It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those We Call Cavemen Were All That Remained Of Humanity After The Last Time We Destroyed Ourselves

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by whathasitcome2

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Do you really think that humans could collectively destroy civilization and all its infrastructure to the point where there are no buildings or roads, yet some humans still survive, some of them still possessing knowledge of how to build structures and roads, yet they do nothing but draw deer on cave walls?

My friend, I think you watch too many movies. I don't think we could do that to ourselves so thoroughly. If there is a cyclical trend, then it would have to be something cataclysmic that happens TO humanity to destroy everything in a short time span. Even then, I don't know that I'd be totally convinced.

They havn't destroyed everything you idiot. Take a look around. Start here:
mathomathis.blogspot.com...

"...you idiot"? Really? How easily the name-calling comes to some people here. Thanks, man - you're such a nice person. I'm an idiot for having an opinion. I wonder when that became the rule.

edit on 16-8-2011 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

The biggest thing we pride ourselves in is our iron based metals. The lifespan of iron based metals in nature isn't very long. A steal arrowhead will last a few years at most while a stone arrowhead will last millenia the steal based arrowhead will completely and totally disappear. Some aircraft from World War II will never be found in rain forests. They will be taken over by nature in less than a hundred years. Even our cell phones are recycled for the rare earths in them.

However, if you really want to blow your mind do a search on the discovery of bones of giants. There were men on this earth before the great deluge who were easily 30 feet tall. This is also something that has been covered up for the most part. They certainly don't teach it in elementary school anywhere in the US. There are photos of these dig sites with the bones. There are a lot of them and they are not fake. The only thing that is fake is what is in the brains of 5 billion people today. Like I say, we have cell phones but very little knowledge of the past. It isn't taught in school and it isnt being shown to the public. We live in the dark ages as we speak. Incredible but true.

wow. And here I was thinking the biggest thing we pride ourselves on is our ability at abstract thought.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Do you really think that humans could collectively destroy civilization and all its infrastructure to the point where there are no buildings or roads, yet some humans still survive, some of them still possessing knowledge of how to build structures and roads, yet they do nothing but draw deer on cave walls?

My friend, I think you watch too many movies. I don't think we could do that to ourselves so thoroughly. If there is a cyclical trend, then it would have to be something cataclysmic that happens TO humanity to destroy everything in a short time span. Even then, I don't know that I'd be totally convinced.

They havn't destroyed everything you idiot. Take a look around. Start here:
mathomathis.blogspot.com...

"...you idiot"? Really? How easily the name-calling comes to some people here. Thanks, man - you're such a nice person. I'm an idiot for having an opinion. I wonder when that became the rule.

edit on 16-8-2011 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

Yep. We critical thinkers get slammed in a world where the obvious is ignored. Don't let it put you off. It was a little ray of light that got us out of the dark ages.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I guess, everyone can have an opinion. Even idiots. For the longest time the world was flat. Maybe being an idiot is to harsh of a word, when simple ignorance of the world around them is more fitting.

Where is all the big street signs from California in the 1960s. And all the flashing lights and the huge multistory fabrications I saw in the pictures? I don't see any of those things today. How do I know that era existed without the pictures and are the photos from that era real?

# man, the world doesn't look anything today like it does in the National Geographic magazines my grandfather had from the 1960s. I don't think it was real. I don't see any of the black rotary telephones that were on the wall like my grandfather had. What happened to all of them. There were millions and now there are zero. None. No black wall phones anywhere.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Somebody's thinking, instead of jumping to magical conclusions you used logic. I must apllaud you.

There really are no finger prints of any advanced civilization. So clearly they were primitive but smart enough to make a baghdad battery. But clearly that idea died after the orgnal creator perished.

