It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 66
<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Did anyone just hear the women who woke up in her house with a man standing over her bed?

S*** man...

and they stole from her....

This is getting really, really bad.

The reporter is going to stay until the police get to her.... she sounds terrified and shaken.

WOW

On sky news?

Sky News? Rupert Murdoch!

It was probably the reporter who broke in in the first place!!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by azulejo

im sorry i do not beleive a single bit of that.

im not racist, just anti immigrant. it is of my oppinion that the white working class have more to kick off about than the people whom have abandoned their homelands and their people.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
oh dear so many places, im watching sky news and the reporter was holding a huge tv that was stolen from currys then dumped and smashed in the street, why??

this has got way out of control.

i was wondering when it would kick off at luton
there is a lot of tension in the communities there.
but it is worrying how its seems to be spreading more north from london.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
in my opinion the call to fund more police training is not a good idea. The problem is when events like this happen we need more police, but for normal day to day life a few bobbys wondering around the area is enough with all the officers on call.

We don't need police, this is YOUR country, if they enter your area get them to # off. They seem to be calling this a war, choose your side and go for it.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg
Anyone who knows how to shoot more than 200 yards and how to run and hide...my point is that if a few people made a stand,told these a*sholes that the streets arent theirs,then it would end...if you want your country taken by force and allowed to do what the a*shole splease ,its on you

You're living in la-la-land. All of you American hoplophiles claim to have the shooting skills and precision of a military-trained sniper - or, at least, believe that everyone of your gun-toting populace possesses these skills.

If everybody was armed in London, we would be talking about dozens of people - mostly innocent - dead; shopkeepers, passers-by and police.

I saw this thread on ATS today, where some maniac in the US opened fire on a bus with an AK-47. It doesn't take much imagination to work-out the absolute carnage which would ensue if thousands of gun-toting Americans decided to go on a criminal rampage in this way.

You lot seriously need to keep your fearful and paranoid gun-fetish over on your side of the Atlantic.

edit on 8-8-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Statement from Scotland yard,

www.tweetdeck.com...

The riots are getting closer to us now, Luton is about to kick off as well,

Asala

Any area with a concentration of Afro Carribean tonight will go up...... Notts and St Paul's in Bristol too perhaps............late in the week perhaps other races might try their luck BUT TROOPS will be out in London by Tommorow Trust me here !!!!!
It's gone too far !!

PDUK

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Record their names in a database along with photo ID and send them back to whatever country they came from (speaking solely of the immigrants involved in the riots/looting). That way they are never allowed back into the United Kingdom. Much as I dislike immigration, especially from the third world, I would never advocate killing anyone especially if they never killed anyone.

I understand your frustration with immigrants causing social problems in your country and you wanting the public officials to actually do something about it but sending them out to sea and torpedoing their ship is not the solution.

And no, I am not a Liberal; I would assume anyone who took a look down at my signature could figure that out easily.
edit on 8/8/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

This thread got me on the Clash for some reason, seems poignant.

link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK

Originally posted by NadaCambia
"also got a text from my mate in haringay, apparently loads of asian and turkish boys are guarding their parents businesses with baseball bats and knives from the looters. No police to be seen so it's come to this"

Fair play on them !!!

They are protecting their interests and probably the Police will let them because that is how you should deal with looting scum sucking *ankers...

regards

PDUK

Begs the question why white people aren't guarding their parents businesses like the Turks and Asians? They're showing that it's doable, so everyone else should come out with bats and chase off the criminals

its against the law to start being a vigilante and its nowere near bad enough to start stabing people insurance is there for a reason the turks only going to make things worse.

edit on 8/8/11 by Aceofclubs because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by zanoni7

Originally posted by MediaMonkey
reply to post by thinkwotuwill

My opinion and take on whats going on doesn't mean # sat in my cosy bed on the south coast of england. But to hazard an uninformed guess I think it's a mixture of the desperate, the criminal, the opportunists and a touch of a higher power allowing the situation to escalate to make a statement of fear.

If Cameron comes back from his vacation and fixes this, he stands to benefit a great deal. It also will discourage more protests as political ones have been growing in London. I find it hard to believe that when the police were able to stop several thousand peaceful protesters outside the banks several months ago, that they cannot deal with 200 pissed off 'youths' with nothing but supposed greed in their eyes.

