It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Have all the Real Women Gone?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
its so wrong for the young girls of today to idolize and worship the drug addicted whores of hollywood and the mostly talentless slutty singers and entertainers of todays meat market music industry

Well, blocula, on this we agree. There are many good examples of womanhood today, that do not fall within the category above. Women of commitment and action, who use their lives for the betterment of their families and our world. The media today, gives the impression that there is no value to virtue, and it creates a constant battle to engender our young girls with a sense of virtue, self respect and self worth. BT

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Just had to give the other side of the coin to the other very good post here on ATS.

www.bostern.com...

Is this what the woman's movement was about?

JESUS I hope not!!!!
I still would love to be elegant and feminine...too bad I can't afford the luxury so most days it's jeans an t's or whatever I got just lying around. I think busting our butt trying to scrape a living has a lot to do with the different norm, I disqualify celebs cause they are not "real" people...at least for the most part, they are there to do/say/dress anyway they can to get a reaction. But,, for the lady on the normal front, it's work and slave and get paid crap wages where you can't even afford to dress nice and the job is not all that glamorous either. Not everyone can be the celeb to afford that luxury or the presidents wife (Discluding this one who looks like she stepped off ghetto fabulous instead of nordtstroms). But you get what I am saying, yes?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20

I hear women would like rednecks, ........you know, if it wasn't for the fact they are redneck.

They are definitely "hick" as hell though. But tough as hell too. Most of them were some really good guys.

I wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment. My father and baby brother were both definitely rednecks. However, you would never find a man more generous, honest, sincere, closemouthed, or fierce when you needed one. You would always feel protected. You were always provided for.

There is a lot to be said for a hearty down home man. BT

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

I am still laughing. I am glad you posted the jest caveat, however, some might take it for truth. I actually know women who think this and live their lives by a similar doctrine.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Is a woman damned if she does and damned if she doesn't?

Am I taking the wrong thing away from this thread? Is there no hope for men getting their fantasy girl?? And when he does... looking all the while at other girls? And why did some of the women on the thread feel they needed to defend themselves and their lives? Even their make up, hair, body type and clothes?

And to my sisters in the lower income area...God Bless you all. I am there now. I have the old wardrobe...but it is very obviously the "old wardrobe". Same jeans and bras for three years. I shop the Goodwill in town...good stuff here.

Or am I so naive that it is more like one of the posters said? Is everyone so alone and without options they will run all of the risks to connect with someone on the internet...God knows whom and where and with what safety net?

I really want to be so wrong on that last paragraph I wrote.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

HA! The first non-elegant woman of today that I thought of was Lady GaGa, and sure enough, she was used in the article as a woman of "today!"

But then I wonder, you don't find Michelle Obama to have a streak of elegance? I think some of the world's wealthier, political ladies pull it off - a little, anyway. Kate Middleton, too. If not elegant, classy, at least.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Just had to give the other side of the coin to the other very good post here on ATS.

www.bostern.com...

The women today are far different than years past and some would say their elegance and demeanor has changed from what was once respectable to .... well turn on MTV and you will see the change yourself. Of course there are still very beautiful and intelligent and caring women who deserve the utmost respect but on a whole I have to ask...What Happened to you?

Was it the fault of the men or the fault of the times that changed how women went from the nourturing mother figure to using Lady Gaga as a role model. Is this what the woman's movement was about?

Well buy me a pint sir and i shall most graciously show you my ankle.
I dont think you should generalise so much with regards to woman. Woman arent what they used to be because society has changed therefore woman have also.
Remember its not been that long that woman have taken full time jobs, and still been expected to keep a house and a family.
There was a lovely line in the drama "downton abbey" where the dowager duchess was told that a certain thing could be done on the weekend" whereupon she replies "whats a weekend",.
One quick question for the ladies out there, it was something i wsa thinking about whilst waitingf for a bus.. What do you consider being called more offensive a "bird" or a "chick".

edit on 20-8-2011 by thedoctorswife because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-8-2011 by thedoctorswife because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Having had a look at a few dating sites today for the first time, I am gob smacked at how many women in their 30's come under the catergory of "never been married".

