It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UFO phenomenon is now undeniable in my opinion.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by lkpuede

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

interesting, but not likely. the likely conclusion, since we are not animals (we are by far closer to being some type of machine than being an animal), we are a topic of research...

Hmmm. I don't agree with this at all. We are MUCH MUCH closer to animals than machines. Humans are simply one of the animals living on Earth. More intelligent, maybe, but animals nevertheless.

How do you figure humans are more like machines than animals?

a "human", from a particular point of view, can be show to be nothing more than a machine. it is in possession of all the systems necessary for a machine to function. it has a circulatory system, while amazingly advanced, is no different than a car. or a truck. it has respiratory system that is no different than a car or a truck. it has a processing system that is no different than even the most rudementary of computers. it has a filtering system. the only 2 differences that is has is that it is self replicating (we call it sex), and it is self repairing. it can even be said the the machine known as human is so advanced that even after millions of years, they still haven't figured out how to repairs themselves (with doctors) without further damaging the machine.

however, if your point of view is distinctly religion in it's nature, you could never see that. your religion still leads you to beleive you are creature of "God", which actually does not mean you are not a machine. prove you are not a machine. an awsome and amazing machine, which you all have been trying to replicate since forever. prove you are not just a machine. prove how different you are from a car or a truck or a computer...other than you have what you preceive as "being alive." your machines don't preceive heat? i think they do. your machines don't know when something is wrong? then what is that "check engine" light? your machines don't know when they are hungry? well, if you look at oil as food, all machines know when they need to eat. if you look at gasoline as food, well then all of your machines know when they need food, and will tell you so. and if you fail to feed them, you will be sorry. you will be standing by the side of the road wondering why you didn't have the good sense to feed your machine before you left home. the only awsome difference between you and your machines is that you can love, you have emotions, ect. but because you can love and lust and fear...does that mean you are not a machine? aren't your scientists, especially in Japan, teaching your machines how to feel love, hate, fear, ect?
edit on 22-8-2011 by lkpuede because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

Originally posted by JesusLives
reply to post by DeNaga

demons are more complicated then you have been led to believe

PROVE IT .. !

demons unlike aliens, need humans to validate their existence. religiously speaking they are here to tempt us and lead us astray. they want to destroy man but if they do what is next. their whole purpose.in life is to torment us.

if they do a bang up job and destroy us they destroy themselves as their purpose in life ceases to exist. aliens on t he other hand do not have that dilemma.
edit on 22-8-2011 by yaluk because: droid sucks.

edit on 22-8-2011 by yaluk because: droid sucks.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

interesting, but not likely. the likely conclusion, since we are not animals (we are by far closer to being some type of machine than being an animal), we are a topic of research...

Hmmm. I don't agree with this at all. We are MUCH MUCH closer to animals than machines. Humans are simply one of the animals living on Earth. More intelligent, maybe, but animals nevertheless.

a "human", from a particular point of view, can be show to be nothing more than a machine. it is in possession of all the systems necessary for a machine to function. it has a circulatory system, while amazingly advanced, is no different than a car. or a truck. it has respiratory system that is no different than a car or a truck. it has a processing system that is no different than even the most rudementary of computers. it has a filtering system. the only 2 differences that is has is that it is self replicating (we call it sex), and it is self repairing. it can even be said the the machine known as human is so advanced that even after millions of years, they still haven't figured out how to repairs themselves (with doctors) without further damaging the machine.

How does that make Humans and animals different? According to the way that you describe humans above, animals are also just like machines -- because most complex animals such as mammals share all of these attributes with humans.

Therefore, since humans AND animals can BOTH be said to be complex machines, then humans are like animals.

Again I ask how are humans more like machines than they are like other animals? Or, at the very least, why don't you also include animals as being like machines? We are not different than animals in this sense.

If humans are machine-like, then many other animals are also machine-like for the same reasons you say humans are. So humans are not that different than animals (and I say humans are physiologically just animals with greater intelligence).

edit on 8/22/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Man=machine, how did this thread end up in a Cul-De-sac?

The thread does show that Norwegians are not just taking UFO's seriously, they are doing something about it, and in a co-operative way, and it seems at many levels. What they have gleaned so far is at least proof of aerial phenomena, and if not understood qualifies as UFO/s.
I would presume then, that they are building a database to separate out the obviously different items they have obtained in film. That is fairly novel, in that they are a same source operation, and I am presuming they would have or use other material for comparisons and confirmations etc.

It will be interesting to see where it all leads to.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

So, according to the way that you describe humans above, animals are also just like machines -- because most complex animals such as mammals share all of these attributes with humans.

