It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother bear kills cub then self at Chinese bile farm

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
reply to post by abeverage

It does not fricking MATTER whether this story "is true" or not - if it brought what's going on there to the attention of people IT SERVED A GOOD PURPOSE.

The cruel thing is NOT that "the bear killed itself"...but what they are doing with the animals. Whether the bear killed itself or not..does it even matter?
edit on 11-8-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

I am glad when any kind of cruelty comes to light (not just to animals) but I want it to be wrapped in Truth not propaganda that breeds hatred toward another race of humans.I am all up for a good debate and the possibility of making people aware of atrocities but I don't believe everything I read. All Chinese are not bad sorry FACT but this sort of skewed report creates racism and frankly I am sick of the lying sensationalism so yeah it does matter!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by awareness10
reply to post by Welsh Jester

Unfortunately that also is true. I watched a Documentary a few years ago on tv and i was

in complete disbelief at what i was watching, it was horrifying. It was a high classed \

restaurant in China and an extended family of about 12 people at this table eating live

baby Octopus'. This father was sitting next to his 2 yr old showing them how to eat it,

which involved plunging a fork into its head then wrapping the legs around the fork so

that this child could just, eat it, live. It was sickening. They love bugs too particularily

live Tarantulas. And yes, i watched a woman in her 60's as she at this thing LIVE yes,

live in front of the guys taking the documentary, westerners they were. And they looked

much like they could have vomited right there on camera. You never believe this stuff

until you actually see it close up like that. It's like some of these people have no sense

of respect for anything, they dont seem to have souls.

I have to disagree with you here, there are so many cultures that aren't advanced enough to enjoy a pre-cooked meal or pre-slaughtered meat at the market like we can here in America. Do some traveling around the world, go to rural villages and you'll see people eating live food, live seafood, and whatever else you find disgusting because that is ALL they can eat!

I just watched an episode of Gordon Ramsay's great escape where he went to a rural village in India where they make chutney with ANTS as the main ingredient, they have to climb up trees, cut down a specific ant nest and eat them with their eggs. Any coastal city eats live fish, crab, oyster, octopus, sea urchin and anything they can get their hands on. This is completely natural, people kill to eat but the moment you've become desensitized to it and also have this self-righteous feeling that you are above your fellow humans, you've become inhuman.

Who are we to judge what others eat when we don't even have the balls to hunt down our own food? it's easy to judge when you can walk to the market and put pre-packaged foods in your cart, isn't it?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I relent a bit eating live Octopus made me a bit ill...but I have often wondered from a Buddhist stand point would they just be releasing that soul to another life? I mean Zero offense by that just an observation.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
I relent a bit eating live Octopus made me a bit ill...but I have often wondered from a Buddhist stand point would they just be releasing that soul to another life? I mean Zero offense by that just an observation.

From a Buddhist standpoint, as I am a Buddhist, if the animal was inhumanely slaughtered and eat (or whatever) then that is the animal's karma.

In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with eating what is natural, anything in this world is edible, if you die it is your fault but it is our right on this world to eat whatever we can eat to survive, is it not?

I find it more disgusting that we human beings can look down on our own kind for eating what they want to eat. It is ok to eat meat but one must be aware of the labor and suffering that has taken place for one meal to be eaten. It is the act of being mindful of everything around you and having compassion for those that are not as fortunate.

P.S. Even though they respected the horse, the Mongols used to cut the vein of a horse and drink it's blood on long journeys, is that wrong too?
edit on 11-8-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I don't get why they don't just run chemical tests on all these things and just use raw materials. Bear bile cannot be that exotic of a slurry that we can't just replicate it. I've used chinese herbal suppliments and even some jow's and they all worked as described so there has to be something to it.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I admit i eat chicken.
I dont however harvest bears / use them 4 making my pepe erect of 4 stamina!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
As a species, us humans are cruel and evil.
We are a bacteria on this planet.

I have kids and love my life, but if Mother Nature decided enough was enough and cured the planet off us, I wouldnt blame her. We are an awful species.

