It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 65
<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MediaMonkey

Totally agree, I was saying this earlier to a friend, is it because these areas hold no worth to TPTB? what would the response be if things kicked off in Chelsea?

The police response does have me thinking

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Did anyone just hear the women who woke up in her house with a man standing over her bed?

S*** man...

and they stole from her....

This is getting really, really bad.

The reporter is going to stay until the police get to her.... she sounds terrified and shaken.

WOW

On sky news?

edit on 8/8/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

Yep listening to it now.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamusic
Um i'm sorry but that video that was just posted about Birmingham is simply nuts. It seems more like anarchy taking over...i've never ever understood "anarchists".
Anarchy breeds opportunistic greed. I mean did you see the clothes that the thugs had on in that video? Really they need to steal? GTFOH

The only people who advocate anarchy are the gangsters, they will rule in such an environment.

im wondering when the police will ask for help off the public?

link   
I wonder if this has anything to do with the Police not doing very much about stopping the rioting ?

Trying to prove a point.

I hope not.

link   
some people may wanted to make a clear demostration for maybe positive use and now everyone has lost any hope or respect for these demonstrations...

This is so utterly stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now people going into shops to steal everything, adidas, mcdonalds, etc. what a load of bollocks this people are doing, its so upsetting!

apperantly now in Candem and tower bridge

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by azulejo

###Camden not Candem

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
this is not anarchy

this is more like...opportunitistic criminals

I agree

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

my bad

"Camden town!"

Shame, that area is very nice

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Do you not think blowing them up with a torpedo is a little extreme? In my personal opinion sending them back to their god forsaken islands would be far worse than killing them.

But in all seriousness, I do think any of these people who are immigrants should be deported, end of story.

link   

Originally posted by bigyin
I wonder if this has anything to do with the Police not doing very much about stopping the rioting ?

Trying to prove a point.

I hope not.

Good find and an interesting thought that the police are making a point by letting it get a little out of control so they can have their spending restored. If this was true I don't really know how i feel. I can sympathise with the men and women who serve as police but at the same time it would be a brutal way to make a point.

link   
reply to post by DBCooper71

this is terrible i feel for the poor woman, im glad the reporter has stayed with her not many would unless it got more ratings.
i was planning on going on holiday in london this week glad i didnt

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MediaMonkey
reply to post by thinkwotuwill

My opinion and take on whats going on doesn't mean # sat in my cosy bed on the south coast of england. But to hazard an uninformed guess I think it's a mixture of the desperate, the criminal, the opportunists and a touch of a higher power allowing the situation to escalate to make a statement of fear.

If Cameron comes back from his vacation and fixes this, he stands to benefit a great deal. It also will discourage more protests as political ones have been growing in London. I find it hard to believe that when the police were able to stop several thousand peaceful protesters outside the banks several months ago, that they cannot deal with 200 pissed off 'youths' with nothing but supposed greed in their eyes.

According to the Google 'riot' map there are 40 London areas currently on fire. There are a great deal more than 200 people involved. AFAIK, there are more than 200 hoodies in Camden alone! We are talking about a combined number in the thousands...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

? All immigrants shoudl be deported?

Explain please

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by azulejo
reply to post by Misoir

? All immigrants shoudl be deported?

Explain please

What?

I said any of these looters/rioters who are immigrants should be deported. How did you get "all immigrants should be deported" out of that?

link   
Red Ken was saying earlier that this is dis-affected Youth who have been ignored by the Government, venting their anger...........FFS it was his beloved Labour Party who, over the past 12 years have perpetuated the great Rich Poor divide..........he is so Fecking pathetic............pathetic individual...........

There will be Troops on the streets in the morning......seroiusly............watch this space...........!!

Starting tomorrow......the Police will be supported by troops .....

PDUK

link   
Statement from Scotland yard,

www.tweetdeck.com...

The riots are getting closer to us now, Luton is about to kick off as well,

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by zanoni7

some of them are not really current as they actually happened yesterday

if you clck you gte the date

I also got O_O when I saw so many fire icons!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
A dozen police officers for hundreds of rioters? Sounds like their letting it happen. Why? Distraction! From what? Economic collaspe!

ALS

Possibly at this point harsh police action could only cause more rioting.

Tough call, no matter how you look at it, but it could be like throwing gasoline on a raging fire now, in other words motivating even more rioting, looting, lawlessness etc.

This all seems similar to the riots following the Rodney King verdicts in Los Angeles years ago.

Only worse! much worse, and widespread.

Thing is, the blacks in LA were oppressed, victims of racism and this was their opportunity to vent all of that, and of course steal what they could.

What exactly is the real driving force/motivation behind these London riots, other than the shooting??

Economic?

Racism?

What?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

sorry I probably didnt read it properly

but thanks for explaining!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Do you not think blowing them up with a torpedo is a little extreme? In my personal opinion sending them back to their god forsaken islands would be far worse than killing them.

But in all seriousness, I do think any of these people who are immigrants should be deported, end of story.

With respect...you are a little Niaeve......''Deported'' back to the UK ?????

Trust me on this............ A Torpedo is the better solution...........you are not a Liberal are you ???

PDUK

top topics

<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join