It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by StevenDye

I dont believe it would happen like that.

These are opportunist thieves doing it precisely because they can get away with it with minimal fear of consequences.

The armed mob scenario is preposterous unless people are actually starving. If they just want free trainers would see an armed owner and move on. Probably to steal your stuff as you look on helpless.

There are lots of guns in London now. Only in the arms of the gangs.

I dont expect you will agree, and your view is the majority view so its all academic anyway.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by britchik
Oh dear this is worse than I thought - sorry to be so down but what with the way that this has spread amongst the youth in parts of London and the UK and their love of social media and instant messaging and you tube etc - this behaviour I fear will go global.

I can imagine the kids in US Europe etc thinking surely our police response won't be much better - let's have a go too - I'm sure they are just as disaffected, bored, immoral as some of our Brit Youths and will see it as a great opportunity to have a ruck.

I imagine the kids in US, Europe, etc. will notice the shiny machine guns the poilce in other countries are carrying and think twice about trying it on. Like em or not, we have one of the least deadly police forces in the world. Non- gun carrying - of that we should at least be proud. There is no way I would want the prolific gun culture of the US in the UK. No disrespect to the US, I just think that routinely armed police on patrol in the UK would cause an escalation of gun crime in the UK.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
It looks like there is going to be a civilian uprising:
www.facebook.com...#!/event.php?eid=247307718625241
Being organised on facebook

link   
0045: West Midlands Police confirm that a police station in Holyhead Road in Handsworth, Birmingham, is on fire.

link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

Whew they aren't ff'n around out there! Well at least the crowd is on board for cleaning up their neighborhoods. At least there are people rooting for the police.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Recollector
Tomorrow - Martial Law.
Riots won't be content (read bellow why).
Economic collapse...

What better reason to install Martial Law BEFORE an economic collapse, which (without martial law) will make these riots look like a picnic.

So, my bet is that UK (who riots quite often) KNOW that economic collapse is coming probably in days, and want a PROBLEM (the current riots) and have troops ALREADY in the streets (SOLUTION).

These riots are provoked by gov. spooks to install martial law before the imminent collapse.

You could well be onto something with this. It may not need to go as far as martial law as the concept of protesting will now be tainted for quite some time and any organisers will have a hard time getting support whilst shops are still being repaired.

link   
It's kicked off here in Liverpool now in Toxteth. This is just unbelievable.

link   
0045:

West Midlands Police confirm that a police station in Holyhead Road in Handsworth, Birmingham, is on fire.

link   
reply to post by justwokeup

Oh no, I think to a rational mind you are completely correct. In the adrenaline fueled mind of both the rioter and shop owner desperately protecting his shop however, conventional thinking goes out of the window. And I think someone would fire, possibly even on accident, and then everyone would shoot.

edit on 8-8-2011 by StevenDye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

There is still large police presence, but they are now scattered about all over London.

To those saying about them not using force.........a) The IPCC are watching b) as someone said, they got bad press and are bothered about using force and c) Don't light a match near gas.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Why are the media only giving a one sided view on these riots. During the Egyptian uprising there were student/youth spokespersons having air time to tell the other side of the story. Why is this not happening here? Our government praised Egyptian rioters, but nothing said here, except they are all scum....

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gabby123
It's kicked off here in Liverpool now in Toxteth. This is just unbelievable.

Someone said that London riots often...can someone tell me how true that is? B/c this is just insane...Cnn REALLY should be covering this b/c it would be for no gain whatsoever. Just news not overthrow dictator propaganda (bs).
edit on 8-8-2011 by iamusic because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2011 by iamusic because: add propaganda...and sp

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Breaking news being reported that there are now riots in liverpool!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Looks my source earlier was right, Liverpool is kicking off now.

link   
So now a Birmingham police station is on fire and it's really going down in Liverpool from the Sky News feed.

This just went up a few notches

link   
Setting fire to a police station?

That's an attack on civilians.

Time to get tough on these scumbags.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by iamusic

Not often perhaps, I may have been a bit too forward there. But it is not rare either, the student protests in london were only last year.

link   
reply to post by Fatmandy

Can you fix this link please? It's just taking me to my fb home . I'm on my phone, so.tricky to select the whole link and paste

link   
Lots of veiled and not so veiled criticism of the internet and social media on SKY.

Never let a crisis go to waste.

link   
0054:

There are reports of a fire at the Sony warehouse in Enfield, north London.

top topics

<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join