Money and more money, at ANY and ALL costs...

Sickening. And we all are to blame, we eat the food, wear the clothes and buy the stuff with animal parts in it. Every single damn one of us. We as a "species", all of us, are to blame. "we".
Me included.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Just had a horrible thougt:

What does bear bile taste like?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Well then, maybe i should have included that these people Did have access to stoves and fire and supermarkets then. And that no, people living in the bush including your great ancestors may have done this to some extent. I was just noting that baby octopus' and other small creatures like tarantulas Feel just like those Bears did upon
being tortured before being used for unecessary needs like enlarging your manhood etc. or eaten. The INhumane part of all this is that they were tortured they do feel pain. Killing something quickly before eating it is much
different, as most here would agree. And lots of cultures have. My visual experience however was one i chose
to share here. Nothing personal ok, just my opinion of the abuse going on and how disgusting it is.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Well, I went and looked and read your thread even though I didn't really want to but I did it anyway. I knew it would be bad by the title. I never knew such a thing existed and it saddens and sickens the soul. I can't imagine the arrogance and uncaring attitudes, the mindset of people who would do such things to animals. It makes me ask myself who the real "animals" are.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I really had no idea about this one. Thanks for bringing this up! I'm reposting that Jackie Chan clip!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Look at the way nature operates, animals hunting in packs, even lions ganging up on an elephant and chewing it and hanging on until til it gives up and let's them eat it completely.

Don't get it wrong we were MEANT to eat things raw and alive, if science and knowledge gives us the capability to humanely end an animals life for food then we should of course use it. One thing we cannot do is to look down on others and call other cultures disgusting because we feel they are beneath us. Not every single human being advances on the same level.

Since America is the most advanced nation in human/animal rights, shouldn't that make us the WORST offenders since we're supposed to know the most and know better than the rest of the world? Some will say no because we didn't have an opportunity to progress to the point where we can help others advance to our level of 'human/animal rights'. Then why are other cultures and nations being judged because they haven't progressed to our level yet?

The only thing we can do is spread awareness, be mature about it and practice what we preach. Eat and buy locally produced goods from trusted farmers that treat your products with respect. Start it at the local level and let it grow. Let us own capitalism, not the other way around.
edit on 12-8-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
What the? Am I the only one who finds this story a tad bit unrealistic?

Edit: Nevermind discovery channel just aired a special on how bears can preform Chinese arithmetic while dismantling the theory of evolution within the announcement of the unprecedented bear god Baloo.

PS. farming bears for a possible placebo is sadistic.
edit on 12-8-2011 by Cib2010 because: Propaganda.

edit on 12-8-2011 by Cib2010 because: bubbled in

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Im new to site, had a friend refer me to it... this being the first post i read. I truly am sad to be a human being. Its horrible that these things are going on and most dont even know about it. "Me, until now for example". Bear bile for increased stamina or other benefits? Why not just go eat Albert Einstein's crushed bones? ya may get smarter

/end sarcasm

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

AND WE BUY MADE IN CHINA ...probably all of us everyday.

I am making it my business and personal mission to stop buying anything from China or made in China. It will be hard and know I won't be able to wean myself totally right away... but eventually I will be CHINA FREE.
Not my government...but I will.

MADE IN CHINA is firmly implanted and synonymous with a swastika in my mind. There is no going back, no lightening up, overlooking or forgiveness.
My government may reward and ignore flagrant human rights violations and grotesque animal torture, but I can't. I don't know if my consciousness level just went up or I just finally had the last straw. I thought US and CHINA made strange bedfellows and now it is like this "bedfellow" gave me a disease. I can't cure myself of the filth I feel buying MADE IN CHINA unless I just stop doing it.

