It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A grim outlook, the Misery of the bored and lonely One Consciousness.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
"*I have heard the Cherokee story a couple times now about when the Prophet was with them. It was said that there were many tales, but most were as all the other nations. The one that was unique to the Cherokee was one in which the Healer was troubled by the events of the future. His twelve disciples (all tribes say he chose twelve for his special training!) were following him through the woods for fear any danger would come upon Him. At one point, the Healer came across a fawn that was lost in the woods. The Healer asked him where his mother was? The fawn turned his head and looked down a path. Not far away was the mother, the victim of a huge cat. She had given her life to save her young.

The Healer knelt down beside the dead mother and started stroking the body. As His hand passed over the wounds, they healed up, leaving no marks. The deer then started breathing and rose. The disciples were upset at this and asked Him why he was wasting His energy on the animals. The Pale One said, "There cannot be too many good deeds. Such is the manner of compassion. A lost lamb is my Father's business, as important as saving a nation, if one need not choose between them. More precious in my Father's eyes is a good deed than the most exquisite jewel." He Walked The Americas www.wolflodge.org...

Maybe you are on the wrong path? You do know that God is calling his children, don't you?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

I do believe in the source, God if you like, through which all things spring from.

Peace

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I´m not sure how this applies to my post.

Could you elaborate further?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

So I don't feel trapped. I think the sadness we all feel is the separation from the source and eachother. When I fall in love, I almost want to absorb the person. I think that is also symbolic of our relationship with god. Sorry so wordy. I hope you to hear your thoughts. Namaste. edit on 4-8-2011 by sunqueen30 because: (no reason given)
reply to post by sunqueen30

Yes, there is a definate pain of being seperated from the source.

When I look up at the night sky, I get this bittersweet feeling of longing for home.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sunqueen30

Your words resonate within me so well. I feel as you do....every word.....I feel it too. I was just thinking the other day how we pay others for land ....how silly. No one can ever own any piece of land nor can they take it with them when this existence is over. Money is the leader in an irrational drug abused society and it is time for replenishing so we may live as we were supposed to. Man has done a lot of harm and we are reaping the seeds that were sown. I am ready to plant the life seed and watch life take on a different meaning. So many of us are feeling the despair and await a new way of life. We will manifest it in due time.

Peace and love to you and yours!!!! xoxoxox

Jenn

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
In quantum physics, awareness changes a wave of potentials into a particle of definite measurability. Everything that you observe is a result of awareness. Everything that you don't observe lies withing the realm of infinity.

So yes, nothing 'exists' outside of consciousness, but there is a fluid-like realm of infinite possibilities.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

You mean like superposition?

I´m definately interested in Quantum Physics, it actually set me on this way of thinking.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I know where you are coming from, a lot of people would like to claim the eternal throne for power, but what they fail to realize is that we already have the throne as we are the extension of the source. However, that feeling of agony and despair comes from the feeling of eternity. To know that you can't truly die, is very much equal to non existence. In other words, nothingness and immortality are very much in the same category in terms of eternity. And lets face it, eternity scares the crap out of us whether we would like to admit it or not, but even worse than eternity is the utter feeling of being alone.
reply to post by RisenAngel77

Very well put, this might well be what I´m feeling.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainInstaban
reply to post by smithjustinb

You mean like superposition?

I´m definately interested in Quantum Physics, it actually set me on this way of thinking.

Idk about superposition. I'm just talking about the role of the observer as changing waves to particles just by observing.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by InnerPeace2012
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I completely agree.

Our eyes are the window to this physical reality, hence a spotlight. Anything outside of this physical reality can be ascribe as being a figment of one's imagination, from a physical perspective that is.

Mind boggling stuff

Peace
edit on 4-8-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

Dude, your writing style is remarkable similar to that Itisnowagain poster that you just replied to. Kind of weird. Did you guys go to the same guru school?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainInstaban

You will build your reality and your subjective perceptions of things around your inner most fundamental beliefs about reality as a whole. No fundamental belief can ever be proven or disproven, so none are better or more right.

If you have a fundamental belief that consciousness is "subjectively experiencing itself", and ultimately all things are absorbed into a single unit, then despair and horror at the final destiny of reality is the natural end result, arising from absolute and inevitable eternal solitary confinement.

