It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 145
<< 142  143  144    146  147  148 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief
reply to post by RMFX1

Yes you are being stupid when you keep banging on about immigrants yet completely ignore the fact that there have been millions of white immigrants to this country and you have no problem with them. There is no such thing as an indigenous British person (via clearly identifiable genetic traits) because we're all mongrels.

Stop with the race rubbish.

Videos prove that there are people of all backgrounds looting, it's mostly poor kids though (but also the rich have been joining in for fun). Colour of skin is irrelevant. The kids who were smashing up my local CO-OP yesterday evening were ALL white, bar none.

Enough already.

I don't have a problem with immigrants of any colour actually. What I want to know is WHY it seems to be that the vast majority (whether you want to see it or not) of the looters are not white.

That doesn't make me a racist, or a bigot or anti immigration. It is a valid question. Obviously something is going wrong in that demographic that is causing such a skew on the white/non-white participants.

And just FYI, I'm currently technically an immigrant myself as I no longer live in the UK, but in the Netherlands. I also lived in South Africa for 8 years.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I dont want to get involved in the race argument but I would like to reitterate a point I made earlier today in this thread,
when I became aware through my 15 yr old son getting some kind of mobile phone announcement that youths were being organised to attack our local Mcdonalds I drove down there to see if there were any youngsters that I knew and to try and get some of them away from it. I managed to grab 3 of my sons school friends and get them into my car to take home. None of these kids were black, mixed race ect, none were what you could call from poor families, and they all went to the same school as my son so were actually well educated at a well respected scool, not quite an elite school but one where you do have to fight tooth and nail for a place for your kids.

Now the majority of the youths I encountered last night were teenage lads, who had been encited to join in by an adult white male who has now been arrested.
This all happened last night in a predominantly white suburb, where the majority of the people are middle class. ( sometimes living here makes me feel like the poor relation
)
I am not saying that this is the case everywhere that these disturbances are going on just making the point that at least where i am, the only reason the kids are out on the streets doing this is because they think its big and clever, not because they are disallusioned, not because they feel they have no future, not because thay are not educated, the simple fact is down here at least they all just want to jump on the band wagon.
edit on 10-8-2011 by serendipity59 because: crap spelling and grammar

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZIPMATT
You and that monkey are like 'orrible shills > all you do is waste space on about your nationalist tripe.
And then you've got the nasty media-luvvie types on here who want to shoot CHILDREN w bullets, plastic or otherwise.

Why dont you go and have babies together : I am sure they'll develop the brain mutations you desire to see in people.

Whenever anyone says anything that you may not agree with you turn to insults and name calling. And not only in this thread, you've responded the same way to me in another recent thread. It's very immature.

You don't have to agree with me, but keep the insults to yourself. If you have a point that you think you can get out coherently without stooping to name calling I would welcome the discussion. If not, then hush up.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Noviz
Just heard some young guys on the radio saying that they are rioting because the police have no chance of catching them. It's about time to bring out the rubber bullets I think. They'll be crying home to mummy as soon as they start getting hit.

When living in a civilised society you should know that this type of behaviour is wrong. You should be taught that if you do this stuff then you'll be caught and punished. The looters know that they won't be... It's about time to start to playing hardball on this situation.

When they do get caught, they will feel the FULL FORCE OF THE LAW!!!....Well according to Dave Cameron anyway.

In the real world it doesn't happen like that. One looter who stole two t'shirts from a shop has just been given his sentence of 1 day in jail. However, seeing as he'd already been in custody for that length of time, he walked away free.

People in the UK won't stomach that.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

Thank you for proving my point!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
(Psst. You're not aloowed to ask any questions related to race otherwise you're a racist.
)

Even if it is a question asking about an observable fact.
edit on 10-8-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
(Psst. You're not aloowed to ask any questions related to race otherwise you're a racist. :lol

Even if it is a question asking about an observable fact.

Well, I knew it was coming. I even said so when I posted it. The fact is that I haven't posted anything racist, offensive or called anyone names.

