It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 127
<< 124  125  126    128  129  130 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by allintoaccount
reply to post by Observor

we tryed to civilise the world, thats why we had the biggest empire in history. now we have let the uncivilised into the heart of our nation. and the results are.........

If you are British, that is so passe.

Any degree of civilisation the Brits have is what they gathered from their victims in their bandit exploits. But they don't seem to have gained much of it.
edit on 9-8-2011 by Observor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

It definitely crossed my mind also - lets be honest - if the BNP/EDL were looking for any excuse to go out and very likely "get away" with attacking these looters who are black/asian - then they have found it haven't they.
Obviously there is no way of proving this - they did sound like guys fed up with their own area being trashed - but stating the obvious they aren't going to state they are BNP etc on Sky news are they.

link   

Originally posted by hillynilly
This little skirmish will
be quickly resolved.
The fires will stop,
the rioters
will run out of steam.
Over done with.
Everyone needs to stay calm,
quit freaking out,
you will scare the little ones.

You'd be "freaking out" too if this was happening where you live. From what you've said in this thread, you'd be bricking it so much that you'd be out shooting people.

You'd have to be from another planet to think that these guys will run out of steam while there are still shops untouched and goods to be stolen. When there are none, they will move somewhere else.

They know that the authorities are currently incapable of stopping this kind of extremely widespread and dynamic crime and they're going to get full mileage out of this while they can.

link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Originally posted by DanaKatherineScully
just seen this "Cameron gives the order to shoot" (thats the Prime Minister)

But you neglected to say that it was RUBBER bullets..... AKA Baton Rounds.

Don't kid yourself, at the right range these can seriously hurt, and a head-shot can kill.

No one should want to be near the police and get shot with these... Though if a few do, maybe the police can gain control of the situation, and those rioters/looters smart enough will abandon the place.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Anyone have any alternative feeds or radio feeds or anything localised in specific areas?

I'm finding sky and bbc to be quite repetitive now and no real updates of the smaller situations in other cities.

Perhaps thats a good thing? No news is good news. Maybe youth people are awakening from the spell that they have been put under. Hopefully this means that the riots are over and we can move on to other news

On a side note:
I just saw an aerial view of the Sony Warehouse...man they literally blew that sucker up!

ETA: What in the world are they using to light these places on fire? Molotov Cocktails don't do this much damage:

edit on 9-8-2011 by iamusic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

People upload to Youtube, facebook, and other such social medium from where they are.

If you start monitoring, you'll find lots of these go up. Some are from people caught in the mess, and others are from people who think they are super cool. Few of them are from the media.

I'm constantly scouring Twitter and YT for stuff and yeah, there is TONS... too much actually.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Observor

we tryed to civilise the world, thats why we had the biggest empire in history. now we have let the uncivilised into the heart of our nation. and the results are.........

"Tried to civilise the world"

Are you kidding me?

The British empire was one of the most brutal around.

Don't sugarcoat a well known history, it's futile.

And the blamegame ain't gonna sail either.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by EpicKingy
reply to post by McGinty

I very much doubt that there will be a National Service Call-Up.

Considering their already making huge cuts to current soldiers.The gov cant afford more troops.

They can't afford to pay the current troops, but who said a National Service Call-Up would be paid a full salary, if any at all ?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Don't kid yourself, at the right range these can seriously hurt, and a head-shot can kill.

No one should want to be near the police and get shot with these... Though if a few do, maybe the police can gain control of the situation, and those rioters/looters smart enough will abandon the place.

Oh no, I'm definitely not.
These can kill and are extremely painful, but was just pointing out that we should report the facts and not sensationalise.

They haven't been given the order to shoot bullets, like REAL bullets, but plastic/rubber one's.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Time to get this over folks!!

\The people in the area
standing by doing nothing
are a shame to humanity..

They will wish they have had a gun

when the angry mob
comes, burn there homes.
One of their family died.

link   

Originally posted by hrmmm
100's of Sikhs are now defending their community against rioters.
Sky News.
edit on 9-8-2011 by hrmmm because: (no reason given)

brilliant news, if only they would help protect other commumitties as well, unite with the enfield lads.

link   
Actually I was in central london last night and could hear the sirens. I had a board meeting and we sent people home early. It is not as bad as it seems ther ehave been fires set and looting but 200 people hell bent on trouble can cause millions.

I am proud to say that back in the day I wasa brixton rioter. I was annoyed at the police shooting an innocent women. But Rioters have their own agenda. it seems to me that this is just a criminal holiday to me. The people outside of Broadwater Farm that did not march have NO right Burning and looting their own (or anyone elses) community.

Just criminal.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

i was posting the headline as it stood, its being discussed on some news channels & are saying that the newspapers are going for shock value, this site is about the truth & i for one will not edit a newspaper headline, sorry.

link   

Originally posted by hillynilly
Time to get this over folks!!

\The people in the area
standing by doing nothing
are a shame to humanity..

They will wish they have had a gun

when the angry mob
comes, burn there homes.
One of their family died.

Can guns put fires out?

link   
In case it went buy to quick
there is commercials and stuff cause well its radio
people are reporting whats going on
and also giving their opinions

Originally posted by EvilBat
reply to post by blupblup

I've been listening to this LBC 97.3 there is callins and stuff

thats where I heard the one call in about insurance NOT covering any damage caused from riot

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia
Blackberrys have always been popular amongst hoodies. Not sure why you'd say otherwise.

I live in a heavily 'hooded' area, and while i see many on the phone, i have never seen a youth of any description using a Blackberry.

Bu i bow to your authority

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

Oh boy.. I hope you people know what this means..

Rubber bullets or not it's called "LESS lethal weapons/ammunition" for a reason.

There's no such thing as "NON lethal weaponry"

This could turn really ugly fast.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilBat
Just heard a phone call on radio that
insurance companies are NOT paying for damage done
they will cover a car fire if was done by wires but not from a riot

that is messed up.

Wake up people you just hurting yourselves in the long run.

I was wondering about this. At first I thought that insurance does not cover for civil unrest, so no cover. But then the BBC said something about insurance companies saying it was going to cost millions in claims, so presumably some people are covered.

That got me thinking:

1. Are insurance companies using the situation to hike prices again, whilst not actually paying out anything.

2. If insurance is going to cover the damage then how many businesses, struggling at the moment with the conomic downturn, might torch their own building to claim the insurance, using the riots as a cover.

Jeez I'm getting very cynical

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by zanoni7
reply to post by McGinty

The police are standing back because the dont't have the numbers. Can you imagine how much it would embolden the animals if a YouTube clip of a police riot unit getting routed and beaten sensless goes viral?

A valid point. We'll see how tonight goes with a vast increase (16,000) of police on the streets.

If you're correct then they'll be engaging heavily tonight.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by hrmmm
100's of Sikhs are now defending their community against rioters.
Sky News.
edit on 9-8-2011 by hrmmm because: (no reason given)

brilliant news, if only they would help protect other commumitties as well, unite with the enfield lads.

last night, there were Asian, Turkish & Polish communities on the street protecting their local area, there was a story of a Asian area where the police turned up & the area leaders told the police to go & look after other areas as they would stop anything going down in their area.
people protecting their area

new topics

top topics

<< 124  125  126    128  129  130 >>

join