According to the Google 'riot' map there are 40 London areas currently on fire. There are a great deal more than 200 people involved. AFAIK, there are more than 200 hoodies in Camden alone! We are talking about a combined number in the thousands...

Yeah I guess I underestimated by quite a bit. But my point was more with regards to the behavior of the police initially and earlier today when there was plenty of time to send more than 20 officers to just stand and watch a crowd loot and burn in broad daylight. Without a doubt it's now got to the point where it is not manageable. But this is where the hardened criminals and opportunists come in. The numbers will only get bigger as more people decide to cash in and get carried away by the tide of excitement. Chaos is catching, and when your in the moment I imagine it's much harder to stop and think about the bigger picture. We are pack animals by nature after all.

link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
What exactly is the real driving force/motivation behind these London riots, other than the shooting??

Economic?

Racism?

What?

Greed.

Alcohol.

Boredom.

Etcetera...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Record their names in a database along with photo ID and send them back to whatever country they came from (speaking solely of the immigrants involved in the riots/looting). That way they are never allowed back into the United Kingdom. Much as I dislike immigration, especially from the third world, I would never advocate killing anyone especially if they never killed anyone.

I understand your frustration with immigrants causing social problems in your country and you wanting the public officials to actually do something about it but sending them out to sea and torpedoing their ship is not the solution.

And no, I am not a Liberal; I would assume anyone who took a look down at my signature could figure that out easily.
edit on 8/8/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

YOU miss the point I made..................most of the rioters tonight are ACTUALLY UK BORN.........you can't send them back home except back to Croydon..................

Hence SHOOT them instead .......... simple........i'll do it !!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
What exactly is the real driving force/motivation behind these London riots, other than the shooting??

Economic?

Racism?

What?

Greed.

Alcohol.

Boredom.

Etcetera...

Stupidity.

Glorification of criminality. Gangstas are wicked cool apparently.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

link   
Oh dear this is worse than I thought - sorry to be so down but what with the way that this has spread amongst the youth in parts of London and the UK and their love of social media and instant messaging and you tube etc - this behaviour I fear will go global.

I can imagine the kids in US Europe etc thinking surely our police response won't be much better - let's have a go too - I'm sure they are just as disaffected, bored, immoral as some of our Brit Youths and will see it as a great opportunity to have a ruck.

link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK

Originally posted by asala
Statement from Scotland yard,

www.tweetdeck.com...

The riots are getting closer to us now, Luton is about to kick off as well,

Asala

Any area with a concentration of Afro Carribean tonight will go up...... Notts and St Paul's in Bristol too perhaps............late in the week perhaps other races might try their luck BUT TROOPS will be out in London by Tommorow Trust me here !!!!!
It's gone too far !!

PDUK

Have you been listening to the BBC feed? Reports have been saying economically deprived areas, just so happens Afro Carribeans are in these areas.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The first duty of the Government is to protect the people. The Government has failed ,and is still failing it's people.

These riots are going national. This might actually end up in marshal law.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Originally posted by Homedawg
Anyone who knows how to shoot more than 200 yards and how to run and hide...my point is that if a few people made a stand,told these a*sholes that the streets arent theirs,then it would end...if you want your country taken by force and allowed to do what the a*shole splease ,its on you

You're living in la-la-land. All of you American haplophiles claim to have the shooting skills and precision of a military-trained sniper - or, at least, believe that everyone of your gun-toting populace possesses these skills.

If everybody was armed in London, we would be talking about dozens of people - mostly innocent - dead; shopkeepers, passers-by and police.

I saw this thread on ATS today, where some maniac in the US opened fire on a bus with an AK-47. It doesn't take much imagination to work-out the absolute carnage which would ensue if thousands of gun-toting Americans decided to go on a rampage in this way.

You lot seriously need to keep your fearful and paranoid gun-fetish over on your side of the Atlantic.

And your opinion makes it hard for us to muster any sympathy from this side of the pond.
I like the opinion of an actual victim, that store owner who lost his family business. He said point blank to BBC without being asked that if he was allowed to have a gun he would have shot the little b#stards.

So don't assume you represent everyone over there, we don't.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Anyone else find it a bit of a coincidence that this has all happened right when the main cabinet is all on holiday?

top topics

<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join