It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Sorry I did not get your point originally. It usually is the second generation immigrants that cause the most problems in a country anyway. But that brings up too many tough questions, you cannot send them back home because technically the UK is their home but most of them do not feel attached to the ethics/values/customs of the country. I think a system of repatriotization of first and second generation immigrants should be instated, which would allow everyone to leave that does not feel at home.

Other than that there really is no other solution, unfortunately, without causing a clear violation of international human rights. Lock them up in jail for their crimes, unfortunately that is the best we can do today.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

agreed. not at all

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo
Anyone else find it a bit of a coincidence that this has all happened right when the main cabinet is all on holiday?

If you were going to plan an attack, when would you do it? Their vacations were public knowledge.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
And your opinion makes it hard for us to muster any sympathy from this side of the pond.
I like the opinion of an actual victim, that store owner who lost his family business. He said point blank to BBC without being asked that if he was allowed to have a gun he would have shot the little b#stards.

So don't assume you represent everyone over there, we don't.

The fact is that he is emotionally involved, in his position I would say the same. But as an Englishman who is not involved, I can guarentee you if he had opened fire he would be dead now and his shop would still have been burnt down.

Then reports of public being shot would spread like wildfire, gangs would bring out their guns, poolice would get theirs... in our tightly packed and crowded streets it would become a bloodbath.

Again our cities are built differently to yours, look at northern Ireland, thats what happens when you put guns in cities like ours. Innocent people die, lots of them.
edit on 8-8-2011 by StevenDye because: Removed part of the quote by mistake

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I guess we should be thankful the death toll remains perpetually low at this point

I don't usually pay attention to "news" but this feels very big to me, I await in anticipation to see what the government try implement after this situation,

Perhaps mass raids will occur in Tottenham in an attempt to reclaim "loot"

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
Stupidity.

Glorification of criminality. Gangstas are wicked cool apparently.

They're well quality.

From the looks of them they'd be out pissed on a Monday night kicking someone's teeth in anyway.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

Aren't they on holiday most of the time anyway?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo
Anyone else find it a bit of a coincidence that this has all happened right when the main cabinet is all on holiday?

When the hell are

they NOT on a *holiday*..

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by allintoaccount

People get lots(!) of stars for calling someone racist (ever seen WalkingFox on here?). Just ignore them, they will get their stars, feel good about themselves and look stupid to those of us who actually view both sides.

link   

Originally posted by StevenDye

The fact is that he is emotionally involved, in his position I would say the same. But as an Englishman who is not involved, I can guarentee you if he had opened fire he would be dead now and his shop would still have been burnt down.

Then reports of public being shot would spread like wildfire, gangs would bring out their guns, poolice would get theirs... in our tightly packed and crowded streets it would become a bloodbath.

Again our cities are built differently to yours, look at northern Ireland, thats what happens when you put guns in cities like ours. Innocent people die, lots of them.

Dont be silly, of course he wouldn't. He would be arrested and go to jail afterwards but his shop would be standing. These are stupid bored greedy people, not jhadis. The first looter bleeding out on the tarmac would have the rest move on to easier pickings.

There are many arguments against being armed but this would not be happening if we were. People wont risk being shot in the face to steal a toaster.

link   
hearing alot of stuff about these riots on facebook now and people planning rioting in hampshire were i live pretty strange and to add to it gettin messages on bbm about police blocking it

needless to say quite a bit is goin on.....

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I have been following it live on BBC news 24 since Saturday.
I remember the riots of the 80s but this is different since there were no twitter or facebook then or even mobile phones unless you were a businessman.

In Birmingham its just reported that Police have made 87 arrests.....
Cameron and Johnson are on their way home.
A Cobra meeting has been arranged for 9am in the morning.
Cobra meetings are usually convened following a terrorist attack-about time the gov realised that this is serious.
Football games cancelled including a doubt over the friendly at Wembley against Holland on Wednesday.
Not that the majority will care-it is a miracle no one has been killed,these stores that have been set alight have residential accomodation above.It is sad to say it-but maybe it will have to take fatalities to stop this.

link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

I am new to this, and not really into this topic on ATS, but I must comment now...
What a polar, total difference is this ridiculous mayhem in London to:

- 'indignados' in Spain and Greece, protesting with dignity and never looting....They have a schedule, BTW
- a 'revolution' in Egypt, where the protestors even cleaned after themselves, people in suits and poor ones together...

I have just read the article on the dailymail....Watched the news on MSM, and some other... This is appalling...How it is out of control...But was to be expected...

For all of you, chanting it is against the NWO ( which I am against as well) - you are mad...
This is just a disorderly, crazy, silly, looting riots by a mad crowd...

And not to discard the roots, I thing Mr. Sherlock Holmes has explained, and others did.. There-s a reason for this, since a while... Unjustice.....

For me- it just seems like a cluster of gangs ( oh, so available in London), doing mayhem, no real schedule...

This is no revolution, this is blind, angry, aimless riot

link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

What exactly is the real driving force/motivation behind these London riots, other than the shooting??

Criminal intent I imagine. But you gotta admit this is a great distraction opportunity for the government. The new economic crash is going to cause far more damage than a few burnt buildings.

ALS

link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

but then we go down the route of saying that this is highly organised by someone with the intention to do damage to the government while their pants are down, which does fly in the face of evidence.

I guess we need to identify who stands to benefit after this has been resolved if we are to consider it to be more than just spontaneous looting and burnings by disgruntled youths.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Umm there are thousands of troop based in & around London capable of dealing with it LOL who said only 500?

2 PWRR
1 RAR

And quite a few more battalions

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

And your opinion makes it hard for us to muster any sympathy from this side of the pond.

We don't need, nor want, any sympathy from Americans.

I like the opinion of an actual victim, that store owner who lost his family business. He said point blank to BBC without being asked that if he was allowed to have a gun he would have shot the little b#stards.

He was speaking out of emotion. In reality, he wouldn't have opened fire on a dozen or so arsonists - who would also be carrying guns if everyone was armed - unless he was feeling suicidal.

edit on 8-8-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by allintoaccount

troll troll troll your boat , tut tut tut
where do i use the word black?
no integrity, ergo troll ,

i dont report, i enlighten the reader.

If you like I can go one further and get the mod who banned you yesterday to IP check your new account.

You don't learn, do you? Stay in your position WelshExtremist, or I'll properly report you to the mods.
edit on 8-8-2011 by NadaCambia because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by justwokeup

Yes, but this came from a conversation saying we should all be able to have guns. If this was the case, which would have allowed the shop owner a gun, then so would the people who set it on fire. As is, the majority would run. Though lets nopt forget the reports that city-wide gangs were declaring ceasefires to take part in the riots, I would imagine they are armed and would fire back if shot at.

But no, in the situation discussed if we could all be armed as in America, then if he opened fire he would now be dead. Because other rioters would have shot him in their own self defence.

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join