It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 103
<< 100  101  102    104  105  106 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
RT @BreakingNews Breaking News
Disturbances reported in Bristol; rioters numbering about 150; also 'minor disturbances' in Manchester - from BBC TV broadcast

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Imagine how much these closings of shops and businesses will cost the economy...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I was at Clapham Junction last night and tbh, most of the rioters were average chavs...it wasn't a "Muslim revolution" or anything of that kind. The one thing they all had in common was being poor.

Same thing in Notting Hill later last night, of the 25-30 fools I saw running around most looked British to me, but of course there were a few people of color.

Either way, race WASN'T the issue. It was just poor people letting out their frustration in a really really dumb way.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
@marksplaceukII
Staff at the QE hospital are telling people to stay away from Harbourne High Street & Selly Oak, apparently kicked off. #birminghamriots

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by zanoni7
reply to post by DSSONE

Man, why couldn't I think of that - Dappy's the solution!

My point was that he needed to be visible to the UK public instead of sunning his fat, lazy ass acting all kinds of unconcerned with 'Theresa and Nick'll take care of it' when it's public knowledge those two couldn't even find a brewery, let alone organise a piss up in one!

I hope we get more politician visibility over the next days - give the little animals a legitimate target to aim at.

Fair point, but he probably hasn't been in holiday mode even though he was in Tuscany. And now he is back I'm not sure there is anything he can do, other than invoke the Civil Contingencies Act (which he may do yet). I can only speak for myself but him being overseas or in London made no difference to me because he is actually pretty powerless in this scenario.

But, yeah, Dappy or some other equivalent chav hero ftw

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Oh, this is near me! :S

@martinbrunt
Two 18-yr-olds arrested in Folkestone for allegedly inciting rioters through social media sites

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

you stupid one !!! very stupid !! go burn the house of your mother then !!! the car of your girl-friend !! but do not burn the houses or the cars of innocent people !! you fool !!

I'm not saying to go burn everything, I'm saying who is to blame for such frustration in the first place. Who created the mobs ? the huligans ? Huliganism is crated out of many aspects, frustration and lack of hope is one at a young age.

you are just a criminal !!

I'll stay by my opinion, I hope they burn the banks down. All the way down. Too bad for the homes, I feel sorry for people's property, but the banks and the big corporations, I hope they burn all the way down.

ridiculous !! what does it change for the rich and wealthy ?? nothing !! insurance will pay them back and the neo-capitalist system will continue to exist man !!
but here you do speak about political revolutionary fight against capitalism and this is REALLY NOT the case here !!
here we have halfbrain young stupids fighting for pleasure to destroy for pleasure and looting all over .... has NOTHING to do withj intelligent political fight !!
Just crazy behaviour that has to be stopped immediatly by force !!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Oh, this is near me! :S

@martinbrunt
Two 18-yr-olds arrested in Folkestone for allegedly inciting rioters through social media sites

If there's ever an actual political revolution most people on ats better hide

I'm sure plenty could be deemed to incite riots with their views
edit on 9-8-2011 by NadaCambia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sunlionspirit
it is totally normal the people get angry ok ???
whose fault ??
want me to burn your house, your car ?? tell me, you are not upset by this scum violence ??

I'm not saying that people shouldn't get angry over the mindless thuggery. All I'm saying is that turning this issue into a racial one will lead to the usual highly-charged and angry rhetoric which happens when the issue is debated, and will completely trash this thread, which, so far, has been largely excellent for information purposes and reasonable discussion.

edit on 9-8-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Ultimately it's the fault of the guy who first shouted "HEY... LET'S TRASH THAT SHOP OVER THERE NOW THE COPPERS AINT HERE!!"

Well i would have to disagree with you on that because you would also have to look into the reasons why the guy would consider shouting that...If it was a simple as that then this looting/rioting would be a daily occurrence. You have to ask yourself why now?

Nothing to do with protests and i hope the british govt will be able to resolve this soon.

