It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those We Call Cavemen Were All That Remained Of Humanity After The Last Time We Destroyed Ourselves

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by kno22
reply to post by SirMike

There are ruins that defy aging all over the world. The inhabitants are long gone, but evidence they were there exists. There must be hundreds of ruins in S. America no one has even touched yet. Add to that the rising / dropping sea levels, probable strikes from astroids and the like, it is possible we just can't see the evidence. Exploring the ocean depths has gone on for a long time...but it's a big, deep, ocean.

Every society today has 'myths' of the time before. A time when people built boats, climbed mountains, moved deep inside a cave & managed to survive what ever destruction that had befallen their lands. There is an entire catalog of out of place artifacts no one can explain. Can anyone prove beyond a shadow of a doubt many have gone before us? Not yet. But give researchers time. If we have time.

I agree. Good post. I'd like to add this:

Just because we do not see evidence doesn't mean that the theory behind this Thread is an impossibility. IMO, it is within the realm of possibility. It's possible that there is no proof of an event that did actually happen. Lack of evidence does not always mean 'it didn't happen'.

As some posters mentioned -- maybe there were nuclear explosions and the intense radiation caused facial feature changes, hence the cave-man appearance. Maybe there were hundreds and hundreds of world-wide catastrophic events that happened simultaneously or thousands spread out over a short time-frame and they were only aware of their own --- such as, nuclear power plant explosions, earthquakes, tsunamis, massive flooding, volcanoes, etc.

There are also many reasons within the realm of possibility as to why there may not be actual evidence.

Consider this: I do know that some (9/11) ground-zero workers (I live 12-miles away) reported that as they were clearing out debris, they found hundreds of articles of clothing strewn about ... or so they thought it was just clothing. Upon moving it, they told us that what they found was actually dead people that had disintegrated, some from the intense heat and others from spontaneous combustion. They said that the bodies were condensed to about 1/4 of their size and had become one with their clothing. They couldn't believe it was once a human body as during the visual inspection it appeared to be layers of clothing stuck together, until it was more closely examined by the forensic experts. In most cases positive identification was unsuccessful, but the point is the debris and clothing turned out to be bodies of the victims according to the forensic scientists.

Fast forward to hundreds of years later, and as many other catastrophic events occurred all over the planet, detecting existence of human life after these types of catastrophic events and, obviously it becomes less and less likely.

What if hundreds of various world-wide events were occurring; Tsunamis -- there would be no evidence, as most of the bodies would be washed out to sea, eaten by marine life. Major earthquakes -- bodies would be buried under tons of concrete. Fire and power plant explosions, the bodies would probably never be found as the only remains would be their ashes. Volcanoes - there would be nothing left of people who were the victims of volcanoes, not a shred of evidence, not even their ashes. Mostly everything (except for plastics) would eventually disintegrate. Most of us would be erased with time, nothing left but the very few skeletal remains and bone fragments in an isolated case, such as those the scientists find every decade or so. But, most would be gone.

People with very deadly diseases that were highly contagious might have to be cremated immediately after death, instead of buried. Survivors certainly wouldn't be in any condition to gather artifacts. They would be on their deathbeds, waiting to die, many from starvation, dehydration and disease. These are possibilities to explore. Zero proof but 100% evidence that an event actually occurred is not impossible.

Really great Thread. It's something to think about.
edit on 17-8-2011 by Jana12 because: typo

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Human remains left on the topsoil or even buried shallowly in hot, humid clients will disintegrate within 2 weeks. In the rain forests, even the bones will be gone within a few weeks time...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by drivers1492
Interesting topic and views. Something I am not seeing is opinions on how "advanced" our previous tenants of earth were. I have no problem with the idea that man has rose and fell to some extent, but how far they may have rose without anything being left in the geologic record doesnt set well with me. Sure things erode and get erased but assuming everything would be wiped clean is a stretch in my opinion. As I have seen others point out since we do find various plants and animals from the very distant past why is easy to assume that nothing would remain?

