It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Contact?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0
reply to post by Kaiuk

No because its a near Ancient Language . I should of said "Modern Languages" but im sure i can atleast guess all the modern langues spoken and can distinguish on from another.

Chill bro its the internet no need to get smart.

I am sorry dear sir, but Urdu is spoken by 60.6 million people as of today, and is one of the official languages of Pakistan.

Now chill bro, it's the internet, there is a need to get smart.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaiuk

Oh wow. Well then i would probably know what it sounds like if its modern.

No theres not. If you want to get smart U2U me im not turning this thread into a flame war.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

So again, why would someone with such high clearance release such classified information with the risk of treason?
edit on 20-8-2011 by Kaiuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

I don't know what modifications were made to the single-sideband radio. I haven't cracked any more than I already was to begin with. I'm just very curious is all. My friend has never come at me with anything like this, and I have never made any posts claiming ET contact.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising

I don't know what modifications were made to the single-sideband radio. I haven't cracked any more than I already was to begin with. I'm just very curious is all. My friend has never come at me with anything like this, and I have never made any posts claiming ET contact.

Well... there was that one thread you authored about supposedly getting fresh with E.T. behind a truck stop (which would make this "Second Contact"), but IIRC you deleted it...

edit on 8/21/2011 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I'm open to the possibility of that being true. I can't commit to it completely but I take at your word that your friend is who you say he is. Those types of people aren't known to lie to people they call friends so I would remain open to the story having credibility.

That being the case I don't see what motivation the DoD would have in leaking this type of thing. Unless we are coming up to an event that will leave absolutely no doubt about the existence of ET and there being an open contact of sorts... they traditionally don't give people the real picture. The media sure has been squawking about ET a lot lately though.

IMO we'll never be certain until the 'event' takes place where there is no longer any doubt for any one at all.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Like someone already mentioned, if this is true then if at all possible we could find out what frequency was used? There's a few here on ATS that would love to give this frequency/ies a try and see what or who can possible be transmitting through this channel(s).

I'm not an expert in radio frequencies but one thing I do know, in order for a radio waves to travel longer distances the radar used to transmit needs to be huge, unless of course technology has gone so far as to re-create the same effect by means of nano-technology. Either way, it would be interesting scanning those frequencies.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing; I won't get my hopes up, but we will see.

I also wonder if this could be related to this thread that was posted a few weeks ago...
Alien Disclosure Eminent!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Wow, this would be very exciting news If true. Maybe the Canadian plane crash story is possibly a cover story? Please keep us posted on any new details. I think I'll pop some popcorn, grab a box of milk duds and sit back and enjoy the show.

link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
What I was told is a radio guy operating a single-sideband that was specially modified picked up some garbled transmissions in an unidentifiable language, isolated the signal, and started trying to communicate with the sender. This goes on for a while and gradual progress is made until it slowly becomes clear the sender is saying it is an alien lifeform hiding out in the ionosphere! At this point the military gets involved and takes the lead, the source in the DOD hears about it and contacts my friend, who calls me.

So in summary, an ET in some type of spacecraft is hiding in the ionosphere (from us? From other aliens?) and trying to make contact with us in his own language on a ham radio band. Sorry, but that's just ticking all the wrong boxes. If an alien is hiding, there would be nothing that would give his position away quicker than broadcasting on a primitive radio band. If he wants to contact us, it goes without saying he wouldn't be broadcaasting in his own language and if he's bothered to travel here, surely he either has some understanding of our language or has an electronic translater. Lastly, what ham radio operator that made communication with an alien lifeform would turn that over to the DoD? Does ANY ham radio operator trust the DoD? I doubt it. Calling hoax on this one.

link   
reply to post by Kaiuk

You got me. This information came out of the blue at me this morning and I am basically posting an RFI in regard to it. Your rhetorical questions are pretty pointless. I don't know who my friend's source in the DoD is, so I can't ask them why they would tell my friend about this. Why do people do the things they do? It isn't always because it is reasonable, predictable, and safe.

I'm not asking you to believe this story is true. What I am looking for is site members who have heard something similar or related recently. You obviously aren't one of those.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by xenthuin

Not trying to fuel the fire (even though I clearly am)... but that is a very interesting point. The stories could easily be one in the same (IF both posters are speaking the truth AND if their friends are honest/exist AND if pigs are truly flying). If the DoD had discovered such a signal, they would absolutely go to the NSA for assistance. Also, I believe it would take a bit of time to make progress in the communication dept. (such as the time delta between the two threads). Just sayin'.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by imawlinn
Wow, this would be very exciting news If true. Maybe the Canadian plane crash story is possibly a cover story? Please keep us posted on any new details. I think I'll pop some popcorn, grab a box of milk duds and sit back and enjoy the show.

Dude, you gotta quit popping milk duds every time first contact (as reported on ATS) occurs. Google (image search) "Austin Powers Fat Bastard" for more info!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak
reply to post by xenthuin

Not trying to fuel the fires (even though I clearly am)... but that is a very interesting point. The stories could easily be one in the same (IF both posters are speaking the truth AND if their friends are honest/exist AND if pigs are truly flying). If the DoD had discovered such a signal, they would absolutely go to the NSA for assistance. Also, I believe it would take a bit of time to make progress in the communication dept. (such as the time delta between the two threads). Just sayin'.

Absolutely... This thread just happened to jog my memory about the other one. Here's to flying pigs!!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
The entity is communicating in the upper range of our mobile frequency bands.

~1024 (power of two) MHz, over Northern Canada (prob. because there's less electrical interference from the ionosphere there).

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Hi, do you have any evidence at all?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaiuk

"H.E.L.L.O. W.O.R.L.D.!" on the oscillator in front of me.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

ah... right then. pics or it didnt happen

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

This is interesting. You are not the first person here on ATS to talk about friends and those in the DOD talking about disclosure, ET contact, etc. In fact, this is pretty common theme this past month. And to add to the 'what if', we have NASA discussing "what if Aliens attacked" scenario. Do they want to attack us or is our Gov't and it's cronies once again creating Fear?

From what I been hearing and reading, ETs are here, always been, and now its time for them to let the world know they exist. If we believe in aliens, intelligent life, we should come to the understanding that there are good aliens, bad aliens, and everything else in between, just like us humans.

So apparently the good guys have been working behind the scenes with Gov'ts around the world setting up new policies, monetary systems, and Gov'ts. They're rooting out the corrupted policy makers and their cronies (see Bankers, Corporations, etc). This kinda sounds like a NWO thing, but their plans seem to be focused on the entire human race no longer suffering to wars, poverty, starvation, inequalities, unjust Gov't/laws, etc, basically our everyday lives being turned completely upside down, and its supposed to be a good thing. They, the aliens, have said they've been slowly revealing themselves to the world via UFO sightings and more sightings will increase until full disclosure happens. The reason why they've been slowly revealing themselves is because they know how dramatic and scared we humans can get and they're not here to scare us.

Like you, I get a lot of my information from the good old internet, so who knows if there's any truth to this, but either way we'll find out very soon because word is disclosure is right around the corner. Although, we've hear the same old song and dance about ET disclosure before which ended up in no disclosure. The question remains, are ETs really here and are they actually going to provide us with full disclosure?
edit on 21-8-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaiuk

ah... right then. pics or it didnt happen

I don't blame you for being skeptical.

Here: Pic 'Cause It Did Happen

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join