsewhere in the universe.
Although i"m conservative when it comes to how they manage to travel those distances" i'm willing to go for the idea that we can't imagine what technological advantage "they" can have, given the possibility "they" started evolving a couple of million years earlier than we did.

now, let's try to return to what i actually wanted to contribute: the OP has some claims that are not valid: there's no science in that video nor any prove.

it's not my intention to "kill" the enthusiasm of people willing to assume ufo's are here. all i want to ask them is to refrain from using statements that are actually wrongn ("scientific!!", "prove!!", "undeniable!!!"). I would love to see these good people spending some time studying the underlying principles of the scientific method. Reading Karl Popper's falsification principle might prevent heaps of good folks from making silly statements.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

(...)
Do aliens exist in general? Yes.
Have aliens visited Earth? Prove it by following the criteria I provided above.

(...)

prove the existence of aliens in general :-)
let us not confuse "prove" with "acceptance of a certain plausibility and possibility".

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by yaluk

Originally posted by JesusLives
reply to post by DeNaga

demons are more complicated then you have been led to believe

how would you know?
this is just another silly claim by someone claiming a guy who was killed 2000 years ago is alive. Get real

you do know that alien existence is about as believable as that guy who died over 2000 yrz ago. if you have an open mind to aliens then you should get real too.

and if you caught a ufo on tape well I have the virgin mary appearing on tree bark on tape...

seriously you sound like some kid who believes in santa crapping on another kid who believes in the tooth fairy.

edit on 22-8-2011 by yaluk because: ..

well, thanks for your appreciation of me sounding like some kid.
while i feel age isn't a variable of importance, i'm pretty sure i left college about the same time you didn't need diapers any longer (for the time being... before we know, there they are again)

and for your information: i'm an atheist with a strong tendency towards anti-catholicism and a passion for history, church history in particular as in that history a lot of causes for today's madness can be found.
My position on UFO's is less expressive: from a logical point of view i'm inclined to accept the possibility of intelligent life (even on earth although one wouldn't come to that conclusion when observing people) elsewhere in the universe.
Although i"m conservative when it comes to how they manage to travel those distances" i'm willing to go for the idea that we can't imagine what technological advantage "they" can have, given the possibility "they" started evolving a couple of million years earlier than we did.

now, let's try to return to what i actually wanted to contribute: the OP has some claims that are not valid: there's no science in that video nor any prove.

it's not my intention to "kill" the enthusiasm of people willing to assume ufo's are here. all i want to ask them is to refrain from using statements that are actually wrongn ("scientific!!", "prove!!", "undeniable!!!"). I would love to see these good people spending some time studying the underlying principles of the scientific method. Reading Karl Popper's falsification principle might prevent heaps of good folks from making silly statements.

I didn't mean to call you a kid. I did not mean to disrespect.

I hold that mans lust for power will use whatever medium avaliable to achieve that goal. whether it be religion, fear of et invasion, eviromentalism, eugenics, spreading democracy by force..you can use almost anything you can get people to back. you can get rid of religion but mans fallen nature and creativity would lead them to find a new cause use in their quest for power.

this is where we differ. all the things listed on their own are not destructive. they can be used for good.. just like a gun.. you are conservative right? you see where I am going. guns don't kill.people kill people. religion does not kill people people do. these bad minded people kill people guns don't kill.people.

if you get rid of guns and religion you still have mans evil nature.

now I only use this based on the christian religion as I cannot comment comfortably about.others

I do agree with your concluding statement...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Just because there are ufo's in the sky with mysterious lights, doesn't mean they are from another planet or realm. Actually, it wouldn't make much sense for aliens to put identifications lights on their space crafts anyways. So, most of the ufo's you see with identification lights on them are most likely made here on earth.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

(...)
Do aliens exist in general? Yes.
Have aliens visited Earth? Prove it by following the criteria I provided above.

(...)

prove the existence of aliens in general :-)
let us not confuse "prove" with "acceptance of a certain plausibility and possibility".

I agree with your sentiment.

Even though I personally think that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, I'm always careful to say it "almost certainly" exists. We can only be 99.99999% sure at the most about intelligent life existing elsewhere until we actually make some sort of contact with these aliens. Only then can we say it is 100% fact that they exist.

As for whether or not they are visiting the Earth -- I'm far less sure about that, but I suppose it is a possibility.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigquestions
Just because there are ufo's in the sky with mysterious lights, doesn't mean they are from another planet or realm. Actually, it wouldn't make much sense for aliens to put identifications lights on their space crafts anyways. So, most of the ufo's you see with identification lights on them are most likely made here on earth.

Yes but crop circles? Don't tell me that some people did all of them... There was one argument saying that those who want to fake crop circles always leave a trace - they make it without much care, the grass/crops isnt completely stepped over, there are some irregularities.

If you take 1, two three four cases it wont make sense to be aliens. But if you take all cases and i mean ALL saying all is not that, it's a little silly.
edit on 23-8-2011 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtraeme

Originally posted by StripedBandit
Unfortunately, this is far from hard evidence for the scientific community and, by extension, the majority of society.

I'm not entirely sure where you're getting your information from, but the plates and data from the '84 report ( www.hessdalen.org... ) generated a goodly amount of interest in academia. Since then the Hessdalen phenomenon has been looked at by a number of institutions. It's generally accepted by most atmospheric study groups as a genuinely new phenomena. The simple fact that it's resulted in several peer reviewed papers is a testament to this (1, 2, 3, 4, 5). If you'd like to read some of the publications you might want to look at Acta Astronautica 2010, Vol. 67, Issue 11-12, Investigation & analysis of transient luminous phenomena in the low atmosphere of Hessdalen valley, Norway ).

You're wasting your time mate.

And so is the OP. Nothing EVER changes around here...it's the same circular bickering only now along with the real human negativisms we also have fake posters using fake accounts from fake...you get the idea.

In case the actual human beings reading doubt this, do a search on here for sock accounts and a US software company contracted to the US government last year which produced software that can allow a single government agent, to appear as up to 50 separate and completely distinct individuals posting on boards like this. (hacked and exposed by 'anonymous')

It used to be an uphill struggle to make any discussion headway here, even with the solid results obtained from years of professional solid research being carried out featured in the clip the OP posted, now it's like trying to climb a mountain with an anvil strapped to your back...which always was the deliberate intention of creating the software mentioned above of course.

Thanks for the video clip OP, some of us do appreciate your efforts.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Spikey,
StripedBandit's whole post showed that he was interpreting the thread title as UFO's being alien craft. The original thread title now changed to what we see, may have been more objective and could have implied aliens, I don't know.

But as the title is now, I don't think there is a valid debate anyway, as there is more than enough witness evidence alone to know that there are are unknown phenomena in the air (UFO's), no matter what the origins.

I do think though that it is good to see the Norwegians are seriously investigating aerial phenomena, and in a scientific, and OPEN manner which is good and refreshing, and is the most important aspect in this thread, and thanks to the OP for bringing it to our attention.
edit on 23-8-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by yaluk

my sincere thanks for a sensible reply... seems like it's still possible to have a decent debate, taking different positions.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join