It's a nice fairy tale story of civilizations to come and go. But everything leaves a trail

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Where is all the American civil war era uniforms, rifles, etc.??? That was just a little over 100 years ago. A million soldiers and only a few rifles in a few museums somewhere? IF it were not in the history books as being real, I would have to say it never happened. No evidence the American civil war actually happened at all. I see a few graveyards here in Alabama with a few headstones but nothing that leads me to believe a civil war actually happened. I haven't dug up anything in my yard. The cotton fields all look the same as they did last year. I don't even see any civil war era buildings anywhere. It simply didn't happen as far as I can tell.
thanx for your comment,.we have a very hard time trying to figure out what really happened just a couple of hundred years ago! imagine all the civilizations and technologies that have risen up and fallen all through the hundreds of thousands of years in the past...we went from horse and buggies to nuclear powered aircraft carriers in about 60 years!...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

True, but cars and plastic are not necessarily the zenith of every civilization. It's important to remember that technology is everything starting at our language-conceptual system, going forward to thatched huts and stone axes all the way to space ships and the internet. But just because this is "our" perceived line doesn't mean that technology follows this path automatically or intrinsically.

Just as there is no straight line in evolution, there is no straight line in technology (a product of evolution).

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I guess, everyone can have an opinion. Even idiots. For the longest time the world was flat. Maybe being an idiot is to harsh of a word, when simple ignorance of the world around them is more fitting.

Where is all the big street signs from California in the 1960s. And all the flashing lights and the huge multistory fabrications I saw in the pictures? I don't see any of those things today. How do I know that era existed without the pictures and are the photos from that era real?

# man, the world doesn't look anything today like it does in the National Geographic magazines my grandfather had from the 1960s. I don't think it was real. I don't see any of the black rotary telephones that were on the wall like my grandfather had. What happened to all of them. There were millions and now there are zero. None. No black wall phones anywhere.

And therein lies the cause of the knee-jerk name-calling. You're a kid. I grew up with a rotary phone on the wall, chief. I guess that makes me an idiot, like your grandfather.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anthony1138
reply to post by SirMike

Somebody's thinking, instead of jumping to magical conclusions you used logic. I must apllaud you.

There really are no finger prints of any advanced civilization. So clearly they were primitive but smart enough to make a baghdad battery. But clearly that idea died after the orgnal creator perished.

It's a nice fairy tale story of civilizations to come and go. But everything leaves a trail
and the trail is in the 50 or so pages of evidence in the first link i posted on page one

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Really, WHO is the critical thinker here?????

I can see geometric shapes obviously built by intelligent life in South America that can only be seen from the air today. Obviously some kind of road or airstrip built with high precision, and I can't find a single rotary black wall phone that I am pretty sure I remember my grandfather had, and I have seen them in old magazines but yet I can't find a single one today. What happened to them? Honestly, did you see one in the river behind your house or the field next to your town? Did some scientist dig up a black rotary wall phone recently? I havent seen any of them. Using your critical logic skills, I can only conclude that the magazines must have been fabricated artwork and my own memory bad because in the last several years I have seen none ANYWHERE.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
theoretically, truly advanced civs would use biodegradable materials for building too, and their tech would likely take advantage of similar substances. energy would likely be gained in non-intrusive ways. advanced civs that are the result of ET inteference, tend to only have half the data, resulting in intrusive, dangerous technology.

So are you saying that our history biodegraded/

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

I too agree. According to the Hopi, we are now living in the 4th world, and are about to enter the 5th world. Question is, will humankind destroy it also? It is my strong belief that if humankind were taught from the beginning that the planet they live on is their Mother God, they would then take care of it and honour it, instead of domineering over and destroying it. Am I alone in this thought?

You are not alone. In fact i'm pretty sure the native civilizations still live that way and that's not them that will cause our loss.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anthony1138
reply to post by SirMike

do you understand the incredible power of 1 or 2 mile high!! mountains of ice moving across the continents? or the poles shifting and the axis tilting causing mega tsunamis combined with the effects of all out nuclear war...a 200ft high tidal wave in about 1 minute would smash ny city back into the stoneage and theres evidence of tidal waves 1,000ft high in the past
edit on 16-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Using the critical thinking skills I have learned on this site, I can conclude without a doubt that the US Civil war did not happen (there is only a few rifles in museums that were purported to be in that "war"). There are lots of photographs so I guess it is photographs that makes a civilization. It certainly isn't objects that make a civilization. And if I found 30 pounds of gold tablets today that had the history of the world written on them, guess how long those 30 pounds of gold would last? Yep. it would be sold and melted down at 1800$ per oz. I would be a rich man. Buy some nice clothes and within 100 years you would never know that my clothes or myself ever existed.

Unless you show me a black rotary wall phone right now (I will accept a photograph taken by your cell phone this time only) then I can only conclude they never existed. Not by the millions and not by a handful.

