It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus is the only way to Heaven.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SigilOfLux

Whoa, hold on there. I'm a Missionary Baptist and my church at least is not like that, do not blame the whole for what a few have done or you are just as wrong as they are.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SigilOfLux

What about dressing up like Jesus and sneaking in around 3am?

I'm talking professional, Hollywood grade costume & makeup here.....

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX

I suspect this information will not be forthcoming because you are lying to cover your tracks.

I have not responded because I have no idea what it is that you are imagining.
I already explained everything to you but you seem not able to grasp the simplest of concepts.
You did this last night and I found RevelationGeneration doing the same thing today, which is making up lines that superficially appear as if they are Bible verses but the meanings have been changed.
Your post included this as the introduction:

Anybody that denies that Jesus Christ is the son of God has the spirit of the antichrist. May God have mercy on their souls.

Woe to those that actively go out of their way to preach against Christ.

I said it seems similar to 1John 2:22 but in the real verse such as the NIV says:

Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist--he denies the Father and the Son.
Which to me means that when you deny the son, you are also denying the Father who testified of him.
You can go to this web page and read 17 versions of the verse.
bible.cc...

ETA: John 5:37a And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me.
Matthew 3:17 And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased."
edit on 18-8-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

I suspect this information will not be forthcoming because you are lying to cover your tracks.

I have not responded because I have no idea what it is that you are imagining.
I already explained everything to you but you seem not able to grasp the simplest of concepts.
You did this last night and I found RevelationGeneration doing the same thing today, which is making up lines that superficially appear as if they are Bible verses but the meanings have been changed.
Your post included this as the introduction:

Anybody that denies that Jesus Christ is the son of God has the spirit of the antichrist. May God have mercy on their souls.

I said it seems similar to 1John 2:22 but in the real verse such as the NIV says:

Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist--he denies the Father and the Son.
Which to me means that when you deny the son, you are also denying the Father who testified of him.
You can go to this web page and read 17 versions of the verse.
bible.cc...

Jesus testified about God. If you deny Jesus, then you deny the Father. This is the spirit of the antichrist.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Jesus testified about God. If you deny Jesus, then you deny the Father. This is the spirit of the antichrist.
The verse does not say what you posted a day ago, that's my point.
The verse says to deny that Jesus is the Christ.
There is another verse, 2John 1:7 Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

To me it is more an emphases on this man being the Christ than anything to do with with his God status.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

The verse does not say what you posted a day ago, that's my point.
The verse says to deny that Jesus is the Christ.
There is another verse, 2John 1:7 Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

To me it is more an emphases on this man being the Christ than anything to do with with his God status.

What are you talking about?

I posted the verse in it's entriety and you claimed that I had misquoted it.

Please stop speaking rubbish.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Please stop speaking rubbish
Here is the link to your post on page 7 of this thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Here is what I quoted from you post which you do not address but keep referring to something you quoted later after I asked you about it.

You make this claim, but by what authority do you do this?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Please stop speaking rubbish
Here is the link to your post on page 7 of this thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Here is what I quoted from you post which you do not address but keep referring to something you quoted later after I asked you about it.

You make this claim, but by what authority do you do this?

That is merely my commentary on the verse that I quoted:

1JN 4:1 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

To back it up:

JN 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."

2PE 2:1 But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves. Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.

Could it possibly be any more clear?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

It looks like you making a pronouncement, then throwing in some "backup". Like what you did just now.
I does not look like a commentary since that would normally follow the quoting of the verse you are commenting on. Instead, as I mentioned earlier, it looks like you are claiming authority to rewrite the Bible.
I took it as a personal threat to me when you first posted it. Now you are quoting 2Peter about people secretly introducing false doctrine. I suggest you check yourself in this regard.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

It looks like you making a pronouncement, then throwing in some "backup". Like what you did just now.
I does not look like a commentary since that would normally follow the quoting of the verse you are commenting on. Instead, as I mentioned earlier, it looks like you are claiming authority to rewrite the Bible.
I took it as a personal threat to me when you first posted it. Now you are quoting 2Peter about people secretly introducing false doctrine. I suggest you check yourself in this regard.

I now give up on you entirely. I hope people can understand why I will ignore your post's from here on in.

At least I quote the bible.

You speak rubbish and behave like your word is gospel.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

I now give up on you entirely. I hope people can understand why I will ignore your post's from here on in.

At least I quote the bible.

