It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 144
<< 141  142  143    145  146  147 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZIPMATT
This has been an epic thread, It looks to me as if the 'Pied Piper of Hamlyn' got what he wanted : people visciously calling children 'scum' and 'feral rats' . Shocking comments on aol news report this morning> and I mean shocking. 'Kill em all..' etc actually being written there by people>I cant beleive it.

I'd be making a long old list of many more people who should be dragged before the courts under the racial and religious hatred act . They are the ones I really would call scum > they've actually got no idea what is really going on, and leap into judgements against others WITHOUT the facts, as soon as they feel 'safe' to do so.
I am appauled at the state of society > so many ignorant idiots!

How do they know this wasnt organised by Ghadaffi : who said he would do something like this? < its only a potential explanation. Think before you speak > that was always drilled into me. Some of these people want their gobs stuffing w glue!

*rant over*

Relax... maybe they invented trollbots.

dammit.... them #ers always one step ahead!
Look at them trying to start a war and #!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

Two people I know from school on facebook last night , blaming the riots on immigrants saying that its all immigrants rioting on the streets and looting. I said how can you prove that , your just basing that on the colour of their skin and the area they are from.

Totally ridiculous , that they jump to conclusions without evening looking into the facts.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
reply to post by ZIPMATT

Two people I know from school on facebook last night , blaming the riots on immigrants saying that its all immigrants rioting on the streets and looting. I said how can you prove that , your just basing that on the colour of their skin and the area they are from.

Totally ridiculous , that they jump to conclusions without evening looking into the facts.

Doesn't the colour of their skin prove that they are either immigrants or children of immigrants?

It's a fair point. In all of the video's that I watched, the vast majority of the rioters were not white. Why is that?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

Do not generalize about Americans; you are doing exactly what he said you Brits do. Not all Americans feel that self-important. I have spent much of my time keeping up with these riots so as to help make sure my fb friends in England can always have up to date information.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

the colour of their skin proves nothing < NOTHING !

just because a kid rioting has coloured skin doesnt make him an immigrant
he or she could well have been born in britain and therefore not an immigrant.

it;s based completely on opinion , only if the police arrested them all then took their details and then revelead the figures to the public , then the xenophobes who have been brainwashed with the right wing BNP propaganda would realise they are not immigrants but british born hoodlums created from the bowels of poverty stricken britain which has nothing to do with immigration!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by RMFX1

Originally posted by sapien82
reply to post by ZIPMATT

Doesn't the colour of their skin prove that they are either immigrants or children of immigrants?

It's a fair point. In all of the video's that I watched, the vast majority of the rioters were not white. Why is that?

That doesn't make them immigrants though; It makes them black.

So the question isn't "why are immigrants the dominant group involved", but rather "why are black people the majority of those involved".

And it's a pretty valid question. But most people(not necessarily yourself, I haven't followed the conversation) asking the question are doing it in an underhanded racist way, and have their own agendas, that much is clear to say. You can tell with the way they mock claims of racism with sarcasm while asking the question.

The most obvious answer is that most these troubles are taking parts in large cities with vast amounts of poverty and large pockets of non-white communities. This holds some weight when you look at the large number of non-white communities up and down the country who aren't involved and haven't engaged in these activities.

It's clearly a pretty complicated sociological issue that can't be explained in a couple of sentences from watching BBC news

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
What has been wiped from the footage, is sound recording .
You certainly cannot judge their national origin on skin colour rfmx, dont be so stupid.
But you CAN tell alot from what language the main perpetrators are speaking. And you can tell a whole lot more when you add the fact the main 'window smashers' were using radios, not mobile phones.
There is a Pied Piper effect > if u dont know the story,
The Pied Piper was payed by townsmen to get rid of the rats : by playing a tune they all followed.
When he didnt get paid, the townspeople's children were also led away.

Who is the Pied Piper? If it wasnt Ghadaffi, then by Ickes interpretation they have now formed the problem, gained the reaction, and now have the end reslut in hand : the 'solution'.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DevilsApprentice

Any person who thinks they can legally beat another person in the street on the METs advice should seek legal advice before they pick up that stick ... I guarantee that a Supreme Court Justice will not see it that way all .

You can in self defence, the police were constantly trying to get homeowners jailed for life for defending themselves in their own home, it looks like thats changed for the time being.

The court were the ones who threw out all the police cases against homeowners.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I have a question:

Do you think it's possible that the Engliah Youths have gone on the rampage because they have been bought up in a Country which looks Alien to them?

I mean they are bought up in areas where the majority of shops/businesses are run by people who you would'nt normally asociate with being English/British!!

Most Shops are owned by people they have no affiliation with and not much in common with when it comes to Political Views/Family Views or Religious Views.... i'm thinking this is more of the reason then just because others have more than they do....

edit on 10-8-2011 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer

You can in self defence, the police were constantly trying to get homeowners jailed for life for defending themselves in their own home, it looks like thats changed for the time being.

The court were the ones who threw out all the police cases against homeowners.

