It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UFO phenomenon is now undeniable in my opinion.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
So, this research team has all of this fancy equipment, and when 'phenomenon' decides to show up for the research team on the 4th night of study (4 min mark), rather than crystal clear, HD, smooth, still-framed footage, we have shaky, out of focus, crappy resolution 'proof'.

I'm not saying it's not real. I'm saying it's angering that there is no excuse (these days) for such poor quality.

Arghh...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by DeNaga

I dont think anyone denies that people occasionally see things in the sky they cant identify. I do doubt the "mysterious origin" of said objects

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
"The UNIDENTIFIED flying object phenomenon is now undeniable."

I don't think anyone has denied that people or machines see things that are UNIDENTIFIED.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall
It's real proof positive. You can no longer ever say it's people's imagination.

Skeptics don't think UFO sightings (in general) are people's imaginations. The objects people see are usually real, Many are just misidentified, and some remain unidentified.

For example, at least one of the objects in your video looks much like a meteor breaking up in the atmosphere, first into three pieces, then one of those pieces breaking up into bits. Looking at the other objects in this video, I can say the are unidentified, but I wouldn't jump to the "alien" conclusion right away. I can think of a few other potential explanations for some of the other objects -- at least explanations worth discussing.

I really don't see how this is proof positive. The events in this video are not new, and none of them can be positively identified as "alien craft" (and I know you didn't say "alien craft", but the wording of your post suggests that's what you mean by "UFO").

edit on 8/22/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

Guy from the video says.. "I have 68 encounters with these objects that i can prove.. I have them written down."

So if I go write down in a notebook that I have $63,749.53 in the bank.. can I use that as "proof" when I go to withdraw??

Come on bro..

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

please stop it now,conclusive proof,new evidence,undeniable video,what in the hell are people gonna say when
there is proof...i cant believe its not aliens,new recipe-same great conspiracy.pinky swear its a flying saucer.
stop crying wolf,it makes a fool of you,and anyone with an open mind

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
there are also sightings (and photos) of solid ufos, they also captured one shooting a laser

FULL HQ DOCUMENTARY with pictures of real solid ufos in hessdalen....but you have to watch carefully because obviously these are results that 1. make the further scientific process very complicated 2. are national security stuff [~@29:30]

and recently released: Paranatural - Mystery lights (they capture one that cannot be explained, its blue in infrared and so not from a natural light (wave):

so there is right now no space for sceptics, earthquake lights do not result like the hessdalen light (but is a good explanation for many light phenomena) and ball plasma is also not working because you could mesure it...same with ball lightning...

but i am a bit pissed because it was already coverd on hessdalen and now get ridiculed by such a lousy thread with an absolutly stupid headline...
edit on 22-8-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall

It's real proof positive. You can no longer ever say it's people's imagination.

Wow, thanks for the laughs bro. Maybe it's time to get take off your tin foil hat.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by truthrising2012

get off disinfo agent, there is absolutly nothing to laugh at, its an scientific project by many university for a couple of years and so far they have captured it on film, with mesurement-tools and on photo, they have a live stream where they get "lousy" quality sightings quiet often, have additional phenomena like the moved grass and so far there is not the slightest explanation for the hessdalen phenomena...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I've seen so many threads on these boards with the words "Fact" "Proof" and "Official" which leads me to believe many people on this site need this link. dictionary.reference.com...

Thank you and have a nice day!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by broahes

Guy from the video says.. "I have 68 encounters with these objects that i can prove.. I have them written down."

I did find that one comment hilarious, specially the written down part. Priceless

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
sigh...It's still not the type of UFO(s?) that I saw, I've seen no case where it has been exactly like mine. These always are small orbs of light in the distance...Mine were large yellow (but dimly lit) discs above me.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hessdalen

get off disinfo agent, there is absolutly nothing to laugh at, its an scientific project by many university for a couple of years...

You're not helping your argument any by labeling people who disagree with the OP's video as "disinfo agents". That's a very close-minded attitude.

Besides, not everything in that video has to do with the Hessdalen lights, so not everything in the OP's video is part of that scientific university project you mentioned.

But I do agree that the Hessdalen lights remain an unexplained mystery for now. Nobody can say what they are yet. So they are a "UFO" in the true sense of the word -- Unidentified, but not necessarily alien, either.

edit on 8/22/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
50+ flags for something everyone already knew? Standards are dropping.

What we need proof of is if aliens are flying them, this article confirms only the obvious, that there are unidentified objects in the sky. Sorry I'm repeating what's been previously said but it seems it needs drumming in.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hessdalen

get off disinfo agent, there is absolutly nothing to laugh at, its an scientific project by many university for a couple of years and so far they have captured it on film, with mesurement-tools and on photo, they have a live stream where they get "lousy" quality sightings quiet often, have additional phenomena like the moved grass and so far there is not the slightest explanation for the hessdalen phenomena...

