It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Have all the Real Women Gone?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Mostly what I see in this thread is fear. People tend to want to have control over things they fear. Whether it is fear of women in general or fearing sexual inadequacy (size or ability to satisfy), most in this thread are wishing to go back to a time when women were meak and didn't have sex before marriage and were taught only bad girls liked sex, it's just being dressed up prettier by complaining about clothes. No comparison, no worries right boys?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
Mostly what I see in this thread is fear. People tend to want to have control over things they fear. Whether it is fear of women in general or fearing sexual inadequacy (size or ability to satisfy), most in this thread are wishing to go back to a time when women were meak and didn't have sex before marriage and were taught only bad girls liked sex, it's just being dressed up prettier by complaining about clothes. No comparison, no worries right boys?

and, what i see from you is the same old "question his manhood" tactic that you all love to use to shut discussion down. men do have a lot to fear from women, because ONE false accusation can ruin a man's life. no matter the venue, if a woman accuses a man these days, he's guilty until proven innocent, and even then, most people will think he "must have done something", so his name is NEVER cleared. women, however, even when proven to be liars, are shown massive leniency. For me, it's the double standard that i can't stand..

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The aspirations of the modern "lady"

Plenty of women about but ladies are an endagered species.

I do not want the mother of my kids to act like a tramp.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Section31
reply to post by Pinke

Originally posted by Pinke
Amazes me all the persons in this thread that say omg where all the real women gone?! ... without a sociology or history degree.

Too bad my answers are based upon a minor in psychology.

Section31's Part I: Irony of Feminism
Section31's Part II: Males and Females: Attraction to Body Types.

edit on 8/21/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

Oh there's problems with feminist theory. Everyone knows there's problems with feminism. Even feminists know there's problems with feminism. I haven't read your posts, because this thread isn't about feminist theory.

You can all try to turn this about as much as you like, but ... the thread is opened on some premise that all women are wannabe Lady Gagas etc ... whilst also arguing that women should strive towards a specific type and thus be the same.

If you feel your experiences of gender can be shoe horned into a handful of paragraphs complaining that real [insert gender here] doesn't exist I'd find that kind of worrying. I don't believe you do, but you're a tiny minority in a large thread.

And I haven't read every comment in this thread, and I'm not going to go through and rate them all out of 10. What I have read is posts about how women use their bodies to advantage, accuse people of rape, insutations of sham divorces, gross generalisations that I'm sure you wouldn't put up with if they were levelled at the male gender.

Such a wide statement should be followed by indepth explanation and theory. Yes, you can have your experience, but if you have a few bad ones ... it doesn't mean you can say 'all women suck because ...'.

The end.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
What happened is the world strayed from nature's design into this fictitous, fantasy world everyone perceives to be reality, when it's nothing more than a self proclaimed dillusional grandeur and fullfilment of ones desires of their own perverse imagination and lusts.

No wonder this world is going down the toilet. America and it's ways have truly led too many stray in their quest for world domination and truly is the root of all which is bad.

What's even sadder is how eveyone has conformed to a way which goes against our natural design.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Veilwalker

No, I'm calling it like I see it and it's pretty blatant honestly. You can see the difference between men who are secure and men who are not in just a few words.
Just so you know, I think it is disgusting that women falsely accuse men of rape or sexual harrassment. To me that is an extreme manifestation of woman who is insecure about her sexuality or is just genuinely insane.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

No, I'm calling it like I see it and it's pretty blatant honestly. You can see the difference between men who are secure and men who are not in just a few words.
Just so you know, I think it is disgusting that women falsely accuse men of rape or sexual harrassment. To me that is an extreme manifestation of woman who is insecure about her sexuality or is just genuinely insane.

I agree with the bolded bit. and, thing is, there are many, many women who do this without a thought..and many women who won't do it but agree with the tactic. See, my point is that women have decided that the genuine abuses you've suffered at the hands of some men justifies any action against ANY man. as long as that's the case..we'll see no true trust between us. actually this thread is pointless..can't solve these issue on the internet

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

ya know, I'm sorry, but it wouldn't take "God's" command, and a slew of religious leaders throughout history reinforcing that command, along with laws that reinforced that command,....
men wouldn't have to sell young daughters off to old men, which was done by CHRISTIAN men at one time.....
if it was all natural for women to act subservient and obedient, dependent on men!!!!!

"natural" wouldn't have needed such force to become the norm!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Veilwalker
I agree with the bolded bit. and, thing is, there are many, many women who do this without a thought..and many women who won't do it but agree with the tactic.

If we were discussing an episode of Bold and the Beautiful I might agree with you.

I'm not friends with anyone male or female or in between who would agree with that 'tactic'.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I agree with the bolded bit. and, thing is, there are many, many women who do this without a thought..and many women who won't do it but agree with the tactic. See, my point is that women have decided that the genuine abuses you've suffered at the hands of some men justifies any action against ANY man. as long as that's the case..we'll see no true trust between us. actually this thread is pointless..can't solve these issue on the internet

You're right, it can't be solved on the internet or anywhere at all because there will always be people who cannot see that there are two sides to everything. Yes SOME women have decided that all men are evil bastards but, SOME men have decided that all women are manipulative lying bitches. SOME women lie about abuses when they didn't happen, SOME men lie about abuses when they did happen. I don't really see what any of that has to do with how women dress and act though. An abuser (man or woman) is going to abuse no matter how good their partner is to them.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
reply to post by Revealation

ya know, I'm sorry, but it wouldn't take "God's" command, and a slew of religious leaders throughout history reinforcing that command, along with laws that reinforced that command,....
men wouldn't have to sell young daughters off to old men, which was done by CHRISTIAN men at one time.....
if it was all natural for women to act subservient and obedient, dependent on men!!!!!

