It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Have all the Real Women Gone?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
My definition of a real woman? Easy if I can touch her she is real!
I guess I am missing the point, I know you mean that women used to be prim and proper, only speak when spoken too, etc. But is that REALLY what you want? If you had your choice between the prim button up house wife (see “June Cleaver”) or a more modern day slightly independent, outgoing, not afraid of her body type (see “Laura Croft”) who would you pick? I am not talking about the actress mind you but the character portrayed. Forget looks or body type; assume both have your perfect ideal body and face etc. and in fact are the same physical clone. Just on personality alone… Would you really take June Cleaver over Laura croft?

I know I would take the adventurous one. One who will go ride motorcycles with me in the desert, go rock climbing, and SCUBA diving. Is not afraid of her body, and therefore will wear that sexy dress for a night out on the town. I know this for a fact, as I did just that. I grew up in a very conservative area with many prim and proper, yet boring women. However it was not for me. I traveled the world (something like 40 countries) I have lived / worked in. And in the end I married a hot tempered Russian girl that is all about being outgoing and active. She still ensures my house is spotless. She still cooks for me every chance she gets. She is the sexiest woman I have ever seen. She is well educated, and speaks many languages. Has a great sense of humor. I could go on for days about how she is perfect. But it all boils down to she has a personality other than a home appliance. Not to disrespect the conservative prim and proper women, but that is not what I wanted in life, and I dare say if you really think about it you do not either. If you do not enjoy talking to her, and doing things with her, you will not be married long.
Maybe I have misread what is meant by “old fashion” and “Classy” and the other adjectives used in this thread if so I am sorry to have misunderstood. But if to meet your definition, I have to marry June Cleaver, then no I do not agree at all.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by awareness10
Women have been highly suppressed for well Ever.. and to think
that Women couldn't even vote until the 19th C. and weren't
considered human beings/persons until that time. Now, who
made those laws, and who decided that women were subhuman?
Men did. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
they were'nt considered humans? then what were they considered,racoons? so now women have something to prove, that they can be men to www.flickr.com... as compared to this www.recollections.biz...
the proof that is exposed when comparing these two pictures is really,really sad...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by JesusLives
reply to post by kro32

Like it or not when you take God out of human dealings all that you are left with is a whore. It might be a Great Whore, but still a whore.

I've met more Christian whores than Atheist ones....

Just saying.

And if it is just a matter of having God in your life, you should maybe tell that to those pervert whore priests that
molest children.
edit on 19-8-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

This is probably one of the greatest responses in human history
I'm sorry, rather Gods kingdom

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
i1205.photobucket.com...

Unfortunatley, too many women today are like the ones in this image, only out for what they can get.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
edit on 21-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Just had to give the other side of the coin to the other very good post here on ATS.

www.bostern.com...

The women today are far different than years past and some would say their elegance and demeanor has changed from what was once respectable to .... well turn on MTV and you will see the change yourself. Of course there are still very beautiful and intelligent and caring women who deserve the utmost respect but on a whole I have to ask...What Happened to you?

Was it the fault of the men or the fault of the times that changed how women went from the nourturing mother figure to using Lady Gaga as a role model. Is this what the woman's movement was about?

You were correct in posting this on a conspiracy forum, this thread and article are part of that conspiracy. It is the age old conspiracy to oppress and denigrate women, which the article the OP posted certaionly does. I hope all of the misogynists in this thread have actually bothered to read the OP's article.

It was written by a Christian pastor who chose to ask where have all the real women gone? Then he proceeded to post up pictures of two young women from today and begin disparaging their character, showing the women in a negative light, all in the name of the Lord I am sure.

Apparently modern women should be a real woman like Lucille Ball, and Grace Kelly, both rumored to be troubled actresses themselves. What this pastor did was take false images/idols and hold them up for adorement/worship as the perfect woman.

If the irony cannot be tasted here, I give up.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Was it the fault of the men or the fault of the times that changed how women went from the nourturing mother figure to using Lady Gaga as a role model. Is this what the woman's movement was about?

Do you want to hear some irony?
According to research done by the census bureau, 50% of the Caucasian female population, between the ages of 20 and 35, are not getting married. As a result of the feminist movement, women seeking empowerment, females are waiting too late in life to have children. Consequences of waiting too late have caused the Caucasian population to rapidly decline.

On the flip side of the coin, majority of the male population is not attracted to intellectual and empowered females. Even though movies and television say otherwise, the reality is that males are attracted to more feminine females. Males are built with instincts and physical traits that make us efficient hunters, gatherers, and protectors. Females are built with instincts and physical traits that make them efficient nurturers and protectors. Regardless about what we do to change such instincts, they are permanently embedded in the psychological make up of men and women.

I know some of the above sounds sexist, so I apologize for any type of offense people may have.

edit on 8/21/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
real women were lost to feminism. we lost them because feminism became less about empowering women, and more about hating men. ask any guy caught up in a child custody case, where the ex-wife's attorney ROUTINELY accuses the guy of abuse when none occurred, ask any guy falsely accused of harassment, rape, or general creepiness. the hotter the woman, the more she gets away with, and women know and use that. I worked a promotions job with some women a few years back, over heard them talking about some issue she was having with a BF and one of the women said "just claimed he raped you"..they were talking about his money etc..see, we have the idealized woman that is sold to us every day, and then we have real women, who, frankly, are just as capable as any man, if not more so, of any evil act imaginable, with the added bonus of having an excellent chance of getting away with it. ask yourself if, casey anthony would be free if she wasn't a cute white girl with nice tits.

