It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 124
<< 121  122  123    125  126  127 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by habfan1968
Here's the infallible sky news reporting that Mark Duggan did NOT fire his weapon..

The fact that he had a weapon, may have been missed by those defending him, is enough reason to get shot. He was being arrested for having a gun, the cop thought he was in danger and fired. If in fact this is the case how can any one in England defend him?

Your post doesn't make sense. So cops can see a gun and just shoot? Was the gun pointed at him? Don't know but I doubt it because if it was the cops probably wouldn't have gone for his gone. So what are you talking about?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Uh forgive me if this was already posted but Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. Nah these kids are doing this b/c they know the police don't have guns. I don't think this would ever happen in USA b/c when our police show up in swat/ riot gear they also show up w/ tear gas and guns!

1:45...I swear those are JUNKIE Meth/Crackhead hypes.

edit on 9-8-2011 by iamusic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Buildings & cars on fire in West Bromwich. (BBC live.) "Utter anarchy."

Why on earth did the police stand around & watch them build barriers across the street a few hours ago??

link   

Originally posted by Setoman
stores getting looted in Wolverhampton, police stand around doing nothing to stop it.

www.youtube.com...

I did not see any cops in that video, just a bunch of looters.

Seems no one else is around on the streets except looters. When is the general public going to stand up to these kids?

link   
reply to post by habfan1968

How can Duggan be defended by anyone in England?

Well, according to an eyewitness he was pulled out the car along with the taxi driver and were told to lie down on the ground (which they both did). He was then shot while lying down.

Obviously it's too early to say if it's true or not but it might explain why there was such widespread condemnation from the community. Also, it was inferred that the bullet in the police radio was from Duggan's gun, that turned out to be an untruth, didn't it?

I'm off out and about to see what the score is in my local area, will report back later.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
The Olympics should be fun, a riot even.

Only in the Western world can youths wearing $200 sneakers and carrying $350 smart phones protest about being poor.
edit on 9-8-2011 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

Sneakers don't cost $200 and most these $350 phones are given free on contract

Looks like you're out of touch with reality.
Most shoes cost average range from 100 to 300. The new kobes itself is around 200 bucks.
You will barely find a shoe in footlocker and all those sneakers stores selling shoes under $99 unless its on sale.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

stores getting looted in Wolverhampton, police stand around doing nothing to stop it.

www.youtube.com...

I did not see any cops in that video, just a bunch of looters.

Seems no one else is around on the streets except looters. When is the general public going to stand up to these kids?

At 10 secs when he turns the camera to the right. Those were the riot police standing there.

link   

Only in the Western world can youths wearing $200 sneakers and carrying $350 smart phones protest about being poor.

So the sneakers are cheap, but , how they can afford to be on cell phone contracts.?

link   
reply to post by iamusic

Wonder how the reporters got so close to some of those scenes without getting any trouble?

link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

i would have thought that as the police were trying to arrest him, he was struggling maybe for his gun, so a police officer in a split second decision opened fire.

why is it so hard for some people to understand ?

i also don't believe what the police mostly, hence the reason i am on this forum, but the rioters & looters are not fighting against the police for some political reason, its because they want to steal & rob stuff.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Around here, the shops were told to close early today, but it's been very quiet.
Sky News does seem to be on a loop, though.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by David291
reply to post by iamusic

Wonder how the reporters got so close to some of those scenes without getting any trouble?

A majority of the video is amateur journalist video.
edit on 9-8-2011 by iamusic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Looks like you're out of touch with reality.
Most shoes cost average range from 100 to 300. The new kobes itself is around 200 bucks.
You will barely find a shoe in footlocker and all those sneakers stores selling shoes under $99 unless its on sale.

Nonsense. Funny how you've gone from 200 to 100 though now. Most Nikes you can get on sale for way under $100.

And nobody is buying kobes in England. NBA basketball moon boots aren't popular here. Kids don't want to walk around looking like ghetto astronauts with giant yanky moon boots.

Most people in these communities wear fakes or get gear shifted from the back of trucks. Everyone in these communities knows wear you can get fake or stolen gear.

Footlocker is for middle class kids and window shoppers

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

So the sneakers are cheap, but , how they can afford to be on cell phone contracts.?

Because a cell phone contract costs less than a pineapple?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Most of them are stolen or bought on the cheap anyways

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sunlionspirit
that is easy to tell man !! what ??? irrational ??? and what more ?? CRIMINAL yes !! you want me to cry or what ??
so you always have full excuses for the murderers and rapists and arsonists, drug dealers and looting ones ...
and what about their victims ??? oh I see, they do not count, the victims surely had ALL chances ... compared to the scum = sarcasm !! everybody is a victim of this neo-capitalist society, except the rich and wealthy people, but only a very few % halfbrain stupids do attack their own people and burn down houses and cars of innocent other victims !! shame on them !!
nice guy you are ! you must be very human also !
and so what, meanwhile you let them burn another few hundred houses and cars untill you told them into their little brains full of coke and sh*t they are nice and clever and have to stop now because of too much smoke in your nose ?? is it the way you want to stop this ?? by talk ?? and by patience ?
does your car have brakes ??? and do you brake when you see someone in front of you or do you first think half an hour about how to stop your car ....
edit on 9-8-2011 by Sunlionspirit because: (no reason given)

No, I have no excuses for murderers, rapists and arsonists.

But Britain as a society has been murdering and plundering others for centuries and so I am not at all surprised that those of the British society who feel left out exhibit the same talents, although against other Britons.

I really have no sides to take on the issue since both the victims and the perpetrators are British and I am not British. Yes, I can take a stand on the matter as a human, but then again the issue gets muddied since the "victims" themselves are not any more human than the perpetrators. I have no sympathy for any Briton, not after they have re-elected Labour and Tony Blair after the Iraq invasion.

Don't play the "victim" card. It is funny if you are British. It is almost patented by the Americans. If you are an American empathising with the British "victims" of these riots, give it a rest and don't emabarass the British.

That said, I am approaching it from a purely problem-solving point of view. The riots are a problem that can be solved i.e, further recurrances can be prevented if the causes are understood and addressed.

Personally, I would welcome the British not solving the problem. Anything that keeps these bandits busy at home means fewer resources to going around murdering others and it is a welcome development.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Observor

whaaaaaaaaat?

2nd line

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Civilians now patrolling the streets of london looking for rioters to deal out people power justice,as the government can-not enforce order.

This must now be defined as full scale civil war!

Reported on Sky News
edit on 9-8-2011 by hrmmm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Vigilante groups are now reported taking matters into their own hands.

I wonder how this will play out.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
enfield lads are saving london because the police cant, according to sky news, yes yes yes, manchester unite, birmingham unite, liverpool unite. aprehend these animals. save our country. enough is enough. The saints are coming.

top topics

<< 121  122  123    125  126  127 >>

join