It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those We Call Cavemen Were All That Remained Of Humanity After The Last Time We Destroyed Ourselves

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by drivers1492
Interesting topic and views. Something I am not seeing is opinions on how "advanced" our previous tenants of earth were. I have no problem with the idea that man has rose and fell to some extent, but how far they may have rose without anything being left in the geologic record doesnt set well with me. Sure things erode and get erased but assuming everything would be wiped clean is a stretch in my opinion. As I have seen others point out since we do find various plants and animals from the very distant past why is easy to assume that nothing would remain?

If we did rise and fall, personally I dont think think we rose very high up the technological ladder. I just cant seem to find any evidence to support that idea. If someone knows of some evidence that might enlighten me I would be happy to look it over. I have looked at links in the posts here and although some are interesting there was nothing there to support a "highly" advanced race beyond the possibility of being equivalent to say greek and roman times or earlier.
global nucler war...a change in the tilt of the earths axis...another ice age dragging mountains of frozen snow across the continents...all these would easily erase what was and those that were able to survive and trying to live through all this,the last thing on their minds would be preserving anything from their past,all their concerns would be focused around,food,shelter and clothing and any memories that were kept of the world that was would be reduced to myths and legends
edit on 16-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)
the oceans would smash,crush and wash away 99% of what we have built into its unforgivable depths

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I do understand the implications of global nukes and pole shift but your talking about completely wiping out all trace of global race. Im sorry if I do not see that happening in totality. And yes if it were to happen, preserving history would be that last thing on peoples mind. I should point out I dont believe the many species of animals over the history of our planet gave it much thought as well yet their evidence remains. I did shuffle through the bible link you posted about the radiation as well as other pages on the site and might I ask one thing particular to the nuclear war implication. If it was global why only one hot spot. Would it not be global hotspots?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
yea that's what had happened.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
If Humans have had civilization in the past, wouldnt we see more displaced species of plants and animals?

For example...When Europeans arrived to Americas they introduced all sorts of fruits,veggies,other plants, animals etc etc that were never here before. You can find Wild Goji berry plants on parts of the Transcontinental Railroad from chinese workers.

So with all the trading and introduction or species...wouldnt we see the same type of effects from past civilizations that traded/introduced new plants and animals to other areas of the world?

I like to think that when/if our civilization crumbles and we are forgotten , future people looking at our fossils will scratch their heads wondering how a Llama (for example) got from South America to Europe or asia or NAmerica... I feel that we are going to leave all sorts of evidence through displaced species

edit on 16-8-2011 by ruderalis1 because: Typos and such

edit on 16-8-2011 by ruderalis1 because: edit/typos

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by blocula

First off, I didn't read the whole thread but I hope at least one person has pointed this out to you in these 8 pages...

Those that we call cavemen, the simple minded, heavy eyebrowed, slack jawed neanderthals are the survivors of the last time we destroyed ourselves?

The cavemen were the elite then? I think if it were true, we would take a leaf out the book that is being written now... namely, if there was any major disaster set to destroy the majority of mankind..it would be the rich, powerful and smart that would be most likely to survive.

Not the toothless hillbilly who married his sister.

So is this what you're saying? The cavemen were the smartest and most influential members of their society??

Really?

Nah the elites came out of the bunkers a few years later and carried on controlling the cave men as they do today

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
prehistoric people that are portrayed with their hulking gait and jutting jaw with protruding eyebrows and larger skulls might have been caused by being exposed to high doses of radiation! these negative characteristics became more and more evident with each surviving generation untill slowly these radiation induced mutations were erased in time untill present day humans finally emerged again...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Certainly all the OOPART thing makes this assumption reasonable
www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

reply to post by blocula

I do understand the implications of global nukes and pole shift but your talking about completely wiping out all trace of global race. Im sorry if I do not see that happening in totality. And yes if it were to happen, preserving history would be that last thing on peoples mind. I should point out I dont believe the many species of animals over the history of our planet gave it much thought as well yet their evidence remains. I did shuffle through the bible link you posted about the radiation as well as other pages on the site and might I ask one thing particular to the nuclear war implication. If it was global why only one hot spot. Would it not be global hotspots?
maybe its one of the few spots that remains on or near the surface

