It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus is the only way to Heaven.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The Lord Jesus Christ said this statement:

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. -John 14:6

Only by accepting him as your Lord and Savior can you be saved. No other religious path will get you to God, only Jesus can save you.

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. -Matthew 7:13-14

Only a few people find this path. We was given the Great Commission to reach all people "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen." -Matthew 28:19-20 Christ laid the duty on every believer to spread the Gospel so people might not perish.

But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man. -Hebrews 2:9

Jesus was put on the cross to suffer and die for eveyone! Because "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" -Romans 3:23 Jesus was the only one without sin, no other religious leader ever claimed that "For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." -2nd Corinthians 5:21 He is the only one to walk sinless on this earth and he took out sin upon himself when he died on the cross so we could have eternal life.

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. -Corinthians 1:18

People of this world mock the cross because they live in darkness "And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not." -John 1:5 they are the ones who walk the broad path that leads to destruction. Only those who take the narrow way shall be saved from eternal torment. "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire." -Revelation 20:15 and "And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth" -Matthew 13:42

Those who accept Christ have great hope for "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away." -Revelation 21:4 we shall have no more death and pain. We will be new creations free from suffering.

We will live in the new Heaven and new Earth in the glory of God forever and ever. Amen.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Well, o.k then. What is the point of all this? I can say I seen you on Yahoo Answers! in the past. There is no doubting that or at least a Christian who post the same message. What can you see made you start this thread. Just curious. Not a Christian and not looking to be a Christian. But I'm curious.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I see.

Does all that count for the murdering sons of # that like to beat their children to death with a rod? Or stone people to death etc? I guess it does if you say sorry?

Teach all nations. would that be /insert crusade here?

No more death or sorrow? Look around pal, many people suffer regardless of their beliefs.

edit on 17/8/11 by David291 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

I wrote my own post thank you very much. Don't go making false accusations. You're link also doesn't work.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
TL,DR. Heard it all before anyways. There is no greater falsehood than this.

1. There is no Heaven.

2. God is all around us. To say that Jesus is the only way to God is blind and ignorant. Open your eyes. We are all a part of God, he does not play favorites.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
reply to post by SigilOfLux

Did you get banned off a religious forum or something?

Why did you bother posting this?

Because people need to hear about the Gospel to be saved.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I am a believer in Christ Jesus, I grew up in a family that is religious. My mother and her 12 brothers and sisters grew up going to church twice on sundays on once on wednesdays. I have family members that are missionaries to spread the word and convert (which I don't believe in because you should not push religion on others and I feel that many missionaries do, the intentions are good but wrong IMO)
They say that if you don't believe in Christ you can not go to Heaven. But, what about the peoples that have never heard of him? Many Christians believe that the people that have never heard of him won't enter Heaven. I don't believe it. I think it is wrong.
I believe that Christ Jesus was given to the peoples of the world that needed him at the time. The peoples of the world that lived materialistic lives. The peoples that did not live righteously. Now take the peoples that have never heard of Christ. Maybe Christ was not given to them because they already were living the "right" way. They didn't need Christ to make themselves right with the creator because they are already on the right path. They werent' materialistic nor did they rape the lands. I often think of the Native Americans and Aboriginal peoples from all over the world. They, for the most part, live good lives. They honor each other and do not rape the lands. They are not materialistic.

And for the most part, regardless if some groups believe in many gods or dietys the one thing they all have in common is they believe in 1 ultimate creator. One higher power above all. Christians call it God and Muslims call it Allah.
edit on 17-8-2011 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

link   

You are wrong mr relegious guy, The true way to jesus is any way at all, everybody goes to heaven, there is no hell.. thats only a place thats been invented to make people like you affraid so you do anything in the name of jesus, affraid you go to hell if you dont belive enough in the allmighty. dont be affraid no more mr relegious guy, there is a heaven for you to, even if you spam forums with relegious momble jumbo

link   

Then I must have seen you on Yahoo Answers! Trust me! I always see you or another member posting the same comment non-stop and it is always deleted.

link   

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SigilOfLux
The Lord Jesus Christ said this statement:

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. -John 14:6

Only by accepting him as your Lord and Savior can you be saved. No other religious path will get you to God, only Jesus can save you.