Im curious why you say that this is nothing to do with protests, yes they are committing criminal acts but why cant a criminal act be considered a form of protest.
edit on 9/8/11 by HumanPLC because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/8/11 by HumanPLC because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Receipe for disaster :

1 shipfull of 'illegal' immigrants
150 or so paid foreign 'spooks'
600 000 disaffected youth
20 000 fully grown gangsters
10 social networking tools

Instructions:
mix the spooks gangsters and network tools and add a pinch of subversion powder
once these are all smashing windows together, add the disaffected youth.

you'll be sure to see the problem you were looking for rising in the oven @250degrees, and get the reactions you desired, after 3 or so days.
now you have the final solution - add a plastic decoration in the form of a comet

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLastStand

reply to post by TheLastStand

Me, I'm Gen X - I totally agree with your points. I am disgusted how far my apathetic, self-satisfied generation have allowed the govt to go. I'm fully prepared to stand with countrymen when the time comes to put things right.

If you guys wait any longer you will be tossing depends and false teeth at the enemy. Also, you will wait until the system gets borg-level technology that crushes us before any sort of rebellion takes place. Not until they show up in your living room wearing invisibility cloaks will you people realize the sickening level of technology they have accumulated to maintain their tyranny with. If your generation continues to sit of it's arse and wait you may as well be signing us away as slaves to the new world order. Your waiting is costing us everything and it is a fool's game.

Dude - I gave up a 6 figure sterling job and my safety to fight for the cause. Please don't be so judgemental.

If you read my recent post you'll see that I'm in an extreme minority. I am however following the words of the skinny guy and 'Being the change I wish to see around me'. In that respect, I welcome people I can work with to make a change and a difference. There are just so few... the majority of folks think, despite the fact that I've been more successful than them in the capitalist system and have a higher IQ, that I'm a freakin mental. They just wan't to sit and eat and drink themselves into a fat, socialogical coma. I'm alienated for my way of thinking.

Walk a mile in my shoes friend. Better still, lets walk together. Don't condemn me without even knowing me

I'm not actually you sound pretty sane for someone that had such a high income, my mother in-law could be considered in that group and I can say she harbours a well-guarded hate for my wreckless nature. I've always done things off the seat of my pants and every victory as great as some of them have been have always resulted in some painful consequences for me to deal with. Yeah sometimes I shoot myself in my own foot just to do what I believe is right.

I'll be honest this system killed something that I loved. It was practically dead before I even discovered it. I lucked out and got a job as a rigger with a company that was fairly lax on standards and trusted me to watch out for my own skin. I did that. I loved the close calls, they were fun, made me feel alive. I liked the action. I liked how my life was in my own hands and my own reflexes are what saved it or spared me from a world full of hurt. I liked the adrenaline, I enjoyed the heights and the grueling hours and good pay. What I did not enjoy was the bureaucracy and the certifications and the bullsh*t that was turning the most dangerous (and most fun) job on the site into another neutered boring job. I went to work for a bigger construction company and quickly found out that safety gets taken to a whole new level of idiocy where they are more worried about getting me to hook off on the make-belief sky hook at 4 feet climbed up on something (that was my freakin job climbing on things and rigging them, god damn you OH&S you fools, I got paid the big bucks to take the risk and be the guy that handled the risky situations, that was in my character).

I am also a bit cursed, for you see, my fiancee knows this much, I am gifted at everything that I do. I am the guy that picks something up and does it extremely well very quickly but apparently this isn't a good trait for the working world anymore because instead of being smart and figuring things out you are to be a dummy that gets kept in the dark and instead of understanding what they do you just do things like a trained monkey. I don't believe in this reality these jerks are making for us, it's my life, it's my body, I'll waive on their help if it is going to make this reality into a boring, sterile place -- of course they don't accept me telling them I'll pass on their brand of help, nope, everybody must partake because they know what is best for you. Give me a dangerous job I'll do it with a smile on my face but I am quite miserable getting told how useless I am by a bunch of self-serving twatts whom think they can now hold job lotteries because people are so desperate for work. This is a co-ordinated assault on the working man using "instruments" of manipulation (that's what bankers call their tools, "instruments"). Once you understand bureaucracy and how it works it is designed to take the human out of human being, and just have beings as those cogs in the great machine. The result is not something that is human but more resemblant of the matrix style human battery grid with ruthless, evil machines at the apex running people's lives because they know what is best for them. Seriously the system has shown the chink in it's armor it is up to you people to finally take advantage of that. Whatever the reason for the riot starting are besides the point, now that you've been shown the system's weakness you now know it can be defeated, when is the time going to be any better for this uprising?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DSSONE

