It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus is the only way to Heaven.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
reply to post by kimish

do you suggest we cherry pick when we want it to be jesus and when we don't ?

i guess that is the only way to understand the bible

toss out what you don't like and accept what you do like

Prove all things, hold fast that which is good, abstain from every form of evil. (Thessalonians 5:21-22)

This is my favorite Bible verse because it gives license to use your own judgement.

i don't understand why god would give us a brain if he did not expect us to use it ?

Never stop using your brain, especially when dealing with ancient texts.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SigilOfLux

. . .he took out sin upon himself when he died on the cross. . .
You posted a lot of verses with little commentary. Then you throw this bit in about sin. Is this the core message of the Gospel to you? Jesus took out sin. What is the practical application of this concept for the believer?
Seems that Jesus went to a lot of trouble to end up with this vague hardly a sentence to summarise all his work.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

Originally posted by seedofchucky
"But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.'""

luke 19:27

What a horrible thing to say as a servant of god

bad role model

jesus can keep his kingdom i don't want part of it

hes mean

Are we absolutely sure that is exactly what Jesus said? or could it be one persons interpretation of what he said?

Actually he did say that.... the problem is this poster didn't read the chapter. He just went looking for a verse that might condem Jesus....

He said this in a the parable of the wicked servant. And was not saying "kill them before me".....The "lord" in this story is the "master of the house"

11And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.

12He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.

etc etc...

Im actually suprised how many people in this thread have no idea what their talking about.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Great thread star & flagged. I hope this will open some peoples eyes that other religious pursuits such as Buddhism/new age/wiccan to name a few will not get you into heaven! They have been warned.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Firstly: What 'Jesus' are we taking about here? There are several interpretation versions presented.

Secondly: The claims made in OP are faithbased, while the thread-title is 'absolute' and can be questioned legitimately from several perspectives.

Thirdly: The claims of needing to 'save' the world are self-proclaimed and self-authorized, and don't seem to care much about the 'world's' say on that matter. I suggest, that if and when the world feels a need to be saved, it will ask. Not have salvation pushed at it.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
Great thread star & flagged. I hope this will open some peoples eyes that other religious pursuits such as Buddhism/new age/wiccan to name a few will not get you into heaven! They have been warned.

Its actually believed in some scholarly circles that Jesus learned much of what he taught in India. Which is where buddhism originated if im not mistaken.

As for wiccan's... Perhaps you've never met a true wiccan before? They're beliefs are much closer to what Jesus taught then most "christian" sects. They love nature, and everything in nature....which includes other people.

And of course, i know many new age teachings that are also the exact teachings that are in the bible.

Jesus taught meditation believe it or not... Prayer is also a form if meditation, just in case you didn't realize that.

Careful what you post my friend.... Thou shall not judge.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

It would be reasonable to expect, that any active religionist already is aware of the potential endstation implied in his/her religion. There's no rational or decent excuse for anyone to interfere with such choices, which are done consciously.

Nominal religionists mostly don't give a bleep about such, which leaves the small group of the uninformed, who NEVER have heard the message of missionary christians before and who potentially could benefit from getting such information.

And these 'uninformed' are expected to be found on this forum.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Its actually believed in some scholarly circles that Jesus learned much of what he taught in India. Which is where buddhism originated if im not mistaken.

As for wiccan's... Perhaps you've never met a true wiccan before? They're beliefs are much closer to what Jesus taught then most "christian" sects. They love nature, and everything in nature....which includes other people.

And of course, i know many new age teachings that are also the exact teachings that are in the bible.

Jesus taught meditation believe it or not... Prayer is also a form if meditation, just in case you didn't realize that.

Prov 12:19
"Truthful lips will be established forever, But a lying tongue is only for a moment."

Heed that warning my friend, your deceitful lies is going to get you a reserve seat in hell.

People can see straight through your false teachings.

We all know that "New Age" is Satanic, Wiccan is witchcraft and buddhism is a false religion.

All things that Jesus condemned!

Meditation is also not the same as prayer...

Be very careful my friend for your falsehoods and bondage of sin will prevent you from having eternal life.

Come to Jesus and study what the bible says!

edit on 17-8-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

There end station is HELL.

Christianity is also not even a religion.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I believe in fighting fire with fire...

"Truthful lips will be established forever, But a lying tongue is only for a moment."

Heed that warning my friend, your deceitful lies is going to get you a reserve seat in hell.

We all know that "New Age" is Satanic, Wiccan is witchcraft and buddhism is a false religion.

Be very careful my friend for your falsehoods and bondage of sin will prevent you from having eternal life.

“Why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye and don’t notice the log in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when you have that log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first throw the log out of your own eye. Then you’ll see clearly enough to take the splinter out of your brother’s eye.” Matthew 7:1-5

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

reply to post by bogomil

There end station is HELL.

Christianity is also not even a religion.

Religion is a collection of cultural systems, belief systems, and worldviews that establishes symbols that relate humanity to spirituality and moral values.[1] Many religions have narratives, symbols, traditions and sacred histories that are intended to give meaning to life or to explain the origin of life or the universe. They tend to derive morality, ethics, religious laws or a preferred lifestyle from their ideas about the cosmos and human nature.

