It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother bear kills cub then self at Chinese bile farm

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by pastaway

Your link is 100% accurate. I have been in an operation very similar to that. The male chicks are instantly ground up, and the females go down another conveyor to be used as laying hens. If one falls off the conveyor, it is just left to die, or trampled, or whatever. They are not treated as living things, they are treated as merchandise, because that is all they are.

The hatchery I went into weekly, probably processed 10,000 chicks a week. You figure that is about 5000 males ground up.

The problem isn't China, the problem is over-population, industrialization, consumption, and lack of humanity. We just consume-consume-consume, and therefore the factories just streamline and make more and more stuff, faster and faster, and the resources get used up, the landscape gets polluted, and the individuality and humanity gets destroyed.

We should all look at our daily habits for passing any blame in this. Maybe you don't consume bear bile, but I bet you get some eggs, and milk, and plastic disposable chinese silver ware, and plastic water bottles, etc., etc.

I'm vegan so no eggs or milk but I'm sure i know i make mistakes. Moral and ethical purity only exists in the mind methinks (utopia). We can only strive for such convictions in the objective reality and always fall short. We are all born out of a lottery some are rich some starve to death, some are caged and manipulated like these bears., some in tanks and some as loyal pets, some with intelligent freethought come on here and some are born as food. When it comes to animals we as humans are very particular we could be described as multiple personality disorder. All i believe is the world was born out of unity and unity should be the divine goal. Division was created by man and will be mans downfall.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

oh cmon, this post is such bull#. 'the mother cradled the cub in her arms before strangling her to death'? this is so clearly trying to humanise animal behavior. even if the bear did kill it's cub, it's alot more likely that it did so out of complete madness and it certainly didnt give it a cuddle first. and the it 'killed itself by running into a wall'? do you know how thick a bears skull is? that's just insane.
if these bile farms exist obviously that's horrific, but all this 'look a cat's crying because it's friend died' stuff just makes a mockery of animal cruelty.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by zombiemonkfish

I have dogs that know how to unlock both locks on my windows and go chill outside whenever they want. I also had a dog that I used to bring with me everywhere and we were best friedns, I had to stop bringing him all the time because my friends got sick of me always bringing my dog over.
Well, the dog loved going for car rides and hanging out and when I had to stop bringing him, he tried to hang him self from his runner leash, when my mom caught him just in time, 2 days later he ran out the front door straight into oncomming traffic.
I think a bear could get depressed and be smart enough to know how to commit suicide. Mron.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by zombiemonkfish

oh cmon, this post is such bull#. 'the mother cradled the cub in her arms before strangling her to death'? this is so clearly trying to humanise animal behavior. even if the bear did kill it's cub, it's alot more likely that it did so out of complete madness and it certainly didnt give it a cuddle first. and the it 'killed itself by running into a wall'? do you know how thick a bears skull is? that's just insane.
if these bile farms exist obviously that's horrific, but all this 'look a cat's crying because it's friend died' stuff just makes a mockery of animal cruelty.

I'm afraid what looks extremist may try a dollar from the vulnerable mind. What chance have vulnerable animals have when human predators try to extract money from manipulative charities.

animals don't have a chance so long as humans and money go side by side.

Animals are at our mercy and we have the ethics intelligence and morals to resolve this.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by pastaway

I'm afraid what looks extremist may try a dollar from the vulnerable mind. What chance have vulnerable animals have when human predators try to extract money from manipulative charities.

animals don't have a chance so long as humans and money go side by side.

Animals are at our mercy and we have the ethics intelligence and morals to resolve this cruelty. Like many you will be sickened by this go to bed and wake up to a new day a new post.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by R1220518

I don't really know what your dog learning to open the door has to do with anything? The problem is people projecting human behavior onto animals. I agree that alot of animals are highly intelligent and are concious, thinking creatures. But this post is another attempt to humanise animals which belittles the actual issue. Keeping an animal in cramped conditions is wrong for many reasons but a bear/dog/cat/chicken whatever having a 'soul' in their eyes or 'understanding you' is irrelevant and most likely wrong.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
You're wrong. They do have feelings. One day my cat was on the backyard fence with his girlfriend. They had been hanging out together for several months. And this day she kept backing off and walking away and wanting nothing to do with him. He tried several times to get her to interact, then he came over to me where I was sitting on the porch and he meowed and meowed so piteously, staring into my eyes with this look that said, 'do something.' I felt so bad. I just kept saying, 'I'm sorry Puss. I'm sorry.' What else could I do? But he was heartsick over her rejection. I didn't imagine it. It was real. They DO have feelings. Deal with it.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

You do know that they have to make the bears wear iron vests as they will continually hit themselves in the stomach until they die right? So obviously the suicidal thoughts have been on their minds, proving that humanizing is not what is happening.

Have you never seen how an animals reacts when one of their own dies? Chimps will cry and show emotion there is videos on ATS of it happening. Also have you never seen when the wildebeests attack the lions to get their fellow heard member back?

Seems like you are taking away thought processes from animals. They are much smarter than you think...

Pred...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
If my dumb goldfish can get so excited that they damn near jump out of the tank when they see me coming with food; then you can't tell me that higher mammals aren't sentient. To assume that only humans are capable of "emotion" is both arrogance and stupidity, a lovely combination of traits that humans who think they are smart are especially susceptible to.

The essence of this story is true. Bears are farmed for their bile in China. It is deplorable whether or not this particular bear committed suicide or went crazy. Whichever it was, it is equally deplorable that otherwise (apparently) sane humans would encourage such an "industry".