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTheTrees

Certainly all the OOPART thing makes this assumption reasonable
www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk...
nice link...thanx

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

www.bibliotecapleyades.net... i believe that human civilizations on earth have risen and fallen over and over again down through the ages. these now forgotten civilizations seem erased because of time,erosion,supression of information by the mainstream and the powers that be, who seek delusional refuge in knowing that their people are led astray from the truth and are trained to think and live half asleep. wandering lost in a fallen world of greed and blind denial of the fact that we've done this all before. we reach a point where we cant handle our own technology anymore and we self destruct. we recreate our own monsters again and again,they rise up and destroy their creators. atlantis is a good example of what i am saying and this self inflicted disaster is about to happen to us again.the twentieth century,a century of supposed progress and technological marvel is actually a century of neverending war,genocide and destruction on a scale far worse than all other periods in history combined. we have refined the demented art of killing off nature and eachother. if just five or ten nuclear power plants were to reach critical mass,break open and release their radioactive contents simultaneously,we would be in a horrible situation.the hellish risks that these things pose far outweigh their benefits and they should have never received the green light at all. we are being driven fast,without brakes,down a one way road of apocalyptic destiny that will result in our destruction once again...

What level of technology was reached? keeping in mind the natural resources we've used to reach our current level of technology were sitting at ground level or just below up to only a few hundred years ago and it had taken millions of years for those resources to get there in the first place.
we here and now are so stuck in a paper/metal/plastic mentality that its hard for us to imagine pre iceage civilizations existing without these materials

So what are you saying? There was a technologically advanced civilization founded on stone?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

prehistoric people that are portrayed with their hulking gait and jutting jaw with protruding eyebrows and larger skulls might have been caused by being exposed to high doses of radiation! these negative characteristics became more and more evident with each surviving generation untill slowly these radiation induced mutations were erased in time untill present day humans finally came to be...

Prehistoric people were farmers and inventers they just hadn't yet started to record their history hence the word prehistoric. As in the wheel was invented before people started recording stuff.

Mind you they weren't some advanced culture either.
edit on 16-8-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Or its not what you hope it is. But who knows I could be very wrong in my views and beliefs. Last questions for ya since we have vast evidence of animal and plant life in the geologic record that survived all the cataclysms that the earth has been through why exactly is there no record of our previous tenants?

I do understand your position that things get erased due to various events that happen throughout time yet evidence remains. Well evidence remains for life just not the high tech one you seem to think existed. Ive read quite a bit about out of place artifacts and yet none seem to hold up to scrutiny. And if there was a race capable of nuclear warfare I would think there would be a large enough population that even with the cataclysms we would find something. Thats my problem when trying to accept this line of thinking.

Since we do find a large record of life on earth and their mark yet we dont find mans mark until recently do you think that possibly there is a reason? Its not really logical to assume that a world population would be totally gone in the geologic record when other life is there.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeopleParty

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by blocula

First off, I didn't read the whole thread but I hope at least one person has pointed this out to you in these 8 pages...

Those that we call cavemen, the simple minded, heavy eyebrowed, slack jawed neanderthals are the survivors of the last time we destroyed ourselves?

The cavemen were the elite then? I think if it were true, we would take a leaf out the book that is being written now... namely, if there was any major disaster set to destroy the majority of mankind..it would be the rich, powerful and smart that would be most likely to survive.

Not the toothless hillbilly who married his sister.

So is this what you're saying? The cavemen were the smartest and most influential members of their society??

Really?