"natural" wouldn't have needed such force to become the norm!

Honestly I'm not sure how NATURAL means "CHRISTIAN" or "God's command" That's a manmade doctrine which is obviously forced into you whether you believe in it or not. Your 1st instinct was to attack what was manmade structure.

Your (NORM) doctrine of a social structure is FORCED upon you and everyone else. Were supposed to CONFORM to man's idea of structure or suffer their consequences. That's what you perceive to be normal? It's just that you've been molded from birth and FORCED to live their standard. It's all an illusion. Are you trying to pass this off as natural? Vanity and self proclaimed greatness isn't a result of religion, it's a result of man's structured society and how he could be worshipped as special and superior and to empower themselves. Religions happen to understand this and so did everyone else and that's why they use it to their advantage. That's how this structure evolved over centuries.

When this great empire and what you deem normal structure crumbles under it's own weight, (and it will, as do all great, UNNATURAL manmade empires do), you will see (NATURAL) order restored.Human's natural instincts of survival will kick in.That's when we'll see "The Real Women".

I'm sure the last thing women will be thinking is about how pretty or how intellectually and physically superior they are or aren't to men, or how they can use their sexuality to pursuade man.I'm sure they won't be worrying about their nails, hair and makeup or buying a new car and how to look top tier in society's eyes.

My point is EVERYTHING you, I and millions of others believe is normal is what's FORCED. We're domesticated puppets conformed to societies manmade built structure and standard of control.

Simply put, Nothing natural about. This isn't an attack on women, it goes for men also.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

fear of being lied to then dragged into court...thats real fear and i doubt very much that women in the past were meek,my grandmother use to shovel her own drive way when she was 75yrs old,i watched her do this when i was 5yrs old.women of her generation had the pioneer/survival instinct still in them,not the use my sex to milk $$$ out of men like they do now...
edit on 21-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Of course there are still very beautiful and intelligent and caring women who deserve the utmost respect but on a whole I have to ask...What Happened to you?

Irrelevant since this obviously mirrors yours/someone else's personal opinion - your definition when a woman is "right" or "appropriate" is certainly not mine, just as a side-note.

Also..the undertone of your (and the OP linked site's) comment is like something from the middle-ages, let alone sexist and very PRIMITIVE.

Note how you say "there are still beautiful and intelligent [...]" implying that only the depicted women from 900 years back are fitting in YOUR PERSONAL image of a beautiful/intelligent woman while the others obviously are not. (Because they are not fitting in your middle-age cliche of "what a woman is supposed to be"). Where/When do you live? When was the last time you checked a calendar and realized it is 2011?

edit on 21-8-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

fear of being lied to then dragged into court...thats real fear and i doubt very much that women in the past were meek,my grandmother use to shovel her own drive way when she was 75yrs old,i watched her do this when i was 5yrs old.women of her generation had the pioneer/survival instinct still in them,not the use my sex to milk $$$ out of men like they do now...
edit on 21-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

and, what i see from you is the same old "question his manhood" tactic that you all love to use to shut discussion down. men do have a lot to fear from women, because ONE false accusation can ruin a man's life. no matter the venue, if a woman accuses a man these days, he's guilty until proven innocent, and even then, most people will think he "must have done something", so his name is NEVER cleared. women, however, even when proven to be liars, are shown massive leniency. For me, it's the double standard that i can't stand..
and this ^^^ is ruining the foundation of america...the family unit

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BearTruth

Well, if you search, there's plenty of information on how the Feminine has and is continued to be manipulated and downtrodden. Understanding it's true nature, power, and potential is different. Not to mention, very difficult to put into words.

To get a grasp on this: Start to FEEL and rekindle the connection to this Planet you live inside of. Think of how inextricably connected you are, through your organic body, the air you breathe, all you consume, all the energy you feel. This Planet is a conscious being and holds you deep within her womb. Honestly talk to Her; you may just be surprised at the knowledge gained. Her name is Sophia...

edit on 21-8-2011 by ImplodeThisExistence because: Grammar

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
heres a link that contains pills of truth that will be too hard for some to swallow >>>www.jesus-is-savior.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImplodeThisExistence
reply to post by BearTruth

...Start to FEEL and rekindle the connection to this Planet you live inside of. Think of how inextricably connected you are, through your organic body, the air you breathe, all you consume, all the energy you feel. This Planet is a conscious being and holds you deep within her womb. Honestly talk to Her; you may just be surprised at the knowledge gained. Her name is Sophia...

edit on 21-8-2011 by ImplodeThisExistence because: Grammar

I have always felt connected to the earth. I have always connected with living beings, plant and animal. It actually creeps some people out that I seem to understand animals. That is why I know people in general just don't get it. Yet. BT

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

That was awesome...did you notice the *uck behind the bride?

She wasn't out of her dress yet and she was already annoyed!

Hilarious and perfect for this thread!

Big bright star for you!

I have seen your stuff on the Mood Music thread, are you in the business? You can just shake your head! Ha!

You have the eye for talent.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusLives
reply to post by kro32

Like it or not when you take God out of human dealings all that you are left with is a whore. It might be a Great Whore, but still a whore.

So by definition,I am a whore,because I do not believe what you do? Having never met me,or speaking with me,you can call me a whore..

Ya know,it's people like you who make me wish that there would be a judgment day..I'd love to be a fly on the wall when your name is called to reckoning.

Back on topic; A real woman. In my opinion,a real woman is any woman who thinks,speaks,acts and stands upon her own ethical convictions. She is mindful of her words,actions and deeds and genuinely cares for others. The list is long so I'll spare the tedium of reading it. You get the gist.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join