Not #ing likely.
edit on 21-8-2011 by Veilwalker because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-8-2011 by Veilwalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

i have known way too many men through the years that have ended up emotionally hurt and financially ruined by women. women who said they loved them, took the men into their beds, then turned around and dragged them into court so they could have their cake and eat it to and its all because of $$$. the usa leads the world in the amount of divorce, because the united states leads the world in greed...
edit on 20-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)
thats why i said this ^^^ and this > michaelinmi.wordpress.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Men and women alike have been perverted sexually driven animals since the beginning of recorded history. Don't downplay our origin from nature. Spring break teenie boppers is what you get when you throw drugs and bad music into the mix.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Veilwalker

Why males and females are attracted to certain body types:
Actually, men are attracted to females with physical traits geared toward child bearing. While television and movies slam us with petite females, the male population instinctively goes for females with curves. Although the petite physicality can be alluring, males seek counterparts that are more capable of successful child bearing. Larger chest (milk glands) and wider hips (ability to carry a child during pregnancy). We do it automatically.

On the flip side of the spectrum, females seek males with physical traits geared towards protection. As television and movies try to reduce male masculinity, the female population instinctively goes for men with strong torsos. Women seek males that have a physical makeup that ensures the protection and safety of the family unit. Strong upper body. Women do this automatically.

Section31's Part I: Irony of Feminism

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

men wore something much similar to dresses at on time too!!

www.lostseed.com...

oh there's a picture of one there!!!

www.englishmonarchs.co.uk...

newsimg.bbc.co.uk...

and a few more!!

en.wikipedia.org...:Smith-College-Class-1902-basketball-team.jpg

and these girls weren't wearing dresses!!!

www.ebay.com...

although, I can see why some of the men would find this more appealing to them!!

but well, the sad fact is, that there were probably plenty of women who drowned simply because the bulky heavy clothing society dictated that they wear made it danged near impossible to swim in!!!
or garden for that matter, the story I've read about the bloomers was that the lady who created them just wanted something to wear that was less cumbersome in the garden!!!

sorry, I dress for comfort, not to fit into some social stereotypical model or to be more pleasing to some guys on the street...and well, I often joke with the ones I works with telling them if the place burns down I'll be burning with it because I cannot run!! but got to tell ya something,

www.costumesofnashua.com...

a bet I'd get out a window alot faster than anyone dress like this would!

so, let's see, kings, priests, messiahs, hey they all wore something that more resembled dresses....
peasant men didn't but noblemen something did..

my guess is that the gowns that those men wore was to make a statement of their class...
rich and powerful, don't have to do anything myself, have plenty of servants to do it for me....

and then, well, the same concepts......almost...for women,
except that....
they didn't want them doing certain things themselves...like saving their self from drowning in the river!!
or running away from the men...
or, hunting for their own food,
or, earning their own money...
or.....

edit on 21-8-2011 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-8-2011 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
www.associatedcontent.com... if lady gaga was around 100 years ago she would be locked up in an insane asylum

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

can we do that now???

please??????????

pretty please!!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
this is true,i live on the east coast and 90% of women are cold and distant,must be the left over puritan/pilgrim additude >>>answers.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Amazes me all the persons in this thread that say omg where all the real women gone?! ... without a sociology or history degree.

Seems to me that what people really mean to say is ... 'women don't behave the way I want them to.'

What they really seem to want is an oral sex vending machine. Why is the tightness of anyone's jeans anything to do with you? Who cares who wears a dress?!

Did you know Greek men used to wear the color pink voluntarily? Is it that hard to understand that things change?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/70baf7cc8348.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

Originally posted by Pinke
Amazes me all the persons in this thread that say omg where all the real women gone?! ... without a sociology or history degree.

Too bad my answers are based upon a minor in psychology.

Section31's Part I: Irony of Feminism
Section31's Part II: Males and Females: Attraction to Body Types.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Seems to me that what people really mean to say is ... 'women don't behave the way I want them to.'

What they really seem to want is an oral sex vending machine. Why is the tightness of anyone's jeans anything to do with you? Who cares who wears a dress?!

Did you know Greek men used to wear the color pink voluntarily? Is it that hard to understand that things change?

sorry i dont have a degree,i couldnt afford to buy one. too bad i wasnt born in europe where i could go to college for free, although i have learned more on my own and have read hundreds of history books on all kinds of subjects

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

yes, men, you need a degree to speak about women. direct experience, as well as the experiences of our male role models(fathers etc) count for nothing at all. don't believe what we SEE women do, believe what they TELL US we see, but, again, only if you have a degree(and, I assume, miss, you have a list of women-approved universities to obtain this degree?)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

sorry i dont have a degree,i couldnt afford to buy one. too bad i wasnt born in europe where i could go to college for free, although i have learned more on my own and have read hundreds of history books on all kinds of subjects
answers.yahoo.com... ^^^

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join