I dont know why I find that strange but just do. I got a little judgemental too wondering if they are desperate now, the times ticking away and all that career stuff does not seem that important anymore?? Is there a sudden onset of panic of being left on the shelf? Or are they just weirdos, unrealistic or too high maintenance?

Then I felt bad for thinking that until I saw that most of these women had cats...

Is there a correlation? Lol

edit on 20-8-2011 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
They're all at my place, where it's ladys first in everything.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by BearTruth
reply to post by mnmcandiez

I want to say Here! Here! to your post. Often times people assume if a woman enjoys being female and being alluring, she is automatically considered loose, or a trollop, or not bright. I, like you, have ample accoutrements and a well educated, thinking brain. One absolutely does not negate the other.

And for all you gents out there, contrary to popular belief, the greatest sex organ is your mind. Your performance is completion of the act started elsewhere.

Where have all the real women gone? Why, right here, of course.

the grestest sex organ is actually the brain

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BearTruth

real women and real love died when women stopped wearing dresses and started acting like men

How sad I find it that you make that statement. It shows just how many factions of our society are crippled by their attitude concerning a person's appearance. Surely, in your evaluations, you take into consideration the person's actions of love, charity and service, their commitment to family and community into account. Surely, You are not in love with a fashion style and occupation choice.

Nothing in life is as cut and dried as that. In our modern society, clothing runs the gamut from one extreme to the other. And these days, the same could be said of men, they have started acting in some ways like women. If this works for them, their friends and family, how does your statement hold true? I mean no disrespect. I am sure you have a reason for your opinion. I just do not understand it. BT
michaelinmi.wordpress.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
Having had a look at a few dating sites today for the first time, I am gob smacked at how many women in their 30's come under the catergory of "never been married".

I dont know why I find that strange but just do. I got a little judgemental too wondering if they are desperate now, the times ticking away and all that career stuff does not seem that important anymore?? Is there a sudden onset of panic of being left on the shelf? Or are they just weirdos, unrealistic or too high maintenance?

Then I felt bad for thinking that until I saw that most of these women had cats...

Is there a correlation? Lol

edit on 20-8-2011 by EvanB because: (no reason given)
i think that most of the women and men as well, who will never have kids and will never get married are too self centered to see beyond themselves...its all... i me mine
edit on 20-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
To me, a real woman is one that feels comfortable around a man without being nervous, suspicious, or too self absorbed. She knows how to " be " attractive without the need to prove she is sexy. She is who she is. She keeps herself well and feels no need to give into men simply because they want her to.

It's been my observation that some women are way too skiddish around men like they are about to be assaulted. Some are so suspicious of men that they are no good to anyone around them. And still others are so self absorbed that their quest to be the perfect woman loses a man's interest. There is nothing worse than a woman who refuses to eat food, get her hands a little dirty, and dress down and relax around a man. Sure, men love a woman's natural sexual beauty, and there's a time for that. But what about the rest of the time ? Women are human beings and what men look for is one that won't break if you touch them or cry if you talk to them. The most attractive woman there is, is the one who is just herself around a man.

edit on 20-8-2011 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
i have known way too many men through the years that have ended up emotionally hurt and financially ruined by women. women who said they loved them, took the men into their beds, then turned around and dragged them into court so they could have their cake and eat it to and its all because of $$$. the usa leads the world in the amount of divorce, because the united states leads the world in greed...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelchanneller
Is a woman damned if she does and damned if she doesn't?

Am I taking the wrong thing away from this thread? Is there no hope for men getting their fantasy girl?? And when he does... looking all the while at other girls? And why did some of the women on the thread feel they needed to defend themselves and their lives? Even their make up, hair, body type and clothes?

