It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those We Call Cavemen Were All That Remained Of Humanity After The Last Time We Destroyed Ourselves

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I've thought about this also. I have a thought about the voyager spacecrafts with the golden records on them. Perhaps they are a time capsule sent into space only to fall again to re-educate future generations who might survive. Why else would we put so many languages on the disks when the likely hood of an alien race finding it wouldn't understand it anyway? Perhaps the languages are to speak to the survivors of who ever would be left...Just a thought.

Here is the quote from Jimmy Carter accompanying the disk...

“ This is a present from a small, distant world, a token of our sounds, our science, our images, our music, our thoughts and our feelings. We are attempting to survive our time so we may live into yours. ” — U.S. President Jimmy Carter

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I have believed in this hypothesis since I was a child. I do believe that mankind has fallen from grace many times. I do believe that this is our last kick at the can though. If some sort of disaster, man made or natural occurred, and it killed a vast portion of civilization. The survivors and all animal life for that matter would be doomed. All the nuclear reactors on the planet would go into full meltdown and would literally sterilise the planet of life. That is were we would meet our final demise. We will not survive another global cataclysm.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I knew this was coming though... like when SHTF I will be going into the northern mountains in a cave in ontario, i will be prepared...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

This is true. The only history we have of an advance human civilization existing is a bunch of radioactive skeletons that a scavenger wouldn't even touch. Each time we try to uncover an artifact that is older than 10,000 years and would be considered to us a electronic, is all of a sudden gone, as if it wasn't there in the first place.

This site is trying to help us discover, no, more like rediscover, what we are disconnect from, and that we have nothing to fear.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

well the only thing from past civilizations that would last would be satelites in space, the reason for that is the only thing that would erode or destroy them would be meteors,solar flares, gravity distortions pushing the satelite into earth or away from it. only a few other things that dont have to due with plant growth or water or wind erosion even the sunlight wouldnt be enough alone to just destroy that. but who knows maybe the government found said satelite IE black knight back ohh i dont know in the late 50's early 60's.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

The biggest example of a civilisation that was destructed by war, is India.. Radioactive bodies, ground turned to glass...

The same effect can and would be caused by a comet or asteroid strike. In fact if you take away spiritual aspect as described in the bible regarding wormwood it could easily be a strike from a space born body rather than a nuclear bomb.
edit on 16-8-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I wonder just how deep this rabbit hole goes? The more truth we seek, the more questions we need answered. Cyclic evolution IMHO is becoming a widely accepted theory, a theory that i endorse. How dare we declare ourselves the pinnacle of knowledge. We know not the ground on which we lie nor the times in which we do it. We marval at our science and technology and shun all other possibilities. In the end, it was our concrete encrusted thought process that did us in. In 10000 years a new civilization will be relaxing on our beautiful planet earth, pondering her history and more than likely marvelling at their accomplishments. Perhaps there is a circle of life on a grander scale! We wash in and out like the tides. I pray for sanities sake that somewhere out there somebody got it right, and somebody will remember us. Because in the end, there is nothing sadder than a funeral attended by none!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I agree with this theory, there are many artifacts that does not fit the history we are taught. There have been instances when archaeologists have been black balled because of the proof they find that our history is wrong.
Excellent thread!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daygone23
reply to post by metaldemon2000

well the only thing from past civilizations that would last would be satelites in space, the reason for that is the only thing that would erode or destroy them would be meteors,solar flares, gravity distortions pushing the satelite into earth or away from it. only a few other things that dont have to due with plant growth or water or wind erosion even the sunlight wouldnt be enough alone to just destroy that. but who knows maybe the government found said satelite IE black knight back ohh i dont know in the late 50's early 60's.

I'm not sure about this so I would have to research it but I believe at the moment that anything in orbit would eventually fall to earth due to a decaying orbit. as you say. But what does have a chance of lasting millions of years is the left overs and rovers on the moon should a meteorite not impact on or near what's left there.Which also make me happy as my real name along with 800,000 other people is on a disc on the moon as a result of being members of the Planetary society

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
reply to post by blocula

I've thought about this also. I have a thought about the voyager spacecrafts with the golden records on them. Perhaps they are a time capsule sent into space only to fall again to re-educate future generations who might survive. Why else would we put so many languages on the disks when the likely hood of an alien race finding it wouldn't understand it anyway? Perhaps the languages are to speak to the survivors of who ever would be left...Just a thought.

