First Contact?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+13 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I had a strange and interesting call from an old friend this morning. I was told there had first been two attempts to text me that had both caused my friend's phone to power down. Can't explain how the call was able to get through. I do believe this person to be legit. Ex-SEAL, covert, detached. We go way back. Not that I am any of those things.

Anyway, I get this call and my friend tells me a source in the DOD has communicated confirmation of First Contact with an Extra-terrestrial lifeform! I am not lying, this is what I was told. Needless to say, I was pretty surprised and am still pretty skeptical. My friend has never been one to go on about UFOs and Aliens, and has never told me anything of this scope and magnitude before. Not even close.

What I was told is a radio guy operating a single-sideband that was specially modified picked up some garbled transmissions in an unidentifiable language, isolated the signal, and started trying to communicate with the sender. This goes on for a while and gradual progress is made until it slowly becomes clear the sender is saying it is an alien lifeform hiding out in the ionosphere! At this point the military gets involved and takes the lead, the source in the DOD hears about it and contacts my friend, who calls me.

Apparently, my friend thinks I am able to find things out and hears a lot of stuff first from me. Little does he know my primary source is ATS. I also do quite a bit of digging around on the web and I tend to make unusual connections between events as things stand out to me in a certain way. That's why I am now here in the Gray Area posting this seemingly fanciful tale of First Contact. I haven't seen a peep about it anywhere. Everybody is all caught up in the Elenin/YU-55 approach.

Has anybody here heard anything like this story recently? I know, the people who talk don't know, and the people who know don't talk. Like I told my friend, I am all about disclosure, and if there is any truth to this story I want to find out. Just think how epic it would be if this is true and we have made First Contact with an alien species!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

Its times like this where I have an old Calvin and Hobbes comic come to mind, in which they say that the most legitimate proof there is intelligent life in the universe is that they HAVEN'T tried to contact us...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Wow, that must have been an interesting phone call!

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
What I was told is a radio guy operating a single-sideband that was specially modified picked up some garbled transmissions in an unidentifiable language, isolated the signal, and started trying to communicate with the sender. This goes on for a while and gradual progress is made until it slowly becomes clear the sender is saying it is an alien lifeform hiding out in the ionosphere! At this point the military gets involved and takes the lead, the source in the DOD hears about it and contacts my friend, who calls me.

Did he tell you when this happened, and any idea of where the location is?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Could he possibly find out where in the ionosphere and what kind of radio and frequency were used please? Might help in some others here possibly trying to get the same thing unless the military really is all over this.

2nd just because

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I just took a quick look on Google News.. nothing there (surprise).

How long ago was this? Since it was DoD, I doubt anything will be released. At least not for a long time.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
It would be so epic! But unfortunately, if it is true itll be a while before we find out. The government would, rightly so, have to make sure this isnt a threat. If you hear more let us know.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Im waiting for someone to say link or it didnt happen.

Interesting phone call anyway. You definitely have my attention.

Hopefully your friend or our wonderful government will be forthcoming with more information.
edit on 20-8-2011 by sicksonezer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Wouldn't your friend be in trouble for passing on information he shouldn't?

With what we are told, everything we communicate via phone or computer can be traced and is randomly or purposely listened to.

I think most people on this site believe in at least a more likely than not reality that we are not alone in the universe.

The fact that we expect a first contact to occur is pretty obvious.

If it is possible, get all the details that can be verified and post them so others can check out the sources. Without the evidence it is just another story that is illusory. We may be nearing a disclosure, and if we are I do not expect much to change. Most people have been desensitized by movies and computer graphics that when real contact occurs, it will not have a polarizing effect on the majority of the populations of the developed world.

Thanks for passing on the information. I personally hope it is true and that the information is verified and reported by every news network around the world.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
An interesting story. Don't know if I believe it or not, but I think if First Contact is made, it will probably be through some type of radio signal, or something like that, rather than the old cliche of the UFO landing on the White House lawn, and saying "Take us to your leader".

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Well...if your friend wants disclosure...call him for more info. Keep posting it here. Goddess knows there are enough believers, and wanna be believers waiting here to carry on.

Des

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I think my friend received this information within the last day or so. I believe the radio operator is here in the US. I don't know where in the ionosphere the contact was made. I assume it is being or has been triangulated by now, unless the alien is moving around in order to stay hidden. I will try to get more details and relay them here.

Like I said, I don't know why, if this is true and DoD is involved and has clamped the lid down on it, my friend was allowed to contact me and share the info.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Fascinating Story here bro. Hopefully this is true and your friend isnt pulling a prank on you.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Have no idea if this is in any way relevant, but BBC Radio here in UK just reported that Canadian forces are engaged in a big operation in the Arctic. Might tie in somehow, or maybe not.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
What makes your story different from the dozens of hoaxed ones made every day?

Also, let's just assume this whole first contact story is true, why would the DOD immediately contact, ya know, an ex-SEAL and tell him about it. Sounds a little odd.

Finally, we should also just assume the "guy with the radio" understood the foreign language and can safely make the assumption it's an alien language.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaiuk

Obviously we can reconize every Language on the Planet so if you hear some new type of Language which is foreign to Earth you'll come to an conclusion it would be an Alien Language

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NocturnalPhantom

Have no idea if this is in any way relevant, but BBC Radio here in UK just reported that Canadian forces are engaged in a big operation in the Arctic. Might tie in somehow, or maybe not.

It sounds like Canada is handling a plane crash with their military assisting....

Charter jet crashes in Canadian Arctic

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

1. So you're saying, if I started speaking Urdu, you would instantly understand?
2. You also know the meaning of each and everyone of these languages?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaiuk

No because its a near Ancient Language . I should of said "Modern Languages" but im sure i can atleast guess all the modern langues spoken and can distinguish on from another.

Chill bro its the internet no need to get smart.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
How exactly does one modify a radio that picks up all signals in a frequency range to pick up "garbled transmissions in an unidentifiable language"? Also, if the language was unidentifiable (meaning we don't speak it, and surely didn't figure out how to after just a bit of back and forth), isn't it more likely there's a human being on the end end beeping back (echoing) or replying to what one's transmitting? Meh. Don't tell me you've cracked after this many prior legit (I assume -- I didn't search) posts?!
edit on 8/20/2011 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaiuk

I didn't say the DoD contacted my friend. I was told a source my friend has at the DoD made contact. I didn't say the radio operator understood the language. I was told it took a while to piece some rudimentary communication together. I was told, and forgot to mention until your post reminded me, that communication even now is at a third grade level, whatever that means.

Right now, I don't know if this is a hoax or not, I am just relaying what I've been told first hand by my friend. The only thing that makes it different is I am hearing this first hand from someone I know well. Its a first for me.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join