Therefore, since humans AND animals can BOTH be said to be complex machines, then humans are like animals.

Again I ask how are humans more like machines than they are like other animals? Or, at the very least, why don't you also include animals as being like machines?

you shouldn't be asking me that question...you should be asking yourself why you are so resistant to being a machine. you are absolutely against being a machine, even tho everything around you tells you that you are, in fact, a machine. not only that, everything around you is some type of machine as is the whole of the galaxy. you can't accept that. why? because you are a relgious creature. if you think you are not a machine...i'll give you what to do. go run your car for 5 minutes, and jog in place next to it for 5 minutes. at the end, open the hood and cut a line. then cut your arm. let's see which one of you are dead first.

i don't usually tell anyone this, because it really makes no difference. it makes not one bit of difference to your existance if you are a machine...and you'd do well not tell anyone you are a machine. you will find yourself rubbing your wife's feet all night long and working for next to nothing.

so if you really want to get to the bottom of it...just ask yourself in all honesty why you are so against being a machine. i'll bet you dollars to pennies it's because you are created in your "God's" image...therefore it is impossible for you to be a machine...just as it is impossible for there to be life on other planets...unless the are serving humanity...which was created in God's image.

lmao...bet that really bakes your noodle, don't it?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall

It's real proof positive. You can no longer ever say it's people's imagination.

edit on 8-22-2011 by Springer because: Edited title to more accurately reflect content

Sorry but I have never heard or read anywhere ,saying UFO's are fake. Most UFO accounts are real but ,I think the problem arises when people connect UFO's with aliens. The alien part is bogus. Its the same with crap circles. They are man made why would anyone think crap circles were made by aliens is beyond me.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by yaluk

I think someone needs egimacatered on demons,

en.wikipedia.org...

I suppose they could be UFOs too!

edit on 22-8-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

you shouldn't be asking me that question...you should be asking yourself why you are so resistant to being a machine. you are absolutely against being a machine, even tho everything around you tells you that you are, in fact, a machine...

No -- I'm not at all against being considered to be like a machine.

I think physiology in general -- not only human physiology -- can be thought of as being very machine-like (as I said before). In that respect humans, monkeys, dogs, elephants, mice, birds, reptiles, and even insects and earthworms are all machine-like.

I just don't understand how you can separate humans and other animals in that respect. Humans and other animals are very similar physiologically. Humans are the same as animals in being machine-like. Humans are NOT more machine-like than other animals.

Besides, I could ask you why you seem resistant to considering yourself to be an animal, and trying to distance humans from animals.

EDIT TO ADD:
...and sorry if this got off-topic, but IF aliens treat the earth like a zoo (and that's a HUGE if, because I do NOT believe that to be true), then humans may just be simply another animal in that zoo. The dominant animal, yes, but another animal nevertheless.

Apes are far more intelligent than, say, lizards, but we humans put both Apes and lizards in the same zoo.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

I agree with you dilly, crap circles are distinctly a human trait

Aliens, I don't think would indulge in such Bulls....

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
debunkers should be banned from ats. when a country
is comning forward and claiming that there are sightings
up to twenty times a week, then you have no way of denying
it

especially when they spend money on a 24hr ufo surveillance
mechanism how would there be any nerve in your brain to deny
it????

edit on 23-8-2011 by Asktheanimals because: offensive comment removed

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

you shouldn't be asking me that question...you should be asking yourself why you are so resistant to being a machine. you are absolutely against being a machine, even tho everything around you tells you that you are, in fact, a machine...

No -- I'm not at all against being considered to be like a machine.

I think physiology in general -- not only human physiology -- can be thought of as being very machine-like (as I said before). In that respect humans, monkeys, dogs, elephants, mice, birds, reptiles, and even insects and earthworms are all machine-like.

I just don't understand how you can separate humans and other animals in that respect. Humans and other animals are very similar physiologically. Humans are the same as animals in being machine-like. Humans are NOT more machine-like than other animals.

Besides, I could ask you why you seem resistant to considering yourself to be an animal, and trying to distance humans from animals.

EDIT TO ADD:
...and sorry if this got off-topic, but IF aliens treat the earth like a zoo (and that's a HUGE if, because I do NOT believe that to be true), then humans may just be simply another animal in that zoo. The dominant animal, yes, but another animal nevertheless.