Here is the quote from Jimmy Carter accompanying the disk...

“ This is a present from a small, distant world, a token of our sounds, our science, our images, our music, our thoughts and our feelings. We are attempting to survive our time so we may live into yours. ” — U.S. President Jimmy Carter

Isn't there a mathematical key with it? So if an advanced alien race found it and can identify the mathematical key then it's the hope they can decipher what's on the disc?

Also there not the onlly ones.

Pioneers 10 and 11, which preceded Voyager, both carried small metal plaques identifying their time and place of origin for the benefit of any other spacefarers that might find them in the distant future. With this example before them, NASA placed a more ambitious message aboard Voyager 1 and 2-a kind of time capsule, intended to communicate a story of our world to extraterrestrials. The Voyager message is carried by a phonograph record-a 12-inch gold-plated copper disk containing sounds and images selected to portray the diversity of life and culture on Earth.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
On the on hand there is no really really hard evidence of technological ancient artifacts surviving as some undoubtedly would have from a previous civilisation - glass for instance or large steel fabrications.

Nor is there cultural evidence that would have survived even better - numerical systems, common languages, skills sutch as knowing how to build a stone arch.

Nor was there the spread of species that we see today as a result a of global civilisation, nor the hybridisation of agricultural crops.

On the other hand there are too many myths of mysterious visitors to be ignored, accounts of peoples exposed to what sounds like advanced technology.

All in all it suggests that we were colonised by a race that did posses advanced tech - maybe Atalanteans, maybe the Annanuki.

the link i posted in my opening paragraph has around 50 pages of evidence thats been discovered and unearthed...when you click on the link at the bottom of the first page that appears, click on the word "return" and that will bring you to a large selection of "snuffed out of the mainstream" evidence...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisper
Reading the OP link im thinking could nuclear bombs travel through time? a nuclear war that hasn't happened in india and if it was to happen could affect the timeline..... and if it's happened in the past, it will happen, it's already been decided.
edit on 16-8-2011 by wisper because: (no reason given)
thanx for your comment...what a fantastic idea! ^^^ ...what if nuclear missles could be sent through time and explode where and when the "masters" wanted them to and we would just think that it was an asteroid!, this is simply mind blowing just to think about the possibility of it actually happening

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Somewhat agree with ya. I think there have been previous civilizations on our planet as well. I also think that they were not all human too. I mean this planet has been here for millions of years, wait, Billions of years, there is no telling just how many civilizations could have risen and fallen in that time period, even if you only count the last Billion years, it's still could be thousands of times it has happened. How about Dolphins or Dinosaurs? The Dino's coulda destroyed themselves? One things for sure about Dino's though, I have never really bought into the fact that oil is a fossil fuel and comes from dead animals buried for millions of years. What if it was a fluid PRODUCED by a previous civilization and we are simply tapping into their storage places they had it in, when armegeddon hit them? Ya, just never know.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
People make a lot of assumptions based on current reality, not knowing the true origins of the things we take for granted or how impossible it would be to recreate even the most basic technology in primitive conditions.

Imagine a professor escapes an "end of the World" scenario in a boat and a pole shift has covered the population centers with hundreds of feet of water. The new bits of dry land are barren or oddly enough may contain nothing but ancient stone ruins.

Even with all his knowledge, even if he brought a library on engineering, metalsmithing, electronics, etc, it would be impossible for him to rebuild a modern society no matter how many people he had with him. Even the most basic device, like a Toaster, depends on materials from suppliers all over the World and uses many processes which would no longer exists. Even today, we have elements of devices made by machines for which the original dies are long gone along with all the knowledge to recreate them.