If we did rise and fall, personally I dont think think we rose very high up the technological ladder. I just cant seem to find any evidence to support that idea. If someone knows of some evidence that might enlighten me I would be happy to look it over. I have looked at links in the posts here and although some are interesting there was nothing there to support a "highly" advanced race beyond the possibility of being equivalent to say greek and roman times or earlier.

Partial Evidence !

Antikythera mechanism
en.wikipedia.org...

Its time of construction is now estimated between 150 and 100 BC.[4] The degree of mechanical sophistication is comparable to a 19th century Swiss clock.[5] Technological artifacts of similar complexity and workmanship did not reappear until the 14th century, when mechanical astronomical clocks were built in Europe.

1300 + - years Later that anything remotely was like it (Antikythera mechanism) was Made !

To Fully Understand and Up Close to! in great detail

look at this site !

The Antikythera Mechanism Research Project
www.antikythera-mechanism.gr...
edit on 17-8-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jana12

reply to post by SirMike

There are ruins that defy aging all over the world. The inhabitants are long gone, but evidence they were there exists. There must be hundreds of ruins in S. America no one has even touched yet. Add to that the rising / dropping sea levels, probable strikes from astroids and the like, it is possible we just can't see the evidence. Exploring the ocean depths has gone on for a long time...but it's a big, deep, ocean.

Every society today has 'myths' of the time before. A time when people built boats, climbed mountains, moved deep inside a cave & managed to survive what ever destruction that had befallen their lands. There is an entire catalog of out of place artifacts no one can explain. Can anyone prove beyond a shadow of a doubt many have gone before us? Not yet. But give researchers time. If we have time.

Just because we do not see evidence doesn't mean that the theory behind this Thread is an impossibility. IMO, it is within the realm of possibility. It's possible that there is no proof of an event that did actually happen. Lack of evidence does not always mean 'it didn't happen'.

As some posters mentioned -- maybe there were nuclear explosions and the intense radiation caused facial feature changes, hence the cave-man appearance. Maybe there were hundreds and hundreds of world-wide catastrophic events that happened simultaneously or thousands spread out over a short time-frame and they were only aware of their own --- such as, nuclear power plant explosions, earthquakes, tsunamis, massive flooding, volcanoes, etc.

There are also many reasons within the realm of possibility as to why there may not be actual evidence.

Consider this: I do know that some (9/11) ground-zero workers (I live 12-miles away) reported that as they were clearing out debris, they found hundreds of articles of clothing strewn about ... or so they thought it was just clothing. Upon moving it, they told us that what they found was actually dead people that had disintegrated, some from the intense heat and others from spontaneous combustion. They said that the bodies were condensed to about 1/4 of their size and had become one with their clothing. They couldn't believe it was once a human body as during the visual inspection it appeared to be layers of clothing stuck together, until it was more closely examined by the forensic experts. In most cases positive identification was unsuccessful, but the point is the debris and clothing turned out to be bodies of the victims according to the forensic scientists.

Fast forward to hundreds of years later, and as many other catastrophic events occurred all over the planet, detecting existence of human life after these types of catastrophic events and, obviously it becomes less and less likely.

What if hundreds of various world-wide events were occurring; Tsunamis -- there would be no evidence, as most of the bodies would be washed out to sea, eaten by marine life. Major earthquakes -- bodies would be buried under tons of concrete. Fire and power plant explosions, the bodies would probably never be found as the only remains would be their ashes. Volcanoes - there would be nothing left of people who were the victims of volcanoes, not a shred of evidence, not even their ashes. Mostly everything (except for plastics) would eventually disintegrate. Most of us would be erased with time, nothing left but the very few skeletal remains and bone fragments in an isolated case, such as those the scientists find every decade or so. But, most would be gone.