Nice try

Self-defence

Go read this www.cps.gov.uk...

You also might like to comment on my post further down that page

Try this scenario ..

Vigilantes attack a group of rioters , a "child" as defined under UK law is beaten and killed , said minor is later proven to innocent of any wrong doing ( remember those CCTV images currently being used are a two edged sword )

Do you seriously believe that the MET or the current Government will turn a blind eye ?

Remember that all this originally started over a death , and then escalated in uncontrolled rioting

There is no way on this earth that a vigilant style attack on the street that results in the death of a "Child" will ever be construed as " Self Defence " .

Arm Chair Barristers Beware

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZIPMATT
What has been wiped from the footage, is sound recording .
You certainly cannot judge their national origin on skin colour rfmx, dont be so stupid.
But you CAN tell alot from what language the main perpetrators are speaking. And you can tell a whole lot more when you add the fact the main 'window smashers' were using radios, not mobile phones.
There is a Pied Piper effect > if u dont know the story,
The Pied Piper was payed by townsmen to get rid of the rats : by playing a tune they all followed.
When he didnt get paid, the townspeople's children were also led away.

Who is the Pied Piper? If it wasnt Ghadaffi, then by Ickes interpretation they have now formed the problem, gained the reaction, and now have the end reslut in hand : the 'solution'.

I'm not being stupid. It doesn't matter if you are 1st, 2nd or 3rd generation. What I said was, either immigrants, or the children of immigrants. The indiginous people of our island are white. That's a fact.

I had knee surgery recently and have had plenty of time to sit in front of my T.V watching continuous footage of the riots on SKY and BBC news. I don't need official numbers to know that at least 90% of the people in the films were of African, Indian/Pakistani or Arab descent.

I'll ask you again. Why is that?

As for the rest of your post about radios and pied pipers, I won't bother to respond because it's a load of nonsense.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

If you are going to go around claiming the news were saying things then you need to be able to show where you found that info.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

No I most certainly dont think that! Please do not insinuate this is some kind of a race riot, it is mindless thugs jumping on the bandwagon to loot whatever freebies they can. There are black AND white people involved, not just one particular race. Almost everywhere there are Tesco's Express stores now, along with all the other corner shops....

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by CherryV

No I most certainly dont think that! Please do not insinuate this is some kind of a race riot, it is mindless thugs jumping on the bandwagon to loot whatever freebies they can. There are black AND white people involved, not just one particular race. Almost everywhere there are Tesco's Express stores now, along with all the other corner shops....

I don't care how un-politically correct this sounds and people can play the racist card if they want and I'm sure they will, but the simple fact is that while there are of course white people involved, they are greatly outnumbered.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I dont mean to come across as racist here, but when you consider the areas that are being looted and seeing the majority of trouble have a lot of different races living in the same areas.
If you take into account some places in the north east of england, for example newcastle and middlesbrough, these areas have more white youths around the streets on a regular basis, i know this because thats where i come from.
So far there has been no trouble over there that i am aware of, yet these areas are in the same situation with regards to there being low job prospects/income etc.
I am not saying that it is only the black and asian youths causing all the problems as that would simply be untrue, everybody can see that there are a mix of all sorts of people involved, but in other areas where mainly white kids are in the same situation, there are no more problems than usual.
The flash point at the start of all these riots was caused by people thinking that the police were being racist, yet many people have just joined in as its an easy opportunity to get away with doing whatever they want, and getting a load of free stuff for themselves.

link   
reply to post by RMFX1

Yes you are being stupid when you keep banging on about immigrants yet completely ignore the fact that there have been millions of white immigrants to this country and you have no problem with them. There is no such thing as an indigenous British person (via clearly identifiable genetic traits) because we're all mongrels.

Stop with the race rubbish.

Videos prove that there are people of all backgrounds looting, it's mostly poor kids though (but also the rich have been joining in for fun). Colour of skin is irrelevant. The kids who were smashing up my local supermarket yesterday evening were ALL white, bar none.

Enough already.
edit on 10-8-2011 by Goathief because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by DevilsApprentice

If that child has a weapon then yes, its ok to do it.

If a 17 year old comes at you with a baseball bat then it ok to smash their skulls.

Or would you just stand there and accept death?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by CherryV

No, i'm not saying this is strictly a race thing.... read the question and post properly... it's a Culture thing!!

They feel Alienated!!

if you look at the areas hit up North for instance you will see...

I know there were Black/White involved...

Anyway was just an Analysis to go with everything else that this could be....
edit on 10-8-2011 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Just heard some young guys on the radio saying that they are rioting because the police have no chance of catching them. It's about time to bring out the rubber bullets I think. They'll be crying home to mummy as soon as they start getting hit.

When living in a civilised society you should know that this type of behaviour is wrong. You should be taught that if you do this stuff then you'll be caught and punished. The looters know that they won't be... It's about time to start to playing hardball on this situation.

top topics

<< 141  142  143    145  146  147 >>

join