That is your logic.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

You've never met anyone who was born in the 60's?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I was watching a very interesting video by Drunvalo the other day where he mentioned that ice ages last roughlt 90,000 years and the "warm" age lasts only 10,000. The alarming thing is that we are at the end of the 10,000 and the world will be getting ready to go into an ice age sooner than later, possibly sped up by us. If you haven't seen this video yet, then I highly recommend it. My husband thinks he's a loonie but I respect Drunvalo as a true teacher.
www.youtube.com...

But that got me thinking, what happened to many in the last 100,000 years? Wikipedia states the following...:
"the genus Homo had diverged by about 2.3 to 2.4 million years ago in Africa."
"Archaic Homo sapiens evolved between 400,000 and 250,000 years ago."

In 100,000 years we only have 6,000 years of history. Talking about ancient Egyptians and Atlantis is yesterday compared to our early ancestors.

My dad has often told me the first record of man has been of man coming out of the mountains. I can't help it, my noggin just keeps churning until it starts making sense of some of these things.

So if man came from the mountains, and the bible states that in the end times men will flee to the mountains, then all our lost history must be in the mountains!! Everything before 10,000 years ago, the remnants of past civilizations hiding out from the ice age, in the mountains. And no I'm not talking about about cave men paintings! Seriously, do you think men just went from cavemen to building pyramids? Please, I seriously doubt it. They have clearly demonstrated their skill with working with massive amounts of rock. I'd say these would be skills learned from within the mountains.

Then something creepy happened. You know how in the quest for truth one thing always leads to another... well lo and behold I came across a comprehensive hollow earth website. www.hollowearthnetwork.com... Call me crazy, but from my point of view everyone who says things can't be so because that's not what they've spoon fed us to believe in school are totally missing the big picture! Your brainwashing has served you well.

Tbh every time the world doesn't end I am a bit disappointed. I am tired of the political and religious nonesense trying to control us and distract us from their true agenda. I don't want to be a pawn in their schemes. I want love, peace, and happiness for all. I am ready to take the next step for my soul. Are you?

Then I saw this thread and just had to post. I've been snooping for a while now..
But seriously, I am so headed for the mountains when # hits the fan.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
we are trained to be slaves to materialism,illusory and temporary objects are more important than eachother,the long forgotten civilizations of the distant past may not have been a paper/metal/plastic," i me mine" based society like we are...just the way tptb want it to be...blind sheep afraid to stray from the flock....work then die, this is what they expect from us and its an evil joke they are playing on us all and their egotistical greed and arrogance will destroy us once again...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The number of people who pretend to have critical thinking skills that can not back up even the slightest claim is really amazing. Unless someone can show me a satellite phone (the kind that weighed 20 pounds and you carried them in a backpack)- I know a guy at a ski resort I used to work at in 1991 that had such a phone for communicating while skiing, then I will have to use the critical thinking skills I have learned on ATS and admit that the object probably never did really exist. I am pretty sure that there was at one time hundreds of these objects, but I have not seen one in a decade and therefore, it must not be real. If they were real what happened to them?

Furthermore, There are roads on maps right here in Alabama in the national forest that I took my son out to drive on last weekend and after getting to the road, it simply did not exist. There were only trees there. We intended to 4 wheel drive anyway, but the road did not exist and the topographic map was 15 years old and currently sold in stores but completely inaccurate of reality.

The road might have existed 15 years ago but not today. Rotoary black wall phones can not be found anywhere. There is almost no evidence at all that they ever existed at all.

In fact, some 30% of Army recruits at the age of 17, once hearing that Osama Bin Laden had been killled asked who Osama Bin Laden was because they had no idea. They were going off to fight in a war that had been going on since they were 8 years old but they themselves were not aware of who started the war.

The whole idea that there should be tons of information and signs that civilization existed 2000 years ago is completely faulty at best. We are lucky that there is ANY sign that any civilization existed 2000 years ago. That is the real logic of this nonsense.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The biggest example of a civilisation that was destructed by war, is India.. Radioactive bodies, ground turned to glass...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
It would take one powerful solar flare to send the entire world back to 1890 but without the horse carriages since few people now have horses. The ignorance on this board is amazing.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join