Source

Your argument is invalid.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

You wrote:

["We all know that "New Age" is Satanic, Wiccan is witchcraft and buddhism is a false religion."]

Are you saying:

1/ "I (we) are holier than you", without any explanation?

2/ Do you imply any rational arguments for this?

3/ Do you understand the growing annoyance with christian missioning based on such insulting attitudes? Some of these insults seemingly originating from sheer ignorance of what these other 'religions' are.

4/ Are you aware of increasing egalitarian principles also amongst faiths?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Glass

Do you think i care what wikipedia has to say? do you not know that is edited by the public?

I could go into why Christianity is not a religion, but i will not bother.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Oh dear dear...

First off...quoting the bible will get you no where with me... Read any of my posts... i know the bible.

Second, im not a teacher. Im not here to teach, only to clarify.

Third...

We all know that "New Age" is Satanic, Wiccan is witchcraft and buddhism is a false religion

Whos this "we"... Christians? Anyone you group into this "we" catagory, clearly does not "Know" anything relating to either subject in that statement.

and this

Is just wrong.... simple as that.

You have much to learn my friend. Clearly you know nothing about Wiccans. And yes there are some "new age" teachings that are "satanic"..... but can you really group all of them into that catagory?

I've done my studying, and i did it without the Bias of some religious organization trying to point me in the wrong direction.

Perhaps you need to study Jesus a little more, i know his words. I live by them to the best of my ability every day of my life

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I believe praying is not meditation but a form of it.
Not everyone reaches that state while in prayer or giving praise.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

You wrote:

["We all know that "New Age" is Satanic, Wiccan is witchcraft and buddhism is a false religion."]

Are you saying:

3/ Do you understand the growing annoyance with christian missioning based on such insulting attitudes? Some of these insults seemingly originating from sheer ignorance of what these other 'religions' are.

1. simply put yes.
2. rational argument for what? that wiccan is witchcraft? that's what wicca is silly... -.-
3. truth is truth... buddism at most is a philosophy, it shouldn't be counted on for your eternal salvation. The only way to the father is through Christ Jesus, he said it himself.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by Akragon

I believe praying is not meditation but a form of it.
Not everyone reaches that state while in prayer or giving praise.

Notice i did say "a form of meditation"

Prayer is talking to God...

Meditation is listening to him/her/it

edit on 17-8-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Glass

Do you think i care what wikipedia has to say? do you not know that is edited by the public?

I could go into why Christianity is not a religion, but i will not bother.

The fact that it can be edited by the public does not hurt its credibility. Rather, it reinforces the fact that its contents are accepted by the vast majority of readers. If any falsehood were evident in Wikipedia, it would be quickly rectified by any diligent member of society who happened to be reading that page. And need I mention the fact that nearly everything in Wikipedia is supported by credible sources?

So you are suggesting that Christianity is not a system of beliefs regarding spirituality and moral values? You do not use any symbols, such as your avatar or the crucifix, or have any code of ethics or laws?

Clearly Christianity fills all these criteria; ergo, it is a religion.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Matthew 7:15
"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves."

That is you.

And no not just Christians, anyone that's done there research.

Futhermore i am not part of any "religious organization".

You do not know Jesus... you are really calling him a liar by saying the things you say.

Yes all New age can be classed as satanic... Its all helping to build the kingdom of satan and is all based on occult practices.

Do you know what witchcraft is? Witchcraft is seeking help or guidance from any spiritual source other than God. ALL WITCHCRAFT IS SATANIC.

As for wicca, well i won't even waste my breath. I'll just leave you with what the bible says about it:

Saul died because he was unfaithful to the LORD; he did not keep the word of the LORD and even consulted a medium for guidance,
--1 Chronicles 10:13

When men tell you to consult mediums and spiritists, who whisper and mutter, should not a people inquire of their God? Why consult the dead on behalf of the living?
--Isaiah 8:19

The Egyptians will lose heart, and I will bring their plans to nothing; they will consult the idols and the spirits of the dead, the mediums and the spiritists.
--Isaiah 19:3

I will destroy your witchcraft and you will no longer cast spells.
--Micah 5:12

The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders,
--2 Thessalonians 2:9

I would really suggest you research the true history of wicca:
Here is a good link you can learn from.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

You wrote:

Are you saying:

1. simply put yes.
2. rational argument for what? that wiccan is witchcraft? that's what wicca is silly... -.-
3. truth is truth... buddism at most is a philosophy, it shouldn't be counted on for your eternal salvation. The only way to the father is through Christ Jesus, he said it himself.

1/ And do you expect any kind of results from self-proclaimed, derogating religious authority, except giving it a bad name?

2/ Do you HAVE any (rational arguments). Is it your intention to present them?

3/ How does buddhism being a semi-religion, or in some cases as you say, mostly a philosophy (which isn't quite correct either) make it a 'false' religion.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join