It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 104
<< 101  102  103    105  106  107 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I wonder if David Cameron still wants to "hug a hoodie"...?

link   
BREAKING NEWS In the last hour several shop windows have been smashed in West Bromwich. Up to 200 youths in hoodies have been seen on the streets and police have now pushed the crowd to one side.

link   
reply to post by zanoni7

Be careful what you hope for, because the politicians will take away whats left of our wealth and rights while coming up with a solution to fix this that lines their pockets even more.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Methusalem969

You, sir, ##SNIP## to compare what happened in Tunisia to London. Let's not forget, the man shot dead by police also shot at the police first.

The last two nights have nothing to do with last Thursday. Just gangs of youths causing trouble; two girls even admitted that on BBC. Not "carrying the great flag of liberty"

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumanPLC
Im curious why you say that this is nothing to do with protests, yes they are committing criminal acts but why cant a criminal act be considered a form of protest.
edit on 9/8/11 by HumanPLC because: (no reason given)
because a protest is not a crime and if you mix the two you protest is illegitimate and you just a criminal that needs the full weight of the law against them

maybe if they occupied gov buildings without wrecking the place somebody would listen but robbing people and actin like "bad man" is no protest its just crime

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Methusalem969
What’s the difference between the situation in London after the shooting by police of Mark Duggan, and the situation in Tunis, after the Tunisian street vendor set himself on fire on December 17, 2010, in protest of the confiscation of his wares and the harassment and humiliation that he reported was inflicted on him by a municipal official?

Are we going to see a no-fly zone over England? May be a UN.- backed intervention to support the ‘rebels’ will take place soon in England?

here we have it .... do you not see the difference no ???
jesus, there they fight for democracy, in London they are just scum taking pleasure with burning houses and cars and looting !!!
this is anti-democracy ! anti-human, if you want to make a very little parallel then look at Kadhafi killing his own people !!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
@orangebooker1
Just learned arrested rioters included people with jobs, university graduates even youth worker!! Clearly not all deprived & disenfranchised

Reports from magistrates giving addresses of rioters as being some way out of London. Hmm. Students, graphic designers, youth worker...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
4 days ago I was hopeful of the protests, thinking maybe this would be the big one that finally leads to something being done.

Now I just despair. The longer this mindless thuggery goes on, with the police not doing much at all to prevent it, the more evident it is that this is a deliberate, planned criminal act, not only by the criminals looting and destroying, but the police themselves. This is all about money. The police dont want their funding cut, so they incite a load of trouble to show they need their funding as it is.

Its only a matter of time before these thugs burn down the wrong building, and other groups of people fight back.
edit on 9-8-2011 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by torsion

Originally posted by JonoEnglish

I never thought I'd see this in our Country.

edit on 9-8-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

We've had it before. Maybe not on this widespread scale but Google PC Blakelock. He was a police officer who was macheted to death by rioters in 1985 in Tottenham, London.

Also look up the Moss Side riots in Manchester of 1981. Shops burned and looted, police stations besieged, policeman shot with crossbow. Three days and nights of mayhem.

Manchester could get hit tonight. The yobs will think that the extra 10,000 police officers shipped into London will mean less coppers defending other areas.

I agree quite a few towns and cities around the UK are going to get hit tonight as the lowlife scum come out of the woodwork and jump on the bandwagon....

Got my baseball bat handy if the enter my neighborhood!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
@stevedouglasitv
Hundreds of police line up in salford. Bricks thrown at officers. #riots yfrog.com...

link   
Nobody rates the Cricket bat anymore?

link   

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
@stevedouglasitv
Hundreds of police line up in salford. Bricks thrown at officers. #riots yfrog.com...

Getting closer to me

link   
reply to post by TheLastStand

I've no doubt that the time is now, or near as damn it. There's been a growing feeling of resentment for a long time; it got a further turbo boost by the banking crisis. Like you, I've been lucky to be gifted with abilities. For years I worked with my head down and became a senior exec at a multi billion dollar outfit. Time came when I lost a great friend and it made me rethink what I was doing with my life. Endless airports, travel and neglecting the people I care most about. I decided to take a year out. I spent all my time watching documentaries on near every subject relevant to our world you can imagine. You name the doc, I've probably seen it. Always up for good new ones though. Either way, after a year of 'waking up' I find now I can't go back to sleep again. I will feel that I have let myself down on a fundamental level if I don't do something more with my life than grease the wheels of the machine that processes us. Hence, I'm here, there and everywhere. Helping, discussing, acting and - importantly - listening. I will physically support any legitimate and peaceful protest. The problem is that there is no coordinated protest in the UK I know of - the majority of people, as we've discussed, are in a deep sleep.

link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

You and I agree, it is always the fault of the people behind the show, they made this happen.

Yes my friend, its good to know you... I think were the minority on this thread though, lol... I just hope that people understand that just because you try to understand why people behave like this is not the same as condoning their behavior.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by Methusalem969

You, sir, ##SNIP##to compare what happened in Tunisia to London. Let's not forget, the man shot dead by police also shot at the police first.
"

Go away with your BS lies! He didn't shoot @ anyone! Even the officer who killed him said he didn't shoot!
edit on 9-8-2011 by Unrivaled1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2011 by Unrivaled1 because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Aug 9 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia
Nobody rates the Cricket bat anymore?

I keep a trusty Gunn & Moore under my bed for any ''emergencies''.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
CCTV pictures of those wanted in connection with disturbances in Birmingham last night:

West Midlands Police

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold
reply to post by TheLastStand

I hear you, you're pissed off, the legacy left to you is #. This is not the way to fix it, this only plays into the very hands which you want to cut off!

You must fight the urge to cause wanton destruction because it will NOT fix anything.

Of course it plays into their hands because they will take anything legitimate and turn it into a joke just like they have done. How can any of you watch g20 protests and not realize this!? The people hitting up those shops are likely being lead by provacateurs. This is what is used to bust us down and agree with busting us down whenever tensions rise like this. God forbid the day any of you non-rioters ever get a legitimate beef and march the streets, for on that day, you too will be a rioter, and you will be associated with the unruly provacateurs the government sicks on the crowd as an excuse to crack down on it. Flat out, you people are being manipulated into siding with the government. Things cannot play any other way if we try to negotiate our way out of the deathgrip control the system has over us, you cannot negotiate with the real terrorists on this earth -- remember it's their policy to not really negotiate. They might offer a sandwich or some token gesture but at the end of the day they get people to back down and surrender for a sandwich and not what they wanted in the first place. If martial law comes here, I'll play it like they do and pretend to be fine with it to their faces but behind their backs I would poison everything I produce for them and I would even go so far as to figure out how to best waste their resources and water their power and control down as possible.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Sunlionspirit

It's not about politics, it's about nature of things, these huligans are the product of the state, if there is such instruction on how to raise huligans, grow them in your back yard go ask people that run that country.

They would tell you how to make an instinctual huligan. A huligan has lost all hope, it's only based on instinct, you can't judge it because it's just acting out of instinct, it does not plan anything, does not think into making an elaborate plot, just like the riots in England, there is no plot, no coordination, it's just angry people acting random giving out their frustration. Pure hate and frustration towards the people that run the country.

top topics

<< 101  102  103    105  106  107 >>

join