I've tried to avoid this but even on my drive home I see the words in my head. Maybe if I say something it will leave my mind. My mind cannot handle this distress right now (or ever) but now it is in the member pick section and so the first thing I see. Tired of asking people to be humane. Glad so many here are against it.
I wonder about the people who request and demand this product and others that are similar like rhino horn and whale penis, shark fins, dolphin slaughter and dog fur.
Who are these people? Are they human like me? I would like to see a side by side comparison in every area because I doubt we are exactly the same creature and we should not assume we are.
Why do whole nations of people accept this sort of harvesting? Keeping something alive to take a part of it and keep taking a part? This is not human behavior. Not acceptable human behavior anyway.
Why does America and anything American associate with this country? I was thinking on the drive home we should disassociate ourselves from China. For the human rights violations of course. Trying to figure why we put up with them now...beside we owe them money. People birth their own people and so I think areas have more right to govern themselves than say we do to govern them. But there must be exceptions, some line you can cross. We disagree with how people are treated but it is their country so we let them slide and self govern. Animals belong to no country or government like I think the people do. They are special cases.
Animals are world-community property unlike people who are sovereign unto themselves and their land. For this reason I think we should ALL have a say in the minimum basic requirements for humanity of course toward people most acutely children and elderly and animals.
Why don't we have at least that?
This planet sucks and I'd like one that doesn't have and doesn't allow people to behave this way. I am glad that I am old and will be dead soon.
We should stop all business with Japan and China and everywhere else guilty of human rights violation and furthermore exactly this sort of animal cruelty and torture. It is our right to represent an ideology and our government has no right to supersede our wishes. Everyone wonders and has wondered why are we doing business with China when they are clearly and obviously red handedly guilty of numerous human rights violations?
Did we forget those, over look them, ignore them or block them out? Is that what we are doing?
It is like a mass hypnotism.

Who made the decision to allow business/ interaction with China in spite of their record of human rights violations? Did we all leave the room for a minute and this got pushed through? I know we did not all agree on it.

So how do we protest this activity and quit/dealings with China right now?
Boycott Japan and China and their products as well as American companies that take their business there. Boycott them ourselves if our government doesn't have the integrity or will to do so.

edit on 12-8-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

if its not american made we dont need it.

/sign #2 on boycot list

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I just wanted to add... that just because people eat their food live,
it doesnt make it right or sane. Imagine if you will, aliens coming
to this planet, say... the Anunnaki, big gigantic beings, hungry
after a long long trip through space. Who's to say they aren't
Cannibals? Can anyone imagine being eaten alive by something
twice your size, and then imagining what they're conversations
would be as these here are.

Anunnaki - But these HU MANS taste like, Chicken, and they
are just dumb animals who can't communicate with us, i don't
see anything wrong with eating them live, it's just the way it's
always been done, its our culture!!!

Humans seem to think they are more intelligent than animals
right, but who's to say an Alien Race would think themselves
superior to Humans wouldnt think the same way most people
think about Animals? It does seem the more intelligent a race
becomes, the less compassionate they become for other life
forms around them including the Environment. It becomes all
take and no give.

hmmm takes on a whole different meaning when you turn the
picture upside down and backwards doesn't it.
edit on 12-8-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

So, America is not guilty of human rights violation. Have you seen iraq lately? have you seen the deformed children that are born everyday in iraq due to the weapons used in that pointless, illegal war. Does that mean all of Americans are evil? no it does not. People like you little in a bubble. Your good at blaming every country but your own, and i feel sorry for you, i really do.

The whole world is guilty of doing terrible things. Look at the rain forests being destroyed so you can send your birthday cards and read your newspaper. We are all hypocrites, some if us just don't like to admit it .

Your just another one of these sheep who can't look at a country as individual. If one person kills animlas, then they all kill animals. If one eats dog, then they all eat dog.

This Chinese hate propaganda from Americans scared of losing their crown is getting boring!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

OMG! Thank you so much for sharing this story. How sad, and how enlightening about the consciousness of animals. Terrible however, what it says about some human beings and their practices which consider animals not as feeling creatures, but as mere things. The bear in this case revealed that it possessed a higher morality than the humans. Very informative, thanks again.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
The average human is very sick in the head.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join