It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those We Call Cavemen Were All That Remained Of Humanity After The Last Time We Destroyed Ourselves

page: 71
<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainLJB
The various sites I've visited searching for Adam's Bridge on the internet refer to people who have studied the bridge and they claim it's a man-made construct.

This is what I'm interested in. How do they know it's man-made? Are there any reliable sources for this, or is it all just sites on the internet? Have you found any counter-arguments that dispute its artificial provenance?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by wirehead

This site www.ramayanaresearch.com... has this:

"A former Director of the Geological Survey of India,
S. Badrinarayanan claims that such a natural formation would be impossible; He justifies the same by the presence of loose sands layer under corals for entire stretch. Corals normally form above rocks.” He feels that thorough analysis was not conducted by Geological Survey of India before undertaking SSCP project. In connection with the canal project, the Madras High Court in its verdict stated that the Rama Sethu is a man-made structure. Geological and archaeological findings of Teri formations, rich assemblage of Mesolithic-Microlithic tools and human fossils found on both sides of the bridge by Department of Earth-Science in March 2007 are also quoted as evidence for manmade structure."

Among others. Naturally though many can't accept such a concept and for everyone who says it's man-made, there's someone to say it's a natural formation. Much depends on which part of the bridge is being dated: the coral, the beach, the bridge under the coral etc. The 1.7 million year old figure is the hairiest of all--I don't know where that comes from, aside from maybe the first human inhabitants occupying that area, for other sources say the bridge is a few thousand years to 6,000 or more years.

Here's a guy who says he'll resign if it's proven to be man-made:
www.indianexpress.com...
But of course he's some Union Minister of Shipping, Road Transport and Highways--and has a stake in redeveloping the area, so what do you expect.

The bottom line is this: Ancient Indian writings make reference to this huge bridge being built--and NASA finds this curious coral construct which "it's curvature suggests man-made". The same Indian sources speak of an ancient nuclear war (which of course they don't Call it that since there was no word for "nuclear") and, again curiously, there are radioactive areas in that region where cities once stood where sand has been turned into glass just like at the first atomic test sites.

I say all this goes against coincidence and this is ground zero for ancient high technology.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainLJB

Theres a song by The Doors from 1971 called The Wasp (texas radio and the big beat) and one of the lines from that song written by Jim Morrison says...

"we have constructed pyramids in honor of our escaping"

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
...but he was the Lizard King.
You can't trust those reptilians!

What about Jimi: "Let me stand next to your fire" : obviously a reference to those vitrified forts, or Elvis : "Blue moon, you saw me standing alone" : obviously a reference to when there was a blue moon, back when the Indians were blue like in (OMG!) Avatar, or how about The Beatles" Obladiblada" which was obviously a prescient reference to the gibberish and lack of understanding of Geologic processes evidenced in this thread.

People have great imaginations and make up stories, often relying upon their world view for explanations and my contention is that the majority of 'ancient' myths etc were just this: an attempt to explain using imagination and showmanship in order to enhance the impression of their gods.

Me: I'm going with natural phenomena as the hard evidence against this is lacking, only provided by tried and tested kooks and charlatans.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

You don't work alongside a fellow named...Harte...do you?

It just seems that people pop out of nowhere to come on to these discussions with the sole purpose of taking them apart. I really don't get it. It would be like me jumping on, say, a Scientology thread just to blacken L. Ron Hubbard's image, as though I had nothing better to do with my spare time...

Perhaps there's a pattern here, regarding the clustering of "debunkers" on specific topics...

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Oh hell, you've outed me.

Except I don't work at the Vatican.

I'm a geologist and I work at a tertiary institution in New Zealand.

I'm no stranger to cranks and crackpots and ridiculous claims. I see them a lot, but when investigated they always seem to lead back to the same people trying to make money off a book or some such thing and preying on the credulous.

If there was decent evidence then I would try to debunk it; but there's not.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

Okay, how about coming at it from another angle, like Neanderthals were the Nephilim:
www.stevequayle.com...

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

reply to post by aorAki

No, he doesn't.

But you can bet I'm watching him with the All-Seeing Eye they have here in the Vatican basement!

Harte

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

You're scaring the sh!t out of me now...

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainLJB

I just had a brief perusal of that, which was all I needed to say: what a load of crappola.
Using out-of-date geological models, Mormon Professors and a lack of understanding often propagated by those who do not comprehend the dating methods, along with mythical worldwide floods and self-quoting and suddenly we are confronted with a convoluted lie.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

reply to post by aorAki

It just seems that people pop out of nowhere to come on to these discussions with the sole purpose of taking them apart. I really don't get it. It would be like me jumping on, say, a Scientology thread just to blacken L. Ron Hubbard's image, as though I had nothing better to do with my spare time...

Perhaps there's a pattern here, regarding the clustering of "debunkers" on specific topics...
The continuation of the ongoing strictly enforced agenda of suppressing the truth away from the dumbed down mainstream masses...

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Not at all. I have no agenda other than following the truth.

A line from a song springs to mind: "if your mind is a room you'll let anyone let" (The Verlaines: Born again Idiot).

