It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 146
<< 143  144  145    147  148  149 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer

You make no sense at all.

Because you have no understanding of the law ... at all

Done

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

He asked a valid question ,( not a racist one )

I think the answer is simple , the riots started in areas predominantly populated by black, asian , arab , communities , it is nothing more than coincidence ( my opinion) that the riots just so happened to start in a community with a small percentage of white europeans.

When its all kicked and smashed in , it doesnt matter what the colour of your skin is , you still broke the law!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
wow... this thread went downhill fast!
please stop arguing people!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DevilsApprentice

Its you that has no understanding and its obvious you didnt even read the link you posted, you are allowed to defend your property and thats been confirmed by the police.

End of story.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by kronik9mm

You're right. I'll let the admins deal with it from here.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
ENOUGH

There will be no further attacks on other members. Manners are required and Super Moderator DontTreadOnMe has already warned about this behavior any further attacks on other members will be removed, the poster warned.

Isn't the situation in Britain bad enough without tearing at each other on the board while we discuss it?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

I think they have the victim mentality, its always because they are black. Its never their fault.

A man was killed by police during the recent protests and he was just trying to get home, the police officer is now going to be tried for manslaughter. They didnt run riot then because he was white.

Just as they wouldnt have done a thing if the latest guy was white. The people who protest based on skin colour are way more racist than anyone who posts on here.

However scumbags from all ethnicities joined in the looting and were protesting against anything.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

I agree. The victim mentality can be seen being played out on our screens though some of the 'interviews' of the looters.

This is not a protest, this is just people picking up on any reason to give their actions some credit.

One guy even said the reason he was looting was due to the increase on VAT. ??????? wth?

There are many, many people who live throughout the UK, in places that have the same opportunities of those people who live in the supposed "ghettos". They don't dwell in self pity. They move to an area where there is more opportunity. I did it.

We do have racism, every Country does, regardless of colour of skin. Many black people and Asian people hold racist views too. Ask an Indian what he thinks of people from Bangladesh!

The vast majority of people in the UK aren't racist.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I don't have a problem with immigrants of any colour actually. What I want to know is WHY it seems to be that the vast majority (whether you want to see it or not) of the looters are not white.

I think it's a valid question.

My view: There were whites in the crowds of looters I saw, most were on the fringes, uncovered, smiling, laughing..I can imagine cheering, goading going on. Too much to lose to actually join in, and safe in the knowledge that "the poor uneducated" black kids make a much easier target for blame then the middle class, iphone carrying crowd. So they laughed, and cheered and goaded them on...they got their evenings entertainment and can still go to University. The black kids on the other hand had nothing to lose, University is unlikely, no jobs, no hope..so screw it..take what you want...At the end of the day, black youth ( I am of course generalizing here) have less to lose than white youth.

Not excusing it in any way, I just reel at the way everyone is looking for the easy answer, the easiest group to blame is the "SCUM LOOTERS" aka - poor under privileged, disenfranchised, black youth. At the end of the day, the UK has a problem with this generation, and that has nothing to do with race, gender or socio economic classes.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

Good post and good points!

Anyway, I just hope that it's all over now. Hopefully it's fizzled out and we won't see a repeat of it anywhere in the UK tonight.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold

I don't have a problem with immigrants of any colour actually. What I want to know is WHY it seems to be that the vast majority (whether you want to see it or not) of the looters are not white.

I think it's a valid question.

. The black kids on the other hand had nothing to lose, University is unlikely, no jobs, no hope..so screw it..take what you want...At the end of the day, black youth ( I am of course generalizing here) have less to lose than white youth.

We all know here in the UK, if you're black, you have to pay for schooling. Black kids are deterred from entering our schools and getting an education. They aren't allowed to go to college or Uni.

The problem is gang culture and peer pressure. It doesn't make a difference what colour your skin is.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

It's actually nothing to do with race. The white people you see looting are in exactly the same social situation as the black people you see looting.

Sure, there may be a few middle-class idiots running about and making the most of the opportunity to cause trouble, but this is nothing to do with black people "not having opportunities" in Britain. That is just not true.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by gallopinghordes

Isn't the situation in Britain bad enough without tearing at each other on the board while we discuss it?

We in Britain dont tend to tolerate people tearing at the very fabric of our nation . We are a country with very mixed and diverse ethnicity. We dont need divisions, we never did, and we do all stand together, here in England , against those who want to divide us, based on skin colour, and supposed national origins. For goodness sakes we are the human race here not blacks or whites or browns. All equally capable of evil and good.

Our country Britain is has long been known by the citizens across the globe, for our tolerance, our allowance of mixed religious practices, our open minds on freedom of speech and expression. You dont get that in other countries very often. Embrace the fact ; there is universal respect the world needs coming from our country now.

But whole threads here, even unrelated ones have been dragged away by unknowns into off-topic racial and nationally divisive nonsense, why is it some users cant even understand that we accept any nation's immigrants - with , a visa ? Even Americans.

The situation will just get worse if we allow race issues to cloud our judgements. Sorry then if that sense WE dont want forgotten became OTT. Its political correctness its political truth we are after, I hope.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I cant believe they have not talked about restorative justice, where looters and rioters are forced to clean up and repair the damages. They must also be forced to meet the people who's lives they have destroyed. Prison should be used for those who committed the worst acts should go to jail, but there needs to be some pay back to the community. Some realisation of how their actions have damaged their own communities.

They don't have the time or the desire for that mate, they just want to send them to crime school (Jail) and just keep bailing the sinking ship out with a thimble, as opposed to actually trying to plug the leak.

Such a waste.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by The Empty Skies

There are multiple reasons why this is taking place.Race maybe one factor, but there are multiple reasons, from a lak of discipline, gang culture, rampent consumerism and a materialistic society driven by instant gratification. None of these excuses for the behavior, but definitely contributing factors.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

They have restorative justice programs in Banbury, so it's not something that isn't already in practice. Small groups go around in gitmo style boiler suits cleaning grafitti and other public areas. Prison is the last place some of these kids need to go. As you say it's a criminal education camp. These kids have to be faced with the reality of what they have done, otherwise it's a slap on the wrist a small fine and forgotten about in a month or 2.

top topics

<< 143  144  145    147  148  149 >>

join