It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus is the only way to Heaven.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glass

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by Glass

Do you think i care what wikipedia has to say? do you not know that is edited by the public?

I could go into why Christianity is not a religion, but i will not bother.

The fact that it can be edited by the public does not hurt its credibility. Rather, it reinforces the fact that its contents are accepted by the vast majority of readers. If any falsehood were evident in Wikipedia, it would be quickly rectified by any diligent member of society who happened to be reading that page. And need I mention the fact that nearly everything in Wikipedia is supported by credible sources?

So you are suggesting that Christianity is not a system of beliefs regarding spirituality and moral values? You do not use any symbols, such as your avatar or the crucifix, or have any code of ethics or laws?

Clearly Christianity fills all these criteria; ergo, it is a religion.

Religion is something that try's to get to God, but Christianity is the exact opposite because it is God getting to man as God knew we could not get to him so he came to us. Christianity is simply a relationship with God almighty no more no less.
edit on 17-8-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Wicca is Pagan Witchcraft... Are you going to try and refute that?

That would be like trying to argue an apple is not a fruit.

Have you actually researched anything that your talking about?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Alrighty, lets see what other reputable sources have to say about the meaning of the word "religion".

Dictionary.com
1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

Christianity fits.

Merriam-Webster Dictionary

1.b: the service and worship of God or the supernatural

Oh, look at that. Christianity fits.

All About Religion
A strong belief in a supernatural power or powers that control human destiny.

The Free Dictionary
a. Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.
b. A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship.

Everyone agrees on the definition of Religion and Christianity just happens to fit all of them.

But of course, majority consensus on the meaning of a word can't possibly be true. Oh, no its up to one blind individual who cannot even get his facts straight to define the word religion.

So enlighten us, oh great mr. random christian, what does religion really mean?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Glass

See above i edited my post and gave reasoning as to why i do not think Christianity should be considered a "religion".

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Why are you so sure that God can reach us only through Jesus?

God is all around us, so can't we find God in nature? Pagans believe so.

God is within us, so can't we find God through inner peace? Buddhists believe so.

So what makes them wrong and you right?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

God is within us, so can't we find God through inner peace? Buddhists believe so.

Because all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and because God is a Just judge the only way to redeem ourselves is through Jesus as he beat temptation, lived a sinless life and payed the price for us.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Because all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and because God is a Just judge the only way to redeem ourselves is through Jesus as he beat temptation, lived a sinless life and payed the price for us.

Kind of weird to see how Christians view atonement. It's just so different from what I believe that I wonder how Jesus lived a sinless life.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

You said God is a just judge...

Would not a just judge evaluate the strength of a person's character, and, being omniscient, know that their efforts in life were based on a desire to be good to their brothers and sisters? Would a just judge condemn a man who sins and does not ask Jesus to forgive him, though he knows that the man does his best to abstain from those sins for his own good?

Put simply; would God judge one by a single arbitrary command, or by the good in one's heart?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I ask these questions because you are a shining example of what the church wants christians to be: devoted, unquestioning followers.

You seem to be quite enamored with your faith. You excell in regurgitating what you have been taught to say in the face of any questions. But I can tell by your long silence in the face of my last question that you are either stumped or have gone off to pray or something.

I'm not trying to convince you to give up your faith, that would be ludicrous. What I want is for people like you to wake up from your trance and actually educate yourself on your own religion. So many of you have no idea what you're saying, very little of it makes any sense. And to put things into perspective, try researching other religions, and read sources that aren't written by fundamentalist christian propaganda artists who are trying to put an evil light on everything they don't agree with!

Wake up, open your eyes. God is closer than you think. Love your brothers and sisters, don't cast them away because of their beliefs.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Only by accepting him as your Lord and Savior can you be saved. No other religious path will get you to God, only Jesus can save you.

OK what that really means is that only by accepting Jesus as your teacher.....etc. What is desired by Jesus in this is that we all follow His example in living. He has no personal wish to be worshiped or anything else. The disciples knew this but since one may follow His example without becoming a Christian the priests of Christianity would suffer losses of followers so the wording has been rearranged to make it sound like being a Christian is necessary before one can enter heaven. It is not. No religion is necessary. But living in the way shown us by Jesus is. See the difference?

This is one of the very unfortunate things about Christianity that creates divisiveness in the world. They seem to insist that we all have to be members of their faith. But which one I may ask. Is it OK to be Catholic? No. Is the answer from so many fundies. See how they cannot even keep their own house in agreement? Yet they dare to preach to the rest of us.
edit on 17-8-2011 by trailertrash because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I believe in fighting fire with fire...

Prov 12:19
"Truthful lips will be established forever, But a lying tongue is only for a moment."

Heed that warning my friend, your deceitful lies is going to get you a reserve seat in hell.

People can see straight through your false teachings.

We all know that "New Age" is Satanic, Wiccan is witchcraft and buddhism is a false religion.

All things that Jesus condemned!

Meditation is also not the same as prayer...

Be very careful my friend for your falsehoods and bondage of sin will prevent you from having eternal life.

Come to Jesus and study what the bible says!

“Why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye and don’t notice the log in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when you have that log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first throw the log out of your own eye. Then you’ll see clearly enough to take the splinter out of your brother’s eye.” Matthew 7:1-5

You should listen to these two sermons by Greg Laurie, he covers that topic. He even uses that same exact verse that you quoted. You should really listen to these to get a better understanding of that. He does a good refutation on how nonChristians don't have a proper understanding of that verse.

