It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 68
<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MediaMonkey

Originally posted by zanoni7

Originally posted by MediaMonkey
reply to post by thinkwotuwill

My opinion and take on whats going on doesn't mean # sat in my cosy bed on the south coast of england. But to hazard an uninformed guess I think it's a mixture of the desperate, the criminal, the opportunists and a touch of a higher power allowing the situation to escalate to make a statement of fear.

If Cameron comes back from his vacation and fixes this, he stands to benefit a great deal. It also will discourage more protests as political ones have been growing in London. I find it hard to believe that when the police were able to stop several thousand peaceful protesters outside the banks several months ago, that they cannot deal with 200 pissed off 'youths' with nothing but supposed greed in their eyes.

According to the Google 'riot' map there are 40 London areas currently on fire. There are a great deal more than 200 people involved. AFAIK, there are more than 200 hoodies in Camden alone! We are talking about a combined number in the thousands...

Yeah I guess I underestimated by quite a bit. But my point was more with regards to the behavior of the police initially and earlier today when there was plenty of time to send more than 20 officers to just stand and watch a crowd loot and burn in broad daylight. Without a doubt it's now got to the point where it is not manageable. But this is where the hardened criminals and opportunists come in. The numbers will only get bigger as more people decide to cash in and get carried away by the tide of excitement. Chaos is catching, and when your in the moment I imagine it's much harder to stop and think about the bigger picture. We are pack animals by nature after all.

Get your point - I just fear for what would happen to 20 officers facing a hysterical rampaging mob... it really seems that this stuff is infectious. Another poster dispelled the rubbish about it being only black people a few posts back. He, an eye witness, said everyone and anyone was joining in the 'fun' and that people were actually shouting encouragement to young kids looting. Don't know about you, but it looks like a no win situation for the police tonight. I think their mandate will be to prevent loss of life rather than property.

link   

Martial Law in the morning? Strange but true : when Birmingham first got mentioned on BBC24 TV she said
"Police are smashing shop windows in Birmingham.." she didnt correct herself either.

Radios, organised, not forgetting this is coming up again and again.

It only takes a few , organised, with crowbars. The rest are "tiefing shoe at footlocker" on the back of it, like the lady said

link   
reply to post by StevenDye

Your authorities seem to be letting it happen.
They get out on the streets with shields and riot gear but never got physical.

All they are doing is emboldening the thugs by letting them attack the police without consequences. This thing is much worse because of these panzyass policies.

And people have been injured and will die because it is allowed to extend like this. You think nobody lives in the flats above and next to these burning buildings?

The sheer fear this is all causing will be the end of these foolish liberal policies.
We'll be selling you guys guns soon faster than we can put them on the boats.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
The media did not report anything at the time so that the situation does not get more out of control. There are simply too many anarchists out there waiting for the opportunity to join the party. Since the situation is now under control, CNN now has a story about it their main website page.

I don't see why a media blackout is so alarming to some of you; don't you know that Obama's CYBERCOM will shut down ATS if something serious happens in the states? And do you know why? It's so that people (like those that are excessively alarmed by a media blackout) don't spread panic.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asheliate
The media did not report anything at the time so that the situation does not get more out of control. There are simply too many anarchists out there waiting for the opportunity to join the party. Since the situation is now under control, CNN now has a story about it their main website page.

I don't see why a media blackout is so alarming to some of you; don't you know that Obama's CYBERCOM will shut down ATS if something serious happens in the states? And do you know why? It's so that people (like those that are excessively alarmed by a media blackout) don't spread panic.

None of these people are Anarchists.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I really wish there was more info about birmingham. It was crazy when I left. I have friends living there, right in the city centre who I can't get in touch with now. There is a blog about it, but the info is really not reliable!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo
I really wish there was more info about birmingham. It was crazy when I left. I have friends living there, right in the city centre who I can't get in touch with now. There is a blog about it, but the info is really not reliable!

0042:

West Midlands police confirm that they made 87 arrests on Monday evening.

link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
reply to post by StevenDye

Your authorities seem to be letting it happen.
They get out on the streets with shields and riot gear but never got physical.

All they are doing is emboldening the thugs by letting them attack the police without consequences. This thing is much worse because of these panzyass policies.

And people have been injured and will die because it is allowed to extend like this. You think nobody lives in the flats above and next to these burning buildings?

The sheer fear this is all causing will be the end of these foolish liberal policies.
We'll be selling you guys guns soon faster than we can put them on the boats.

Yes, this is disgusting, but it is the fault of the media and not hte police. In our last riots a man died after an isolated incident involving the police. Following this the media took the stance that the police and been far to heavy handed in dealing with the rioters.

This is the result, policeman who are scared they will lose their jobs if they intervene. Last riots we had, those charges ended with batons swinging. Again it is the fault of the media, not the police that it is not happening this time. Public opinion was turned against them.

Also, we have plenty of riots, we always have...check out the poll tax riots and how violent they got...we havn't asked for your guns yet. Because we learnt first hand what happens when certain Americans (and others) help people get guns in our cities. Northern Ireland.
edit on 8-8-2011 by StevenDye because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by azulejo
reply to post by zanoni7

some of them are not really current as they actually happened yesterday

if you clck you gte the date

I also got O_O when I saw so many fire icons!!!!!!!!

Totally freaked me out - thanks for pointing out the detail. I'm going to keep an eye on the map to see if it updates UK wide. It appears the news is being surpressed, by will or the lack of reporting ability. Either way, it's really difficult to get a clear picture of what's going on up and down our country on this sad night for Britain.

link   
I was watching some footage of the riots and I noticed the large police presence at the beginning then on this the 3rd day of rioting nothing.It's odd to me.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Could anyone update me on the current time over there?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Some truth here..

www.twitvid.com...

link   
Check out the crowd's response.

uploaded a few mins ago

Clapham Junction riots - Police Catch looter coming out of Currys and Beat Him
edit on 8-8-2011 by TheMaverick because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by BrianC

00:48

I'm curious as to what coverage other countries in Europian countries are doing of this, no doubt people in the slums of other countries might see oppurtunities like this.
edit on 8-8-2011 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianC

00:51

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianC

its 12.50 (tuesday morning) bst

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Im watching this link on BBC news. www.bbc.co.uk...

They are saying a police station in Birmingham is on fire. No video of it yet.

ETA - They are saying it is an unmaned police station
edit on 8-8-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

link   
Tomorrow - Martial Law.
Riots won't be content (read bellow why).
Economic collapse...

What better reason to install Martial Law BEFORE an economic collapse, which (without martial law) will make these riots look like a picnic.

So, my bet is that UK (who riots quite often) KNOW that economic collapse is coming probably in days, and want a PROBLEM (the current riots) and have troops ALREADY in the streets (SOLUTION).

These riots are provoked by gov. spooks to install martial law before the imminent collapse.

link   
Anyone know where there is a live video feed?

All I'm getting is repeats

new topics

top topics

<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join