You speak rubbish and behave like your word is gospel.
I quote the Bible too, and so what?
I don't take a verse and then rewrite it to say something the opposite to what it meant, then threaten people with damnation if they do not take heed to your fixed-up version.
I look at verses in their context and look at the meanings of the words and the point the writer was making, then give my interpretation of it and people can accept it, or they can give their own interpretation for consideration. You act as if you have a private connection for revelation to where you can dictate what others must believe. I understand that this is the foundation of your sect, so I am pointing it out in action.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Salvation through desire? That's what it sounds like to me.

It doesn't matter what it sounds like to you or me. Scripture alone matters.

"And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved." 2 Thessalonians 2:10

So yes, redemption is found in loving the truth in God.

God is far away and is not here being all sharing of His personality. We are really far far way from having that sort of relationship.

This is diametrically opposed to what Scripture says.

"For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;" Ephesians 2:18-19

We have access to the Father through Jesus by faith by the Spirit. We are no longer strangers according to Scripture. This is a far cry from your original statement that God is far, far away - too far to share an intimate relationship with Him. According to His Word, we can and do.

"Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God." Romans 5:2-1

Thankfully, due to the redemptive work of Jesus, we are now at peace with God and have access to Him through Jesus by faith.

Joshua said that in his speech to the congregation of Israel something like, You can not serve God because he is holy and you are not. In the mean time, stay away from serving other gods.
God sent his Son who is from among us, to explain in a way understandable to us, what God was like.

Jesus is NOT from among us. Jesus SAID He was not from among us.

"And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world." John 8:23

What God wants from us is to become holy so we can eventually have a personal relationship with God.

You've got the process inverted. It is through a relationship with God that we become holy through a process of sanctification. Without an extant relationship with God, becoming holy is an impossibility.

There are lots of false gods who want to cozy up to us but allowing them only takes us further away from that God who keeps His distance in order to not destroy us in our wicked condition.

If we were to stand before God IN HIS FULLNESS before receiving our glorified bodies, then we would perish instantly. However, this does not mean we cannot have an intimate relationship with Him through the Spirit by faith in Jesus. Please see above quoted Scriptures for further insight.
edit on 19-8-2011 by followtheevidence because: quotation error

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by followtheevidence

What you say makes sense to me. In my rebellious years, i was far away from God, and i became depraved and fell into despair. Last january though, the holy spirit called me back from the brink. I was approaching a point that for me was the point of no return but i heeded its call. First came the desire to know God more, so i started going back to church after 14 years on my own. I learned how to forgive, when i had been consumed by hate and anger, and i learned how to love and just let things be as they were. I wanted to find the peace that my tormented soul never had, and that peace came from Jesus.

Some people say Jesus never existed, but just because his real name was Yeshua (Jesus was the greek version of his name) does not mean that he didn't exist, the name translates regardless to who you pray to because in your mind and heart you are praying to the same savior.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by followtheevidence

"and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved."

The gift of God is the love of the truth which is to not live in the wickedness of the sinful culture of the world.

"for through Him we both have our access in one Spirit to the Father. So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God’s household,"

The Greeks and the Jews receive the exact same spirit which comes from God, regardless of race, nationality or former religious affiliation, to be household members, which is, in the sense of the metaphor, someone who could be the maid the butler and the gardener, not necessarily the person who goes to bed with the owner.

"Therefore, since we have been declared righteous by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in the hope of God’s glory."

We have access to God's grace because of the righteousness of Jesus.

"And He was saying to them, "You are from below, I am from above; you are of this world, I am not of this world."

Jesus went to preach in the temple and was confronted by the temple priesthood who questioned his authority. Jesus was saying his authority came from Heaven, while theirs did not.

It is through a relationship with God that we become holy through a process of sanctification. Without an extant relationship with God, becoming holy is an impossibility.
Right. When we are sanctified, then we can get close to God. The relationship is with the Spirit which guides us into a life that is not of the type presented to us by the deceptive pervasive culture of sin which caries with it a rationale for why we should accept it.

edit on 19-8-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

You obviously have read, studied, learned nothing at all about wicca/ witchcraft, and for that I do feel sorry for you.
You are just spewing ignorance, when you do not take the time to learn anything about that which you speak.

Let me give you a place to start.
Witchcraft
From the term Wisecraft
A practitioner of the craft of healing, as in herbal medicine.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

I wouldn't worry about it honestly.... his ignorance is quite evident. Not to mention the fact that he can't answer simple questions asked by logical/rational people.

I've been waiting for any answer since page 7

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join