It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those We Call Cavemen Were All That Remained Of Humanity After The Last Time We Destroyed Ourselves

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by roadtoad

I thought all the heavy metal I listen to made me satanic??? Enough lies!!!

And of course everyone knows that jesus commands the 6 th dimension and is also the captain of his hockey team.

Geez.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I also belive we are desendants of an ancient civilasation as it sayz in d Vedic scriptures... We are at the end of the cycle of which there is 4 sub-cycles of the Earths Natural Way as it says in the Gita... As you reap so will you sow, Hare Krishna XX... Unselfish Love is d will of The Lord.. His Will be done, not mine, in me and through me..

Peace + Love
Hare Krishna

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Doubtful. Cavemen were learning how to build, how to hunt, and how to kill each other. From there, we have advanced in building, hunting, and sadly...how to kill each other.

It's unlikely Cavemen were people who were left over from civilization. Instead, they were the beginning of one.

Do we not believe in evolution here at ATS? lol

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by wisper

Of course nuclear explosions don't travel back in time. Even if we detonated every warhead on the planet simultaneously it still wouldn't even compare to the power of the nuclear reactions caused by the weakest of stars. And stars don't time travel. Plus it is impossible to go back in time, you can only accelerate through time faster. As you approach light speed. We are nowhere near being able to achieve that. And any race who potentially couldvwould have something a he'll of a lot stronger than thermonuclear weapons.

Its not far fetched to believe that ancient india had technology and nukes.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Explain the 2.2 million year old skeleton of a homo sapien they found a couple years ago. Can't find a link right now but if someone can would greatly appreciate it.

I think numerous species of humans have existed over time. Many possibly being extinct as we have proven that some are. Just as we have different sub species of homo sapiens living on this planet today, others may have existed. Perhaps cavemen were de evolved humans? Our scientific findings on these matters are only mere speculation. As it is and are changing all of the time.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
People make a lot of assumptions based on current reality, not knowing the true origins of the things we take for granted or how impossible it would be to recreate even the most basic technology in primitive conditions.

Imagine a professor escapes an "end of the World" scenario in a boat and a pole shift has covered the population centers with hundreds of feet of water. The new bits of dry land are barren or oddly enough may contain nothing but ancient stone ruins.

Even with all his knowledge, even if he brought a library on engineering, metalsmithing, electronics, etc, it would be impossible for him to rebuild a modern society no matter how many people he had with him. Even the most basic device, like a Toaster, depends on materials from suppliers all over the World and uses many processes which would no longer exists. Even today, we have elements of devices made by machines for which the original dies are long gone along with all the knowledge to recreate them.

I've personally performed information architecture projects where the goal was to capture rare knowledge "owned" by individuals who were near retirement or even already retired and brought back for the sole purpose of archiving their processes which would be lost otherwise.

People do not realize how much our past impacts our current and future abilities to do specific things. How we can build modern computers while the knowledge and materials to start over and create the first computer in order to re-develop them up to where we left off would be impossible. The people who knew how to do these things are gone, they did not leave written instructions behind and the materials they used no longer exist. (Not to mention the specialized dies, machinery, etc).

It's a well known fact that if the US were hit by a disaster, war, etc that destroyed Detroit our capability for building heavy machinery would be gone. The precursor machines, dies and knowledge were transferred to China years ago. If we lost the remaining examples we have of these specialized machines, we do not have the capability to recreate them without a decade or more of re-development.

The space between our modern existence and primitive life is much closer than you think.
edit on 16-8-2011 by ecoparity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

It depends on who you ask. In China youth are tought that humankind originated in Asia and this is backed fossil evidence. I think the oldest mordern human remain were found in China the next oldest beeing found in modern day ethiopia. Both are 160,000-226,000 years old.
edit on 16-8-2011 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
reply to post by wisper

Of course nuclear explosions don't travel back in time. Even if we detonated every warhead on the planet simultaneously it still wouldn't even compare to the power of the nuclear reactions caused by the weakest of stars. And stars don't time travel. Plus it is impossible to go back in time, you can only accelerate through time faster. As you approach light speed. We are nowhere near being able to achieve that. And any race who potentially couldvwould have something a he'll of a lot stronger than thermonuclear weapons.

Its not far fetched to believe that ancient india had technology and nukes.