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Some may say altruism is not an instinct. Some may say instinct requires thought no matter how minimal. This thread shows how compassionate people can be towards a bear. Yet how can they eat meat? The most violent industry there is. I believe we have underestimated how intelligent animals are.
When you are driving and an insect is on your windshield how much distress is it experiencing? You don't know and neither do I. You were born to contribute on this site and they are those that are crushed, caged, made loyal pets.

Since animals cannot talk we sometimes feel we are at a distance from them. No matter how we feel an affinity towards them. We have speech in which we lie. Truth is love between us and animals and we must try harder.

An animals eyes have the power to speak a great language.That is why I became a vegan. When I saw the cows eyes looking at me I saw a fellow creature looking,at a fellow creature and that was me.

I may eat nothing for days worrying about the conflicting differing perceptions. Man , we might not even seen the colour green the same. There is so many subtle differences aswell as the wider ones it could drive you insane.

edit on 12-8-2011 by pastaway because: add a bit more

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
this is a second hand account ? kinda fishy to me. I could see the mother protecting her cub of course, but infanticide followed by suicide (by a head butt no less) is pretty sketchy

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187

You do know that they have to make the bears wear iron vests as they will continually hit themselves in the stomach until they die right? So obviously the suicidal thoughts have been on their minds, proving that humanizing is not what is happening.

Have you never seen how an animals reacts when one of their own dies? Chimps will cry and show emotion there is videos on ATS of it happening. Also have you never seen when the wildebeests attack the lions to get their fellow heard member back?

Seems like you are taking away thought processes from animals. They are much smarter than you think...

Pred...

I think you have to take a step back when people start talking about their CATS and their girlfriends.
Like I said, some animals are inteligent, and clearly concious but projecting emotion as we know it onto them is just wrong and unproven scientifically. The wildebeests clip on youtube you're talking about is an instictive group response to a threat, which is still amazing, but it doesn't mean those animals are responding for the same reasons and with the same emotional incentive that a group of humans would be if a child was being attacked.
Also what's this iron vest thing? I'd like to see some proof of that rather than just hurling information around as though they were facts. Even if that is true, which i doubt, don't you think that it's much more likely that they'd be in place to stop the bears from pulling any tubes out rather than them 'punching themselves in the stomach' in some kind of suicide bid?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
What im finding rather unbelievable is what does bullying
someone because they happen to mention their height,
and personal preference along with their reaction to this
article? This to me is childish and ridiculous.

I think some people have the illusion of having more
power over another and use it to continue an unecessary
bullish behaviour making it so that no one will question
their authority out of fear of being ridiculed for being honest.
This sounds exactly like what the Govt does to people on
a daily basis does it not. Your customers are the reason
this place exists.

"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for
people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."
-- Noam Chomsky

edit on 12-8-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

'unproven' is the key word there. We have no idea what animals are thing or how there brain works. I mean we are still in the infancy of learning how our own works, so to tell me how animals think is wrong as no one knows. Animals can be sad, angry, loving and nurturing, this is a fact, and those are human emotions...

infinity.usanethosting.com...

Go take a read of the link. It talks about iron vests...

Pred...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187

'unproven' is the key word there. We have no idea what animals are thing or how there brain works. I mean we are still in the infancy of learning how our own works, so to tell me how animals think is wrong as no one knows. Animals can be sad, angry, loving and nurturing, this is a fact, and those are human emotions...

infinity.usanethosting.com...

Go take a read of the link. It talks about iron vests...

Pred...

There is actually alot of research that goes into how the brain works, both in humans and in animals, and im sorry but there is just no scientific proof that animals feel 'sad, angry, loving and nurturing' only speculation.
But look this isn't why I got involved in the post. I just find it frustrating when people feel the need to dress up already pretty harrowing issues with bull# about a bear hugging it's child before strangling it and then running into a wall. There's no need, it's clearly nonsense, and it's unnecessary and just makes the whole issue look like wacko crap when it should be taken seriously.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Well if dogs have can have separation anxiety -

Separation Anxiety in Dogs is a condition where dogs, when left alone, exhibit distress and behavior problems. It is similar to Separation Anxiety Disorder that people experience when they are away from someone they feel strongly emotionally attached to (i.e. a father or mother). In pets' case, they become distressed and anxious when they are separated from their owner.

en.wikipedia.org...

- I'd say that animals can have feelings too.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DeVIAS

A pack animal developing behavioural problems due to extreme isolation is not the same thing as a bear showing compassion towards its cub and then ending its own life out of a deep sense of sorrow.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeVIAS

Separation Anxiety in Dogs is a condition where dogs, when left alone, exhibit distress and behavior problems. It is similar to Separation Anxiety Disorder that people experience when they are away from someone they feel strongly emotionally attached to (i.e. a father or mother). In pets' case, they become distressed and anxious when they are separated from their owner.

en.wikipedia.org...

- I'd say that animals can have feelings too.

If you make a fuss of dogs when you leave them its not good, it makes them fuss all the more When you make a fuss when you arrive it is not god. I mean good! heh!

www.youtube.com...

Animals do not tell lies. Then why do humans if they are superior!

edit on 12-8-2011 by pastaway because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2011 by pastaway because: add a bit

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Yeah ok, animals are just emotionless, brainless things that walk around and eat food, not capable of caring for their babies or knowing where they are or whats going on. I don't think this subject needs much proof. It's pretty obvious.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by pastaway

Originally posted by DeVIAS

en.wikipedia.org...

- I'd say that animals can have feelings too. [/q

www.youtube.com...

We must realise the instinct is inbred in all species, the question is when do morals arise? Men have penis and brain there is only enough blood for one to function at a one time.

I believe if you kill an insect you also kill part of yourself.

Animals do not tell lies. Then why do humans if they are superior!

edit on 12-8-2011 by pastawa
Heres to the bears.

extra DIV

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join