Adjust your fundamental beliefs, and youll adjust that perspective.

For example, you believe all things came from nothingness. How about believe all things came from infiniteness, and this reality is simply an infinitesimal manifestation of that infiniteness? That sure leads to different conclusions. Neither can be proven, nor disproven, as there is no such thing as objective proof anyway, so really its your choice in what to believe.

I believe our beliefs create our realities, and that our beliefs are free will choices. if your outlook is grim, its because youve chosen a grim outlook, for whatever reasons you have.
edit on 4-8-2011 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-8-2011 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
How does my post apply to your post. Hard to explain. I'll start by repeating several of your statements and maybe they will explain the overall tone that I heard....

"I suscribe to the theory that existence is nothing but pure consciousness, the universe and all matter and life being a mere figment of the One Consciousness´ imagination."

"Everytime I step out of this world and get way beyong my human existance, in my visions I get this feeling of pure despair and agony. A feeling of being trapped, no where to escape. "

"Is the Universe and this Existencence in all its splendor and all encompassing greatness just a little charade"

"Like I said, it´s a grim outlook, and I hope and want it not to be like this. "

"I´m just laying this out before you, as I have been getting these feelings for years, every now and then. "

These statements painted a picture in my mind, one of some confusion, sadness, despair and that perhaps you are still seeking a path. Perhaps that this whole idea of One Consciousness was not satisfying to your soul. It wasn't giving you peace in someways. I've heard this from friends as well, just in different words. The story I provided is from the elders from the Cherokee Nation. It is one of their legends of The Pale One, who came several thousand years ago to teach them a new way of living, and to teach them them the importance of good deeds and compassion - and that LOST lambs were his Father's business. Yes, nearly all of the Native tribes of North and South America revere their Morning Dawn Star - a pale man, in robes, golden sandals , beard, miracle healer who came from a land afar. He preached His Father's Will. You see, this man was most likely Jesus Christ. Because the tone of your post was one of still feeling somewhat lost, and because you asked for gentleness in the responses, I felt it best to suggest another alternative than "throwing scripture" at you. That is to say that the path that you are on may not be the path that God wants you to be on.
I hope that this is gentle enough for you

I sincerely hope that you find your answers, no matter which path you choose.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

So, what we end up with is a conscious awareness - with a specific identity - that carries on long after the brain that configured each instant of thought (like cells collected together in the end) has long turned into elements fed into the corporeal structure of other things. That awareness is a very unique form of information, and since it was directive and determinative when launched into physical existence, its true nature is that of an information/event trajectory hybrid - or dynamic information. You can call it a ghost, a spirit, an angel, a demon, or whatever word you like, but this is what consciousness is, and until this hybrid emerged, there wasn't any consciousness in existence within this reality confine.
reply to post by NorEaster

So are you saying that this cumulative knowledge, info and awareness is passed on by, and resides within our cells?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Here's the thing. Let's take the One Consicousness idea as a framework and assume the OP's post is accurate. I actually feel like I know exactly what the OP is talking about. But suppose we have the absolute worst scenario: The One Consciousness sitting there with itself through all eternity, bored, lonely, trapped, and weary of the burden of itself. Now, whatever caused this cosmic malaise, one thing is certain: something is wrong. When something is wrong, then at least potentially there must also exist a "right" in comparison to which the state of "wrongness" is wrong. If there is a theoretical "right", and it's not the state the One Consciousness finds itself in, it sort of implies it/you is not at the highest state after all. So this cannot be an accurate vision of the most truly "fundamental" reality.

Another possibility: might this intuition of cosmic boredom/lonliness come from artificially mapping human emotions onto something so beyond human that it makes no sense? I think it makes sense to suppose that your One Consciousness wouldn't experience emotions in the same way as humans. A problem of psychospiritual scale...

edit on 8/4/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

The Pale One, who came several thousand years ago to teach them a new way of living, and to teach them them the importance of good deeds and compassion - and that LOST lambs were his Father's business. Yes, nearly all of the Native tribes of North and South America revere their Morning Dawn Star - a pale man, in robes, golden sandals , beard, miracle healer who came from a land afar. He preached His Father's Will. You see, this man was most likely Jesus...

