It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother bear kills cub then self at Chinese bile farm

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AceInc

100% agreed with you on that.....

poor bears

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
OMG this is so sad. And it pisses me off when people say animals 'arnt smart' or 'have no souls' and humans are the ones doing this to them. WOW

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Man, this is one of the most amazing (and, sad) stories I have ever heard!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Even the fact that the Chinese have a FARM to peform this disgusting operation should be a crime! SHAME ON THE CHINESE!! I don't care if the "bile" from animals is considered a healing property in China! THAT'S IS JUST PLAIN INHUMANE!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

edit on 16-8-2011 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: This thread is already long enough. No need for my two cents

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Well, I'm finally out of lurkdom- it's been some time I've been reading your posts, the wise, the frightening, the hilarious, the brave- and now I'm stepping in to say my piece at last. I hope I won't disappoint.

I'm brought out of the shadows to speak out on behalf of traditional Chinese medicine. As a practitioner of TCM trained and educated in the western world, I have to say that it is one of the most involved, brilliant, effective systems of medicine I know, and I've trained inside many. The use of animal products isn't exclusive to TCM, and it's something I reject outright inside of ANY medical system. Here in North America we test pharmaceutical products on all sorts of helpless creatures. No culture I can think of is exempt from participation in the poor treatment of our animal folk. So while we rightly condemn these horrific practices, we also need to remember that most of us are guilty of enabling atrocities of one kind or another, as our western culture makes a bazillions dollars by shielding our squeamish hearts from the route our food and medicines take to our plates and bodies. My heart goes out to these poor creatures, and to mistreated animals everywhere. I just hope we can find the grace and wisdom to welcome non-human people into our global family before we have lost the opportunity. I would like my people to leave a loving legacy on this fair blue dot :/ We do seem determined to ruin everything we touch, though, and I often find myself despairing, torn between knowing it must get worse before it can get better, and knowing that worse than where we are now is a fracking terrible thing. Ugh.

Thanks for reading. I'm off to drive home under chemtrail skies.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
This post shocked me completely...

It's so sad to see how some humans treat animals just for their own benefit.

When do we understand that we have to live WITH nature not AGAINST!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
My blood is boiling. For those who don't think these kinds of things go on, just go to youtube and type in "China skins dogs for their fur" They grab up stray dogs and cats, and stuff them in a cage where they can barely breathe it's so crowded. Then the hang them by their feet and skin them alive as they scream and writhe in pain....it's so horrible! My friend showed me a video some undercover person took. The poor animals were in so much agony. Once they removed all the fur, they just threw them with no skin in a huge pile, clearly in shock, to die a very slow agonizing death. It made me cry it was so awful. How can people be so cruel!

edit on 8/17/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

People that have no compassion and love for animals
are at the bottom of my list. What is wrong with people,
would they want the same done to them. Do they
think animals have no feelings? I am crying now and
do every time I see an animal tortured.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I wonder how people can do that and not feel anything. No compassion, no remorse, nothing. I had a post on this topic that I removed because I didn't feel it added anything to the discussion but in light of what you just posted, I'll restate it, because you mention real evidence we know is out there.

This original post about the bile bear mama is not verified as far as I was able to determine and as stated at the source. My objection to that site posting an unverified and very questionable sounding story is that it undermines the credibility of anti cruelty advocates who trumpet these possibly false stories instead of getting the very real, very visual verifiable evidence out to the public. Also we must resist the temptation to demonize an entire culture or people because I know there are many Chinese appalled at these practices and trying to stop them, just as there are many of us here in the west trying to end cruelty to racing horses and greyhounds, wild horses, and all manner of cruelly mistreated animals stuck in our "modern" industrialized farming system.

China does however, have a terrible problem in wholesale violation of basic standards of humane treatment of animals AND people that must be addressed if they wish to be respected as a first world superpower and not a third world cesspool wallowing in medieval style medicine. We need to acknowledge the Chinese people who are trying to fix these ills. The fact many of their practices are hidden and have to be filmed in stealth serves to show there are people over there ashamed of that sort of thing and trying to stamp it out.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

Very well said my friend. We need to stop the people who are doing these terrible things to animals, no one denies that. But people can be very primitive in thinking. They blame the country (as long as its not theres) as a whole, and not just the people who are doing this.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Hi Stealthykat, I too, saw a video just like that. the person was undercover, but it was EVERYTHING he could do to keep his composure while a sweet German Shepherd was tied to a iron fence, its tail was wagging (obviously was someones pet) and a guy cam up and skinned him alive and leave him lay still breathing... Same undercover guy also went to a warehouse where cats were crowded in big cages, and the cats would see their cage mates get electocuted right next to them...All for furr....all for money....all for heartless humans who want to look good and they never stop to think that the furs came off of living beings...That video enraged me many years ago and I forced myself to watch it at least four times----it is burned into my memory, to not forget.

