It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus is the only way to Heaven.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SigilOfLux

He was sent to the lost sheep, the ones that NEEDED him. That's what I take out of it.
I will read up on it later
It's been awhile.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

When was the last time you study the Christian bible? I read the Tanach which is the Hebrew bible and there are many differences from the Christian OT and the Tanach (Hebrew bible).

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
OK guys, listen up. This is the Faith forum. That's the correct forum for topics of this nature. If you have a problem with faith and people of faith, stay out of this forum. Continued posting in this manner WILL get your posts removed and possible action against your account.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SigilOfLux
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. -John 14:6

#1 Tell that to Jews and Muslims as they have the same GOD as Christians. I am sure they would have a few things to say about your statement.

#2 Commenting on the bible is like saying that what happened on Dora The Explorer was relevant.

#3 I believe that Jesus taught that there were a lot of ways into Heaven and he would tell you that you are nutso.... IF he was real.
edit on 8/17/2011 by mudbeed because: (no reason given)

link   
well... I'm not a religious person, but if I had to chose a religion I would chose islam... so what you expect me to answer on this topic?

I think people should learn to respect other's religious views, faiths and embrace them as equals. There isnt "ONE WAY"... and that way surely isnt YOUR way, the way YOU see it. Its how we see life, no matter what religion you have, what your beliefs are that, your values, respect and priorities that make you a good or bad human being.

So... saying that theres only "one way - your way" is not only "limited" and with a very narrow view, but also shows a complete lack of respect for other's religious views.

link   

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

do you suggest we cherry pick when we want it to be jesus and when we don't ?

i guess that is the only way to understand the bible

toss out what you don't like and accept what you do like

this is why the bible will never be for me ..... way to many problems , contradictions , "interpertations" , versions , edits , cuts , additions ,

i don't understand why god would give us a brain if he did not expect us to use it ?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I think Allah would disagree that Jesus is the only way to heaven, along with the numerous other gods. Surely there cannot be more than one creator...who is right?? You, or a muslim, Sikh, Buddist etc??

So that would mean there could only be one heaven. We once again come up against the same problem...who is right??

Then we have the fact that God is supposed to live above the clouds....clearly not as otherwise everyone that has ever been in a plane would have seen him. It doesnt say he lived outside our atmosphere, just above the clouds

Tis all lies my friend

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

They must all of been false prophets to lead us to the hands of the devil himself. Insert sarcasm.

No really, there are so many contradictions it's unbelievable.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mudbeed

Originally posted by SigilOfLux
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. -John 14:6

#1 Tell that to Jews and Muslims as they have the same GOD as Christians. I am sure they would have a few things to say about your statement.

#2 Commenting on the bible is like saying that what happened on Dora The Explorer was relevant.

#3 I believe that Jesus taught that there were a lot of ways into Heaven and he would tell you that you are nutso.... IF he was real.
edit on 8/17/2011 by mudbeed because: (no reason given)

Jews and Muslim don't worship the same God as Christians. They both reject the Trinity. Jews reject Christ completely and Muslims only view him as a prophet. Christians worship God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit as one Godhead.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SigilOfLux

I see! What do you think of the Trinity compared to believing in one God?
Just curious?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
reply to post by kimish

do you suggest we cherry pick when we want it to be jesus and when we don't ?

i guess that is the only way to understand the bible

toss out what you don't like and accept what you do like

this is why the bible will never be for me ..... way to many problems , contradictions , "interpertations" , versions , edits , cuts , additions ,

i don't understand why god would give us a brain if he did not expect us to use it ?

Kind of, sort of. Why would you take words literally that have been changed from generation to generation due to translations and due to suiting peoples ideals at a particular time?

What is wrong with an interpretation if it brings about nothing but positives?
edit on 17-8-2011 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManOfGod267
reply to post by kimish

When was the last time you study the Christian bible? I read the Tanach which is the Hebrew bible and there are many differences from the Christian OT and the Tanach (Hebrew bible).

Of course their are many differences. The Hebrew bible has been translated less, probably. The less translations = less discrepancies. That is why their are differences. Also, people ;that translate and publish the books are capable of rewording things to suit their beliefs.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

reply to post by kimish

Of course their are many differences. THe old testament and the new testament. The Hebrew bible is pretty much the Old testament in the Christian bible. Christians believe in the New testament, hence the name Christianity.

Well there are differences and especially customs Jews practice daily that Christians don't. It's history and how the person views it.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

reply to post by kimish

Of course their are many differences. THe old testament and the new testament. The Hebrew bible is pretty much the Old testament in the Christian bible. Christians believe in the New testament, hence the name Christianity.

Well there are differences and especially customs Jews practice daily that Christians don't. It's history and how the person views it.

I totally agree.
I was raised to believe that the Old testament was pretty much a history lesson. Note I say pretty much. Now do I believe that? I'm on the fence about the whole Canon.
I would like to start reading the books of the Apocrypha. IMO it is better to "go at" something from as many angles and directions as possible. The more you do that the broader the picture you paint.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
To me Christ Jesus is the arrows on the side of the road guiding you in the right direction to where you need to go.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

I agree. That is what i'm doing with Judaism and what people think of Judaism and the religious practices.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join