It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 126
<< 123  124  125    127  128  129 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by godofme

I say bring on the brutality!
These scum are well out of control,and i for one will applaud the police when they start cracking a few skulls!
I personally would like to see these rodents rounded up,put on a big ship,towed into the middle of the Channel and torpedoed!!

A bit extreme i know,but oh well,thats just me!

link   

Originally posted by godofme
And now, the police are just standing by letting this all happen.

As a result the public are BEGGING for the police to use TOUGHER and more BRUTAL tactics, and even draft in the army.

TPTB know that they cannot enforce these brutal tactics for no reason, so they wait for the perfect time, wait until the public demand it.

They are covering there backs for when the brutality roles out, and what can you do about it? Nothing, it would be you who voted it in.

Well it does seem odd that the World can shut down for the G8 to meet, but to protect your streets otherwise seems mighty impossible.

I utterly agree, something isn't right.

Now, get the riots stopped, and start asking some tough questions. Like, how is it that they can secure half a freaking nation, and stop an international protest for the meeting of World leaders, but to protect your neighbourhood they can't seem to scrap together a serious response?

Tough questions are needed. Something stinks in Rome. But in the meantime, get your children under control.
edit on 2011/8/9 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by David291
reply to post by Observor

whaaaaaaaaat?

2nd line

With you there bro... and I'll add lines 2 through to 16 if I may

link   

Originally posted by DanaKatherineScully
just seen this "Cameron gives the order to shoot" (thats the Prime Minister)

But you neglected to say that it was RUBBER bullets..... AKA Baton Rounds.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DanaKatherineScully & The Maverick

[re: plastic bullets]

It may already be too late. If they'd done that from the off it might have prevented the momentum from gaining.

As it is it could just fuel the angry mobs' determination to 'fight back'. Especially if rioters get seriously hurt...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
Vigilante groups are now reported taking matters into their own hands.

I wonder how this will play out.

That could be expected if you keep ransacking your own communities.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
The Olympics should be fun, a riot even.

Only in the Western world can youths wearing $200 sneakers and carrying $350 smart phones protest about being poor.
edit on 9-8-2011 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

Sneakers don't cost $200 and most these $350 phones are given free on contract

Phones are never given free on a contract. Let me explain it to you.

If I already own a phone and want a sim only contract I can get 300 minutes for 15 Euros. If I want unlimited internet on that phone I can pay a further 8 euros a month. 23 Euro's all in per month.

If I want an iPhone 4 on a 2 year contract I can get it with 300 minutes, and unlimited internet for 45 Euro's per month. That's 22 Euro's a month extra which is in essence, paying for the telephone in installments.

In total, I'm paying 528 Euro's for the phone.

edit on 9-8-2011 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by facchino

These so called vigilantes are just idiots in my opinion. Trying to be tough men and stop the rioting. It will only make the situation worse. It will just cause anarchy!
edit on 9/8/11 by Kram09 because: typo

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Anyone have any alternative feeds or radio feeds or anything localised in specific areas?

I'm finding sky and bbc to be quite repetitive now and no real updates of the smaller situations in other cities.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I noticed that this group were all white british... i was thinking is this group part of a BNP group going out to start?????

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RMFX1

Originally posted by NadaCambia

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
The Olympics should be fun, a riot even.

Only in the Western world can youths wearing $200 sneakers and carrying $350 smart phones protest about being poor.
edit on 9-8-2011 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

Sneakers don't cost $200 and most these $350 phones are given free on contract

Phones are never given free on a contract. Let me explain it to you.

If I already own a phone and want a sim only contract I can get 300 minutes for 15 Euros. If I want unlimited internet on that phone I can pay a further 8 euros a month. 23 Euro's all in per month.

If I want an iPhone 4 on a 2 year contract I can get it with 300 minutes, and unlimited internet for 45 Euro's per month. That's 22 Euro's a month extra which is in essence, paying for the telephone in installments.

In total, I'm paying 528 Euro's for the phone.

edit on 9-8-2011 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

Thanks, Einstein. The point being you don't pay much up front so they're within reach of poor people.

Of course you knew that, didn't you.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
100's of Sikhs are now defending their community against rioters.
Sky News.
edit on 9-8-2011 by hrmmm because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by bigyin
Vigilante groups are now reported taking matters into their own hands.

I wonder how this will play out.

Looks like Dave Cameron's getting his 'Big Society' after all. For those outside the UK Cameron's Big Society plan is to 'get the people involved'. By this he means fire all the people who work in libraries, social centers, kids groups, etc. and get members of the UK public to do the job free instead; regardless of if they are qualified. This is an example of the social cuts I've previously mentioned; the direct result of paying for the UK bank bailouts.

Vigilantes better not do tooo good a job or the will get the job permanently, unpaid and uninsured of course!

link   
reply to post by blupblup

I second that question blup
and second line

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I've just heard the sickest joke ever.

Hello Norway, we have a problem. Can we borrow someone please?

I feel sick.

link   
reply to post by Kram09

I agree and disagree - Of course it would be best left to the police but also if your area was being destroyed and you saw the police stand by and do nothing - how much would you take?
Tricky situation indeed

link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I noticed that this group were all white british... i was thinking is this group part of a BNP group going out to start?????

This was my theory I was talking with a friend about earlier.

All the EDL and BNP need to do is get out on the streets and start fighting and tackling the rioters... people may not applaud their beliefs but would applaud their actions in stepping up and defending the people.

This would be very sad and very dangerous IMO.

I really hope it's just some guys who are concerned.

Not the EDL/BNP scum
edit on 9/8/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I've been listening to this LBC 97.3 there is callins and stuff

thats where I heard the one call in about insurance NOT covering any damage caused from riot

link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Anyone have any alternative feeds or radio feeds or anything localised in specific areas?

I'm finding sky and bbc to be quite repetitive now and no real updates of the smaller situations in other cities.

People upload to Youtube, facebook, and other such social medium from where they are.

If you start monitoring, you'll find lots of these go up. Some are from people caught in the mess, and others are from people who think they are super cool. Few of them are from the media.

link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

There's no need to get snarky with me. You said the phones were free, I pointed out that they are not. There's no need to take offence. Some people simply don't realise that they are infact, paying pretty much the full price for the phone. You were one of those people, but I've corrected that.

You don't need to thank me.

new topics

top topics

<< 123  124  125    127  128  129 >>

join