Zipmat on the other hand..well, everyone can see for themselves.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

reply to post by RMFX1

South Africa for eight years? So that's where you get it from. Plus the Dutch are pretty heavily 'liberal' against people like Muslims too, eh?
YOU are a rascist scum > YOU enjoy racial hatred. YOU are trolling to make people react to your bigoted ignorance. YOU probably have a sock puppet which is probably that monkey.
Get LOST you nasty piece of work

RMFX1 asked a genuine question on an observation.
This is the problem with this country. You can't ask anything without been criticized or called racist.
edit on 10-8-2011 by Noviz because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-8-2011 by Noviz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

reply to post by RMFX1

If I didnt like ATS so much, you would find out how 'immature' I can be, right in your face.

No idea what you mean by this, but I assume that it some sort of childish threat. Grow up.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
reply to post by DevilsApprentice

If that child has a weapon then yes, its ok to do it.

If a 17 year old comes at you with a baseball bat then it ok to smash their skulls.

Or would you just stand there and accept death?

Your attempt to justify vigilante style attacks on your fellow citizens that may result in serious injury or death using " what if " as arguement are amusing . You, my friend , come across as some one looking for trouble ,and if you are, then you really should give some thought to the problems that may arise if trouble finds you instead .

Don't expect any leniency from a court if things go wrong for you. you'll fare far worse than many of those arrested already.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

The only one here whos going to get warned or banned is you.

He asked a legitimate question and it seems you dont like the answers.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DevilsApprentice

You make no sense at all.

How would anyone be looking for trouble if theyve been given the go ahead to defend their home or shop?

So youd just stand there and let them loot your shop and ruin you financially?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I think one thing some people may be doing here reading the thread, is equating the way americans look at immigrants or "black" people to the way english people do. It was not the same in England as it was in America with that issue, and they have more issues with Muslims/asians than "black" people. Black people were long integrated into the society.. and the racism towards them is almost non existant.. unless they have been influenced by the american point of view. I completely believe that a lot of this has to do with how kids have been/are being raised. Not to blame it all on the parents, but could you imagine, watching your parents struggle, work all the time and never be there.. or.. give up completely and live on the dole taking handouts. We have bred this into a lot of kids.. a feeling of entitlement.. an age where they don't have to work hard to get things, permissive parents (not saying everyone is.. but I have seen a lot of crappy parents). I don't think this is the way to fix it, but it is a sign of the society we have built and what we as a people ( I mean world people.. ) are teaching/have taught our kids. Materialism at its finest, and it is sad as hell to see. And I bet, there are plenty of white kids out there doing damage too... but as the focus has been on "immigrants" and "Muslims" and other nationalities for quite some time over there with people being unhappy and youth being unhappy they are "Taking there jobs" I am not surprised the focus is on them. Sad thing is.. they came in to do the jobs the white people wouldn't.. same ina lot of countries, because younger people nowdays think they are too good to do menial labour. (and no im not ancient, i'm 34, i've seen this is Australia and Canada.. and read plenty about it) Complain that people take jobs, but aren't willing to wash dishes...

Terrible way to escalate, and I feel for those who are losing businesses and homes and .. the damage and cost it will take to fix what has been done.. but some of the blame.. has to come onto the parents and people who let their kids get this way.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

It just isnt a legitimate question when the body of looters in Manchester last night were no where near black. If he knew anything he would know there are hardly any 'blacks' at all in Manchester

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
And this nasty shill ahs been making a race issue about anything he can for ages. He 's a troll if nothing else

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

reply to post by Flyer

It just isnt a legitimate question when the body of looters in Manchester last night were no where near black. If he knew anything he would know there are hardly any 'blacks' at all in Manchester

2 points here.

1. I didn't specifically say blacks.
2. I've recently been to Manchester, and I know for a fact that there are many people of many different ethnic backgrounds there.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

And this nasty shill ahs been making a race issue about anything he can for ages. He 's a troll if nothing else

Show me where else I made any mention of race. Go on, lets see what you can dig up in my posting history.

It will be a big fat nothing. Stop making things up.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

Hardly any blacks?

Manchester has way more than average

www.guardian.co.uk...

4.84% for Manchester, 2.94% for England.

If its non whites
Its 30.07% for Manchester and 16.65% for England, almost double the national average.
edit on 10-8-2011 by Flyer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 142  143  144    146  147  148 >>

join