I've personally performed information architecture projects where the goal was to capture rare knowledge "owned" by individuals who were near retirement or even already retired and brought back for the sole purpose of archiving their processes which would be lost otherwise.

People do not realize how much our past impacts our current and future abilities to do specific things. How we can build modern computers while the knowledge and materials to start over and create the first computer in order to re-develop them up to where we left off would be impossible. The people who knew how to do these things are gone, they did not leave written instructions behind and the materials they used no longer exist. (Not to mention the specialized dies, machinery, etc).

It's a well known fact that if the US were hit by a disaster, war, etc that destroyed Detroit our capability for building heavy machinery would be gone. The precursor machines, dies and knowledge were transferred to China years ago. If we lost the remaining examples we have of these specialized machines, we do not have the capability to recreate them without a decade or more of re-development.

The space between our modern existence and primitive life is much closer than you think.
edit on 16-8-2011 by ecoparity because: (no reason given)
the destroyed civilizations in the distant past may not have been paper/metal/plastic based societies like we are,why do we even think they were? because this is the only way we've been trained to live and look at the world. maybe these lost civilizations were not slaves to materialism like we are!...and...we went from horse and buggies to nuclear powered aircraft carriers in only 60 years! so over great lengths of time anythings possible.maybe every time we fall something or someone gives us a jump start... like the sumerians...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
So the catastrophe was so huge that it destroyed every trace of the prehistoric civilization, but somehow enough people survived to create a breeding population? Yeah, that makes sense.
nuclear war and ice ages and pole shifts and tsunamis and who knows what else...the whole world probably was'nt inhabited back then so the ancient nuclear war did'nt have to destroy the whole world, but just severe enough so the survivors couldnt recover from it...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
reply to post by Blue Shift

So your hypothesis is what then??? There have been many proven examples of mass, extinction on this planet. There is more evidence of a lost civilization on this planet than evidence that jesus.really existed and yet hundreds of millions of people believe jesus to be fact.

How is it far fetched??? I don't understand.
excellent observation! ^^^

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
We only assume cavemen lived in caves because we have found primitive paintings, and basic tools and other items made of clay and bones. Aside from a few bodies we really don't have much evidence. Remeber when looking for ancient skeletons it is actually an extremely rare find when a human skeleton over 8000 years old is.discovered. and to date mostly all we have found is fragments.

To say that this 100% disproves the existance.of homo sapiens during those periods would be a falsehood.

Who is to say that the stuff we find in caves wasn't the work of children painting? Tools that were fasioned by kids in an effort.to.replicate tools and weapons they have seen.
I've often.wondered.if our civilization.was destroyed would people thousands of years from now excavate a childs creation and mistake it for the height of our intelligence?
edit on 11/8/16 by metaldemon2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Didn't the ancient Indian Vedas talk of flying machines and explosions?

.Maybe we escaped mass extinction by hiding in the earth, from the atmosphere choking asteroid that impacted and killed off huge amounts of life?

Or... Getting a little Lovecraftian here... Maybe we weren't the first civilisation here?
www.sacred-texts.com... this is simply fantastic to read when you realize how long ago it was written !!!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GaryN
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

The dating of all fossils is very suspect, they may have been formed almost instantly.
A couple of links on the subject:
www.ancientdestructions.com.au...
www.thunderbolts.info...

nice links...thanx! and with our fossils, we have only discovered about 5% of all things that have ever lived on earth and 99% of everything that has ever lived on earth is extinct!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
reply to post by blocula

Sorry, but what you say is not possible. If such civilizations existed, the world would have been filled with remains from those civilizations.

If the current civilization was destroyed, mankind's works would be visible for many millenia.
^^^ this is simply not true...erosion,ice ages,mega tsunamis,pole shifts,earthquakes,nuclear war,i could go on and on... these things would destroy most of everything we have ever built....what is left from napoleons army of 500,000 men and all their weapons and uniforms?...hardly anything at all ! just a few rifles and cannons and some ragged clothes and this was only 200 years ago!!!... a civilization on earth 50,000 or 100,000 years ago that destroyed itself ...99.999 percent of it will have been buried or erased by now

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join