It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus is the only way to Heaven.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Isn't there anywhere left where i'm able to get away from Christians yammering about Hell and salvation? I'd think a site full of critical thinkers would be the last place you'd go to sell this spiritual snake oil.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtap66
Isn't there anywhere left where i'm able to get away from Christians yammering about Hell and salvation? I'd think a site full of critical thinkers would be the last place you'd go to sell this spiritual snake oil.

The music section?

thats my best guess bro

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Wiccans are some of the most deceived people ive met. In all probability, not a single element of the Wiccan story is true. Why bother arguing with me? You apart of an occult religion and we both know where you will end up. There is a literal HELL the book of revelation makes this very clear as it says Satan will be sent there for 1000 years after the battle of Armageddon. You are a deceiver and a liar.

How dare you call Christianity a religion... STOP LIEING.

The Bible has nothing good to say about religion. Jesus Christ, Who was God in the flesh (1st Timothy 3:16), never started a religion. Jesus started the church, but it wasn't meant to be a religion.

Of course, no religion can save your soul. Religion never could get anyone into heaven. Jesus clearly proclaimed in John 14:6 that He Himself is the ONLY Way into heaven..."Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

Salvation is not found in any religion, but in a Person The Lord Jesus Christ! The "Gospel" (good news) of Jesus Christ teaches: Jesus died, was buried, and rose again for our justification (1st Corinthians 15:1-4). If we simply admit to God that we are a sinner, and then believe upon the Lord Jesus Christ to forgive our sins...we will be saved (1st John 1:9; Acts 16:31; Romans 10:13).

all of the New Age beliefs and occult practices are based upon these basic principles of demonology. Yoga, acupuncture, Holistic health, Hypnotism, Feng Shui (and hundreds of other demonic practices)...are all attempts to manipulate the energies of Yin and Yang. Wicca recognizes the powers of Yin and Yang as well. Wicca (often called "goddess worship") particularly pays attention to "Yin," the female aspect of the universe. Yin is represented by the moon, hence the Wiccans infatuation with the moon (the female goddess). The sun is representative of Yang, the male aspect.

All of these teaching are NOT based upon the Bible, but upon the works of darkness.

witchcraft is a great SIN and you will be judged accordingly...

The bottom line is that Wicca is witchcraft and the Word of God condemns partaking of it...

To deny the existence of Satan is to deny the Word of God and Christianity altogether.

I'm done with you my friend, you know what your partaking in is wrong and you know where it will lead you.

The door's of the lord will always be open for you if you decide to change your wicked ways...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

oh no...i don't believe in hell. i'm just saying. half of His teachings have been twisted and raped by the church. i don't agree with the majority of interpretations of His teachings. most preachers make them sound so hollow. giving them some kind of skin deep meaning.

no no...i believe you and i are on the same wavelength. i remember you..

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Wiccans are some of the most deceived people ive met. In all probability, not a single element of the Wiccan story is true.

In all probablility this statement shows how many wiccans you've "probably" met. Maybe you could point out which "story" you might be refering to?

Why bother arguing with me? You apart of an occult religion and we both know where you will end up.

Probably because i enjoy discussing the bible with people that don't understand it. Im not part of any religion, nor do i practice witchcraft, but i have done the research unlike yourself. I don't run around pointing out verses in the bible to figure out whats wrong and whats right. Though when im in doubt Jesus is my reference point.

There is a literal HELL the book of revelation makes this very clear as it says Satan will be sent there for 1000 years after the battle of Armageddon. You are a deceiver and a liar.

Believe whatever you like...

Heres your hell...

There appear to be many passages which would make hell appear to be a place of non-existence. For many years, Christians held the belief that hell is a place of fiery torment. A place where the dead receive their just punishment. Luke 16:23-31 speaks of a rich man who went into hell and looked up to heaven and spoke with Abraham, asking him to ease his suffering. Another passage; Matthew 13:42 states “And throw them into the furnace and burn them.” Certainly these passages are frightening and noteworthy. Instilling in us a fear of eternal torture and punishment for our wrong doings in life.Often ignored and overlooked are two things: the history and deeper meanings of these passages, and the passages which clearly refer to hell as a place of non-existence and bodily decay. To examine further some of the passages referring to hell as a place of torment, let us consider the following passages.