People with very deadly diseases that were highly contagious might have to be cremated immediately after death, instead of buried. Survivors certainly wouldn't be in any condition to gather artifacts. They would be on their deathbeds, waiting to die, many from starvation, dehydration and disease. These are possibilities to explore. Zero proof but 100% evidence that an event actually occurred is not impossible.

thanx for your comment...plastic doesnt last very long at all why does everyone think it will? and this list is for materials that are breaking down under normal conditions forums.groundspeak.com...
edit on 17-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

reply to post by SirMike

thanx for your comment...plastic doesnt last very long at all why does everyone think it will? and this list is for materials that are breaking down under normal conditions forums.groundspeak.com...
and to say that there is zero evidence is just not true...www.ajithkumar.cc...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

reply to post by SirMike

and to say that there is zero evidence is just not true...www.ajithkumar.cc...
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
www.world-mysteries.com... > ufosearchonline.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I stated, "Zero proof, but 100% evidence that an event actually occurred -- is not impossible".

'Lack of evidence' doesn't always = 'didn't happen' - 'didn't exist'.

I didn't mean to imply "zero evidence". I meant even in the case of ..."There's no evidence whatsoever" OR "No evidence exists" this doesn't always mean that an event didn't actually occur or it didn't happen. Maybe it did, but their just wasn't any proof or evidence and we should not dismiss that.

Sometimes, there's no evidence of something that did actually happen OR it did 'once upon a time' exist.
But, all evidence is gone ... disappeared or disintegrated.

Take people who claim they saw Aliens (I'm not one of them) and a Spaceship, in some desolate area they were in. Later, they bring people back to 'the site' but there is no indication whatsoever that a Spaceship with Aliens were anywhere in the area. Yet they insist and claim they aren't lying ... and maybe they aren't lying - there just isn't any evidence. Just because there is no evidence, doesn't mean they are lying.

So, that is what I meant by that statement. ('

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I stated, "Zero proof, but 100% evidence that an event actually occurred -- is not impossible".

'Lack of evidence' doesn't always = 'didn't happen' - 'didn't exist'.

I didn't mean to imply "zero evidence". I meant even in the case of ..."There's no evidence whatsoever" OR "No evidence exists" this doesn't always mean that an event didn't actually occur or it didn't happen. Maybe it did, but their just wasn't any proof or evidence and we should not dismiss that.

Sometimes, there's no evidence of something that did actually happen OR it did 'once upon a time' exist.
But, all evidence is gone ... disappeared or disintegrated.

Take people who claim they saw Aliens (I'm not one of them) and a Spaceship, in some desolate area they were in. Later, they bring people back to 'the site' but there is no indication whatsoever that a Spaceship with Aliens were anywhere in the area. Yet they insist and claim they aren't lying ... and maybe they aren't lying - there just isn't any evidence. Just because there is no evidence, doesn't mean they are lying.

So, that is what I meant by that statement. ('

thanx for your comment, i understand what your saying and think about this...wheres the evidence that the civil war or napoleon invading russia ever happened?!?! its almost completely erased yet only happened a couple hundred years ago! so just imagine whats come and gone before us in the far away distant past!.....this link explains a lot and plastic does not last very long although all through this thread prople say it does>>>forums.groundspeak.com... ...p.s. > "even if you claimed you were abducted by aliens, i wouldnt think any less of you...who am i to judge or disbelieve anyone"...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Thanks for enlightening me and educating me on the lifespan of plastics .. seriously, I thought that plastic lasted for hundreds of years. There is even a TV commercial that's frequently aired ... it's supposedly about keeping the environment clean and recycling. Figures ... it's a "Green" company and they want consumers to buy their product.

The message is ... "Use only bio-degradable, recyclable products -- don't use plastic as plastic lasts forever".

Suffice it to say ... believing a lie, and then reacting based on that lie, is a form of insanity.

So, thanks for sharing. I appreciate it.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Just another thought on Plastics.

They are made from Oil. We have just about finished pumping it all out of the ground now.

As it takes millions of years to form, if there were an older advanced civilization, I doubt they used the stuff.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by zacdam

I agree!

I've felt this way too.

Different peoples could have gone down different paths of invention and creating.

Like all those temples and stone piles and pillars and such, we don't understand them, yet we see that there is precise architecture. These structures could of been some kind of tool, or "machine", but we simply don't see it and don't understand. I believe the ancients knew a lot about subtle energies and how to use them to their advantage. (stone henge, Pyramids).

