It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 123
<< 120  121  122    124  125  126 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Peace

I think very soon (due to what I see on the news from across the pond) the riots are quickly coming upon the point of no return. By that I mean they might as well go as far as they can go because when it's finished there will be so much racial tension, tension between youth and police, adults and youth, structural damage, economic damage, and even now it seems almost irreversible to me. They may as well just burn London down and call the insurance company.

Eyenonothing

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DanaKatherineScully
reply to post by Flyer

all the football matches have been called off.

No they havent.

www.qpr.co.uk...

They will decide on Thursday whether the PL games go ahead.

Only 4 or 5 midweek London games have been called off.
edit on 9-8-2011 by Flyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

Originally posted by torsion
Surely the chavs won't torch Asda! Where else will they shop?

I couldn't believe these bellends torched the Sony distribution warehouse either-But they did...
Try getting a replacement PS3 now fools...

They ransacked it before burning it so they now own the PS3.

Got this email from Network DVD who have their stock at the Sony depot

"Due to the civil unrest in London and the resultant fire at the Sony storage depot at Enfield, a large amount of DVD stock has been irretrievably damaged - including a large number of Network titles. As a result stock availability will be limited for the next few weeks until normal service is resumed. This will also affect new titles due to ship over the next few weeks - these will, of necessity, be delayed. When we have more information on stock availability and new release dates we will update accordingly but, in the meantime, your patience is appreciated.

We’d like to thank all those customers who’ve contacted Network to express their concern at our wellbeing - please be assured that we’re not going anywhere."

All part of the knock on effect.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
2104: Tom Steedman describes to the BBC News Channel watching rioters target a Salford supermarket. He says they managed to drive away police who had been defending the store. "[The rioters] then proceeded to smash through all the shutters on the store, it's been completely looted, and now they've set the store on fire." Mr Steedman says he has seen a lot of people walking away with bags. "It's not just youths, there was actually a family drove up in a car and filled up their boot with stuff from Lidl and drove off."

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The Olympics should be fun, a riot even.

Only in the Western world can youths wearing $200 sneakers and carrying $350 smart phones protest about being poor.
edit on 9-8-2011 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Live text feed from the BBC (three minutes ago):

2104: Tom Steedman describes to the BBC News Channel watching rioters target a Salford supermarket. He says they managed to drive away police who had been defending the store. "[The rioters] then proceeded to smash through all the shutters on the store, it's been completely looted, and now they've set the store on fire." Mr Steedman says he has seen a lot of people walking away with bags. "It's not just youths, there was actually a family drove up in a car and filled up their boot with stuff from Lidl and drove off."

Source

A sign of things to come? (Hopefully just an isolated incident.)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Just read on Twitter that the Centre MK may have trouble and also Bicester Village, someone's wife has been warned by the police, but this is twitter so probably speculation.

We'll see

twitter.com...#!/kopite1972/status/100996216468418560
edit on 9/8/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Utter goons-have they thought of the economy-Because its going to DIVE after this crap-Who is going to want to invest in London after this?

Just think of the cost of repairs too?

Not on;y businesses but homes, cars and all manner of buildings.

Insurance companies will pay out millions... and that's to those who are lucky enough to be covered.

So sad.

Damn right blupblup,
These little bastards have just probably given us another 15% on our next years car insurance as well...
I can hardly afford mine this year.

And WTF do they think the cops will behave like in London after this?
There will be new laws and powers,our idiot yet sly government will not let a crisis like this go to waste-mark my words.

Hostility will increase between the police and the people.
Am I being too conspiratorial to wonder if thats what the plan was all along?
An opportunistic Tory power grab-Lets allow this situation to descend into near armaggeddon,then wait for the public to demand harsher measures by the cops,maybe?

I wouldn't put it past our loving slimy overlords.

edit on 9/8/2011 by Silcone Synapse because: sp

link   
The common denominator in nearly all reports since Saturday, the first night of riots, is the police standing off?.. I have witnessed the MET in action at the G meetings and they are ruthless. Something stinks here and we all know it.

Anarchy on the streets is a sure fire way of removing our freedoms and the freedom of the internet. The police and MSM keep touting that the groups are communicating because they are so well organized. Wrong, they are organised because their leaders are government infiltrators with an agenda.

They have lit the fire that will spread all over the uk, but that is exactly what they want. The hoodies and rioters are being used.

respects

link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
The Olympics should be fun, a riot even.

Only in the Western world can youths wearing $200 sneakers and carrying $350 smart phones protest about being poor.
edit on 9-8-2011 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

Sneakers don't cost $200 and most these $350 phones are given free on contract

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
So the MSM won't show new/live footage because they are afraid of more riots spreading? But they will show recap after recap, loop after loop of damages, sky news creating a "riot gallery" and so forth? Oh, the sanity...

Don't misunderstand, I am not for these acts, I want this to stop now, but, when MSM start having a conscience, that's when I get scared.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Here's the infallible sky news reporting that Mark Duggan did NOT fire his weapon..

The fact that he had a weapon, may have been missed by those defending him, is enough reason to get shot. He was being arrested for having a gun, the cop thought he was in danger and fired. If in fact this is the case how can any one in England defend him?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Anyone know of a good live cam feed of the riots because the RT feed has gone dead???

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by zanoni7
reply to post by Aeons

Now you've mentioned the 9mm accuracy I would really like to be your friend despite your somewhat extreme views. Do you promise to play nice and not shoot me?

I only rent them at the range. So unless you stand down the concrete bunker, I'm unlikely to hit you.

I do not consider myself extreme. I'm not exactly lighthanded, but extreme is an over exageration.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
How long before martial law is declared and looters and arsonists start getting shot? I think that another day of this should do the trick.

Maybe the police are now counting on the videos to provide evidence and will arrest the looters one at a time when there is no mob to incite rather than try to grab one or two now with the chance of making matters worse.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Damn right blupblup,
These little bastards have just probably given us another 15% on our next years car insurance as well...
I can hardly afford mine this year.

I know, apparently only those who are fully comp will get any money back (according to some insurance guy on the news earlier) and there were several business owners who only had buildings insurance, not contents... because they just couldn't afford it.

Little corner shops and so on .

Hostility will increase between the police and the people.

Oh even if this clears up tonight, tomorrow or whenever... it's proved it can happen just like that.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
It's started in Burnley!

2-0 against Burton

link   
reply to post by habfan1968

I agree, what a load of tosh. He had a gun, end of topic. His own fault. What about the countless innocents that die every single day. Makes me sick.

Well never mind, these riots arent about that in my opinion.

link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

maybe so, but most of this now is just wanton lawlessness, it's about nothing more than an opportunistic chance to get free stuff and run with the mob

link   

Originally posted by habfan1968
Here's the infallible sky news reporting that Mark Duggan did NOT fire his weapon..

The fact that he had a weapon, may have been missed by those defending him, is enough reason to get shot. He was being arrested for having a gun, the cop thought he was in danger and fired. If in fact this is the case how can any one in England defend him?

If he pointed it at either the police or the driver, they were justified in shooting him, if the gun wasnt pointed at anyone then the shooters should end up in prison, no one knows what happened yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 120  121  122    124  125  126 >>

join