No it's not far fetched at all! :/

Who knows what happened in Ancient india could have been a simple argument over who makes the best spices for curries and it spiralled out of control IMO a Nuclear War Time Travel Parody - The Dark Side Of The Mushroom Cloud!
edit on 16-8-2011 by wisper because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
So the catastrophe was so huge that it destroyed every trace of the prehistoric civilization, but somehow enough people survived to create a breeding population? Yeah, that makes sense.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

So your hypothesis is what then??? There have been many proven examples of mass, extinction on this planet. There is more evidence of a lost civilization on this planet than evidence that jesus.really existed and yet hundreds of millions of people believe jesus to be fact.

How is it far fetched??? I don't understand.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
wow.. This is one of those situations where you think of an invention, do nothing about it, and someone else comes up with it.

Thank You OP for posting this.

I have been thinking about this same subject since a friend turned me on to this video:

So, I think that the artifacts that we are finding buried in the ground are from the last time such an event has happened. The artifacts are evidence of as far as we had evolved at the time.

Maybe one day they well dig up a Wal-mart item with a "made in china" tag.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Didn't the ancient Indian Vedas talk of flying machines and explosions?

.Maybe we escaped mass extinction by hiding in the earth, from the atmosphere choking asteroid that impacted and killed off huge amounts of life?

Or... Getting a little Lovecraftian here... Maybe we weren't the first civilisation here?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
No, cavemen lived in caves because they didn't know how to build homes. We will rise from the ashes with unity consciousness, with a greater understanding of the synergies of nature. I believe in the end of monetry systems and a rise of a non stratified, peaceful society free from religions, governments and all forms of segregation.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

The dating of all fossils is very suspect, they may have been formed almost instantly.
A couple of links on the subject:
www.ancientdestructions.com.au...
www.thunderbolts.info...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

read Forbidden Archeology: The Hidden History of the Human Race
by M. Cremo
amazon www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1313530651&sr=8-1

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

There are ruins that defy aging all over the world. The inhabitants are long gone, but evidence they were there exists. There must be hundreds of ruins in S. America no one has even touched yet. Add to that the rising / dropping sea levels, probable strikes from astroids and the like, it is possible we just can't see the evidence. Exploring the ocean depths has gone on for a long time...but it's a big, deep, ocean.

Every society today has 'myths' of the time before. A time when people built boats, climbed mountains, moved deep inside a cave & managed to survive what ever destruction that had befallen their lands. There is an entire catalog of out of place artifacts no one can explain. Can anyone prove beyond a shadow of a doubt many have gone before us? Not yet. But give researchers time. If we have time.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
So the catastrophe was so huge that it destroyed every trace of the prehistoric civilization, but somehow enough people survived to create a breeding population? Yeah, that makes sense.

Read this it comes in book form too. read and learn a few things.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by naycalvert
No, cavemen lived in caves because they didn't know how to build homes. We will rise from the ashes with unity consciousness, with a greater understanding of the synergies of nature. I believe in the end of monetry systems and a rise of a non stratified, peaceful society free from religions, governments and all forms of segregation.

Cave dwellers lived in caves because they were readily available shelter which could be more easily defended.

Humans who lived in areas without caves also made use of the materials available to them for shelter. Grass, straw, mud, dung, wood - whatever they had plenty of and which fit the type of lifestyle they existed in. Hunter gatherers would use simple, quickly constructed shelter, farmers more permanent structures and those who chose to stand on good ground and defend it always seemed to end up using stone no matter how ancient they were.

The only natural building material capable of lasting over time has always been stone and we've seen some very impressive structures built in stone, some of which we would be very hard pressed to duplicate even today with our modern tools and methods.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
Doubtful. Cavemen were learning how to build, how to hunt, and how to kill each other. From there, we have advanced in building, hunting, and sadly...how to kill each other.

It's unlikely Cavemen were people who were left over from civilization. Instead, they were the beginning of one.

Do we not believe in evolution here at ATS? lol

After Oil, your civilization now will return back to......survival of the fittest. Cavemen...after the MadMax scenario plays out and the last pools of energy are depleted.

We are currently going over the edge of a cliff.....no more big oil to keep America (civilization)going.
edit on 16-8-2011 by Pervius because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Sorry, but what you say is not possible. If such civilizations existed, the world would have been filled with remains from those civilizations.

If the current civilization was destroyed, mankind's works would be visible for many millenia.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join