A word often used in scripture in reference to hell is Gehenna. Gehennas' true meaning has been forgotten by the passage of time. Gehenna was a well-known location in the time of Christ. Contrary to popular belief, Gehenna was not a place of other worldly fiery torment. Gehenna was a location just outside of Jerusalem.

Gehenna was a garbage dump. Used by Jews of the time to get rid of, or destroy things. Gehenna was a place to cast ones garbage, dead and diseased bodies, the bodies of criminals, and other refuse. In order to ensure complete and utter destruction, the Jews kept the fires of Gehenna always burning. Often fueling the fires with sulfur.
www.sciforums.com...

Et cetera ..................E t c e t e r a...

Just more lies from Ol Akragon though rite?

How dare you call Christianity a religion... STOP LIEING.

I dare....

The Bible has nothing good to say about religion.

1 point...

Jesus Christ, Who was God in the flesh

Lost the point...

Show me where Jesus himself said he was God.

16And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Not his words.... I believe this was Paul.

Of course, no religion can save your soul. Religion never could get anyone into heaven. Jesus clearly proclaimed in John 14:6 that He Himself is the ONLY Way into heaven..."Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

So heres where it gets interesting.... What is "the truth, the way, and the life".... Define it.

all of the New Age beliefs and occult practices are based upon these basic principles of demonology. Yoga, acupuncture, Holistic health, Hypnotism, Feng Shui (and hundreds of other demonic practices)...are all attempts to manipulate the energies of Yin and Yang. Wicca recognizes the powers of Yin and Yang as well. Wicca (often called "goddess worship") particularly pays attention to "Yin," the female aspect of the universe. Yin is represented by the moon, hence the Wiccans infatuation with the moon (the female goddess). The sun is representative of Yang, the male aspect.

I would let those who practice these things defend themselves... though i have read a bit about each of those concepts. Somehow i doubt you could say the same all things considered.... though again i may be wrong.

witchcraft is a great SIN and you will be judged accordingly...

Why would you assume i am a witch? I happen to know a little about physics and chemistry as well, does that make me a physicist or a chemist?

The bottom line is that Wicca is witchcraft and the Word of God condemns partaking of it...

That is your bottom line, which you may find some oppositon.

My bottem line is the bible is not the word of God...(though "it" may be found in its contents) SOOOO... that means you are no authority on "the word of God"...

And as far as i can tell, you still have some searching to do before you find said Word.

To deny the existence of Satan is to deny the Word of God and Christianity altogether.

I deny christianity because they do not know their Christ. Thank Gandhi for that one

But im sure hes nothing but another demon to you..

I'm done with you my friend, you know what your partaking in is wrong and you know where it will lead you.

The door's of the lord will always be open for you if you decide to change your wicked ways...

Actually I was done with you about here...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

But for conversation sake i kept responding. I rather enjoy pulling out the "demons" in people.... Let the true colors fly... ye know

Btw im not invited to your Gods' party... we don't see eye to eye.

edit on 17-8-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-8-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SigilOfLux

The Lord Jesus Christ said this statement:.....We will live in the new Heaven and new Earth in the glory of God forever and ever. Amen.
What if the Lord Jesus Christ didn't say those things, the Bible is just a book written by man?

What if Jesus in fact isn't the only way to heaven, because heaven doesn't even exist? What if when our brain shuts off we don't live on in a land of clouds, but are dead?

What if one of the dozens of other religions are actually right, and yours is wrong?

What if those quotations that you used as proof that only through Jesus can we reach heaven are actually just words from a book of fairy tales?

edit on 17-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Amen, brother

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Those who don't hear the Gospel perish in Hell. It's out duty to spread the Gospel so people won't perish.
What about mentally retarded people who are incapable of understanding the "Gospel", do they burn in hell and get tortured for eternity?

What about people who never hear a single word about the Bible and the "Gospel" in their life, do they too burn in hell forever even though they didn't even get a chance to hear about it?

What if somebody grows up where their peers and family members are all a member of one religion, and the idea of worshiping another God is unheard of to them so they don't take the "Gospel" as truth?