Agree with you - Dave is pretty inneffective and impotent anyway. He's show he's the bankers b*tch by giving into them. I can hardly believe we have such a weak individual as a Prime Minister. I detest Margaret Thatcher, but she had bigger balls than Cameron and Clegg combined. These two are nothing but bankers bultlers

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Reports of a huge fire in London. Numerous people are mentioning it on Twitter. Coming from Hackney direction?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
RT @Rav1no: Greenwich Council releases statement saying any Council tenants involved in rioting will be evicted #LondonRiots

link   

Originally posted by ZIPMATT
Receipe for disaster :

1 shipfull of 'illegal' immigrants
150 or so paid foreign 'spooks'
600 000 disaffected youth
20 000 fully grown gangsters
10 social networking tools

Instructions:
mix the spooks gangsters and network tools and add a pinch of subversion powder
once these are all smashing windows together, add the disaffected youth.

you'll be sure to see the problem you were looking for rising in the oven @250degrees, and get the reactions you desired, after 3 or so days.
now you have the final solution - add a plastic decoration in the form of a comet

Bingo! The system isn't as stupid as it pretends to be, they created this villification to a legitimate uprising that is in the works anyway. In fact, the provocateuring is designed as a release valve for this explosion, so that they can bulk up containment without us complaining. They have to carefully engineer a containment system which we will buy into before they come cracking down on people wanting to be free of their tyranny. By the time we realize the water is boiling we will be popping and hissing in agony from it.

link   
Doubtless a significant element within the rioters/looters will see the increased police presence as the equivalent to an invitation to a major theme park. Just how many actually take to the streets will demonstrate the degree to which they have no idea they may actually meet their match once the Met have got themselves organised.

Then again, once they feel they're on the back foot they may think they've got nothing to lose and just start an arms race.

They will obviously come off worse, but a lot of people are likely to get seriously hurt in the process.

Brace yourselves.

link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish

I never thought I'd see this in our Country.

edit on 9-8-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

We've had it before. Maybe not on this widespread scale but Google PC Blakelock. He was a police officer who was macheted to death by rioters in 1985 in Tottenham, London.

Also look up the Moss Side riots in Manchester of 1981. Shops burned and looted, police stations besieged, policeman shot with crossbow. Three days and nights of mayhem.

Manchester could get hit tonight. The yobs will think that the extra 10,000 police officers shipped into London will mean less coppers defending other areas.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
What’s the difference between the situation in London after the shooting by police of Mark Duggan, and the situation in Tunis, after the Tunisian street vendor set himself on fire on December 17, 2010, in protest of the confiscation of his wares and the harassment and humiliation that he reported was inflicted on him by a municipal official?

Are we going to see a no-fly zone over England? May be a UN.- backed intervention to support the ‘rebels’ will take place soon in England?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Originally posted by Sunlionspirit
it is totally normal the people get angry ok ???
whose fault ??
want me to burn your house, your car ?? tell me, you are not upset by this scum violence ??

I'm not saying that people shouldn't get angry over the mindless thuggery. All I'm saying is that turning this issue into a racial one will lead to the usual highly-charged and angry debate which happens when the issue is debated, and will completely trash this thread, which, so far, has been largely excellent for information purposes and reasonable discussion.

nobody is racial ! but look around and tell me how much young real english guys and girls ?
so what, because it's scum that is burning our society down we may not be very angry ??
we must be nice and polite and wait untill those nice guys get a lolly or what ?
you are naive and telling things that have nothing to do with reality !
it's like with anti-zionism and anti-semitism, we have nothing against jews but we have lots of critics against ZIONISM !!! understand the difference man ???
we have nothing against black or green or yellow people, but we hate their scum violence the more and the more !! ok ?

edit on 9-8-2011 by Sunlionspirit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 100  101  102    104  105  106 >>

join