It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Several Objects Inbound with Elenin. 2 Observatories Confirm ---- Aug 2011

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainInstaban

I was stating my opinion. Everything I state is my opinion unless I explicitly state otherwise.

I changed my opinion about what appeared in the images when more information was provided.

My opinion was, and is that there are not "several objects inbound with Elenin."

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Why?

The roll did not interrupt the normal observation of the Sun by the spacecraft. It is a target of opportunity which provides a chance to learn more about comets.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by beltemps
Ok, i read the whole thread (yeah tell me about it) and I guess it's pretty obvious now that these objects are registered asteroids. Nonetheless the op's intention for this thread was legit. There was a question (at least for the majority here) and it's got answered...

Only thing that sticks out is this azazel kid... you write a lot in CAPITAL LETTERS... Is your typewriter broken or is it just an inferiority complex? Pls lay down on my couch, I just get a pen and my notebook and we'll talk about it...

Azazel in a former life?

Banned Agent Smith?

Here is the photo of Elenin that Phage linked too.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dc4de00cfb8f.gif[/atsimg]
stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...
edit on 9-8-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I was stating my opinion. Everything I state is my opinion unless I explicitly state otherwise.

Really now, normally people say, `In my opinion`´, or `´I think``, to show it is just their opinion. If people say stuff like this,

There are no other objects. What there are artifacts from the processing of the images and hot pixels. Here is the most recent image:

,they are claiming things as fact, obviously. You left no room for other options, and this is how people viewed your post.

Next time you post your opinion, add that it is just your opiinion, just like us mere mortals are expected to do.

I know it gives you little room to wriggle your way out of things, but jeah, welcome to the real world.

edit on 9-8-2011 by CaptainInstaban because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Originally posted by dron020
sungrazer.nrl.navy.mil...

Beginning August 1st 2011, we started to roll the STEREO-B spacecraft for two hours per day to observe Elenin. We were unable to maintain this roll angle (~135-deg) because it negatively impacts the science return from all the other instruments on STEREO which rely on the 0-degree roll angle. Why did we even have to roll at all? Here's a good analogy: If you look through a cardboard tube, you can easily see a crowd of people 30ft away while missing a person standing 12-inches to your right. That was STEREO's problem -- the comet was so close, we would actually miss it at our nominal roll angle! So we are rolling the spacecraft and are observing it... successfully!

On the left is the first set of images taken of the comet on August 1st, 2011 (click the image for a bigger animation). You can easily see the comet moving against the background star field on the center-right of the images. (Sirius is the big bright star that is 'bleeding' down towards it, and M42 and the constellation Orion can be seen on the left.) This small fuzzy ball is what all the fuss has been about. It's clearly not a "second Sun", or a brown dwarf, or giant super-comet, alien spacecraft, or any other such fanciful object. It's just an ordinary little comet. It doesn't even have much of a tail visible -- just a nice central nucleus and classic diffuse coma. It is somewhat reminiscent of Comet Holmes from a few years back, but is substantially smaller than that object.

Interesting to know that they made this roll over maneuver to observe such an insignificant comet.
Do you think this Roll over is unsusial ?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Huh?
If it isn't my opinion and I don't provide some other source what else could it be? Yes, my opinion was wrong. Or am I missing your point?

Would it make you happy if I changed my sig to say "the statements of the member are his own unless explicitly stated otherwise?"

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yes it would, then everyone would be like "WHY DID PHAGE CHANGE HIS SIG TO THAT" xD
edit on 9-8-2011 by AzazeI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The point is that you get away with passing of your opinion as fact, and don´t ´huh´ me, you know damn well what I am talking.about.

Other posters get burned down for posting their opinion as fact.

Again, you left no room for your statement to be viewed as anything other than a fact.

Here let me help you,

IMO, there are no other objects. I THINK What there are artifacts from the processing of the images and hot pixels. Here is the most recent image:

Now, that´s your opinion.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
It's quite clear to me this is an invasion fleet. Dispite the fact that Comet C/2010 X1 will miss Earth by 21 million miles, I'm convinced these objects will suddenly veer off their projected trajectories and enslave all life on Earth.

They are probably after the essence of our natural fluids.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You are very accurate in practically all of your post replies. Some might not read your reply this time as a personal opinion, but non the less you should be allowed to correct your self like every one else.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Why?

The roll did not interrupt the normal observation of the Sun by the spacecraft. It is a target of opportunity which provides a chance to learn more about comets.

According to Spaceweather.com," On August 9, 2011 there were 1241 potentially hazardous asteroids."
They sure didn't roll over to look at any of these.
spaceweather.com...
Or these:
ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...
ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...
ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...
ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...
ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...
ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

link   

Originally posted by Zortex
It's quite clear to me this is an invasion fleet. Dispite the fact that Comet C/2010 X1 will miss Earth by 21 million miles, I'm convinced these objects will suddenly veer off their projected trajectories and enslave all life on Earth.

They are probably after the essence of our natural fluids.

I love how that ^ is your first post xD a crazy theory with a picture of a nazi ufo fleet classic ats'er

star for you buddy
edit on 9-8-2011 by AzazeI because: (no reason given)

link   

In my opinion the phrase "IMO" is redundant, silly, and a cop out.
My first impression, my opinion, was wrong.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Were any of them within the field of view of a STEREO satellite? Would targeting them have required turning the spacecraft away from the Sun? Would any of them been bright enough to appear in any of the sensors on the spacecraft?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Hi guys. I see this thread has taken on a life of It's own.

Unfortunately, as those who have bothered to read past page one would know, these objects are asteroids and were photographed much earlier this year... not August.

I know the sensationalist title is just begging to be flagged...but this is why ATS introduced the unflag feature, for when the sensationalist title is shown to be wrong.

Unflag for quality's sake I say.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Were any of them within the field of view of a STEREO satellite? Would targeting them have required turning the spacecraft away from the Sun? Would any of them been bright enough to appear in any of the sensors on the spacecraft?

I don't know, there were only 1241 of them.
Here is my silly redundant cop out statement.
Please review my signature.

Good night everyone, where ever you are.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

In my opinion the phrase "IMO" is redundant, silly, and a cop out. My first impression, my opinion, was wrong.
reply to post by Phage

So, you won´t even admit that others here are expected to not post opinion as fact.

Do you think yoo are special, and that this doesn´t count for you?

This is your signature,

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. -Mark Twain

It gives the impression, that what you post is a checked fact., unless it is specifically mentioned it is opinion.

Just admit that your post left no room for it being an opinion, and acknowledge the fact that the same rules apply to you, as to others.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AzazeI

Unflag then HOAX...

I'm down with that.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join