Apes are far more intelligent than, say, lizards, but we humans put both Apes and lizards in the same zoo.

this is the last i'm commenting on this topic because it changes no question of existance.

you look into the sky and say to yourself, "wow, that sure is pretty." never once realizing what you are actually looking is a filtration system. the same filtration system that is in your chest, which is the same filtration system that is in a car. you look at the sea and say "wow, that sure is pretty.", never once realizing what you are actually looking at is a recycling system. that same that is in you. that same that is in a car. you look at the mountains and say "wow, that sure is pretty", never realizing you are watching the earth turn it's own soil. however, you can't see that because you are distinctly religious. the whole idea that you are a machine is so repugnant to you that you can't even fathom the thought. so repugnant in fact, you will come up with any reason you can to avoid the truth. you are a machine. you cannot accept it. you will find any and all reasons to explain away the perfectly obvious.

but from a religious point of view, if you are human or machine, it does not change your life. do you actually think you can tell your boss you are a machine that's why you aren't coming in today? actually, that will make you look like the biggest stoopidest machine that ever walked the earth. you are a machine, remember? why can't you come in? you think you can tell your daughter tonight you can't read her you story because you discovered you are, in fact, a hologram? i doubt it.

so you are left to yourself to figure it out.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The OP says clearly in his title, 'in my opinion', so chillax people.

Thanks for sharing the vid, the 18m x 15m with laser precision cut and the UFO around 3:50 into the video are both really food for thought.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Sure, the UFO phenomenon is undeniable. There's a ton of evidence. But we still have no idea what it's evidence OF. I personally think "aliens" is one of the most boring, unimaginative things it could represent.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi

Originally posted by smallcheese
reply to post by anumohi

You are not aware that there are many other religions which also appear to claim the same?

At this point in time it appears from my seat that most alien believers are doing nothing different than practicing a remarkably similar belief which is identical to a new religion.

I guess we could get into the discussion that there is as much proof of any religious edict as what appears to be rampant in the ET phenomena

Faith that there are aliens are just swapping one god for another.

Perhaps you could explain to me how it is different?

millions of people throughout history have seen and documented seeing UFOs and even claims have been made, including by people i personally know, that have been visited by ET, where as all through history by only just a few claimed to have actually witnessed or spoke to their deity. overwhelming evidence suggests that ET is more factually believable than a several thousand year old perpetuated myth....that's the difference....Seriously

If so many "millions" of people have seen UFO's and your friends have met them, why has there never been one on live tv. why have they never landed on the white house lawn? why is there NO demonstrable proof ( realize that eyewitness accounts are not scientific) that ET has EVER visited this planet? Sure, there are theories but everyone has fifteen theories.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

...the whole idea that you are a machine is so repugnant to you that you can't even fathom the thought. so repugnant in fact, you will come up with any reason you can to avoid the truth. you are a machine. you cannot accept it. you will find any and all reasons to explain away the perfectly obvious...

Ummm...I'm pretty sure that in my response I agreed with you in saying that humans are very much machine-like. So I'm not sure where you got the idea that I "can't even fathom the thought" of being compared to a machine.

The only disagreement I had with you is that you said that humans are unlike animals in this way. I say BOTH humans and animals are machine-like. It seemed to be your assertion that somehow humans differ from animals in that respect -- i.e., you seemed to imply that humans are like machines, but animals are not.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobra.EXE
debunkers should be banned from ats. when a country
is comning forward and claiming that there are sightings
up to twenty times a week, then you have no way of denying
it

especially when they spend money on a 24hr ufo surveillance
mechanism how would there be any nerve in your brain to deny
it????

Those who dont use critical thought or understand the basic scientific process should be banned from ATS
edit on 23-8-2011 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2011 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Sometimes I wonder if its worth it at all to even discuss such matters.

If you want it, it's there to unravel.

If you don't, it's there to debunk.

Cool video either way.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthrising2012

Originally posted by 11I11
Its a chinese lantern, similar to the one which crashed at Rosewell in 1947.

Many people have thought to have seen ufo's in the past but have turned out to be chinese lanterns all along. One of the biggest incident that comes to mind is probably the phoenix light incident.

@1111 No chinese lanterns crashed at Rosewell, LOL even if it is not a UFO, check your facts. (though I still think some - did you see we aren't hiding anything??? declassification is bull# on the background of all)

@truthrising2012 - can you guys think? Chinese lanterns lift off, do not stay at one place you may laugh at UFO hunters but they did useful experiments with flares and chinese lanterns. One of the Season 2 episodes about Cardiff, UK where there's a footage, they tested chinese lamps and they looked nothing like it and nothing like the Phoenix lights.

I personally doubt the lights of Phoenix are lights of a single ship, they are either several orbs or if it is not a craft at all, idk what it is.

But back to the topic, there can't be so many cases and call ALL casualities - all are misinterpretations, reflections, airplanes, imagination, illusions, even if some are. But this video did not show anything more ,,,

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join