The Nonbeliever's Favorite Verse Part 1

The Nonbeliever's Favorite Verse Part 2
edit on 17-8-2011 by SigilOfLux because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SigilOfLux

Thanks but I don't have any audio to listen to it. Is there a written version I can look at?

And my favorite verse as an unbeliever in the christian God is Thessalonians 5:19-22

"Do not quench the Spirit. Do not treat prophecies with contempt but test them all; hold on to what is good, reject every kind of evil."

I keep this in mind whenever I read the bible.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Glass

No transcription but here is a heavily abridged version of it as a devotional www.harvest.org...

The audio sermons cover it much more in depth.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
WOW! I stopped on page 3. I could not read anymore OP bashing. My heart is pumped now....thats for sure. I feel like this thread attracted a bunch of immature adults who really need to learn how to communicate effectively.

Jesus IS the only way.......believe it or not. It is a choice..always has been and always will be.

I see a lot of posters who once thought as I did. Wake up...time is near and you will want to be where the party is at ....not where the stench is. The more you awaken to this reality you will see....time is of the essence on any given day for we are not promised tomorrow. There is too much "feel good" stuff going around and once you get off the "feel good" train you are stuck with reality.

We can debate all day every day until our last breath. Take heed with the ones who have passed on before us. If they came back after being clinically dead for a certain period of time and they tell a story....take heed. Believe what you may...in the end it is a choice and you were warned many times over. You mocked Jesus....made fun of him....and these are the days in which was (Jesus lovers) foreseen.

I am not a "Christian" the only way I will lable myself to a man made term is if and when I have to make a life or death choice to be or not to be.. ( I'm not a follower of any man....only Jesus)

...I am a seeker of God and this journey has lead ME to where I belong. Jesus is the only way. Please be respectful.....you will most assuredly wish you had of been when your last breath is taken.

Maybe your journey will also lead you to a destiny for which you too belong. Choose wisely my friends.

Bash all you want. Laugh...try to be better than the OP....you all come running to lash your tongue out.....it is sooooo not called for.

Love your neighbor as yourself.....because it is the RIGHT thing to do. Regardless of what you believe and or what you do not believe.....can you please choose words that do not make you look so self righteous? Can you choose words that do not make you appear to be selfish and all knowing? Please....do yourself a favor. Next time just do not comment if you have nothing nice to say or at least say it in a way that is not hurtful. Do this...because it is the RIGHT thing to do.

AMEN!!! GO JESUS!!!!! GO GOD!!!!!!! Whooooooo Hooooooo!!!!!!! Lets all get along for CHRISTS SAKE.

oh.....one more thing...... GO JEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

It does seem Christians are always in some form of denial in how to identify themselves. I just believe in HaShem and that is good enough for me.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManOfGod267
reply to post by MamaJ

It does seem Christians are always in some form of denial in how to identify themselves. I just believe in HaShem and that is good enough for me.

Well....I can only say that the way I identify my flesh is through my DNA and my DNA identifies me as Jennifer

My man...My Savior....My ONE and ONLY....well he calls me Jennifer too.

I do not have to call myself anything other than my name (Jennifer) to accommodate anyone....just no need for I do not relate solely with any "Religion" and Jesus never told me I had to.

As far as your belief or non belief.... all I can say is.....OH.....Good for you and good luck with that.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Well you can call me Johnathan then. That's my name say it loud and proud. Do you agree with the others about Jesus? What the others having said Jesus was a sacrifice?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Jesus was a sacrifice?
reply to post by ManOfGod267

Please be more specific...Johnathon.

I am not sure what type of sacrifice you are referring to. I (me, Jennifer) believe he came to set the record straight once and for all and to undo what had been done in the "beginning".

I actually believe a little bit of all Religions. I studied them for a long time and came to find that Jesus was the coolest of all cool. If I am going to follow anyone's message it is His. He is MY Savior!!! He will be the one I see when I take my last breath. He will be the one who will shine his light on my soul and show me my reflection from others point of view. I will follow him to the Hall of Records and see my loved ones who have went home before me.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Well what can I say? I have to ask to know more. Kind of odd twist. What as you a believer of Jesus feel the need for a Jesus? What happened before his birth, during his life, and after. I guess that is asking enough without putting a burden on the question for you.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Matthew 7:15
"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves."

That is you.

And no not just Christians, anyone that's done there research.

Judge me all you want, your words mean nothing to me....

You do not know Jesus... you are really calling him a liar by saying the things you say.

Correction... i don't know YOUR Jesus... the one in the bible i do know. Though you clearly do not... As i've said, judge me all you want.... words from one such as yourself mean nothing.

Yes all New age can be classed as satanic... Its all helping to build the kingdom of satan and is all based on occult practices.

Do you know what witchcraft is? Witchcraft is seeking help or guidance from any spiritual source other than God. ALL WITCHCRAFT IS SATANIC

Yet again, you have no idea what you're talking about.

As for wicca, well i won't even waste my breath.

Probabably better if you don't....

I would really suggest you research the true history of wicca:

Hahaha don't make me laugh!! Reaseaching wiccan history through a website named "Jesus is saviour" ... that couldn't possibly be a bias view could it... While we're at it lets research the history of child development...

we'll start here...

www.walmart.ca...

You know nothing of wiccans, and your ignorance shines through like a beam of light. The same goes for your knowledge of the bible im sure.... as we will see eventually as you continue to post.

But again, please preach on....show the forum your ignorance and hatred...

I love dealing with people like you mainly because your true colours blast through your religious garbage so easily.

Ttys im sure

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join