I think of our machines and inventions as 1 possible path of inventions.
Once you break open the door to the soul the possibilities are endless!

For example, UFO's and spacecraft may really be something the mind or merkaba creates around the body to travel in space and or time.

They sure as hell aren't built on earth, but has anyone thought about if they're constructed in the mind?

(sry for the out of order thought)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

Look, Thats the problem with this world, NOW, is that we as a people look at technilogically advanced as having spaceships and lasers. However, a world can be intelectually advanced as well, without the MATERIAL items that we so strive for as a society. Pretty pathetic when you think about it. I think that's how you explain all these monuments, pyramids, archeology items found that are unexplainable. We think they could not have possibly carved that stone or lifted it, they could not have lit there pyramids with "light bulbs", they could not have built a clock like computer a 1000 years before us, you see the attitude towards anything we can't explain?

Also, if there was a world wide catastrophic event, basically an ELE - like a brown dwarf rotating around the sun and scraping by us every 3600 yrs and flipping our poles 90 degrees. These type of events would MOST definitely get rid of 95% of any evidence of a previous society. AND anyone that survives may not wish to save anything, or almost nothing from the previous regime or lifestyle. Ya know? so therefore over the years they don't save books, writings, buildings, etc. Also, who said it had to be a HUMAN society here. The planet is 2/3 water. Why not an intelligent race of the seas? Dolphins? Or, we've proven that dinosaurs existed, how do we know they did not wipe themselves out and not an asteroid as we've been told?? I mean, so many possibilities right?

Cmon people, the time is coming, start to awaken and open your eyes. PLEASE.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas
Just another thought on Plastics.

They are made from Oil. We have just about finished pumping it all out of the ground now.

As it takes millions of years to form, if there were an older advanced civilization, I doubt they used the stuff.
thanx for your comment...exactly, they probably were not a paper/metal/plastic based society or slaves to materialism like we are

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by weknowall
reply to post by Wolfenz

Look, Thats the problem with this world, NOW, is that we as a people look at technilogically advanced as having spaceships and lasers. However, a world can be intelectually advanced as well, without the MATERIAL items that we so strive for as a society. Pretty pathetic when you think about it. I think that's how you explain all these monuments, pyramids, archeology items found that are unexplainable. We think they could not have possibly carved that stone or lifted it, they could not have lit there pyramids with "light bulbs", they could not have built a clock like computer a 1000 years before us, you see the attitude towards anything we can't explain?

Also, if there was a world wide catastrophic event, basically an ELE - like a brown dwarf rotating around the sun and scraping by us every 3600 yrs and flipping our poles 90 degrees. These type of events would MOST definitely get rid of 95% of any evidence of a previous society. AND anyone that survives may not wish to save anything, or almost nothing from the previous regime or lifestyle. Ya know? so therefore over the years they don't save books, writings, buildings, etc. Also, who said it had to be a HUMAN society here. The planet is 2/3 water. Why not an intelligent race of the seas? Dolphins? Or, we've proven that dinosaurs existed, how do we know they did not wipe themselves out and not an asteroid as we've been told?? I mean, so many possibilities right?

Cmon people, the time is coming, start to awaken and open your eyes. PLEASE.
thanx for your comment... bi-pedal reptilians and insectoid aliens are seen onboard the ufos a lot and maybe they evolved on earth long before we arrived on the scene...i think they did and are the real dominant species on earth,we just think we are

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

Cavemen is a false name probably. How do we know that Cavemen weren't actually an intelligent race, bigger skulls, stronger more powerful too, huh? I mean think of this. We only found their remains in caves with primitive tools and drawings, but what if they HAD to move to the caves because their civilization was utterly destroyed by an ELE or Aliens? A few thousand stragglers in caves around the world? We might find a few of them thousands of years later? right? They never really rebuilt their civilization, instead they morphed into us over hundreds of years in caves, less hair, lighter skin, smaller frame and head. And eventually came out of their caves, either because they could finally retake the lands after aliens left, or the ELE event was healed by mother nature, and they made our society we have now.
You see, just how different you could paint a picture if you wanted?, with the same evidence even, sometimes.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neoony
All of this has happened before,
Does it have to happen again?