It's not suppression of the truth at all, it's challenging the unfounded and kooky claims.

I do like the some of the ideas that have been presented here but there is just no credible evidence and therefor I say that they are wishful thinking guided by a congenital lack of understanding of processes.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki
Not at all. I have no agenda other than following the truth.

Must be rather difficult for you to follow something that no one really knows what it is,meaning the truth. When we die,the ultimate truth will be revealed and around 150,000 people find out exactly what it is every day of the week...
edit on 21-5-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I think you mean the Truth rather than the truth, but I hardly expect you to understand the concept given the retardation of many of your posts in this (and other) threads.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

Starting to get Personal now, eh... All I'm going to say is Disprove all of these links to Discoveries of Giants and out-of-place artifacts. Obviously they keep turning up time after time, around the world. Or is there some sort of genetic inclination to Create falsehoods and Fake skeletal remains? Maybe this compulsion is triggered in the minds of people who've talked too long on cell phones and the cumulative microwave absorption triggers dormant genes... Makes 'em run outside and start lying their asses off. Oh, I can name a couple authors who Might have reason to fake some of this stuff to make money on books, but they came along Centuries After The Facts...

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Oh, I can name a couple authors who Might have reason to fake some of this stuff to make money on books, but they came along Centuries After The Facts...

...and the facts are generally most likely to be the remains of megafauna incorrectly interpreted by ignorant people.

It's not my job to disprove, it's yours to prove, and as of yet you have failed in that task.

Poor Ockham.

Of course it's personal. I'm predisposed to fight against stupidity and ignorance.
edit on 21-5-2012 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

It would be valuable to jump into a Scientology thread and try to knock some sense into those people. This is ATS, and it says right there up top, "deny ignorance." While I've always thought it was kind of a clunky and uninspiring motto, the basic notion that we should seek the truth at all costs and expose lies, fraud, misunderstanding and deception wherever they appear is exactly in keeping with my own personal philosophy.

What don't you understand about people trying to set the record straight and correct what they think are inaccurate readings of archaeology? Would you prefer to sit in a private Atalantean circle-jerk thread where nobody can ever disagree with your views?

You shouldn't feel threatened when people attack your worldview. Keep an open mind, and use the opportunity to either strengthen your position or reconsider it.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

Oh, I can name a couple authors who Might have reason to fake some of this stuff to make money on books, but they came along Centuries After The Facts...

...and the facts are generally most likely to be the remains of megafauna incorrectly interpreted by ignorant people.

It's not my job to disprove, it's yours to prove, and as of yet you have failed in that task.

Poor Ockham.

Of course it's personal. I'm predisposed to fight against stupidity and ignorance.
edit on 21-5-2012 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

Actually the "incorrectly interpreted" excuse is usually the first one shot down because it's rather Stupid that giant apes bones, for instance, would be buried not only in sacred mounds and wrappings with beads but wearing forged armor. (Or would that be "forged" as in "faked" armor? Hahah!).

If it's not your Job to disprove, then what the hell are you doing on Here? At least provide us with credible links or information for your debunking.

It's kind of heard for me to prove when guys like you are carrying away the evidence. I suppose you do the same work on the various UFO threads, too.

Stupidity and Ignorance = Closed Mind.

I think you took a wrong turn somewhere. You should be on Below Top Secret.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

It's kind of heard for me to prove when guys like you are carrying away the evidence.

You should see my private museum. It's full of all sorts of things. I have a good collection of Devonian cogs and gears. Oh wait, they're Crinoids. My Ordovician robot vacuum cleaners and articulated spying devices will blow you away. Oh wait, they're Trilobites. Never mind, how about the Cretaceous ear horns for the hard of hearing ancient advanced civilised Man. Oh hang on, they're Ammonites and Orthocone Nautaloids. Well, hell, what about those tiny bits of metal that look smelted into postmodern art forms, but predate that movement by millions of years. Oh dear, that must be my meteorites. What's that enormous leg bone. Surely that's from a giant of old. Well, sort of, it's a Dinornis giganteus leg bone. You want moa? I've got a whole lot moa. What about that human skeleton? well, it's a hybrid: a human skull mounted on the backbone (complete with pelvis) of a cattlebeast. Well, what's that black rock that looks like it's manufactured into a pyramid? Surely that's a sign of ancient civilisation? Oh, you mean the Antarctic ventifact? Well then, tell me about that ancient script on that sandstone over in the corner. That indeed must be proof of an ancient advanced civilisation? Haha, well, some might think that, but those that know will tell you it's an ichnofossil given to me by Dolf Seilacher. etc etc.

I have an open mind, but not so open that it falls out, or falls prey to charlatans.
edit on 22-5-2012 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2012 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2012 by aorAki because: facetiousness

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
What tptb dont want their mainstream sheeple to realize and understand is that we've done this all before,risen and fallen through technology and time and we're about to suffer within another horrific near extinction cataclysm,again and thats exactly why the royal bloodline elites have multiple subterranean blast proof bunkers prepared for themselves,not for you and i,who were forced to pay for their construction with the legalized extortion of our tax dollars...
edit on 24-5-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join