Mormon, eh?

Well, either way, what you propose is out of their playbook.

The OP is about this somewhat melancholic idea of the "One" that is ultimately lonely, bored, miserable. Why not share what Mormons think is the "solution" to this problem?

JR
edit on 4-8-2011 by JR MacBeth because: sp

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Well, thank you for explaining and your good intention, but I think the path I am on is the right one for me, spiritually speaking.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainInstaban

So, what we end up with is a conscious awareness - with a specific identity - that carries on long after the brain that configured each instant of thought (like cells collected together in the end) has long turned into elements fed into the corporeal structure of other things. That awareness is a very unique form of information, and since it was directive and determinative when launched into physical existence, its true nature is that of an information/event trajectory hybrid - or dynamic information. You can call it a ghost, a spirit, an angel, a demon, or whatever word you like, but this is what consciousness is, and until this hybrid emerged, there wasn't any consciousness in existence within this reality confine.

So are you saying that this cumulative knowledge, info and awareness is passed on by, and resides within our cells?

No. I'm not saying that at all.

I used the analogy of cells to describe the collective nature of each instant of conscious awareness that emerges as a result of each instant that the human brain does what it does on behalf of the corporeal whole. Each "burst" of intellect associates with each other burst as if they are cells within the same body. They don't scatter, since Identity is an existential survival imperative expression, and must be adhered to by that which comes into existence (to the extent that whatever it is that exists can be successful, of course)

This collective nature is the result of the "Hierarchy of Kind", the basic law of Association and Delineation, which provides the protocol for establishing a physical state of being. Authorship is a primordial association within a specific reality confine, so all authored information remains associated with its own kind. When examining the material world, we see this rigid law of association everywhere. Think about the last time you left your ass attached to the couch when you go up to get a beer. Oh....it never happened to you? Well, there you are. Your atoms maintained strict association with the umbrella whole that is the corporeal you, and you didn't even have to sell them on the idea. That's because the entire physical structure - from molecule to galaxy - is very dependent on the Hierarchy of Kind, and what it provides in consistency of existential expression.

You are actually those bursts of Intellect that are gathering in mass as you read this post. When your corporeal intellect generator finally quits working (it dies), you'll be completed as a fully developed human being. You'll be conscious and fully viable within the informational realm, and ready to begin human existence.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

This collective nature is the result of the "Hierarchy of Kind", the basic law of Association and Delineation, which provides the protocol for establishing a physical state of being. Authorship is a primordial association within a specific reality confine, so all authored information remains associated with its own kind. When examining the material world, we see this rigid law of association everywhere

You mean like a written code, a sort of computer program that is constantly learning?

Also are you referring to some particular teachings or philosophies?

You are actually those bursts of Intellect that are gathering in mass as you read this post. When your corporeal intellect generator finally quits working (it dies), you'll be completed as a fully developed human being. You'll be conscious and fully viable within the informational realm, and ready to begin human existence.

To begin human existence? What am I experiencing right now then?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
A one conciousness that feels emptyness, that wants to go home, wants to be reunited with clans of ancient days. This place we are in is strange. It is a place of many things.

This place we are in seems to be the place of mistakes.

It's the place of history repeating itself.

It's the place where we can never find the beginning.

The place of no real rest.

The place of pain, cancers, bacterias and viruses that feed off our bodies.

It's the place where people feed off of each other through emotional support, abuse, love, slavery, sex, or lend a hand.

It's the place where no one lives long and as we age, our bodies decay and rot away while our conciousness is still in them.

It is the place we profess love for one another and then selfishly pull it back.

It's the place of addiction, to food, sex, drugs, drama...

It's the place of illusions and the place of prisons, where no one owns their body to any degree as they fight off the mosquito that sucks the life blood from them or picks off the fat tick sucking away at them, down to war mongers and murderers who rationalize it's justification.

This place is either a testing ground or a form of purgatory.

These all could be possibilities as to why everyone feels horrible even though their lives seem to be going ok, giving them reason to feel grateful from time to time.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Hi NorEaster,

Thanks for the remark.

I'm an IT professional and English is my third language.

A kinda notice the similar writing style with Itisnowagain.
I can only say we both understand each other very well.

No guru school for me...
. I simply observe and learn.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join