Nah the elites came out of the bunkers a few years later and carried on controlling the cave men as they do today
and as they will again in the future

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

www.bibliotecapleyades.net... i believe that human civilizations on earth have risen and fallen over and over again down through the ages. these now forgotten civilizations seem erased because of time,erosion,supression of information by the mainstream and the powers that be, who seek delusional refuge in knowing that their people are led astray from the truth and are trained to think and live half asleep. wandering lost in a fallen world of greed and blind denial of the fact that we've done this all before. we reach a point where we cant handle our own technology anymore and we self destruct. we recreate our own monsters again and again,they rise up and destroy their creators. atlantis is a good example of what i am saying and this self inflicted disaster is about to happen to us again.the twentieth century,a century of supposed progress and technological marvel is actually a century of neverending war,genocide and destruction on a scale far worse than all other periods in history combined. we have refined the demented art of killing off nature and eachother. if just five or ten nuclear power plants were to reach critical mass,break open and release their radioactive contents simultaneously,we would be in a horrible situation.the hellish risks that these things pose far outweigh their benefits and they should have never received the green light at all. we are being driven fast,without brakes,down a one way road of apocalyptic destiny that will result in our destruction once again...

What level of technology was reached? keeping in mind the natural resources we've used to reach our current level of technology were sitting at ground level or just below up to only a few hundred years ago and it had taken millions of years for those resources to get there in the first place.
we here and now are so stuck in a paper/metal/plastic mentality that its hard for us to imagine pre iceage civilizations existing without these materials

So what are you saying? There was a technologically advanced civilization founded on stone?
maybe they were'nt slaves to materialism like we are

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

reply to post by blocula

Or its not what you hope it is. But who knows I could be very wrong in my views and beliefs. Last questions for ya since we have vast evidence of animal and plant life in the geologic record that survived all the cataclysms that the earth has been through why exactly is there no record of our previous tenants?

I do understand your position that things get erased due to various events that happen throughout time yet evidence remains. Well evidence remains for life just not the high tech one you seem to think existed. Ive read quite a bit about out of place artifacts and yet none seem to hold up to scrutiny. And if there was a race capable of nuclear warfare I would think there would be a large enough population that even with the cataclysms we would find something. Thats my problem when trying to accept this line of thinking.

Since we do find a large record of life on earth and their mark yet we dont find mans mark until recently do you think that possibly there is a reason? Its not really logical to assume that a world population would be totally gone in the geologic record when other life is there.
99% of all life forms that have ever existed on earth are now extinct !!! www.pbs.org... our fossil record doesnt even cover 5% of what was alive on earth!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
If you look at the graphics on Egyptian pyramid walls, then only one of three things are possible.

1. Egyptians passed down inscriptions of things that existed in the past (airplanes, submarines, etc.) and then disappeared from the earth.

2. Egyptians were visited by non earthlings and they had these devices and the Egyptians recorded what they saw.

3. Egyptians recorded things they saw in visions of the future where such technology existed as it does today.

So which of the 3 things lead to the artwork that is found in these Egyptian sites?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

reply to post by blocula

we have found plenty of fringe evidence as the 50 or so pages in my first link clearly shows

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by whathasitcome2
If you look at the graphics on Egyptian pyramid walls, then only one of three things are possible.

1. Egyptians passed down inscriptions of things that existed in the past (airplanes, submarines, etc.) and then disappeared from the earth.

2. Egyptians were visited by non earthlings and they had these devices and the Egyptians recorded what they saw.

3. Egyptians recorded things they saw in visions of the future where such technology existed as it does today.

So which of the 3 things lead to the artwork that is found in these Egyptian sites?
the egyptians were taking care of,fixing up and maintaining the great pyramids at giza which were already there long before they were...so i'll go with number1

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Do you have the link to that pdf file?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

reply to post by blocula

99% of all life forms that have ever existed on earth are now extinct !!! www.pbs.org... our fossil record doesnt even cover 5% of what was alive on earth!!!
en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join