LMAO, never knew I was assigned as a disinfo agent. Makes ufo believers label things as they please so it fits their story. Cool story

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
This post illustrates how our publics schools are failing us.

If you honestly think this constitutes proof, i would perhaps suggest furthering your education, or revisiting grade school. An education is a good thing.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
I remember watching the whole documentary that this clip was taken from some years ago, Its nothing new at all, this research dates back to the 90's. Its unknown exactly what causes these anomalous lightforms but they have been documented for a while now.

Most probably a vary rare phenomenon called 'earth lights' or maybe 'earhquake lights'

Hessdalen light Possible explanations

In spite of on-going research there is no convincing explanation to the origin of these lights. However, there are numerous working hypotheses.

One explanation attributes the phenomenon to an incompletely understood combustion process in the air involving clouds of dust from the valley floor containing scandium. Some sightings though, have been identified as misperceptions of astronomical bodies, aircraft, car headlights, and mirages.

One recent hypothesis suggests that the lights are formed by a cluster of macroscopic Coulomb crystals in a plasma produced by the ionization of air and dust by Alpha particles during radon decay in the dusty atmosphere. Several physical properties (oscillation, geometric structure, and light spectrum) observed in Hessdalen lights phenomenon can be explained through the dust plasma model. Radon decay produces alpha particles (responsible by helium emissions in HL spectrum) and radioactive elements such as polonium. In 2004, Teodorani showed an occurrence where a higher level of radioactivity on rocks was detected near the area where a large light ball was reported. In fact, when radon is released into air, its solid decay products readily attach to airborne dust.[ A new computer simulation shows that dust immersed in ionized gas (i.e., dusty plasmas) can organize itself into double helixes. The simulations suggested that under conditions commonly found in space, the dust particles first form a cylindrical structure that sometimes evolved into helical structures. Along some spirals, the radius of the helix was seen to change abruptly from one value to another and then back again, providing a mechanism for storing information in terms of the length and radius of a section of a spiral. Hessdalen Lights may take the helical structure. Surprisingly, dusty plasmas may also assume this structure.

Another hypothesis explains HL as a product of piezoelectricity generated under specific rock strains (Takaki and Ikeya, 1998) because many crystal rocks include quartz grains which produce an intense charge density. In recent paper, based in the dusty plasma theory of HL (Paiva and Taft, 2010), it is suggested that piezoelectricity of quartz cannot explain a peculiar property assumed by the HL phenomenon – the presence of geometrical structures in its center.

Source Wiki

Earthquake lights

Earthquake lights are caused by an unknown mechanism. There are numerous theories as to how and why they occur.

One explanation involves intense electric fields created piezoelectrically by tectonic movements of rocks containing quartz.

Another possible explanation is local disruption of the Earth's magnetic field and/or ionosphere in the region of tectonic stress, resulting in the observed glow effects either from ionospheric radiative recombination at lower altitudes and greater atmospheric pressure or as aurora. However, the effect is clearly not pronounced or notably observed at all earthquake events and is yet to be directly experimentally verified.

Earthquake lights are the most recent of technological folk-beliefs which have attempted to explain the Will-o'-the-wisp phenomena. A German psychologist, Dr. G. Schweizer, was the first to conclusively demonstrate that strange moving terrestrial and heavenly lights were due to a subjective phenomenon known as the autokinetic sensation.

Source wiki

Take note that none of the scientists in the video are calling them UFO's just a "phenonenon". I think the video is presenting them out of contex as in the last 20 years theres been nothing to suggest that these are intelligent craft. So while this is very interesting its not the proof of alien life we are all looking for.

They have a website that you can go and check out all the reports , pictures and film Project Hessdalen - Automatic Measurement Station (AMS)

Pictures from 2011
Pictures from 2003
Pictures from 2002
Pictures from 2001
Pictures from 2000
Pictures from 1999
Pictures from 1998

edit on 21-8-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

The problem with your theories stated above are that these lights truly seem to be intelligently moving...

Explain that! I'd love some answers

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by StripedBandit
reply to post by smallcheese

No I am of the mind that a percentage of sightings are indeed UFO's both terrestrial and ET. But also that people need to be pretty much slapped by an alien life form before believing.

not slapped, i just need tangible proof of which there is none.. grungy video and 'stories' dont count
edit on 22-8-2011 by Kaiuk because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2011 by Kaiuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

so, where is that prove? it's not in the video, that's for sure...

(fyi: i'm agnostic when it comes to UFO's... i don't exclude the possibilities. However I'm pretty critical when it comes to the usage of words like "prove")

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by BinaryG
Star and flag finally some solid scientific evidence nice find mate

there's nothing of with the nature of evidence nor science in that video.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join