Another popular Christian talking point. You were able to save yourself and obtain righteousness by following God's law, believing, and repenting of your sins in the OT.

Only a few people find this path. We was given the Great Commission to reach all people "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen." -Matthew 28:19-20 Christ laid the duty on every believer to spread the Gospel so people might not perish.

Unless you did not accept the message that was preached; then those lovely Christians would torture and kill you.

But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man. -Hebrews 2:9

How does the Supreme Being make himself lower than his creation?

Jesus was put on the cross to suffer and die for eveyone! Because "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" -Romans 3:23 Jesus was the only one without sin, no other religious leader ever claimed that "For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." -2nd Corinthians 5:21 He is the only one to walk sinless on this earth and he took out sin upon himself when he died on the cross so we could have eternal life.

More empty talking points. Jesus did in fact sin; he undermind God's food laws and told a man to not bury his father, which is tradition, and that he should come follow Jesus instead.

People of this world mock the cross because they live in darkness "And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not." -John 1:5 they are the ones who walk the broad path that leads to destruction. Only those who take the narrow way shall be saved from eternal torment. "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire." -Revelation 20:15 and "And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth" -Matthew 13:42

So all those who place a blind eye to reason and logic walk in darkness. Gotcha!

Those who accept Christ have great hope for "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away." -Revelation 21:4 we shall have no more death and pain. We will be new creations free from suffering.

We will live in the new Heaven and new Earth in the glory of God forever and ever. Amen.

For a man who preached love thy neighbor, he sure does talk a lot about death of non-believers and annihilating all mankind just to take his followers back.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I believe in Jesus, but I don't believe he is the only way into heaven. I also don't believe in your idea of a so called 'heaven'. Let me ask you a few things that I have been wanting to ask for a while.

The bible says all children go to heaven, because they are innocent. At what point does a child lose his innocence? 13? 57? Who are you to say that we are not all Children before god?

If god really and truly is our Creator, why would a Father destroy and neglect his children? There is no way that a being of infinite creativity and love has the ability to care about what we do in this short, fleeting life. It's simply ludicrous.

You see, I used to be Christian like you. Heck, I still even go to church occasionally because I like the people. But I realized long ago that we are not put in this world to judge others, and spread outdated religious dogma. A little thing called spiritual maturity has helped me right the many wrongs in my life, and believing in Jesus isn't what got me there. Following in his Loving footsteps is.

If you really want to try and change the world, then do so by spreading Love and Light wherever you can. Try and bring Heaven to earth instead of being so concerned about life after death. Stop being so selfish and change someones life for the better for once.

Namaste

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

To be saved? This Jesus does really sound like D#. He does nothing, for anyone. Even if what you all make out he did was true. It didn't help the human race one bit, didly squat. Noone got anything from it.

I suppose this children born to die or starve deserve hm? No help from their all loving God? To me it sounds like we need saving from them

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Those who don't hear the Gospel perish in Hell. It's out duty to spread the Gospel so people won't perish.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

What if the gospel goes against our faith? I'm Jewish and I believe strongly in HaShem and the Torah. As well keeping the laws. Everything in the gospel goes against my beliefs.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I believe in the Gospels. and I hear them even though they have been manipulated over the centuries through translation errors and ignorance. The Gospels changed my life, particulary the book of Mathew
. The book of Mathew has many valuable life lessons. It helped me be more tolerant of others, which i think was a huge point in Jesus sermons.

But, while in the middle east was Christ also preaching and spreading the word to the peoples of Australia, Canada, Peru? Get my point? I get yours but I don't truly believe it.

edit on 17-8-2011 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ManOfGod267

I guess you deserve a stoning?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join