Lets break the cycle!

(BSG)

"...the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up."

No, the earth will not literally burn up from some asteroid strike! What this verse means is that the structure of our civilization will go through a great transformation. The elements of civilization will be destroyed, not the physical planet.

This short piece gives clarity: biblefocus.net...

It appears to be very cyclic that civilizations are wiped out and re-population begins anew. We have so many hints from old writings as well as myths.

What happens when Pandora's Box is opened? Upheaval. We have stories of the flood destruction, and the destruction that occurred with the Tower of Babel. The internet is both a Pandora's Box and a Tower of Babel. So, what should we expect to follow suit?

In some of the older Bible translations Adam and Eve are instructed to re-plenish the earth. That would indicate a prior wipe-out of civilization preceding that story.

At the time of upheaval and societal destruction, there is a judgment.

"And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath." (Rev. 16:19)

The great city divided into three parts means:
The sky: those judged worthy to walk among the angels who will leave this planet
The land: those judged worthy to inherit the earth
The sea: those who will be confined to the abyss, so that those remaining on earth may have peace

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by weknowall
reply to post by metaldemon2000

Cavemen is a false name probably. How do we know that Cavemen weren't actually an intelligent race, bigger skulls, stronger more powerful too, huh? I mean think of this. We only found their remains in caves with primitive tools and drawings, but what if they HAD to move to the caves because their civilization was utterly destroyed by an ELE or Aliens? A few thousand stragglers in caves around the world? We might find a few of them thousands of years later? right? They never really rebuilt their civilization, instead they morphed into us over hundreds of years in caves, less hair, lighter skin, smaller frame and head. And eventually came out of their caves, either because they could finally retake the lands after aliens left, or the ELE event was healed by mother nature, and they made our society we have now.
You see, just how different you could paint a picture if you wanted?, with the same evidence even, sometimes.
thanx for your comment ...i think that an advanced civilization that existed on earth a long,long time ago was mostly destroyed through a combination of self inflicted annihilation by nuclear war and the advancing ice age that may have been the result of a prolonged nuclear winter and the survivors were thrown back into a stone age state of life and our warped history of the world calls them prehistoric man.....cave men

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Ooh, long thread already. Haven't had time to read it all yet.

My question has always been, how long can we preserve the technology after a cataclysmic loss of our manufacturing capabilities?

I can see some religions developing in the aftermath of great civilization that would destroy technology to prevent us from reaching that level again, or at least too soon.

Having the knowledge but being reduced to the basics we may have trouble preserving tech. I can see grandpa the brilliant engineer reduced to handmaking rope and trying to pass his knowledge along. Grandson who never saw advanced tech civilization and could not imagine such a world may begin to dismiss grandpa's stories for having smoked too much of his rope. It could take many, many years before we were back to smelting metals, producing semiconductors or anything of the like.

What was in the library at Alexandria? And where did that knowledge originate? You all recall how it died?? Religious reasons, wasn't it? Knowledge of the gods and not for man's use.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro
Ooh, long thread already. Haven't had time to read it all yet.

My question has always been, how long can we preserve the technology after a cataclysmic loss of our manufacturing capabilities?

I can see some religions developing in the aftermath of great civilization that would destroy technology to prevent us from reaching that level again, or at least too soon.

Having the knowledge but being reduced to the basics we may have trouble preserving tech. I can see grandpa the brilliant engineer reduced to handmaking rope and trying to pass his knowledge along. Grandson who never saw advanced tech civilization and could not imagine such a world may begin to dismiss grandpa's stories for having smoked too much of his rope. It could take many, many years before we were back to smelting metals, producing semiconductors or anything of the like.

What was in the library at Alexandria? And where did that knowledge originate? You all recall how it died?? Religious reasons, wasn't it? Knowledge of the gods and not for man's use.

thanx for your comment...even if we had all the information that was contained in the alexandria library...90% of it would be kept away from public scrutiny...en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 18-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join