What if somebody is the nicest, most charitable person who feeds the homeless, always puts others first, has never broken a law, and ends up fixing several problems in the world from world hunger to curing diseases to ending all wars, but is an atheist. Will they not get into heaven even though they did all of those good things?

I think there are some serious flaws in that line of thinking, don't you agree that it would be unfair if a person is punished for not believing in something that they have never even heard of in their life?

I can't imagine that a "just God" would judge somebody based on whether or not they acknowledged his existence when there are dozens of other competing Gods, I think it would make sense that a God would judge you based on how you view the world and issues, how you treat others, what you did with your life, and stuff like that.

But I don't think whether or not you read a book and said "I accept you as my savior!" or whatever determines if you should be tortured for eternity.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

The Lord Jesus Christ said this statement:.....We will live in the new Heaven and new Earth in the glory of God forever and ever. Amen.
What if the Lord Jesus Christ didn't say those things, the Bible is just a book written by man?

What if Jesus in fact isn't the only way to heaven, because heaven doesn't even exist? What if when our brain shuts off we don't live on in a land of clouds, but are dead?

What if one of the dozens of other religions are actually right, and yours is wrong?

What if those quotations that you used as proof that only through Jesus can we reach heaven are actually just words from a book of fairy tales?

Have you ever studied the paranormal? I have and i can definately tell you that there is something beyond death. I've seen objoects go flying across my kitchen for no reason at all and nothing that could be debunked scientifically. I've heard footsteps run across my floor on 2 occasions and no one has been there. I've felt presences in the same room with me, heard someone walk up behind me and turn around only to see no one there. Sometimes when my wife takes showers, she sees someone standing outside the shower door and think its me, except i'm at the other end of the house in my study. I have been scratched, slapped,choked and laughed at by something i couldn't even see. I've had colleagues at my university give me a psyche-eval to make sure i'm not schizophrenic and had a battery of other tests run on me, MRI's x-rays etc.

When you see objects go flying of their own accord and for no discernable reason that can be proved by science, you can't say there is nothing on the other side. All this stuff happened to me and i am a christian. If you don't believe in the after life? I advise you to take up paranormal studies, but take care because sometimes those entities can follow you home and the strong ones may even try to kill you.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Have you ever studied the paranormal? I have and i can definately tell you that there is something beyond death. I've seen objoects go flying across my kitchen for no reason at all and nothing that could be debunked scientifically. I've heard footsteps run across my floor on 2 occasions and no one has been there. I've felt presences in the same room with me, heard someone walk up behind me and turn around only to see no one there. Sometimes when my wife takes showers, she sees someone standing outside the shower door and think its me, except i'm at the other end of the house in my study. I have been scratched, slapped,choked and laughed at by something i couldn't even see. I've had colleagues at my university give me a psyche-eval to make sure i'm not schizophrenic and had a battery of other tests run on me, MRI's x-rays etc.
Good point, the paranormal definitely gives the afterlife a bit of validity. However why does it necessarily have to be the afterlife? Maybe it's extra-dimensional entities screwing around with us 3D life forms? Who knows what causes those things, but that alone isn't enough to convince me of an afterlife.

Near death experiences used to be something that really had me on board, hearing stories of people who were dead for several minutes and experiencing a white light, seeing people, and stuff like that had me believing in the afterlife. Then I found out what really caused those things: '___', an extremely powerful hallucinogenic drug that the brain releases in massive amounts right before death.

When you see objects go flying of their own accord and for no discernable reason that can be proved by science, you can't say there is nothing on the other side. All this stuff happened to me and i am a christian. If you don't believe in the after life? I advise you to take up paranormal studies, but take care because sometimes those entities can follow you home and the strong ones may even try to kill you.
I'll keep my eye out for those guys, thanks for the warning

No but I've had a few strange encounters of my own. The first one is pretty lame, but whatever.

Sometimes late at night I would see what look like a shadow underneath my door, as if somebody on the other side of the door is walking by, that's exactly what it looked like, so I figured it was my dog or something. One night when I saw it again I whipped open the door real fast and nothing was there.

Then another time, when we first moved into our current home, we had a blender that turned on in the middle of the night by itself when we were sure that it was unplugged earlier.