And to my sisters in the lower income area...God Bless you all. I am there now. I have the old wardrobe...but it is very obviously the "old wardrobe". Same jeans and bras for three years. I shop the Goodwill in town...good stuff here.

Or am I so naive that it is more like one of the posters said? Is everyone so alone and without options they will run all of the risks to connect with someone on the internet...God knows whom and where and with what safety net?

I really want to be so wrong on that last paragraph I wrote.

I can relate to what you're saying. It is sad that so many people---women especially---are so programmed to think they need to have only the latest fashions and be thin as a rail to be 'ok'. I think you be who you are, tall or short, plump or thin, curly or straight hair. It really doesn't matter as long as you love YOURSELF no matter what, and I've found that others tend to accept you about as much as you accept yourself.

And I am here to tell you... yes indeed, you can meet wonderful fellows via the internet. Of course, like real life, you're gonna meet a bunch of goobers too, but I found my sweetie of 10 years online and it's only gotten better as time goes by.

Think of it this way. How will you ever meet the fellows that are the more quiet type; that aren't into the bars and nightclubs (you won't meet any decent guys in those meat markets from my experience---just users), that aren't all self-righteous and confuse that 'religious' dogma with being spiritual, or even may not live in your town?? You won't. On-line has posers and phonies, and it takes some sorting out, even as it does when meeting and dating in real life, but what I found is that it also has guys that are more the homebodies, that enjoy reading and other non-adrenaline addiction behaviors.

My sweetie lives about 30 mins away and the dear drove, every weekend, to my house because my car is old and I didn't trust it to make it back and forth. Because of where he lived though, I would never have met him any other way but the internet, and it has been worth all the freakazoids and lamers I had to go thru to get to him.

As for personal safety, trust your gut and use your common sense. For example, never meet the guys any place too private. And don't go in there acting like a victim. If you want, carry a side arm.. they make some nice ones for the ladies that won't rip your hand off when you shoot them! *lol*
edit on 20-8-2011 by DragonriderGal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

i have known way too many men through the years that have ended up emotionally hurt and financially ruined by women. women who said they loved them, took the men into their beds, then turned around and dragged them into court so they could have their cake and eat it to and its all because of $$$. the usa leads the world in the amount of divorce, because the united states leads the world in greed...

Yah, that happens when men believe their trophy wife loves them, and not their money. IF she married you for your money, then it is just simple logic to realize that when she leaves, she's gonna take as much of that money with her as she can.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I stand corrected. I misspoke that was what I meant.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I read the link you posted. I respect your opinion and that of the author, however, my personal opinion is that women have been suppressed by the very power of the men who welded it. I believe that there should be balance between the sexes. A woman is just as important as a man in society, in the family and in the entire scheme of things. And that has absolutely nothing to do with feminism. Would you be better pleased with a one gender populace where this whole issue would be moot?

If you read one of my earlier posts to Replikant, I did a synopsis on the history of women in our societies and how they were treated as chattel. This is fact, and happened in many different cultures. In fact, those who perpetrated these actions, also subdued the cultures that were women led, such as some of the Native American cultures where inheritance was passed down thru the daughters. Those cultures worked for hundreds if not thousands of years, yet they were destroyed by men, who found it abhorrent, because of their personal beliefs.

What threat, really are the actions of women in general, to you (whether male or female) or any other person? What happened to the respect of persons. Why does there have to be conflict between people of different opinion and belief? Can you not interact with like minded people and rejoice in that interaction? Why do you feel threatened? These are serious questions, by the way. I am truly interested in your answers.

The people of our world are so diverse, their belief systems, their cultures and the way they handle their families are unique to each. I honestly don't believe that any one choice is superior to all of the others. But that is MY belief. BT

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
women arent what they used to be and men arent what they used to be either. so i guess the question is whats happening to our society? or should i say whats the government doing to our society?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join