And those poor bears. Unfortunately they are not the only beings who suffer because of humankinds heartlessness. there are many of us who suffer with them, it tears our souls apart, and when we try to save them, WE are the bad guys because we have interfered with the money factor....Look, WE who give a darn ALL have to take back our planet, OUR lives, fight for the lives and safety of not only other creatures but for our planet, too. If we just sit back and do nothing, we will have nothing left. Small numbers of people who care are apparently outnumbered by those who are greedy and those who are scared and those who do not care....
so meanwhile, cruel and sad as it may seem, MANY more vids like this MUST be put out so more and more people see them, and soon enough (before its too late) they (we) all will find it in their hearts to finnally do something about it..
....................................................................................................................................................
Thanks OP for starting this thread. It brought me still with more compassion for our animal friends who we share this planet with. For those who are affected by this, good. Watch the vids again, until it motivates you. their suffering some day will not be in vain.

OH, I remember now the name of that company killing dogs and cats...ACME fur company. Years ago folks were trying to get the word out to shut it down....dont know if that company still exists or if those people succeeded in shutting it down.
edit on 17-8-2011 by triplereiki because: needed to add something I remembered

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I know this site that is not about bears, but I thought I would add. The site is PETA. That is all I will type of it, and will not post any vid links. there are alot of sites out there about so much cruelty to bears, horses, you name it. We really need to see not only what is happening out there, but realize how much we all have some kind of effect on this.
As long as people have a demand, and have the money, it will continue. I do not know for sure how things like these can be stopped, but I know that once people find the solution to stop killing, hating and using eachother, then we easily find the way to co-exist with eachother, other life and out planet.

Please dont chew me out but this little story I will share could also apply to quite a few folks out there:
My mother loves to eat veal....I have seen vids on how those poor babies are taken from their mothers and cruelly treated especially in the trailer trucks. I asked my mother how could she eat the meat of a poor soul who may have been so mistreated. She turned and asked me, "Well, how could you eat a chicken or sheep that you raised?" I told her that our animals we raise for our own food are raised with love, fed well, protected, housed, cleaned up after, and even loved. I shared with her some things I knew about some veal farms, and told her that many people may go to a supermarket and see that nice meat on the display, but have no idea what suffering the poor animal went through before IT got onto the dinner table.....I told her "When you eat, you think about the good price you paid for it, how good it may taste with your wine, etc....When we eat, we give our thanks and appreciation because we could not live without it, plus they have a beautiful life, and when it comes their time, we do it quickly as humanly possible. We RESPECT our food."

She was speechless which was a first.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

yep... this thread skinned alive so you can look nice in your new outfit covers that attrocity.

I am still angry and the anger just wont lift....it has been nearly a week since I read this thread and I still feel incredibly angry

Somehow I don't think my feelings are going to change....

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by triplereiki

good on you for educating her. I don't eat lamb or veal.
Can't stomach it...as soon as I see it, I just feel sick.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I think that what makes this so sick is that animals know only what is in their nature and therefore are innocent all through their lives and humans... humans are very messed up creatures...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemory

I'm curious about something regarding the animals knowing their nature. Chimpanzees are known to kill for the pleasure of killing (its in their nature.)

Would that allow a person to excuse murder by saying "its in their nature"?

Animals are not all fluffy and big eyed cuddlebugs like people want them to be.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Why don't we all put some money together, and rent a nice big boat. We'll use this boat to transfer around 30 to 40 of us to china. Once there we will trade the excess cash we have accumulated for Chinese currency, and buy weapons (obviously we can't legally carry them over there, and they'll be cheaper there anyhow). We will go find these bile farms, and forcibly tear down the cages and free the bears. The weapons will be for self defense (from human and very possibly bears).

See we could actually do this. We really could make a difference. Instead of complaining, do something. You may come back home and have to go a month without electricity if you donate too much of your cash or you may be arrested in china for 4 or 5 years, but if we all made this sort of sacrifices things would get done.

Internet petitions don't do anything, and even in paper they rarely work as there still are no laws saying if you get X amount of Signatures # has to change. So who is willing to take a few risks to stop another living life form from being tortured? Or do you all value your freedoms and privileges more than you care about the suffering of living creatures?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
That is just seriously effed up, and I have seen effed up stuff. If bears can develop the will to kill themselves as a result of our human actions, then we are a sorry lot indeed. Imagine someone poking a large sharp tube into your side for hours on end. Thanks for the post!

S+F

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
and the really #ed up thing is the only # this "bile " does you for is to improve your eyesight and protect your liver according to the video posted below

it amazes me the outrageous things people will do just to get something so little

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29 >>

join