That's about all I got...still, nowhere near conclusive proof of an afterlife, but it's a good start.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

I can't imagine that a "just God" would judge somebody based on whether or not they acknowledged his existence when there are dozens of other competing Gods, I think it would make sense that a God would judge you based on how you view the world and issues, how you treat others, what you did with your life, and stuff like that.
God tells you what you should or shouldn't do but that knowledge will go away if you shut it off so you can do what is not right and not have that guilty sort of feeling.
The Gospel is to tell people there is a good reason to be good that goes beyond this life we have right now and that the world itself will end and we will by necessity have to look for a world to come.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
Religion is something that try's to get to God, but Christianity is the exact opposite because it is God getting to man as God knew we could not get to him so he came to us. Christianity is simply a relationship with God almighty no more no less.]

So Christianity isn't a religion, it's a relationship?

Come to Jesus and study what the bible says!

If Christianity isn't a religion, then why are you trying to convert us to Christianity?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Only by accepting him as your Lord and Savior can you be saved. No other religious path will get you to God, only Jesus can save you.

This is the exact quote as to why i will never ever again affiliate myself with Christianity or any religion for that matter.. Do you have any idea how ignorant that post is?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
There are the (Jesus myth theories)..........which I find to be interesting. I am not saying I agree with them...but here they are: en.wikipedia.org...

But what about historical evidence of the existence of Jesus from non-christian sources....

Link: www.probe.org...

Is Jesus really the only way to heaven....you decide.
edit on 17-8-2011 by caladonea because: add more

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Anybody that denies that Jesus Christ is the son of God has the spirit of the antichrist. May God have mercy on their souls.

Woe to those that actively go out of their way to preach against Christ.

1JN 4:1 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

The spirit of the antichrist will eventually manifest itself in the flesh.

2TH 2:5 Don't you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things? And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders, and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
One thing I have Always Wondered regarding Christianity is it's childish need to Proclaim itself the Sole Answer to Human problems.

Even as a small child I saw the Arrogance and selfish Elitism this mindset Produces as the product of Buying into this type propaganda. It is Self Serving to the Priesthood, '''Church"" and Assorted Preachers of the Good Word.

To me this is a sign of a warped sense of what the Religion of Jesus was meant to be by Jesus himself. I don't think he would be found at the Vatican or any of these Multimillion dollar Churches. Or would he be found here preaching nonsense to Critical and Logical thinkers like most here on ATS,,, (well some of us anyway)

Jesus called himself the Son of Man.

Possible Humanist leanings of Jesus Hidden by the '''Church""?

Strange unwavering dull people who could change the World by Action if they really understood what Jesus said.

But Instead Scream WORSHIP

I think the 'real' God would prefer doers instead of "Preachers"
Seems a bit like Idol Worship of teen age girls following the latest Movie Star.

Be the Change you Wish to See in the World.
and Please wear your seat belt when you aren't thinking logically.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

This is my answer to all this. First, get the Name right, and then you may be on your path to eternal life. Jesus is a false name made by man in the past 400 years, and Jehovah is a mis-translation. Its Yahuwah our Heavenly Father, and Yahuwshuwah our Messiah. We worship a Hebrew Messiah and no other. Read my thread for more info.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
Ok great so you just believe in some imaginary character you made up in your head.

The irony is strong in this one.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtap66

The (fire and brimstone) preaching is very annoying... but...it is here to stay. ATS (as we all know) has spiritual and religion forums where people can create threads

Once is a while I will read one...and add my 25 cents worth.

I suggest...just not reading them if they annoy you to an extreme place of annoyance.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Good point, the paranormal definitely gives the afterlife a bit of validity. However why does it necessarily have to be the afterlife? Maybe it's extra-dimensional entities screwing around with us 3D life forms? Who knows what causes those things, but that alone isn't enough to convince me of an afterlife. Near death experiences used to be something that really had me on board, hearing stories of people who were dead for several minutes and experiencing a white light, seeing people, and stuff like that had me believing in the afterlife. Then I found out what really caused those things: '___', an extremely powerful hallucinogenic drug that the brain releases in massive amounts right before death.

This guy knows whats up keep eating that big Kahuna burger.. That is a really good observation and something i have thought of myself.. I bet you have watched some of Joe Rogans videos right?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join